OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/26/2024 11:46 pm  #1

ODT SUNDAY SEPT 22 ~ SAT SEPT 28

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/22/2024 3:34 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/22/2024 12:25 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 22 ~ SAT SEPT 28

Gosh, I better start some threads, this is the last one, plenty of time to do it another night!

I have had a very busy few days, the quilt show is on here, I went on Friday, all day there, met a few friends and bought a new book, Alices Wonderland Sampler quilt, of course it has 100 blocks with 100 fabrics, just small pieces needed fat 1/8ths or fat 16ths, I decided NOT to do all 100 fabrics and have been thinking about it all, 
today (Sunday)  the Mr went to bowls and I went back to the show again, and I have come back with at least 14 yds of fabric, lots of it is Tilda, and I got a bargain on most of them,  have spent so much time going through the book, and I  have written in it, something I never do, but it's full of patterns, so I also have some spread sheets done with layouts and now I need to make some fabric choices, i will try to stick with the suggested colours, but as there are only so many colours in the rainbow I should be fine LOL

SATURDAY was Tulip Time in Bowral about 1 1/2 hours south of us, so we had  a lovely time there, they were gorgeous, it was really cold though. And I was glad I had my thermal top under a lightish sweater, and we had out Kathmandu jackets, it was so crowded in town though that we went a little further and to another cute little town for lunch.

So I have been very busy AND productive.

SANDRA too funny, I actually have had that bare back comment from one of the boys! Kids are very literal. When W's mother died John was into the Transformer toys, they dismantled, so the heads came offf - then the toy had a kind of coffin shape. I had taken John - all of 5, into the chapel so I could explain  that Ma's body was in the coffin, and we would be praying for her, and remembering her. He wanted to know "where's her head then Nanna" - good grief, was glad the family weren't there for that one.

JANET that was great to get that work done so cheaply!!

HOLLY so good to hear your food was well received, what was the greek yoghurt dish, I love greek yoghurt!

DEVONNE that is quite a busy schedule for you, and it was a great idea to stock up so you don't need them to do so much shopping for you.
I would hate the idea of walking with the wire, I'm a whip LOL 

CHERYL a productive day for you too! I would roast some as well if you can, it doesn't take too long, and you can do a few trays at a time. Just swap them around. YUMMY!!!

INDY those visits come around quickly don't they?? I hope you don't stress about it to much, I find that mostly people don't really care too much about things, as long as they have good company and somewhere to sit (((hugs)))

The houses here are so big too, and now they have very little back yard, I hate to think of the kids not having anywhere to play, sandpits, swings etc. Our yard is fairly big, but if we ever sold I am sure someone would knock our house down and built 2 monsters in it's place, sad really

We bought our house so many years ago for $49,000, today it would sell for over $1 million, BUT we would have to spend more than that to buy again. Unless we downsized to a seniors villa or something like that, even then it would still be a million or so, crazy, how do the kids afford it.

Megan & Gary bought a smaller house out further, then did a few things to it, plus added a big garage, and then sold for a good price and bought here, it was $620,000  then for their house, now it would be $1.8 million or more (from 2010 to 2024 - what an increase YIKES ) , our wages of course are quite high, so it is all relevant, our houses are certainly no where near mansions, they are quite modest, everything in Australia is so expensive, the Mr baulked at spending $10 on a small cake yesterday, he just refused. Said it was 'highway robbery" and he would go without LOL

Hope you all have a wonderul day 

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/22/2024 12:32 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/22/2024 3:30 am  #3

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/22/2024 5:55 am  #4

Thank you, Trish!

Have a great week, everyone!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

9/22/2024 6:34 am  #5

Good morning.  I actually slept until 8 am!  I’m usually up and out of bed by 5:30 to 6!  So I’ll skip the gym today and go directly up to my studio.
   Devonne- DH has already claimed that closet, which is more like a small room.  Why do you think he moved so quickly to get it emptied.   LOL
   I’ve been waiting for over a year for him to fix my track lighting.  I’m going to look for someone to hire.

Last edited by Missmommy (9/22/2024 6:37 am)

9/22/2024 8:11 am  #6

Trish, I’ll put the Greek yogurt dish in the recipe thread. It was a weight watcher dish that I changed, I’ll put the WW ingredients In parenthesis. 
Happy Equinox day to all! We’re going to Texas Roadhouse with F and C for lunch. 

9/22/2024 9:40 am  #7

This farmers wife prayed to the Lord and asked him, "How old will I be when I die?" His reply was 96 years old. She said, "Hot diggity dog, I will have myself fixed up." She had everything lifted and tucked and was in the doctor's office, making the last payment on her reconstruction. She walked out of the doctor's office, started across the street, and was hit and killed. She gets to heaven and asks the Lord, "What happened? You told me that I would live to be 96." His reply: "We'll I just didn't recognize you!"

ITS SUNNY AND BRIGHT HERE BUT COOL.  I LIKE IT.

MY SON SHOPPED FOR ME YESTERDAY AND COULDN'T GET THE FROSTED CHEERIOS I WANTED FOR SNACKING.  THEY WERE OUT.  ITS THE ONLY THING HE WAS UNABLE TO GET.  SO HE BOUGHT ME A LARGE BAG OF M&M PEANUTS INSTEAD.  LOVE THAT GUY.  EGGS WENT UP AGAIN TO 4.59 A DOZEN.  
I SENT HIM HOME WITH BRACIOLE AND MEATBALLS SO HE WAS HAPPY.  OH YES, ALSO SOME ITALIAN SANDWICHES.

ITS MY DAY OF REST LADIES.  SO I WILL BE ENJOYING DOING NOTHING.  I HAVE THIS AND THAT TO ENJOY FROM SOLITAIRE, TO JIGSAW PUZZLE, TO CROSSWORDS, TO READING, TO WATCHING TV.  I'LL FIND SOMETHING.  OOPS, I FORGOT, I NEED TO PUT MY MEATS IN FREEZER BAGS AND IN THE FREEZER. 
WISHING YOU ALL A FINE DAY.  HUGS, QB S  

Last edited by quiltbea (9/22/2024 9:49 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/22/2024 10:48 am  #8

Good Morning to everyone!!  The kids are starting to get  up, so I'd better go visit with them.  It's a lovely day, the sun is shining and the leaves are barely moving.  Just gorgeous!!!

Just going to say Goodbye!! to everyone, BJ.

9/22/2024 2:22 pm  #9

I am intrigued by the royal family and always have been. I wonder how many pairs of earrings Kate Middleton has? Are her clothes chosen for her daily? Where are the beautiful gowns purchased? I'm sure everything she wears there would not be any duplicates around, lol! I don't know how I feel about Queen Camille. It wasn't her place to tell Kate she needs to return to her duties. 

Janet, I should have known he had a motive, lol! 

I visited Gary and Emily today. Hannah and Ben drove to Princeton, Minnesota to get her new foal. I didn't get to see them, as they came home and went straight to bed. Does the South not have horses? This one was a "special breed"....little do I know about all that, lol.

I can tell Emily is worried about me. I told her I'm going to be fine. Catch it early, treat it early and survive! That is my motive. They are going to take me for the surgery and Greg will come after he drops Carter off at school. 

Trish, about the wire, I'm sure it is taped down really good, not sticking out, lol. It's a necessary procedure to make sure the target is right on. He said it's kinda like a thin fishing line. I read the lymph node biopsy isn't done if your tumor is less than 2 mm. Mine is 5 mm; about the size of a pencil top erasure. I assume this lymph node biopsy will be nodes under my arm. They only remove a few to be tested. I am going to get clarification on this when I get my mammogram on Tuesday.

My canvas pictures are so cute of the dogs. I'll post a picture soon.

Here's a picture of Hannah's new foal. She named her Martini. She is only 6 months old. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/22/2024 2:34 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/22/2024 6:30 pm  #10

​Devonne, I’m curious, how many hours drive was it? =26pxWe’re all getting an education in breast cancer treatment, thanks for sharing.
Humidity tonight is 90%! AC is staying on! 

9/23/2024 3:33 am  #11

SANDRA sounds like your guy will eat well, I do love italian sandwiches, I had a yummy  one here on Sat, when we went to lunch, olives, salami, tomatoes, onion cheese forget that else, not like your  italian, but it was delish!! I am glad you are feeling a bit more like you and not so wobbly!

HOLLY thanks for the recipe, it's also called Ambrosia salad I believe, I was hoping you had a good yoghurt cheesecake type one LOL , I don't like jelly type things, the kids would love it, and my brothers family would too. 

DEVONNE cute foal, she doesn't look that different to me, but I doin't know horses, I wouldn't believe anything written about the royal family, unless it's an actual message from them it's all made up to sell. I very much doubt Camilla would say anything like that, I have met people who know her, and they say she is just a lovely woman - no airs and graces. there were quite a few on one of the Cunard ships we went on who worked in some capacity for the royals. She did smoke apparently,  and quite a lot. LOL Not sure she still does.

The GOOD earrings that Catherine wears are owned by the royal family, they all use them at times, we saw a small part of the collection, absolutely amazing, her dresses often come from High St Kensington - not the formal gowns, but her other clothing, she seems to wear her things quite a lot, so I like that, no one wants to see them splurging on clothing in this day and age, I have seen her in dresses, jeans shirts etc, for about what  I would pay, I think she is pretty 'ordinary'.

Nothing much happening here, I went to yoga, played with my new fabric, cut small pieces and glued them onto a sheet for reference. I will pick up maybe 3 more to add to it.

I also did the cleaning - the Mr helped. And a few loads of washing!
I have packed up after dinner, it's getting cooler now, but my allergies are playing up, SPRING, yuk - those darn flowers and all the pollen, my nose feels like I'm getting a cold, I better take another antihistamine, one a day won't cut it right now.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/23/2024 8:38 am  #12

My friend is a court reporter, and recently she heard this: ATTORNEY: How old is your son, the one living with you? WITNESS: Thirty-eight or thirty-five, I can't remember which. ATTORNEY: How long has he lived with you? WITNESS: Forty-five years.

OUR FALL IS STARTING OUT JUST FINE.  SUNNY AND COOL.  LOVING IT.

TRISH.......YOU SURE ARE BUYING A LOT OF FABRIC FOR THIS NEXT QUILT.  I ENVY YOU THE ABILITY TO KEEP ON SEWING.  ENJOY.

DEVONNE.......IS THE FOAL AN AKHAL-TEKE? THERE ARE MANY BREEDS OF HORSES.  GOING TO MINNESOTA DOESN'T MEAN ITS A MINNESOTA BREED.  IT COULD BE ANYTHING FROM A QUARTER HORSE TO A MORGAN TO A MISSOURI TROTTER OR ANYTHING IN BETWEEN.  THEY PROBABLY MEANT IT WAS JUST AN UNUSUAL BREED OF HORSE AND THAT'S WHERE THEY HAPPENED TO BE SELLING ONE.  IF THIS FOAL HAS A SHINY METALLIC SHEEN TO ITS COAT AND THE RIBS ARE PROMINENT, IT COULD BE AN AKHAL-TEKE.  WHATEVER SHE IS, SHE'S LOVELY.

SAN/DIANA.....I SEE ITS YOUR SPECIAL DAY TODAY.  ENJOY YOUR BIRTHDAY.  HUGS GIRL.

I HAVE RUN OUT OF LEFTOVERS SO THAT MEANS I NEED TO COOK AGAIN.  WHAT, I HAVE NO IDEA RIGHT NOW.  SOMETHING WILL COME TO ME.
A GAL HERE WENT TO A PARTY WHERE THEY HAD MANY LEFTOVER SWEETS SO SHE BROUGHT THEM HERE TO SHARE.  I TRIED ONE OF THE FROSTED BROWNIES.  I COULD NOT FIGURE OUT THE FROSTING.  IT LOOKED CHOCOLATE BUT IT HAD A FRUITY TASTE.  I THOUGHT MAYBE SOME KIND OF JELLY WAS IN THE FROSTING.  ANYWAY, I SCRAPED OFF MINE.  A FUNNY AFTER-TASTE.  I DIDN'T GO BACK FOR A 2ND ONE.  THERE WAS ALSO BANANA BREAD, AND PUMPKIN COOKIES.  IT WAS NICE OF HER TO THINK OF US.

TODAY'S PLANS ARE A BIT OF CLEANING, A BIT OF COOKING, AND PLENTY OF RELAXING STUFF TO ENJOY.
HAVE A GOOD DAY. HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/23/2024 9:01 am)

9/23/2024 9:33 am  #13

Good Morning to everyone!!  I'm not in great shape this morning.  Took Frank his coffee and sipping on mine.   It is very cloudy here this morning.  Looks like it could rain some more, hard to say.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

9/23/2024 12:20 pm  #14

Diana, I hope you have a happy birthday and you get something you want. 

Holly, Google Maps says it's 18 hours one way, so quite a long trip for them. 

I hope y'all don't mind me sharing my surgery here. I don't like talking to family about it because they would worry more. It's all new to me & I'm learning too!

Greg & Carter got off the cruise ship today in Port Canaveral. They are in Orlando now and will be going to Universal. Carter is on Fall break; a little early for a Fall break, but his school always does them in September. 

I painted two accent walls a really pretty smoky blue...Summer Storm by Behr. There's an L shaped area as you come in my living room that nothing really fits there. I've been wanting to paint this area since I moved in. I just love it! I started to hire a painter, but I thought surely I can paint just two walls. I knew it would make these canvas prints look so much better.

First picture shows the area where nothing fits....I have a cabinet there.

My beloved fur babies...Sandy has been gone since 9/23.

Sandra, I will ask Hannah what kind of horse she is.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/23/2024 12:29 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/23/2024 1:18 pm  #15

[b]Happy Birthday Diana!!!/b]

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

9/23/2024 3:34 pm  #16

Oh Devonne, your paint color is lovely and I love the pictures of your doggies.  It would make me smile every time I looked at it.  They are adorable.  The new horse is beautiful.

Happy birthday Diana!!  I hope all is well with you.

It is much cooler today and drizzling some rain, which we need.  

Holly, I think young people are buying those large houses, but then, they only see today's prices so they are not shocked by them as I am.  Housing is still rather inexpensive in Ohio compared to the rest of the country but it is getting high for now.  We are used to cheap.

9/23/2024 6:03 pm  #17

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DIANA!

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

9/24/2024 9:16 am  #18

ITS VERY MUCH FALL WEATHER HERE.  DAYS IN THE 60S AND NITES IN THE 40S BUT NEXT WEEK WE WILL SEE A FEW DAYS INT HE 70S AGAIN.  REALLY NICE.

9/24/2024 9:29 am  #19

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope everyone of you is feeling well.  It is very smoky up high, but the sun is shining down low, weird day!!  Very slight breeze.  Frank is still sleeping, so I'll take him his coffee later.

I still have no plans for the day, am feeling pretty stupid this morning. so likely won't get much done today.  Hope you will all have a nice day and will get something done.  I'm going to sign off now, wishing you all well, BJ.

9/24/2024 10:00 am  #20

I rang the doctor and said, “Quick! My pregnant wife’s going into labor, what should I do?” He
said, “Is this her first child?” I said, “No, this is her husband.”

SORRY LADIES, MY PUTER FROZE UP AND I HAD TO RESTART THE THING.
DEVONNE......BY ALL MEANS TELL US HOW YOU ARE HANDLING YOUR LIFE NOW AND WHAT'S HAPPENING.  YOU CAN ALWAYS SHARE WITH US.  WE ARE YOUR BUDDIES.  SOMETIMES ITS BETTER THAN TALKING WITH CLOSE FAMILY.  HUGS FOR YOU.
LOVE WHAT YOU DID WITH THE ART CORNER.  IMAGINE PAINTING IT BY YOURSELF.  I'M GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO DO IT.  LOVE THOSE PAINTINGS.

I MADE MYSELF THE SHELLS WITH MEAT SAUCE LAST NITE SO I HAVE LEFTOVERS.  I HAVE CHICKEN DEFROSTED FOR TODAY SO I THINK THERE WILL BE POTATOES AND VEGS BAKED WITH THE CHICKEN EITHER TODAY OR TOMORROW.  I AM ALWAYS THINKING ABOUT FOOD.

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY. HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/24/2024 10:01 am)

Board footera