OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/22/2024 3:29 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY SEPT 29 ~ SAT OCT 5

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/22/2024 3:37 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/29/2024 1:54 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 29 ~ SAT OCT 5

Have a wonderful week!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

9/29/2024 8:29 am  #3

Q. A prisoner is forced to go into one of three rooms, but he can choose which room. The first room is ablaze with fire. The second one is rigged with explosives that will go off as soon as he enters. The third contains a pair of lions who haven't eaten in years. Which room should he choose to survive? A. The third room—any lions who hadn't eaten in years would be dead!

LUCKY US FOR HAVING SOME FINE SUNNY DAYS FOR THE END OF SEPT.

CHERYL.......I GET MY PIZZA DOUGH FROM A LOCAL BAKERY, PORTLAND PIE CO.  THEY FEATURE FLAVORED DOUGHS LIKE BASIL, GARLIC, ETC AND PLAIN.  I FREEZE THEM AND USE THEM WHEN I FEEL A CRAVING FOR PIZZA.

DEVONNE.....THANKS FOR POSTING ABOUT MARILYN.  I'M SORRY SHE HAS ISSUES AND LUCKY FOR HER TO HAVE MICKEY AS A PARTNER AND CLOSE BUDDY.  I HOPE SHE GETS TO MOVE WHERE SHE PREFERS.

JUDY......THANKFULLY YOU DO NOT HAVE COVID.  SOMETIMES WE CAN GET LAID LOW BY SIMPLE HEALTH ISSUES THAT COME AND GO QUICKLY.  I HOPE YOURS IS A QUICKLY GONE.

HOLLY......SORRY TO HEAR ASHLEY ISN'T COMING BACK TO US.  ITS NICE OF YOU TO KEEP US POSTED THOUGH.  THANX.

MY SON AND WIFE STOPPED BY YESTERDAY.  THEY HAD 2 APPOINTMENTS TO SEE A HOUSE AND A CONDO.  THEY WERE HAPPY TO HAVE HOMEMADE PIZZA FOR THEIR QUICK LUNCH.  MY SON WANTS A CONDO. HE SAYS HE'S TIRED OF SHOVELING DRIVEWAYS AND PATHWAYS AND MOWING FROM WHEN WE LIVED IN THE COUNTRY AND ALSO WHERE THEY ARE NOW.  I CAN'T BLAME HIM.  I HOPE THEY FIND SOMETHING SOON IF THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT.  THEY ARE LUCKY TO BE IN HIS COUSIN'S APT.  SHE HASN'T GONE UP IN HIS RENT SINCE DAY ONE SOME YEARS BACK.  AND THEY HAVE A POOL RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO ENJOY THRU THE SUMMER.  BUT ITS NOT UP TO ME.  I WOULD JUST HIRE SOMEONE TO DO THE SHOVELING.  WE GETS LOTS OF SNOW UP HERE IN NORTH COUNTRY USUALLY SO ITS DEFINITELY AN ISSUE.

ITS MY DAY OF REST SO YOU KNOW ME, REST, REST, REST AND ENJOY MY DAY.  IT DIFFERS ONLY IN THAT I DO NOT DO ANY HOUSECLEANING ON SUNDAYS.  BUT MY DAYS ARE STILL, VERY RESTFUL THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE WEEK. STILL, BEING A RETIRED SENIOR AND WITHOUT ANYONE ELSE TO CARE FOR HERE, I FEEL SUNDAY IS EXTRA SPECIAL.
ENJOY YOUR OWN SUNDAY.  HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/29/2024 8:47 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/29/2024 8:57 am  #4

Good Morning to everyone!  I'm very cold this morning, hope Tracy wakes up soon.  Then I can take my shower.  it's only 49* outside and I'm feeling it inside.  I'm not very bright this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

9/29/2024 5:48 pm  #5

HI!
JUST LOST A POST. WILL TRY TO POST LATER. DARRELL HAS CATARACT SURGERY TOMORROW.
WE ARE GETTING MORE RAIN. SURE DON'T NEED IT NOW.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS.........

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

9/30/2024 9:26 am  #6

LINDA, I HOPE DARRELL GETS THRU THE CATARACT SURGERY PRETTY WELL TODAY.  CROSSING MY  FINGERS...AND MY TOES.

Last edited by quiltbea (9/30/2024 9:39 am)

9/30/2024 9:29 am  #7

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is a beautiful day here, the sun is out and up high, there is a slight breeze blowing.  Nothing moving down low.

I'm sorry I don't have anything to say and I'm not very bright, but I do try to say a little something every day.  Hard to say it's the last day of Sept. and we'll be moving into Oct. tomorrow and true fall.  Well, I don't have anything else to say right now, so will sign off, wishing you all well.  Hope everyone has a lovely day, BJ.

9/30/2024 9:39 am  #8

Q: What's the best way to stuff a turkey? A: Serve him lots of pizza and ice cream!

SUNNY AND BRITE TODAY.  HITTING THE 70S.  LOVELY.  TOO BAD I AM SPENDING IT INDOORS.

I AM MAKING SOME CHICKEN RICE SOUP TODAY.  ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I SHARED WITH OTHERS HERE SO I NEED TO GET CRACKING.  I ALSO HAVE NEW YORK SIRLOIN DEFROSTED IF I WANT A STEAK SANDWICH LATER.  YOU KNOW ME LADIES, I MAKE MY LIFE AROUND FOOD THESE DAYS.  BUT HAPPILY I AM STAYING ABOUT THE SAME IN MY WEIGHT.  I COULD BE A HALF TON IF I WORKED ON IT.

NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT.  SAME OLD, SAME OLD.
BE SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/30/2024 9:42 am)

9/30/2024 9:59 am  #9

Good morning, ladies!  What a beautiful, yet chilly morning, with an overnight low on 36 degrees!  Brrrr!  But the sky is clear blue, and mountains look beautiful!

DS & his pup were here yesterday and he, pup, DH and I had a wonderful day walking in the woods and along the river.  Gorgeous!

We attended my niece's (J's) memorial service over the weekend, and K's will be in mid October. It was a lovely tribute, but it's still so hard to believe she's gone!

On a happy note, my nomad sister was able to fly back for the service, then out again on Sunday.

Gotta run! Dental cleaning this morning.

PS - Strings/Linda, I hope your DH's cataract surgery went very smoothly and heals quickly! 🙏🏻

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

9/30/2024 2:39 pm  #10

HI!

THANKS FOR GOOD GOOD WISHES FOR DARRELL. HE DID FINE. THIS IS SECOND EYE THIS MONTH. FIRST EYE WAS THE 16th.  THEY ALSO DID SOME KIND OF STENTS FOR GLAUCOMA. FIRST EYE A LITTLE SLOW TO NOT BE BURRY, BUT HIS EYE DOC SAID ALL WAS OKAY. HE SAYS HIS EYE GLASSES MAKE WORSE. HE HAS FOLLOW UP THE 17th OF OCT.

I WAS ABOUT OVER A COUDH THAT STARTED IN LATER PART OF AUGUST. WAS ALMOST OVER AND GOT ANOHTER BOUT OF SOMETHING. DS#2 STARTED WITH IT A FEW DAYS BEFORE ME. HE GOT IT FROM A COWORKER. SO BASICLY HAVE COUGHED SINCE LAST PART OF AUGUST. KEPT ME FROM GOING TO BARBARA'S FOR LABOR DAY COOKOUT. SO DIDN'T GET TO SEE GREAT GRANDSON DEAN THEM. DID GET TO SEE HIM AT DARRELL'S 89th BIRTHDAY. I DIDN'T HOLD HIM THEM. IT WAS A NICE CELEBRATION. BOTH SONS WERE THERE, ALL 3 GRANDSONS AND 1 GREAT GRANDSON. MY SIS AND HIS NIECE AND HER HUSBAND WERE THERE. BARBARA AND MIKE TOO.

THINK THAT ABOUT CARCHES UP FROM THIS PART OF THE WORLD.

BEING WITHOUT POWER MISSED A LOT OF NEWS. SEEING SOME NEWS COVERAGE OF THE DAMAGE AND DEATHS. SO SAD.

CAROL, HOPE YOU HAVE DONE OKAY WITH YOUR CATARACT SURGERY. IF YOU ARE LIKE US, GLAD THAT PART IF OVER. I AM CONCERNED ABOUT DARRELL RUBBING HIS EYES. HE CAN'T REMEMBER NOT TO DO THAT.

WE HAD SOME RAIN TODAY. MAY TOMORROW AS WELL. WE DO NOT NEED IT NOW. GROUND IS SATURATED. 

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS......................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

9/30/2024 3:47 pm  #11

Linda, glad the surgeries went well for your hubby.  Sending prayers that your cough goes away.

Sandra, thanks for answering me on the pizza crust question.  What a grand idea.  I think some of the local pizza shops sell their crusts but have never thought of a bakery.

It is still cool and drizzling but otherwise not issues.  I am still horrified when I see all the damage from the hurricane in all the states and still so many unaccounted for in the damage.

Made some marinara sauce and we had it over elbow macaroni for supper.  I used the last of the tomatoes that a friend gave us.  Never did get to roast some.

10/01/2024 7:42 am  #12

HOW ABOUT A RIDDLE....
Q. A man is washing windows on the 25th floor of an apartment building. Suddenly, he slips and falls. He has nothing to cushion his fall, and no safety equipment—but he doesn't get hurt. How is this possible? A. He's washing windows inside the building.

I HAD TO THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND.

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE.  NO COMPLAINTS.  WAITING FOR SALLY, MY LIBRARY LADY TO BRING SOME NEW BOOKS.  I HAVE SEVERAL FOR HER TO TAKE FOR HER BOOK SALE.

CHERYL......OUR DOUGH IS SOLD AT OUR LOCAL GROCERY CHAIN WHERE MY SON STOCKS UP FOR ME.
ROASTING THE TOMATOES WOULD GIVE THEM A GREAT ADDITIONAL FLAVOR, BUT ANY FRESH TOMS ARE GOOD TO GET.

LINDA.....ITS NICE TO SEE YOU POSTING.  ALSO GOOD THAT DH IS DONE NOW WITH HIS CATARACT SURGERIES SO YOU CAN WIND DOWN ON HIS EYE CARE SOON.  

WILL GET STARTED ON MY DAY.  WISHING YOU A GOOD DAY YOURSELVES.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/01/2024 7:50 am)

10/01/2024 9:27 am  #13

I can't resist. 

It's a chicken coupe

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

10/01/2024 9:27 am  #14

Good Morning to everyone!!  It's a beautiful morning outside.  The sky is blue and there are some white clouds in the distance.  No breeze outside at all.  I'm wearing a maroon velvet outfit.  It looks really nice, had been headed away on a shelf in the bathroom where I get dressed in the morning.  Dug it out and it feels good.

Frank has a Dr. appt this afternoon and the rent is due on one of our rentals.  Tracy has melanoma surgery tomorrow.   Hope that goes fine.  Rhonda is going camping this weekend, should be fun.

Well, I really don't have anything else to say this morning so will sign off and wish you all well, BJ.

10/01/2024 9:37 am  #15

Chilly with a chance of rain. Gas is $2.73 at the corner, I just filled up. I have 25,600 miles on my 2017 Tucson now. 
We made a library run, and went to Aldi’s, then got gas. Ralph gets antsy when I go below a half tank, and it was at a quarter. 

10/01/2024 11:11 am  #16

BJ, prayers for Tracy's surgery.

Nothing much going on here. I had the family over Sunday evening for dinner. Emily did most of the cooking, but I did peel the potatoes, made cornbread and got the salmon (in the cans) ready to be fixed. I really like Logan's GF. She is on a diet and she's already so skinny. I told her if she lost anymore weight, we wouldn't be able to find her, lol. 

Really sad about all the damage and lives lost. I read its up to 137 deaths now and one report said hundreds are missing in NC, while another report said thousands are missing. I don't think anyone expected it to be this bad. I asked Gary why were they closing school, we're just getting heavy rain. Now I know why. They have a very small creek on their property that seldom has much water in it, but it was like a little river when the storm came thru. 

D e v o n n e

10/02/2024 5:10 am  #17

Hi everyone.

So sorry I have been missing, first it was my tummy bug, THEN we lost our internet for a few days, someone somewhere cut through a cable, it's been a while since I was able to log on.

SANDRA thinks for keeping us going here, it is so good of you to post those jokes, I had to think about the loins NOT eating as well LOL

BJ I am so sorry Tracy has to have surgery, give her a hug form me, hope it goes well ((((hugs))))

DEVONNE sounds like a nice dinner with the family, did you make salmon cakes, I love those!! 

CHERYL sounds like things are slowing down for you, are the kids back at school, it sure does tie you down when you have them, our kids are on 2 weeks break, I was out shopping today and the number of grandparents with kids was incredible!

JANET hope Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde is OK, and you get some free time to relax before your retreat. (((hugs)))

HOLLY it has been chilly here all day AND with drizzly rain, we are wondering where spring went LOL

INDY hope you guys have a good time, enjoy the trip and stay safe (((( hugs))))

I am so sorry about the damage from the hurricane, it's been the worst one yet I think, so many lives lost.

Megan has been pretty busy helping her friend Danielle, Dan's daughter is getting married next weekend, last Saturday was the pre wedding dinner, they are Lebanese, Maronite catholics, and it's a big production, huge dinner at the brides home last Saturday, called what sounds like Lay-Lay  then lots of the wedding guests come to the house in the morning of the wedding by 11am to be there for the bride getting ready, and they have drummers - neighbours will be happy, it's on a Sunday morning, then the church at 2.30pm and finally the reception at 6.30pm, the boys will be bored silly, and they have to go to it all LOL 
To add to it all it's daylight saving start, AND the football grand final with Gary's team playing and he will miss it - they are on the family table so he can't even discretely listen with ear pods LOL 

I have offered to drive them to the events, but they will get Ubers,

Hopefully I will catch up on news the rest of this week, next week finally I see the eye surgeon, hoping he will do the cataract surgery, it's getting harder to drive at night, the 'halo' around the lights is huge now, all the colours of the rainbow, and the glare from oncoming cars is not fun. BUT i can still see perfectly to sew, so maybe he won't do it.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

10/02/2024 8:49 am  #18

ITS ANOTHER FINE DAY IN THE NORTH COUNTRY.

DO YOU LIKE RIDDLES?  HERE'S ONE FOR YOU....
Q. There is a house with four walls. All of the walls are facing south. A bear is circling the house. What color is the bear?
A. White. If all walls of the house are facing south, the house must be on the North Pole, so the bear is a polar bear.

JUST THOUGHT I'D GET MY OLD BRAIN MOVING THIS MORNING.

BJ.....PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR TRACY.  HOPE ALL GOES WELL.

CAROL......CUTE PIC OF THE CHICKEN 'COUPE'.  

TRISH......I AM STARTING ANOTHER HAMISH MACBETH, "DEATH OF A GHOST" BY MC BEATON.  I LIKE HIS STORIES.
THAT'S QUITE A WEDDING.  LOTS OF ACTION.

I WILL BE GOING TO BINGO TONITE.  ONE OF THE LADIES NEEDS QUARTERS SO I WILL HAVE MY SON REPLENISH MY SUPPLY.  I USUALLY BRING A ROLL OR TWO ALONG IN CASE SOMEONE NEEDS QUARTERS FOR THE GAME.
NOTHING ELSE IS GOING TO BE NEW.  A BIT OF CLEANING, A BIT OF COOKING.  I THINK MAYBE A LITTLE CHOCOLATE PUDDING WON'T GO AMISS.  I LOVE MY CHOCOLATE.
I DON'T PLAN TO MAKE A BIG POT OF SOUP TIL FRIDAY NITE.  THEN I CAN SHARE WITH THE FOLKS HERE AS WELL AS MY SON WHEN HE COMES THIS WEEKEND.
SINCE THE LIBRARY LADY BROUGHT ME 7 NEW LARGE-PRINT BOOKS YESTERDAY I HAVE LOTS OF READING TO DO.  I ALREADY READ JANET EVANOVICH'S "TEN BIG ONES" YESTERDAY.  THAT STEPHANIE PLUMB IS RIVETING.   I WILL ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF MY MC BEATON TODAY.
HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (10/02/2024 9:11 am)

10/02/2024 9:38 am  #19

Good Morning to everyone!!   It is very quiet outside and the sky is a very pale blue with lots of white clouds.  I love hearing what everyone is doing.  It is only 49* outside this morning.

My Tracy has Melanoma surgery today, not sure what time and I haven't heard from her, so will not call her.  Frank is still sleeping this morning.  I have no plans for the day, will likely watch a lot of TV.  Nothing else to do.  Think it rained overnight, but it's pretty dry this morning.  I really don't have anything else to talk about so will sign off.  Hope you all have a wonderful day,BJ.

10/02/2024 3:22 pm  #20

Good morning, BJ! It's always good to see you posting. Love and hugs for Tracy. 

Trish, we call them salmon patties. I guess salmon cakes are the same thing. A lot of people put green pepper and onion in them, but we don't. 

I decided to return my new recliner. I didn't know if they would take it back since I used it, but they did. The deadline for return is Saturday! Fed-X is picking it up in the morning. I like everything about it except my feet hang completely off the footrest. Gary and I went shopping together today, and I did find one I liked but due to the high price (and it not being a major brand), decided to keep looking. Friday we are going to two more furniture stores. They don't make quality furniture like they used to.

D e v o n n e

Board footera