OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/18/2024 9:03 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 15 ~ SAT SEPT 21

My memory is getting so bad, I asked the pharmacist, "Do you have any Acetylsalicylic acid?""You mean aspirin?" asked the pharmacist."That's it! I can never remember that word."

WELL, TODAY WILL BE THE LAST NICE DAY BEFORE 3 DAYS OF RAIN.

DIANE......WISHING YOU A HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL.  I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.  HUGS. 

CHERYL......THAT TRIP YOU PLAN SOUNDS LOVELY.  I'VE ONLY SEEN FILM OF THOSE PLACES AND THEY LOOK SO DIVINE.  ENJOY.

HOLLY.......THAT RECIPE SOUNDS GOOD.  LIKE MOST WE CAN ALWAYS TWEAK A RECIPE ACCORDING TO OUR LIKES OR DISLIKES.  I TWEAK MINE ALL THE TIME.  ESPECIALLY WHEN CALLING FOR MUSHROOMS.  NOT FOR ME.
THAT'S GREAT ON YOUR EYE BEING FIXED SO ITS NO LONGER BLURRY.  THUMBS UP.

BJ.....I HEAR YOU ON NOT HAVING STRENGTH.  I HAVE THOSE DAYS MYSELF AND LIVE ON MY SOFA MOST OF THE DAY.  THANK GOODNESS FOR TV.

DEVONNE.....HOORAY, YOUR SURGERY ISN'T TOO FAR DISTANT.  I HOPE THEY ANSWERED ALL YOUR QUESTIONS.  

ITS BINGO NITE FOR ME. I HOPE TO WIN A BIT TONITE.
I TOOK OUT SOME TOP ROUND STEAK AND GROUND BEEF TO DEFROST.  I PLAN TO MAKE MY SON BRACIOLE ON FRIDAY, WHICH IS A ROLLED UP PIECE OF STEAK WITH BREAD STUFFING INSIDE.  I MAKE SEVERAL SMALL ROLLS.  ITS BEEN AGES SINCE I MADE IT.  ALSO SOME MEATBALLS.  TONITE FOR ME ITS A PEPPER STEAK SANDWICH SUB WITH ONIONS.  A FAVORITE FOR ME.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  NICE DAY.  I GOT SOME HOUSE CLEANING DONE YESTERDAY AND MY LAUNDRY SO ITS A SLOW ONE FOR ME TODAY.  I THINK I WILL GO DO MY LAPS AND STOP AT THE JIGSAW PUZZLE TO SEE HOW ITS GOING.
STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/18/2024 9:19 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/18/2024 9:13 am  #22

Last night was a moon trifecta…Full moon, Blue moon and lunar eclipse, BUT we had dense cloud cover and tropical rain and it was all obscured. 
   Cheryl- Lake George is in the Adirondacks, the opposite side of NY state from the FINGER lakes, which is a beautiful area too.  Wine country. 
   Waiting on guys to come and give us an estimate to remove a sauna from the downstairs.  The previous owners had it installed and then enclosed into a closet.  It won’t fit back out of the door with out demolishing it.  🤷‍♀️😵‍💫 why do people do such dumb things?  If it wasn’t for the fact that it’s a large wasted closet space that we
could use I wouldn’t bother.  If the price is ok, we’ll have him do it today.

9/18/2024 9:46 am  #23

Good Morning  to everyone.  I'm not feeling too bright this morning.  It is 8:40 right now and I'm having my first cup of coffee, tastes good!!  It's 58* outside and very still.  The sky is very blue so I'm hoping we get some sun today.  My calendar says to drop off Frank's truck today, not sure what that means, but I'm sure Rhonda and Frank know!!

I have no plans for the day, Frank is still sleeping.  I'm sure I'll spend most of it watching TV, nothing else to do!!  So I will just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

9/18/2024 9:52 am  #24

Finally caught up reading after being tied up for several days making a b.d. gift for friend, Bobbie.  She gave me a beautiful cotton/linen blazer, that became too large for her,  and I used most of it to 'upgrade'  a jean jacket (which gleaned ML's approval, so it must look okay).  There was one sleeve and the scraps left and since Bobbie told me how much she loved it, I decided to turn that into a small quilt for her.  Of course, since I'm OCD about my sewing projects, it took me about 4 days.  Since both of us have everything we need, I thought this might be a nice keepsake for her and a sample of the fabric from her much-loved jacket.  

Janet, because of endless hip pain, Howard just bought a mattress topper from MY PILLOW.  I just asked him and he says he's very satisfied with it and has not had any pain since.  It's is not a washable item.  Is made of a deluxe egg-shell-y foam, unlike the flimsy egg shell one we had in the 80's. I stretched out on it and it does feel wonderful. We have the twin, extra long side by side mattresses on our moveable frame, that can be treated separately.  So, he is 3 inches higher than I am.  He's as picky as your DH,  so if he says it's good, it must be! 

Devonne, I, too think you're making the right choice to go ahead and get this done.  The delay might  cause you more angst wondering what to do and that's hard to get off your mind.

We're heading to W-M in a bit.  As always...Howard (or I) seem to always have RXs to pick up.  I'm going to suggest he run in for them while I sit in the car and then we go to another store for the groceries we need.  I have to get ingreds. for the dessert I need to make for our next small group gathering.  Boy, does that come around quickly!  (every two weeks)   We need other things, too, that I don't usually get at W-M.
So, with that, I'll close.  Have a good day. 
Indy   

Last edited by indyanny (9/18/2024 9:59 am)

9/18/2024 11:46 am  #25

Devonne, I’m glad you have a surgery date and peace of mind about your decision. Will it be same day surgery?
Janet, how strange! You wonder what people are thinking. 
Judy, we had that issue, seemed like we were always picking up meds. Then when the union offered mail in RX’s, for a 3 month supply, we did that, now we’re always getting packages. 
we had lunch with my nurse friend at a diner (of course). I had breakfast, brought home half. Ralph had a hot turkey sandwich, brought home half.
It feels like rain, but we’ve only had sprinkles.
Sandra, I don’t do mushrooms either. I don’t think I’ve ever tasted them, they just skeeve me. 

9/18/2024 1:27 pm  #26

Sandra, thank you!
So far it's been a quiet day at home.  No special plans but we will likely go for dinner later, and meet with our son this weekend. 🥳

And, yes, we are feeling better, thank you!  I still have lower energy than I'd like, but I'm not sleeping as well as I should,  so that doesn’t help.  I'm having trouble turning off my brain with all that's happening, all that has happened in my family, etc. Perhaps it's delayed grief because I was sick and dealing with that? Anyway, it will get easier! 🙏🏻

Thank you for thinking of me!  I hope you're feeling better as well!

Devonne, I like your attitude!  "Get 'er done!"  🤗🙏🏻  I'm glad the surgery date is set, and I'll be thinking of you! 🙏🏻

Gas - our prices are crazy high! 🙄

Better run! 🏃🏼‍♀️🤸🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️‍➡️

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

9/18/2024 4:28 pm  #27

Afternoon y'all! 

Diane-Happy Birthday! 

Sorry I have not been here.  Been so busy.  Between my mom and MIL, Alex moving out, Luke in Acadia, Sara is on autopilot thankfully!  I don't know which way I need to go anymore! 

Mil has B-cell Lymphoma.  Went to the oncologist today and has a plan of action, which includes more tests, mostly for staging, since that will determine treatment.  Arm she broke will not be fixed until the chemo and radiation is complete.  She can't drive so we along with my BIL and SIL will be going there to take care of her, appointments and such.  

My mom, some days I want to divorce her!  If I could!  She can be such a drama queen!  So status normal! 

Luke is doing great in Acadia.  Has interviews for permanent positions in the Everglades and St. Augustine!  Praying he gets one of them!  

Alex is officially in his condo.  Doing good so far.  Not here every day!  Does eat leftovers now without grumbling! 

Me, I am getting the last 4 treatments for my varicose veins!  Can't wait to be done with them!  They are helping.  I have appointments, routine, I need to make but the moms take all my time!  

That's the synopsis of what is going on in my little corner of the world! 

Later my Friends! 

9/18/2024 4:48 pm  #28

Yea! The sauna is gone! And so are some other things that we should have dumped a long time ago and ….only $300!

9/19/2024 7:27 am  #29

Wow, it’s so humid! Standing still sweating, but it’s only 69 out, so don’t want to turn the AC on.
Jules school is closed due to a threat. WTF is wrong with people? Do they think they are funny? In 1998 and 99, our local high school lost the equivalent of 8 days due to b*mb threats. Then caller ID was put in, and the cretins =26pxwere caught. 
Ralph is at breakfast with the Veterans. I have banana bread in the oven. I always give half to neighbor Dave, who loves it. I put craisins in it.

9/19/2024 9:36 am  #30

Good Morning to everyone.  I am up and dressed, it is 8:30 so time to get moving on my day.  Heard Frank, so took him some coffee.  I really don't have anything to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

9/19/2024 10:03 am  #31

My husband and I spent a rare day with our youngest grandson Malakai, as they live 350 miles away. We crafted, painted, and colored. I made his initials with glitter paint, green glitter paint. He said he didn’t like green, not at all. I asked why. He said, "Well, yucky, nasty garbage is green.....and then there’s broccoli.”

IT LOOKS LIKE THE RAIN IS HOLDING OFF ANOTHER FEW DAYS.

THERESA......SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.  I'M SORRY YOU ARE NOT YET FINDING TIME TO RELAX AND JUST DO NOTHING.  YOU ARE LIKE THE ENERGIZER BUNNY.....GOING, GOING, GOING.
I'M SURPRISED LUKE WOULD TRY TO WORK IN FLORIDA.  ALL DAY OUTDOORS IN THE HEAT?  IT WOULD BE MY DOWNFALL AND I LIVED THERE FOR 3 YEARS.  OF COURSE YOU FOLKS HAVE LIVED IN THE SOUTH ALL YOUR LIVES.  I GUESS THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
SORRY ABOUT THE NEWS FOR YOUR MIL.  MORE HEARTACHES FOR YOUR FAMILY.
BUT GOOD NEWS THAT ALEX IS SETTLING DOWN.  AS FOR SARA, SHE'S A GREAT GAL WHO GIVES LITTLE TROUBLE.

HOLLY.......LIKE YOU I GET MY PILLS AUTOMATICALLY UNLESS MY DR MAKES A CHANGE, A 3-MONTH SUPPLY AT A TIME. IF THERE'S A CHANGE, OPTUM RX MAKES IT AND SENDS THE NEW RX AND STOPS THE OLD ONE.   MAKES IT SO EASY FOR ME NOT RUNNING TO PHARMACY.

JUDY......HOW NICE OF YOU TO MAKE A LITTLE QUILT FOR YOUR FRIEND FROM FABRIC SHE LOVED.  THUMBS UP FOR YOU.

I'M A BIT LOOPY THIS MORNING BUT I DID SOME LAPS AND WORKED ON THE NEW JIGSAW PUZZLE.  THEN MADE POACHED EGGS ON TOAST FOR MY BRUNCH.  I HAVE LEFTOVERS TOO SO NO WORRIES ABOUT MEALS.  I GUESS I CAN SPEND THE REST OF THE DAY READING AND WATCHING TV.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY FRIENDS.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/19/2024 10:18 am)

9/19/2024 3:03 pm  #32

Holly- you can blame it on a lot of things…poor parenting, social media, mental issues that are not identified and addressed….
    I remember bomb scares, lock down, K9’s coming into the schools looking for w****** and drugs.  My school had metal detectors at the only entrance, and we were in a rural farm area.  We were allowed to search back packs, lockers, etc without anyone’s consent….Try that nowadays and they’ll be screaming about their rights being violated.  Oh and we were able to put our hands on a kid to make them sit down or break up a fight, etc.

9/19/2024 8:42 pm  #33

Met an old friend for lunch. We both worked at Equifax back in the 70's and I rode to work with her. They left Douglasville, like we did, and moved out this way. We built our house in 1996 and they built in 1999. She is 82 and drives a huge truck, lol! She lost her DH two years ago.

Diane, thank you! I have a lot of sleepless nights...it would help if I turned the tv off, lol! 

BJ, it's wonderful you still take Frank his coffee. That's true love! 

Sandra, did you mention the wobbliness to your dr. at your last appt.? You are such a strong woman, I admire how you stay busy and keep your mind occupied. I want you to rub off on me, lol! 

Theresa, I guess the best advice I can give is one day at a time. Sorry to hear about your MIL. That's going to be a long drive for y'all to help her since she lives in Rome, but we do what must get done. Good luck to Luke. I know you would love for him to work closer to home. Maybe one day he can get on at a national park here in Georgia! 

I sent Marilynn a long message on FB on Sunday, but she hasn't replied. I hope she is doing well.

Oh, my! I haven't taken my trash can to the curb yet! I don't like going out there this late, but I must. Its almost 11 pm.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/19/2024 8:44 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/20/2024 4:55 am  #34

I was just thinking about Marilyn the other day,  hope you hear from her soon, Devonne.

9/20/2024 9:33 am  #35

Good Morning to everyone!!  The skies are just showing some blue here this morning at 8:30.  It is very still out.  My mind is not as good as it once was, but I struggle along.  I love reading this every morning, hearing what everyone is doing.  Can't believe what everyone is doing, but glad you all are keeping busy.

Guess it's time to move on, stay well, everyone,BJ.

9/20/2024 9:51 am  #36

IT LOOKS LIKE A BIT OF RAIN FOR US TODAY.  THEN BACK TO CLOUDY AND NO RAIN TIL NEXT WEEK.  IT DOESN'T MATTER TO ME.  I STAY INDOORS MOST OF THE TIME.

9/20/2024 9:52 am  #37

Gas dropped another dime, now $2.89! We went to the big grocery store, I had a list. It’s so humid that I put the AC back on.
Tomorrow is Eddie’s surprise 21st party. I’m getting a hoagie tray, and making a trifle.

9/20/2024 9:55 am  #38

As Farmer Brown approached his neighbor’s barn, he saw Farmer Jones serenading a tractor with songs and compliments.  “What are you doing?” Farmer Brown demanded. Farmer Jones replied, “My wife and I have been having marital difficulties, and the marital counselor said I needed to do something sexy to a tractor."

I SEE HOLLY WAS ABLE TO JUMP IN WHILE I LOOKED FOR A JOKE SO I WILL POST HERE.

MY COOKING PLAN FOR TODAY IS BRACIOLE AND MEATBALLS AND SPAGHETTI.  I HAVEN'T MADE THE BRACIOLE FOR AWHILE.  MY SON LOVES IT AND SO DO I SO ITS ON THE MENU SINCE THIS IS HIS SHOPPING WEEKEND.  AND LUNCH WITH MAMA WEEKEND.
RIGHT NOW I JUST STARTED A NEW BOOK, THE FALCON ALWAYS WINGS TWICE BY DONNA ANDREWS.  I LIKE HER STYLE.  AND IT DOESN'T HURT TO FEATURE HER CRAZY RELATIVES AND ANIMALS IN THE MURDER MYSTERY.  
I STARTED TO READ THE BOOKLET I GOT FROM PETA, BUT THE STORIES WERE SO SAD I COULDN'T CONTINUE. THAT'S WHY I COULDN'T BE A VETERINARIAN AS PLANNED.  MY SISTER TOLD ME I WOULD CRY WITH EVERY PATIENT AND SHE'S RIGHT. 

DEVONNE.......YES, I MENTIONED THE LIGHT HEADEDNESS AND THE BALANCE ISSUES TO MY DR SEVERAL TIMES FOR MANY MONTHS. TESTS DON'T SHOP ANY SERIOUS PROBLEMS. THEY DON'T SEEM TO WORRY ABOUT IT.  ITS PART OF MY PARTICULAR AGING PROCESS LIKE SO MANY OTHERS LIKE ME. IF I CAN MANAGE WITHOUT MEDS THAT CAN CAUSE OTHER ISSUES, ITS THE BEST WAY.  SO I DO. 

THAT'S IT FOR NOW.  THINGS TO DO.  PLACES TO GO, LIKE OUT TO SORT THE JIGSAW MORE AND LAPS IN THE HALLWAY.  
HUGS FOR ALL, QB S   

Last edited by quiltbea (9/20/2024 10:05 am)

9/20/2024 1:10 pm  #39

How wonderful about the interest rate drop! Hope it keeps coming down so my family can build a house. It's so hard for young people just starting out. How can they ever afford to buy a home? The prices are ridiculous, even for an older house.

I bought groceries this morning at Walmart. Most money I've spent in quite awhile but I wanted to get extra dog food, paper towels, TP, detergent in case I don't feel like going next month. My family would gladly go for me, but I'll make it easier on everyone. 

Holly, it is outpatient surgery. Here's my upcoming schedule. I find it odd I have to go the day before to have the dye done and to his office the day of surgery to have the wire inserted. I guess that's where the mammogram/ultrasound machine is that he needs to guide the wire. I will go straight to the hospital after the wire is put in..across the street. I haven't had any surgery since I was 36 (hysterectomy) so I'm sure things have changed drastically, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/20/2024 1:15 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/20/2024 1:36 pm  #40

Devonne, wow, more steps to it than I realized! 
As for interest rates, when we bought our first house in 1974, I don’t remember the interest rates. But he was clearing about $110 a week, and our payment was $180 including property tax. Probably $100 mortgage and $80 taxes. When we bought this house in late 1989, we paid 135k, mortgage interest was 10%. We put 40k down, mortgaged 95k. I went 15 years. Payment was about $1600, $1000 mortgage and $600 taxes. By the time rates dropped, I was only paying principal, so it didn’t pay me to refinance. If rates had been low like later, we could have afforded much more house for our money. And they want so much down! We were told then not to have a payment of more than 25% of our net salary (or maybe they said gross and I wanted to pay net, I forget). Now people are paying so much more, I don’t know how they do it! And it seems only big houses are being built, but maybe that’s just around here? 

I put the AC back on, it’s so humid.

Board footera