OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/28/2024 1:11 pm  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 22 ~ SAT SEPT 28

Here's the picture of Marilynn's Mickey. She said he is about 4 years old now. He looks a lot like Molly. She texted me this morning and said she has no power and there's a tree across her driveway. One of her neighbors was able to get off the hill and into town. 

D e v o n n e

9/28/2024 1:24 pm  #62

Linda, glad you've got your power back.  Always a big relief! 

I just called Howard's sister.  They had a big storm yesterday, lost power and it was restored this morning.  I imagine we'll deal with a bunch of rain while gone.  

We may meet for lunch  with ML, Bill and Andrew tomorrow as we drive thru near them, depending on the timing.   She suggested we stop by A's apartment but there's a 4-block festival going on so there will be no close parking.  They're helping pack up his kitchen stuff.  I can't believe Howard has agreed to this delay, but he told me whatever I want.  It all depends on when we get out of here in the morning.  Blah, blah, blah...

Devonne, I'm so glad you heard from Marilynn.  IMO, she was an internet whiz so I'm sorry she no longer uses it.  And that her plans to move back aren't working out as she wished.  Being all alone is tough.  

I've felt sniffly and had those little trills of chills on and off, plus fatigue since Thurs. This is not like me and  in the night, it came to me that I should do a Covid test, just in case...and Howard had to make a trip to W-M this morning.  So he picked up a fresh test and it was negative.  I'm so thankful.  Henry and Linda both have compromised health--she with COPD and lupus and he with Crohn's.   I feel better today and a bit perkier...well, you know...

Mary Lou, I could also say,  "Well, this day  has passed and I didn't use geometry!"  I took geometry in adult night school to qualify for nursing at the local Purdue extension.  Had no one to tutor me and am a math moron.  The teacher gave me a B+ because "you tried so hard".  When I met Howard later and told him that, turns out, he had that same teacher for geo. in high school, so he got a double kick out of it.  

I'd better quit this and finish packing before the "porter", ie car loader, asks for my suitcase!
Taking my laptop but may not have time to use it.
Indy.  

Last edited by indyanny (9/28/2024 1:28 pm)

9/28/2024 1:53 pm  #63

Just came in from cleaning up the pool and area around it.  Not as bad as one would expect.  Fished out 3 “swimmers”…little frogs. All ok, but looking tired.  And one dead vole in the skimmer.

9/28/2024 8:05 pm  #64

I just had a long text chat with Ashley. She asked me to pass along “ I tried to go back to ODT but honestly it was hard for me to understand and keep up with my post Covid brain, as embarrassing as that is to admit. Feel free to tell the ladies that and I really do miss them. I’m truly not trying to blow them off.”

Board footera