OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/26/2024 11:47 pm  #1

ODT SUNDAY SEPT 15 ~ SAT SEPT 21

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/15/2024 1:03 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 15 ~ SAT SEPT 21

Bumping to the top! 🥳

Marylou, what wonderful news about Lynn! ❤️🙏🏻❤️

Sandra, aren't puzzle boards wonderful!?   I like the puzzle, too!

Have a wonderful week, ladies! 🙏🏻 Autumn is in the air!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

9/15/2024 4:29 am  #3

Happy Sunday everyone! THANK YOU DIANE for locking and bumping, hope you are feeling better.

SANDRA I love the puzzle board with the drawers, just not quite big enough for my puzzles unfortunately. wish they made them bigger, but I will stick with the dining table for now, not yet though, I have a lot of cutting to do over the next few weeks, I found a couple patterns I would like to do, one using stash LOL So it will help clear out some fabric. Loving the jokes still, when I cooked the chicken legs last night I was reminded about the guy asking the checkout girl if the legs he was buying  were front or back ones, LOL 

DEVONNE lovely to have the boys taking care of you, I am glad they are seeing more of you (((hugs)))

JANET good to hear you got home safe and sound. We do our return trip in one day, we are tired at the end, but it's a quick drive with us sharing.

HOLLY the eternal question, 'What's for dinner' I am so sick of choosing, maybe tomorrow I'll do a roast. tonight was leftovers of last night, I cooked boneless chicken leg pieces with a marinade of garlic, soy sauce and honey, I thawed too much, so it did tonight with different veg.

INDY so nice you  had a quick visit with Andrew, I guess ML & B miss him. We had our voting yesterday, it was so quick, no one in front of me - after training so I was in my leggings and lugging my mat and looked a bit sweaty LOL.

I had sewing today, made a whole 1 Dear Jane block, but prepped a couple more, I haven't done anything on the poor thing for months and months, hard to get back into it after such a long time - I also couldn't find my master sheet of   fabrics, I knew I had it somewhere, found it tonight, I had searched all my pattern books for Jane but hadn't picked that particular one, so it was under my nose the whole time, thought I had searched all 6 folders, I have 2 for the 6" Jane, and 4 for the 4 1/2" blocks, I have so many of them because all the fabrics are in the plastic sleeves, it will come down to 2 as well when I finish.

I got some fabric for the new project yesterday, and decided on the ones for the other project. When I was searching for my Jane things  I found little stashes of fabric  I had started sorting, possibly when I had covid, so was also able to sort them and put them into piles for different uses. 

It was very very cold today, with freezing winds, it was  such a different temp from last week, with the more summer like ones. This was straight back to mid-winter LOL At least I had a chance to wear my sweater again before I wash it and put away for next winter.

Time for me to be  heading off to bed I had to get up early this morning ( after a long time awake in the early hours)  to bake bread, and also a last look for my Jane things. So an early  night will be welcome. My electric blanket is already on warming up the bed.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/15/2024 5:22 am  #4

Trish- DH does All the driving and I do all the sleeping. 😴  you might say I’m the Designated Sleeper. 😂
   Well, now that I’m home, I can try to get back to my plan of finishing one quilt/wool appliqué a month.  I was on track.  But first I have to do all the laundry…you can’t imagine that two people could generate so much laundry in just under two weeks.  And of course all the regular cleaning, cooking, errands, etc.  I often wonder if vacations are worth all the hassle?  And $$?
    I think I’d like to get a mattress topper of some time. Two of the hotels had them and I found them comfy.  Our mattress is hard.  Any suggestions?

Last edited by Missmommy (9/15/2024 8:40 am)

9/15/2024 8:50 am  #5

A police officer in a small town stopped a driver speeding down the main street. The driver said he could explain why he was speeding, but the police officer said he was going to put him in jail until the Chief got back, but lucky for the driver that the chief will be in a good mood because he is at his daughter's wedding. The driver said, "Don't count on it. I'm the groom."

ITS MY DAY OF REST, BEING SUNDAY.  I LOVE IT.  AND JUST A PERFECT DAY OUTDOORS.

DIANE.......I HOPE YOUR DAYS ARE IMPROVING.  HUGS FOR YOU.

TRISH.....MY PUZZLE IS 18 BY 24 BUT THE BOARD IS 26 BY 35 SO ITS LARGE ENOUGH FOR HUGE PUZZLES.  I THINK THERE IS EVEN A LARGER BOARD AVAILABLE. 
FUNNY HOW WE CAN SEARCH AND SEARCH AND FIND THE ITEM IN THE END, MAYBE RIGHT WHERE WE SEARCHED BEFORE.  HATE THAT. 

DEVONNE.......I HOPE YOUR DAY GOES WELL AND THE DOGS ARE FINE.  ENJOY YOUR FAMILY WHEN YOU CAN.

LINDA......WISHING YOU A BETTER DAY, YOU AND YOUR DARRELL.  ITS NICE YOU HAVE A SON WHO IS SO HELPFUL AS WELL AS FAMILY CLOSE BY.  

I GOT THE BOOK WE BOUGHT A ZOO BY BENJAMIN MEE.  ITS A TRUE STORY BUT THE BOOK SURE DIFFERS FROM THE MOVIE I SAW WITH MATT DAMON.  INTERESTING THOUGH.  ITS FROM A FAMILY ZOO IN ENGLAND.

I SHALL BE READING AND WATCHING SOME TV.  THERE ARE THE IRISH RACES ON TODAY.  I LOVE SEEING LOVELY HORSES AND WATCHING RACES THOUGH I'M NOT A GAMBLER.  I JUST LOVE THE BEAUTY OF THE BEASTS.

LUCKILY THE PUBLIC TV STATIONS HAVE FINISHED THEIR FUNDRAISING AND REGULAR PROGRAMMING IS ON AT LAST.  THERE ARE A FEW NEW SERIES STARTING WHICH I WILL CHECK IN ON.  SOME ARE MYSTERIES, MY FAVORITES IF THEY ARE NOT TOO AWFUL.
THERE WAS A TIME THERE WAS ONLY 1 PBS STATION IN MAINE AND ONE IN NH TO WATCH BUT NOW THERE ARE 2 FOR EACH STATE AND A 3RD ONE SPECIFICALLY FOR CHILDREN VIEWING.  I AM A HUGE FAN OF PBS.

THAT'S IT FOR TODAY.  BE SAFE.  ENJOY YOUR DAY. HUGS QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (9/15/2024 9:05 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/15/2024 1:15 pm  #6

Janet, I paid attention when we passed 3 gas stations, hi test was 3.50 ish at all. 

Trish, Facebook had a post about it being spider web season in Australia, is it anywhere near you?

Mary Lou, after my second ablation I couldn’t keep my heart rate under 90. I’ve been on metoprolol 25 mugs at night for it ever since. Just something to be aware of. 

9/15/2024 1:16 pm  #7

oOf course that’s mgs, not mugs.

9/15/2024 4:36 pm  #8

Hope everyone has had a wonderful relaxing Sunday. 

I will start the Fosamax in the morning so I will remember that's how I start my week out! I have decided not to get a 2nd opinion before my surgery. If it were more advanced, I definitely would and I do trust this doctor.

Janet, without my 3" mattress topper, I would not be using this expensive mattress. I got the topper from Amazon. It says "____ luxury" on it. It has blue piping around the sides. It does take a while to dry when I wash it, but it does fit in the washer. I stuffed in in the dryer last week and it worked. I will never buy another memory foam mattress, but that's another topic! 

D e v o n n e

9/16/2024 7:54 am  #9

A guy was in a bar drinking beer. He would finish his beer, pull out his wallet and look at a picture of his wife, order another beer take out his wallet and looks at a picture of his wife. He did this several times, finally, the bartender asks, why after you finish a beer you take out your wallet and look at a picture of your wife. The guy says as soon as she starts looking better to me, I go home.

YEARS AGO I NEEDED A MATTRESS TOPPER AND TRIED THE EGGSHELLS.  I BOUGHT 2 OF THEM FOR A PULL-OUT SOFA,  THEY DIDN'T HELP A LOT.  THAT SOFA WAS DARN HARD.  IT SEEMS DEVONNE HAS A GOOD ANSWER FOR YOU JANET.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE BOOK WE BOUGHT A ZOO TO ANYONE IF THEY EXPECT IT TO BE ANYTHING LIKE THE MOVIE.  ITS VERY SAD ESPECIALLY THRU HIS WIFE'S LIFE-FIGHTING ILLNESS.  ALSO HE'S VERY TECHNICALLY DESCRIPTIVE THROUGHOUT WHICH IS OFF-PUTTING TO ME.  I SKIPPED MANY PARAGRAPHS.  I WILL FINISH ONLY TO SEE IF IT IMPROVES BY THE END.  I WILL ADMIT I LEARNED A LOT I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES ZOO-KEEPING. THAT'S A NICE PLUS.

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE FOLKS.  LOVE IT.  NO RAIN IN SIGHT FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS AND TEMPS ARE NICE, FROM 70S DAYS TO 40S NITES, THOUGH RIGHT NOW WE ARE HITTING THE LOW 80S FOR 3 DAYS.

I NEVER MADE THE BURRITO MIX I PLANNED LAST NITE.  I DOZED OFF BEFORE SUPPER AND WHEN I WOKE I WAS TOO LAZY TO COOK ANYTHING.  BUT ALL IN ALL I ENJOYED MY DAY OF LAZING AROUND, READING, PLAYING SOLITAIRE, WATCHING TV AND GENERALLY ENJOYING MYELF.

WISHING YOU A GOOD DAY FRIEND.  HUG, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/16/2024 8:05 am)

9/16/2024 8:32 am  #10

I was up watching the news til midnight, so I slept til almost 9. It’s feeling kind of like rain today. 
I saw a recipe on my Facebook memories. Put uncooked grande biscuits in a 9x13 pan and squish down. Put uncooked hash brown patties over. Put cooked breakfast sausage over. Pour beaten eggs over. Top with shredded cheese, he used a combo of mozzarella and Mexican blend. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes. Looks really good.

9/16/2024 9:17 am  #11

Good Morning to everyone!  It is very hazy out this morning, looks like the sun is trying to poke through.  I have no plans for the day.  Rhonda will be here very soon to take Frank to the Dr.  He has a Dermatology appt. this morning.  So wonderful to have daughters that help out in times like this.

Well, the sun is finally poking through.  Should be a beautiful day.  Just took another bite of my breakfast ball, they are so good!  It is 47* degrees outside right now, hope it warms up a bit!!  Well, I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

9/16/2024 1:17 pm  #12

I went to Ross for Less, T J Maxx, Goodwill and Hobby Lobby this morning.  Never bought one single thing, but I did walk a lot, lol! My last stop was at Salvation Army. Donation area barricaded so I went inside. Not enough help, come back in the morning? It's a 20 minute drive, so my donation went to the local Goodwill. 

Holly, sounds good but I would leave out the hash browns and use bacon instead of sausage, lol. 

I'm waiting on a call from the nurse to schedule my surgery. Time to get it behind me!

Last edited by DownSouth (9/16/2024 1:21 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/16/2024 2:18 pm  #13

Eyeball is lasered! Took 30 seconds for the laser, got dilation and numbing drops before it. I have drops to use 4 times a day for 5 days. 
Devonne, recipes are just a template for guidance!
It drizzled a bit while I was in the eye doc. 

9/17/2024 12:47 am  #14

I hope you are all doing well!! It's a beautiful day here, sun shining, and warm, but not too warm

I had my haircut and foils after training, so I feel better today LOL

I have been meaning to ask, do you ever have the choice of an injection every 6 months for osteoporosis, I only have that, and my Dr told me he has had various studies about the medication, not sure what ours is, and the injections work better, he had a patient who only wanted tablets, and her bone density became much worse 2 yrs after just taking the meds, but all of us who do the injection our bone density increased, we can only have the test every 2 years, so I'm glad I had the injection option. 

DEVONNE I agree the test is so quick, just lay down for a few minutes. I love watching the machine do its thing.  I'm glad you have made your decision, you can trust your instincts, better get it done and dusted LOL  I would suggest asking before hand about what garments to wear, and if there is anything you need to get, bras etc in cotton, or stretchy. Or maybe those camisole tops with a bra 'shelf' built in. I'm not sure what kind of incision they will make, they may have some advice for you.

SANDRA I think I remember hearing about that movie, I don't think I will read it, I am glad for your review. We had beef stroganoff last night. Tonight it's corned beef, with cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, corn beans and mash for the guys. I steam the cauliflower and then grate a little Red Leicester cheese on the top and microwave to melt the cheese. Instead of making a cheese sauce. 

HOLLY hope the drops go well, and you are comfortable. Was it for cataracts? 

Nothing much happening, I did yoga yesterday, and we had to set our intention, the new instructor is lovely, she stresses about the intention all the time, and I have found it made me very peaceful at the end of class, which is what I asked for. Next week I might ask for motivation cleaning my dining table and sideboard LOL

The Mr is home early today, he doesn't usually get home till almost dinner, so now he's bored. He's going to lunch tomorrow, so I will have some quiet time for me to get motivated on my chores, cleaning was done yesterday. I really want to go through my shoe cupboard, i have so many shoes I could clear out. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/17/2024 12:50 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/17/2024 12:59 am  #15

JANET I am not sure about mattress toppers, but I dislike the foam mattress, we have a half'n'half one side is medium and the other is firm, the Mr says he likes it not too hard, but then loves it when we get a firm mattress in a hotel, go figure, I will decide the next one, the half one is too hard to turn, it can only be turned end to end, not over properly.

We actually need to be shopping NOW for one, this one is getting awful - they say you should have a new mattress every 10 years at least. Ours is at least 12 yrs old, so it's past it's 'use by' date.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/17/2024 12:59 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/17/2024 9:38 am  #16

The old man was sitting on the examining table in the doctor’s office having his hearing checked. The doctor poked his light scope in the old man’s ear and said, “Hey, you have a suppository in your ear!”“Rats,” said the old man. “Now I know where my hearing aid went.”

I'M FEELING PRETTY GOOD TODAY SO BACK TO HOUSE CLEANING AND LAUNDRY TODAY.  I ALSO AM OUT OF LEFTOVERS SO THAT MEANS COOKING.  I GUESS THE BURRITO MIX IS ON FOR TODAY.  AND MAYBE A PEPPER STEAK SANDWICH.  I'LL PLAN ON SOMETHING. 
ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE BUT RAIN IS EXPECTED IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.  I THINK I WILL WELCOME IT FOR THE SAKE OF OUR WOODS.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  A RATHER DULL DAY HERE.  HUGS FOR ALL. QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/17/2024 9:45 am)

9/17/2024 9:47 am  #17

Good Morning to everyone!!  I have no plans for the day, I don't seem to have much strength, having to be very careful, walking around.  Lord, I hate this getting old!!!  But, I guess it's better than passing on!  
Who knows!!

I'm going to sign off as I can't think of anything to write.   Have a wonderful day, everyone!!  Sending love and best wishes, BJ.

9/17/2024 1:27 pm  #18

Good afternoon all.

Gasoline is way down here; not sure the reason, but I will take advantage of it.  It was $2.72 at the local Marathon for regular gas.

It is another hot one today but now it is cloudy.  Darn it.  It is supposed to be a Blue moon tonight and I want to see it.  I am sort of down in a valley and surrounded by trees so it is hard to see the full moon sometime.  Too many trees.  Dean and I will drive out a bit and try to see.  Hopefully the clouds will clear some.  We have had lovely cloudless days all last week and now this.

Devonne, sending prayers and well wishes for you procedure.  My doc wants me to take a med for bone building.  My last bone scan showed osteoporosis in my left hip area.  I had osteopenia for 20 years but now it has progressed.  I passed on taking a new med but she said we would discuss it in October.  I take 1200 mg of calcium citrate with D daily.  Still not convinced that I should take it.

Gabriel has a girlfriend and they are going to the Homecoming Dance next month.  It is so strange to see him so grown up.  

Janet your photos were lovely.  I have never been to New York and would love to see the finger lakes area.

I think Dean and I will be going on a car trip to see the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway next month.  I love that part of the country and we have not been an a vacation for a long time.  Being responsible for taking and picking up kids from school pretty much limits our time off.

I made garlic/parmesan and some BBQ chicken tenders yesterday and we will have them again with some even roasted carrots and potatoes for supper tonight.  

Holly, I finished the book Long Time Gone.  I liked it.  The topic of forensic genealogy is fascinating and kind of scary.  I thought the story was interesting if just a little too detailed in some areas for me.   I just reserved another book by him/her? (Charlie Donlea) called The Girl Who Was Taken.  I say him/her because my half sister is named Charlotte but goes by Charlie all her life.

Nothing else here.  Have a great day.

9/17/2024 5:59 pm  #19

Cheryl, I’ve read a bunch of his (I think it’s a man) books. Those Empty Eyes stands out in my memory, big twist. I have one on request. Summit Lake was good, too. 
Trish, I had a gunk buildup on my implanted lens that was giving me blurry vision. It’s common. 
This morning there were hundreds of blackbirds in our yard! I googled, they migrate. They were in the trees, the roof, and on the ground, chirping and eating seeds. I wanted to look for Alfred Hitchcock! 
Tomorrow is lunch with the nurses, which is down to one nurse and us. 
Manda works for Boeing, and was notified that she’ll be furloughed one week out of 4 for at least 8 weeks. 

9/18/2024 8:37 am  #20

Thanks, Cheryl. I hope you & Dean get to take that trip. I love that area too!

My surgery is scheduled for October 17th. As they say in the South, "get 'er done!" I am learning new things every day and there is always a question.

I was the designated driver yesterday for Greg's colonoscopy. We went to Whataburger for lunch. I haven't been to one in many years. Reminds me of Sonic, but Sonic is better. We both thought the burgers were dry.

I will be cleaning house today and doing laundry. I'm meeting an old friend for lunch tomorrow. 

D e v o n n e

Board footera