OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/24/2024 11:49 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 22 ~ SAT SEPT 28

Good Noon!  No one says that!...But it's noon, here.    "Bridget", aka Howard has done most of the laundry.  Only my load remains.  I do my own as he washes and dries everything on hot/high and I don't want mine done that way.  He has gradually taken over the laundry.    We are on the downside of leaving for VA.  Have the suitcases out and are gathering stuff.  I vow I will be ready early and not rushed which causes friction and stress.  Also, not taking too much for just five days.  Not a great traveler--would rather be home. 

I'm impressed at how several of you remember just what you paid, etc. for your homes.  We had friends build ours, but Howard did the wiring and  as it was being built, he added a few things to the initial plans.  Then,  4 yrs. later, we had David add on a sun room and I can't remember the costs, nor what the interest rate was.    The house is paid for except we do have a small 2nd mtg. on it, so it isn't paid for!    We have one full bath and one 3/4 en suite (walk-in shower, no tub) downstairs and a half bath upstairs.  I didn't think we needed that, Howard did, and he was right as it's quite handy and well used.  House sits on slightly larger than one acre, 1/2 of which is wooded.  Has a 3-car garage and full basement, both of which are crammed with stuff, disgustingly!!  

Devonne, we're more than interested in your surgery.  Like you, I'm glad we can share freely with each other for support and for information.  I've learned so much here from everybody.
The horse is darling and beautiful.  Will she be Hannah's pet, used for breeding, or some other use?  Thanks for the picture.  We pass a small horse boarding farm on our way to town and we never tire of the changing array of different horses that pass through there.  And one permanent donkey. 

I need to go and look up a marinade for the pork cutlets we're going to grill for supper.  That is, if the rain stays stopped.  It's a nice, cool on and off rainy day, one I love after days and days of heat and sunshine.  Have a good afternoon and evening. 
Indy  

Last edited by indyanny (9/24/2024 11:49 am)

9/24/2024 12:21 pm  #22

A nice day, onthe cool side. Gas is down to $2.83 at the corner. We made a library run and went to Weber’s for lunch. They will probably close for the season soon and they have the best burgers! 

Tomorrow, Ralph has a foot doc appointment then we have lunch with the teachers, which we always enjoy. 

9/24/2024 3:34 pm  #23

We are under a flood watch for 3 days due to Hurricane Helene. Its 91 now, but will drop 19 degrees by Thursday, only 72 for the high. I still have my a/c going every day. Hopefully this is the last of the 90's temps.

Today I had a mammogram to see if the clip was still in place. I was in and out in 30 minutes. Got my driver's license renewed while in Carrollton. If you're over age 64, you have to take a vision test. When he took my picture, he said "you can smile if you want to." I laughed out loud.  He said a lot of people don't want to smile.  Good for the next 8 years! Also got my new tag.

Sandra, the horse is a quarter horse. She drove that far because she liked her. Nice to be young, energetic and able to do that, lol! 

Judy, I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip. Sometimes its good to get away, but always good to get back home too! I not only remember what we paid for our first house, but what our payment was...$119.19, then it went up to $123. I had a book I took to the bank and they stamped our payment in the book with the new balance. I think I still have that book. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/24/2024 3:35 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/24/2024 6:24 pm  #24

I just watched Colbert from last night. He had Canadian PM Justin Trudeau on. He was talking about issues in Canada, which are the same ones we have here. Inflation, gas prices, housing. His opponents are trying to force an election there. It’s his 3rd term as PM. He’s very soft spoken.

9/25/2024 9:35 am  #25

Good Morning, I love reading all the passages on here.  It's so interesting to read what everyone is doing, so many of you have such great lives.  No sun today, quite cloudy, but I guess I'll survive!!  It is fairly windy.

I don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well.  Have a wonderful day, everyone, BJ.

9/25/2024 9:59 am  #26

Q: Daddy, why are all those cars beeping their horns? A: Because there's a wedding going happening. Q: Don't we been the horn a warning signal, Daddy? A: Exactly, son.

WE ARE EXPECTING RAIN THE NEXT 2 DAYS.  NOT STARTED HERE YET BUT ITS GETTING DARKER OUTSIDE. 
DEVONNE.....THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME ON THE BREED OF THE FOAL.  ITS A LOVELY LITTLE THING. 
I HOPE YOU ARE DOING BETTER TODAY.  

I AM PLANNING BAKED CHICKEN AND POTATOES WITH SOME CORN ON THE COB TODAY. MY SON WAS ABLE TO GET ME SOME CORN THIS WEEK AND I HAVE TO USE IT SOON.

TONITE IS BINGO NITE.  I HOPE TO WIN A BIT INSTEAD OF LOSING.  EVEN IF ITS 50 CENTS LIKE LAST WEEK.
STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S  

Last edited by quiltbea (9/25/2024 10:10 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/25/2024 10:26 am  #27

I keep getting weather alerts on Alexa and my Iphone. We had thunder & lightning last night and a light rain.

I made a big mistake yesterday. I know our curbside service is on Tuesday, but I didn't get it out until 5 pm. He comes in the morning. What was I thinking, lol? Now I have to bring all those boxes back in the garage before the rain starts again. There are like 8 big boxes so it will be a few short trips. He doesn't come again until 10/7.

I am craving vegetables so think I'll fix a baked potato and a hamburger steak.

D e v o n n e

9/25/2024 11:01 am  #28

HI!
DEVONNE, THE NEEDLE FOR GUIDING MY BIOPSY WAS NOT FELT. HAD IT INSERTED VERY EARLY IN THE MORNONG A ND SURGERY WASN'T UNTL 1 OR 2/ PM. TAPE AND NO FOOD BOTHERED ME MORE THAN THE WIRE/NEEDLE. I COULD NOT FEEL IT. BY THE WAY, HAVE GOTTEN TRASH OUT TOO LATE ALSO.

WILL TRY TO POST MORE LATER.

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

9/25/2024 11:43 am  #29

We’re having rain off and on, a drizzle. 
we had a nice lunch with our teacher friends. 
Devonne, is the hurricane headed for you?

9/25/2024 12:00 pm  #30

We have had rain, heavy at time, everyday since Sunday.  Friday into Sat we will be getting the “outer fringe) of a hurricane. 
    We have a guy coming to look at our yard.  The guy who has been doing it this year is awful.  This new guy would have to be way more money for me not to hire him.  In that case I’ll go to the next one on the list.

9/25/2024 12:48 pm  #31

It's turned warm and sunny again, today.  Doors and windows are open.  Hard to know exactly what to pack for Virginia next week, but I expect it will be warm down there.  

I'm really going to need to start jotting things down before I post.  Am finding that when I'm all done posting and it's been sent, I surely have forgotten to comment on something I wanted to.

Like your doggie pictures, Devonne.  How sweet they are and look so good on that moody blue wall.  They are truly much of our life.  Don't want to be maudlin, but we both miss Fancy so much, still telling ourselves it was the best choice for her.  Sent you a pm.  

Andrew is in the throes of "ending one job, getting ready for another".  He's notified, Heather, his superior, then told his fellow employees, all with some angst.  He's a very gentle soul and saying goodbye can be hard for anyone.  He was told he always has a job at DOZ (his co.) if he ever needs/wants it.  He's sent some videos to ML's phone of possible apts. in Chicago.  A broker is facilitating that.  His team leader is taking his section all out to lunch, tomorrow,  in his honor, and they're having a farewell brunch for everybody, next week.  Won't make leaving any easier, though. He's only worked there a year, but also spent a semester there as an intern while at Purdue.   It's been a great job, he just wants something different and to live somewhere else.  Hope I'm not boring you all to tears...

Theresa, I don't know if you have time to read on ODT, but I'm thinking of you and this latest development.  As contrary as she can be, I am glad your Mom is somewhat established in her new digs by now, whether she'd agree with that or not.  Prayers for your MIL and all she faces and, of course, for you and Todd as you "climb another mountain".  and hugs.

Janet, hope you get a better lawn guy.  I think my "lawn guy" has quit for the season.  He usually gives up mowing before I think he should, but I keep still since I'm not doing it AND thankfully, we live on the woods and aren't annoying anyone else.   Tom,  right next door, neither, since he's creating more and more of a junk yard! 

I'd better go and keep my word about getting to it and not waiting til the last minute. 
Have a good afternoon and evening.
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (9/25/2024 12:59 pm)

9/25/2024 4:03 pm  #32

Judy, good for Andrew for leaving on good terms! And for spreading his wings! It’s hard to leave a job you like for a better/different job. LOL, when I left Cooper to be a school nurse, I went into their Pool and worked there another 15 years. 

9/25/2024 8:27 pm  #33

Raining with t-storms.  Lost wifi and Direct TV signals.
   Judy- where are you going in VA?

9/26/2024 8:57 am  #34

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope all are well.  The sun just came out; it is  lovely.  Of course, like every other morning, I have nothing to say, just feeling stupid!!!
I hope everyone is doing fine.  It is only 50* this morning, but with the sun out, it feels fine.  I'm just going to sign off, as I have no thoughts to share.  Have a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

9/26/2024 9:24 am  #35

The power blinked 3 times when I was in the shower, but stayed on. School has been canceled for tomorrow due to threat of tornadoes, high winds, flash flooding. 

Holly, yes! Tomorrow will be the worse day. Gary said Walmart was crazy, lol! Greg and Carter have a flight out of Orlando tomorrow. We are hoping it won't be canceled.

Judy, I answered your PM. Is Andrew going to stay in the same line of work, just different company? 

Linda, thank you. That's what I thought it would be like. I've had two needle biopsies since March 2023, but not a wire insertion. It supposedly feels like a sting and that's all. How are you and Darrell doing?

Looks like it's going to rain on and off all day. Off to dry my hair in case the power goes out.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/26/2024 9:33 am)

D e v o n n e

9/26/2024 10:49 am  #36

Janet, we're going to Big Stone Gap in western VA very near KY and Tenn.  It's about 550 miles from here.  Used to be a good day's trip but now we need to stop overnight.  

Devonne, Andrew will work for another accounting firm, KPMG.  I have no idea what that stands for...yet!  He did more than 600 corporate tax returns during busy season this year, one of the things that impressed the new company.  His new job and the area he'll be working in has something to do with international taxes--all Greek to me (no pun intended) and probably always will be. 

Yes, Holly, he's leaving in their good graces.  And now IS  the time for him to spread his wings.  We're all shaking in our boots over him living in Chicago with the huge crime and murder rate, but he's loved big cities since he was a kid.  (We're all 'country mice'.)

Oh, joy!  Howard was paying the bills before we leave and discovered a $500 charge on the credit card that isn't ours.  So... as always, our card was canceled only this time we won't be home to awaits the new one.  This has to be the 4th or 5th fraudulent charge in a year and the new card which, of course, means any automatic payee has to be notified.  

Had a call last night  from one of my male classmate, who lives in Cantrell, Iowa.  He's coming to the all-school alumni gathering and wanted to know if I am going.  We'll hardly be back home and I'm not, anyway.  Most of my classmates have passed and others have moved away, and I don't drive at night and Howard won't go, so...   There was 12 in my class and 40 in the whole high school.  I live right here and some come for miles so I always feel a bit like a fink not going anymore.  

Need to go and call the bank to tell THEM we're going out of town.  Think we can still use our debit cards...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (9/26/2024 11:08 am)

9/26/2024 11:23 am  #37

My wife thinks I don’t respect her privacy enough. At least, that’s what it says in her diary.

THE RAIN STARTED OFF AND ON YESTERDAY.  WILL GET MORE OF IT TODAY.  RIGHT NOW I AM WATCHING OUR CALENDAR FIREFIGHTERS FLUSHING THEIR PUMPERS AND HOSES.  TWO TOWNS, OURS AND OUR NEIGHBOR ACROSS THE BRIDGE. 

I WON, I WON.  LAST NITE I CAME HOME 7.50 RICHER AT BINGO.  I THINK ITS THE HIGHEST WINS I'VE EVEN HAD.  LOVED IT.

I TOOK OUT PIZZA DOUGH TO DEFROST SO WILL MAKE SOME PIZZA FOR SUPPER I THINK.  I HAD LEFTOVERS FOR LUNCH.   TASTED DARN GOOD, TOO.

JUDY........I HOPE ANDREW GETS SETTLED SOON AND REALLY LIKES HIS NEW JOB.  HE WAS OBVIOUSLY HIGHLY THOUGHT OF IN THIS LAST ONE.  ALWAYS A GOOD SIGN OF A GOOD WORKER. HE'S MAKING SOME BIG CHANGES.
SORRY YOUR CREDIT CARD WAS SWIPED JUST BEFORE YOUR TRIP.  WHAT A MESS.  I AM SURE IT WON'T HURT YOUR TRIP TO VA.

NOTHING ELSE HAPPENING HERE.  A SLOW DAY WITH ME NOT KNOWING IF AND WHEN WE GET A POWER OUTAGE.  IT HAPPENS SO EASILY HERE.  A BIT OF WIND CAN KNOCK US FOR A LOOP.
TAKE IT EASY FRIENDS.  ENJOY YOUR DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/26/2024 11:31 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/26/2024 2:14 pm  #38

Judy, I hate that happened to you too! Mine was only $200. They closed my card immediately. I got a new card in two days, delivered to my door by Fed-X. I feel the way you do about Chicago. I am not a big city person. I love living in a rural area. I would be happier living in a smaller rural area, but Billy wanted to be fairly close to Atlanta. Why? We never went downtown unless it was a special sporting event.

The hurricane has been upgraded to a Category 3. I hope that changes, or Greg & Carter will be stranded at the Orlando airport. 

I didn't go to Walmart after Gary told me to avoid going there. I was surprised how much water is on the roads. I went to Ingles instead and got what I needed, then to Chickfila. Our newly remodeled Chickfila has a regular drive thru and a mobile drive thru. I ordered thru the mobile app.

I have not heard from Marilynn. I got her phone number from our list and sent her a text this morning and she hasn't responded. I am worried about her. I don't think she has family in the area, but hope she has friends/church members that would check on her.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/26/2024 2:21 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/26/2024 3:18 pm  #39

You couldn’t pay me enough to work and live in Chicago.  What a h*ll hole.
   When we are away I try to only use one credit card.  That way if I have to cancel the card I still have 2 I can use.  It seems every time we go to Florida I have an issue. 
    Hurricane issues for our area for tomorrow around here.  Gas station was busy but not the grocery store.

9/27/2024 8:03 am  #40

Good Morning to you all.  I'm up really early as we are supposed to have an early check on our stove.  It has been out for a couple of days and the repairman is due here between 7 and 9.  So its nearly 7 and he's due any time.  It's 55* outside this morning so it will be nice to have it fixed.

It is totally still outside but it really will be nice to have it fixed.  It is really dark, too.  Frank is up and getting dressed, so I'll have some live company!!!  Well, I have nothing more to say, so will sign off, Love, BJ.

Board footera