OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/20/2024 5:35 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 15 ~ SAT SEPT 21

I made Joseph’s Trifle for Eddie’s party. It’s only the second time I’ve made it since he died 5 years ago, and it brought back so many happy memories. Yes, I cried while making it, but I’m ok.

9/21/2024 8:28 am  #42

HOLLY......A GOOD CRY IS THERAPEUTIC.  SOMETIMES ITS NEEDED. 

AND NOW FOR THE SMILE....

When my nephew, Victor, was five, I took him to a local stable for a pony ride. He was very impressed that the stable hands were riding without a saddle. I explained to him that it's called riding bareback. When I returned him to his parents, they asked him how he enjoyed his pony ride. He excitedly told them that he saw grownups riding naked!

ITS GOING TO RAIN TODAY.  FINALLY.  BUT NOT YET.  MY SON IS SHOPPING FOR ME TODAY SO THE BRACOILE AND MEATBALLS ARE MADE AND READY FOR HIM TO TAKE HOME.  HE WILL HAVE SOME FOR LUNCH FIRST.  I MADE PLENTY.

NOTHING REALLY PLANNED.  JUST MY USUAL SATURDAY.  I HAVE LEFTOVERS SO NO ADDITIONAL COOKING NEEDED TODAY.
ENJOY YOUR DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/21/2024 8:36 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/21/2024 9:13 am  #43

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is 8:10 and Tracy just got up, is outside looking for frogs and took Elly out for her walk.  I may be able to see a little bit of sun, hope so!!  It is so still outside, not a breath of air moving.  Well, I don't have a thing to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well.  Have a wonderful day, everyone, BJ.

9/21/2024 12:01 pm  #44

My 16x20 canvas prints have arrived of the dogs. I can't wait to hang them. I decided to paint two walls an accent color. I love the color..it's called Summer Storm by Behr. These dogs have been my life so they deserve a place of recognition! 

Greg and Carter are on their 3 day cruise, then to Universal Studio for another 4 days, then flying home. He has been sending me pictures.

Holly, we paid $119,500 for our first house. A total brick ranch with 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths on a nice, large level lot. Who in the world wants a 1/2 bath, but they were popular then. Our interest rate was 7.5%. My neighbor's house was identical floor plan. I had the harvest gold decor and appliances and she had avocado green, lol. We had a carport with the laundry off the carport. We had the carport enclosed and added a fireplace. Made it a lot warmer to do the laundry. 

Janet, hooray! Now you have a big closet! Are all your bedrooms upstairs?

Holly, a good cry is always good for you. It has to be so hard on everyone. Hugs! 

Sandra, enjoy your lunch with Matt and his visit!

D e v o n n e

9/21/2024 7:22 pm  #45

Good evening all.

I spent the day preparing and freezing tomatoes.   I have 10 quarts in the freezer.  I freeze rather than can because I got rid of all my canning jars.  lol!  Now I think I want to do it again.  I used to can years ago but lost interest.  Sold all the jars and rings at a yard sale.  I still have the canner pot.  One of Dean's friends has a huge farm and brought us lots of tomatoes.  I just stewed them and froze them.  I want to try a roasted tomato marinara next.  I can get tomatoes at the local farm market and may do that next week.

Devonne, I have a 1/2 bath on my main floor and love it.  I have two full baths upstairs but this way, guests do not need to go upstairs.  We also had one in our former house and used it often too.  We had a pool at that home and it was quick and easy for the kids (or adults) to use that 1/2 bath downstairs.  We only had 1 bathroom upstairs there. 

The new houses around here are huge too, Holly.  Dean and I always comment about the sizes.  Who needs 5000 feet of house?  They are building 80 new ones a couple miles from me.  An old Greenhouse was torn down and now it will be come fields of houses.   Devonne, I agree that prices are outrageous these days.  I do not know how people are doing it either as wages not NOT high in this area.   Aaron would like to move to a different neighborhood but he just cannot afford it either.  He doesn't live in a terrible area but the schools are awful so the kids come open enrollment near us so they cannot ride a school bus.  So we are the transportation daily.

We need rain desperately here; even the weeds are beginning to wilt.   Supposedly next week will be cooler with rain.

9/21/2024 7:44 pm  #46

We had a lovely day. Joseph’s Trifle was a hit, as were the hoagie tray and the Greek yogurt dish I made. Eddie was very surprised, and a lot of his friends were there. 

Do new couples even buy what we called starter homes anymore, or do they go right into these huge houses? 

Board footera