OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/10/2024 9:54 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 8 ~ SAT SEPT 14

The new busboy was 
just 16, and because 
it was his first job, we were all impressed 
with how well he had done on his first day. Which is why we were surprised the next day when he didn’t show up for his shift. Then, an hour late, he came running in, red-faced and breathless. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” he said. 
“I forgot I had a job.”

I GUESS I TOOK TOO LONG BETWEEN POSTS.  DEAR BJ POSTED BEFORE I COULD CONTINUE. 

ANYWAY, TO CONTINUE....
DEVONNE......IF THE DR IS WELL KNOWN AND BEEN AROUND AWHILE, BUT NOT TOO TOO TOO LONG, I WOULD TRUST HIM.  HE SHOULD KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING. 
THAT WAS SOME PARTY FOR CARTER.  LOOKS LIKE THEY ALL HAD FUN.

HOLLY......I LIKE YOUR BREAKFAST.  LOVE HASH BROWNS ANYWAY AND WITH EGGS ON TOP.....YIPPEE. A GOOD ONE.
GOOD FOR EDDIE.

CHERYL......GOOD NEWS ON SELLING UP THE HOUSE AND CONTENTS.  IF YOU LIST AT A GOOD PRICE, IT WILL BE SWOOPED UP IN A MINUTE.  THERE ARE TIMES WHEN ITS BEST TO BE WITH FAMILY.

JUDY......I USE TACO SEAONING IN MY BURRITOS SINCE I CANNOT FIND BURRITO SEASOING ANY LONGER.  WORKS PERFECTLY. BUT I BUY IT PACKAGED.

CAROL.....HAVE YOU BEEN HIT WITH THE WEATHER OF LATE.  IT LOOKS LIKE THE STORM WAS GRAZING YOUR COAST.

TRISH.....HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE DOC MARTIN EPISODE WHERE THEY ACTUALLY GET MARRIED AND GO ON A HONEYMOON PLANNED BY IAN MCNIECE?  I HAVE SEEN THIS SERIES OVER AND OVER AGAIN BUT NEVER THAT PARTICULAR EPISODE EVER AGAIN.  ITS RUNNING AGAIN ON OUR OVATION CHANNEL SO I WILL LOOK FOR IT.  

I BROUGHT MY PUZZLE BOARD TO THE COMMUNITY ROOM TO USE.  I FOUND THAT THE JIGSAW PIECES BEING ON THE TABLE WERE HARD TO KEEP TRACK.  THIS BOARD HAS DRAWERS SO THE PIECES NOT YET USED CAN BE SET ASIDE TILL  NEEDED.  AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO USE THE SMALLER TABLE FOR CHECKERS OR DOMINOES THE BOARD CAN BE LIFTED TO ANOTHER TABLE INTACT.  I PUT NAME LABELS ON IT IN 3 PLACES SO THEY KNOW ITS MINE AND NOT THE BUILDING'S.

I CHECKED WITH MGMT YESTERDAY AND GOT WORD TODAY THAT WE WILL HAVE A FLU SHOT CLINIC HERE ON OCT 29TH.  I WILL SPREAD THE WORD.  THAT WAY THEY DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE PLANS FOR DR APPTS ELSEWHERE.  ITS TOUGH MAKING OUTSIDE PLANS FOR SOME OF US.  ANYWAY IT IS FOR ME.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  I MADE PIZZA LAST NITE AND DID NOT SHARE SO I HAVE ENOUGH FOR LEFTOVERS FOR MYSELF.  I STILL PLAN TO MAKE SOME MASHED TATERS TODAY.  THEN A NEW HAMBURG PASTA CASSEROLE IS ON MY LIST TO TRY.  LIKE GOULASH.
BE SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/10/2024 10:11 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/10/2024 11:55 am  #22

I am going shopping today, but waiting until later to maybe meet Greg for dinner. I'm still in my nightgown, lol! Today is Carter's actual birthday....9/10/11. Easy one to remember! His Mom has C on Mondays & Tuesday, so he may go out to eat with them. 

Next week is going to be a busy week. 9/17 I'll be going with Greg to his colonoscopy, 9/18 I made an appt. with Emory to get a second opinion and on 9/19 I'm meeting an old co-worker from the 70's for lunch. I used to ride with her to Equifax downtown back in the 70's. She and her hubby moved out our way. She is a widow now too.

Emily is going with me to Emory. She knows I don't like to drive downtown. I will be meeting with a medical oncologist,  a surgical oncologist and a radiation oncologist, all at the same time. It's a 4 hour appt.! I'm glad I'm getting a second opinion, mostly because I had to choose A or B, mastectomy or lumpectomy. I want to get their advice. If they have the same opinion as my doctor, I will let him do the surgery. If not, I have a big decision to make.

There's a new Covid shot out and I was going to get that before the flu shot, but now I'll put them on hold. 

Tonight is the presidential debate between him and her. That's all I will say.

Last edited by DownSouth (9/10/2024 12:13 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/10/2024 3:34 pm  #23

Devonne, they should give you all the facts and stats to help you make a decision. 

I’m ready for the debate! It’s being held in Philly, in the historic section downtown. To get from South Jersey to Philly, you have to cross the Delaware. There are 4 bridges. The Whitman goes into south Philly, the Ross is more north, and the Tacony is really north. The Franklin goes from Camden into near the historic section, and is closest to downtown. The secret service all day has been letting cars cross into Philly, but closed the lanes coming back to Jersey. A total headache for commuters, who now have to go to the other side of the city to get home. It’s going to make for insane traffic, and it was done much earlier in the day than expected. 

Another beautiful late summer day here!

9/10/2024 3:56 pm  #24

Devonne, when Lynn was first diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer last year, she also met with several doctors before making the decision about surgery. I think every one of them told her the same thing - the long term results are about the same with either lumpectomy or mastectomy.   She chose lumpectomy. But, with the advanced stage, she also had chemo and radiation.

9/10/2024 9:32 pm  #25

Devonne, I'm so sorry about the diagnosis!  I'm   also impressed with your upbeat attitude!  You are in my prayers! 🙏🏻

Marylou, how is Lynn feeling?  How are you? 🤗🙏🏻

Indy, I'm so sorry about Fancy!

DH & I are improving, albeit slowly.  Mostly, we are tired and feel like we could sleep many more hours each night, but we'll get there, 👍🏻💪🏻 and as I mentioned, we haven't missed either memorial services because of it. -- Thank you for the prayers!!

I'm off to get busy again so I won't fall asleep until actual bedtime! 🤪 I had planned on reading and catching up here, but I'm too sleepy!  I better run! 🏃🏼‍♀️🤸🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️‍➡️

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

9/10/2024 9:34 pm  #26

Mary Lou, that’s interesting about the long term results of lumpectomy and mastectomy. I was not aware of that. I don’t pay a lot of attention to studies since I retired.

9/10/2024 10:26 pm  #27

Marylou, how is Lynn doing now? Did she have any side effects from the radiation? My doctor told me you can get what feels like a sunburn. You can PM me if you like.

Thanks, everyone. There is no other attitude to have but a positive one. If I sat around and thought about it all the time, I would be a real moody depressed person. A diagnosis "is what it is" and you can't change it. You have to face it with strength and faith. I'm certainly not looking forward to surgery, but I will get thru it with the grace of God. 

My doctor said the lumpectomy takes about an hour, then recovery room of course. The mastectomy takes about 2 1/2 hours and a hospital stay overnight. He explained reconstructive surgery if you do the mastectomy; they are required by law to explain it. I was surprised when he said there is a 3% chance cancer can come back after a mastectomy. He told me so many different things it was hard to comprehend it all. 

I have a bone density test in the morning and I'll be able to stay home the rest of the week...thank goodness it's an easy test and only 2 miles from my house.

I met Greg, Carter and his ex for dinner, then I went shopping at 7:30. I am finding it's getting harder to find things I like in clothes and home decor. I don't enjoy shopping the stores as much as I used to. I rather shop online. Is it just me getting older, lol? 

D e v o n n e

9/10/2024 11:35 pm  #28

Dianne, thanks for asking about Lynn. She is doing well. All major treatment is over but she is still on  some oral chemo, I think for another two months. The scans she had in July showed no signs of cancer so we are thrilled about that.

My weekend was great!  I left Friday to drive to David’s. I get rather stressed driving through Memphis but it is worth it to see all of his family. Jessica and her family came over for pizza that evening and stayed the night, even though they only live 30 minutes away. With a two-year-old, that was easier than leaving in time to get her to bed, then get up the next morning and get everyone ready to come back for more visiting.  I had several activities slightly related to math planned to do with the older three girls. One was to prepare lunch together. We fixed sandwiches and talked about the shape of them and that half of one kind of sandwich and one-fourth of two other kinds makes a whole.  We also did some pretend shopping with play money.  They had to find their total cost, count out the money, and figure out the amount of any needed change. Livi (9) and Nora (8) really surprised me with how well they did. Tilly (almost 5) of course needed lots of help. Winnie wasn’t completely left out of the math lessons. The birthday gift I took her offered us a chance to do some counting and identify simple shapes.

On Sunday David grilled steaks and fixed smashed potatoes. Melanie fixed a salad and had a pumpkin roll for dessert. Zach and his wife came for a while.

I came home Monday and have a full week planned.  I will go to exercise class 3 times.  A friend and I are going shopping and out for lunch tomorrow.  I have a massage scheduled on Friday. And between all of that, I will be working on a couple of tops for Quilts of Valor.

My cardiac ablation will be next Tuesday. Lynn will be here all week. It is nice that she could schedule a visit at a time that I will need some help and that she can stay long enough that we will also be able to do some fun things.

Last edited by Pvillelou (9/10/2024 11:43 pm)

9/11/2024 9:12 am  #29

Mary Lou, I’ve had 2 ablations, one for afib and one for flutter. The worst part was laying still with my leg straight for 3 hours. During #2, he implanted a device under my skin that monitors my heart and can be accessed remotely by the doc. 

9/11/2024 9:36 am  #30

Apartment life often means little privacy. 
I realized that one day when my kitten was running around my bedroom, climbing onto shelves and into the dresser as I was getting ready for work. I finally exploded 
at the kitten: “You’d 
better sit down; you’re getting on my nerves!” A second later, a voice from upstairs 
responded, “OK!”

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE BUT STARTED OFF COOLER, ONLY IN THE HIGH 40S.  RIGHT NOW ITS 70 AND SUNNY.

I AM STILL HAVING PIZZA FOR LEFTOVERS.  I HAD SOME GROUND BEEF DEFROSTED FOR A CASSY BUT KEPT PUTTING IT OFF AND IT NEEDED COOKING SO I JUST BROWNED THAT AND WILL SAVE IT FOR TOMORROW WHEN I PLAN THAT CASSEROLE.  ITS SORT OF A GOULASH CASSEROLE. NEW TO ME.

BINGO TONITE SO I HOPE TO WIN A FEW GAMES
ALSO I SEWED.  YES LADIES, I SEWED YESTERDAY.  I GOT A BABY BLUE DRAGON AND HIS BUNNY FRIEND TACKED TO THE BACKGROUND FABRIC.  I THINK A COUPLE OF BUTTERFLIES WILL LOOK NICE FLITTERING ABOVE THEM. ITS BABY STEPS GETTING BACK BUT AT LEAST I'M DOING IT AT LAST.  IT FELT GOOD AND I DID NOT OVERDO IT.  I KEPT THE SEWING TIME DECENT.

THAT'S IT FRIENDS.  STAY SAFE.  ENJOY YOUR END OF SUMMER DAYS AND EARLY FALL DAYS.  I LOVE FALL AND THE TEMPS THAT COME WITH IT.

DEVONNE......POSITIVE THOUGHTS ARE ALWAYS BETTER THAN THE OTHER KIND. I AM SENDING MY OWN ALONG TO YOU EVERY DAY AS YOU GO THRU THIS TIME.

HEY THERESA, WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?  I MISS YOU. 

HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/11/2024 9:43 am)

9/11/2024 9:47 am  #31

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you are all feeling well.  My nose seems to be running today, not happy about that!  Looks like it rained overnight, but not right now.  It is 58* and cloudy  so not a great day.  It is totally still outside currently.  I'll be lazing around and not doing anything today, surprise!!!

Hope you all are having a wonderful day.  Stay well and enjoy it!!  BJ.

9/11/2024 1:33 pm  #32

The bone density test I had this morning was not like the one I had 5 yrs. ago, where they just scanned my hand. This one I had to lay on a table and they test the spine and hips. It was over in 10 minutes.

My sister got switched to a different nursing home yesterday where she will have more care for her dementia. They don't have phones in the rooms, so I won't get to talk to her much. I have to call the nurses' station and request to talk to her. It won't be 2 hour calls like she enjoys, lol. 

I stayed up very late and went through photos. I want to do 16x20 canvas prints of each of the dogs in black and white. It took awhile to find prints I liked that would fit a 16x20 canvas. I will order them later today.

Sandra, I miss Theresa too. She has a lot going on in her life. Some big decisons for her and Todd's future coming up. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/11/2024 1:38 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/11/2024 2:47 pm  #33

Devonne, Lynn says she is feeling back to normal except for being tired the week she takes oral chemo. She did have some problems with her skin near the end of the series of radiation. Her doctor recommended using aloe gel and that helped. The tenderness went away pretty quickly after finishing treatment.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/11/2024 8:19 pm)

9/11/2024 6:42 pm  #34

Holly- you’re fortunate that the ablations worked. You may remember my DH had at least 3 cardio conversions, an ablation attempt and an experimental drug (at the time) with no change. He is never out of a fib.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/11/2024 8:19 pm)

9/11/2024 7:11 pm  #35

Janet, when I had my first episodes of afib, they had just started doing ablations for it. My cardiologist didn’t want me to have it when it was so new, and I was on meds for a while. Fast forward, and he was comfortable having me have it done. Like you said, I was lucky and it worked. Years later, I had an episode of flutter, and by then it was much more common, and a doc in their group was doing it. I still see that doc, my original doc retired. I can’t imagine being in it all the time. My mom, who developed afib after I did, was not a candidate for ablation, her heart wall were to thickened. She wasn’t in it constantly, but would have days where she was in it all day, and felt lousy. I do admire your DH for keeping up with activities while in it. 
Summer is sort of back, it’s been in the 80’s during the day.

9/11/2024 8:37 pm  #36

DEVONNE I am so glad you had the mammogram, and you have a diagnosis very early, all good news, the treatment will be your choice - with your doctor - and I know you will decide the best option for you, lots to think about, next time you go ask if you can record the answers to your questions, write down your questions and then you can replay. I used to do that for Dianne when we had questions about her treatment, we would often forget something, although the Drs would always be happy to take a phone call and explain anything ((((hugs))))  We used to have an ad campaign here - Cancer is a word NOT a sentence, you have a great positive attitude and that is a bonus 

SANDRA good to hear you have your pizza for leftovers, enjoy!  -  YES I did see the episode where they got married, I haven't seen the last series, maybe 2 last series, I lost interest, maybe I will revisit.  It's actually filmed in a lovely little village in Cornwall where they also filmed the movie about the Fishermen singing, forget what it was called, they made 2 movies. 

HOLLY I also have fib, not a lot, but I can cope with it, sometimes it happens while I am doing cardio, makes it not so fun LOL And I have on occasion had to sit ( or lie ) down. Usually passes quickly. Mostly it doesn't bother me at all, and it's always there, just don't notice it. It's strange, but I can feel it if I try to zone in on it. Otherwise I tend to ignore it

MARYLOU I am so glad Lyn is doing so well, it's been a worry for you, lots of good advice for Devonne!

Need to pick up Dean today, did my class this morning, and I did catch up with friends yesterday for coffee, which turned into 2 coffees LOL Nice to catch up though.
I have my Friday sewing tomorrow, I wanted to keep gaping on Temp quilt, but Ineed to have something to do tomorrow, so I stopped it.  also have borders to put on a small braid quilt. will do that tomorrow too.

Last night was leftovers. Tonight is pork loin chops, I am hoping to bake them, but maybe they will dry out too much. I usually cook them in a non stick pan, but they are huge so the oven will be quicker. 
Maybe some baked veg to go with them, It's getting really boring here for dinner, I am struggling to think of something every day. 

We have our local council elections this Saturday, they cover all the local area, parks, house rates, garbage collection,  building permits etc. They hold voting in  different locations, one is where we train, so I can vote straight after training. 

I know I have forgotten something, but need to go fill up my car, the petrol light is showing OOPS, I should have done it yesterday, I don't like it to get too low. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/11/2024 8:39 pm  #37

I meant to comment about this earlier, about the weather, it's funny when you have a cold change we seem to get heat, and the reverse also, I have noticed it lately it's happened every time, we have quite cool today after hot, strange isn't LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/12/2024 1:56 am  #38

I am still up at almost 4 am, so decided I would post. I hope to sleep late if the dogs let me, lol. I've been going thru photos and finally got the canvas prints ordered. I hope they turn out good...you never know, lol. My photos are so disorganized. That is going to take months to straighten out!

Thanks, Marylou, for the advice. I think I already have aloe vera gel. I got two phone calls from Emory today wanting to know if I have any questions or if they can help me in any way. I was impressed! Also a phone call from my doctor's nurse to schedule another mammogram for 9/24. They always do a mammogram after a biopsy to make sure they got the right spot. 

Laundry is done and the only thing I'm doing tomorrow is dishes in the sink. I plan to go visit Gary.

I decided to keep this pink crepe myrtle and not change it to a white one. It's grown too much to dig it up. It's a keeper, as it looks nice with the white azaleas.

D e v o n n e

9/12/2024 8:59 am  #39

JANET SENT ME SOME PIX OF LAKE GEORGE TO POST.  THERE ARE 3.  HERE THEY COME.

Last edited by quiltbea (9/12/2024 9:02 am)

9/12/2024 9:05 am  #40

SINCE I RAN OUT OF LEFTOVERS, I GUESS I HAVE TO COOK TODAY.  I'M THINKING BOTH THE POT OF MASHED TATERS AND THE GOULASH CASSEROLE.

DEVONNE......THAT CREPE MYRTLE IS A LOVELY COLOR.  ITS GOOD YOU ARE KEEPING IT.  

TRISH.......I SAW A SPECIAL ABOUT DOC MARTIN AND WHERE IT IS AND THE FOLKS THERE.  ALSO THAT THE SURGERY AND HOME HE USES WAS RENTED FOR THE SHOW BUT THERE WERE SO MANY VISITORS SNEEKING PEEK IN THE WINDOWS THE OWNERS HAD TO SELL IT AND MOVE AWAY.  

LOVELY DAY HERE.  NOT MUCH HAPPENING BUT I WILL DO A FEW THINGS TODAY.  MY PLACE NEEDS SOME PRIMPING.
OH, I LOST 4.75 AT BINGO LAST NITE.  NOT A GOOD ONE FOR ME BUT FUN WITH THE GIRLS.  

I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S  

Last edited by quiltbea (9/12/2024 9:13 am)

Board footera