OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/26/2024 11:48 pm  #1

ODT SUNDAY SEPT 8 ~ SAT SEPT 14

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/08/2024 1:19 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 8 ~ SAT SEPT 14

Have a great week, ladies! 🤗

Everyone is doing as well as can be expected.  We've had no memorial services yet, but they are being planned.

Maybe I mentioned it already, I can't remember, but I've been sick since last weekend, so I'm grateful that I haven't had to miss anything.

It hit me hard and fast, and DH got sick a few days before me. I hope it will be through with us soon. 👍🏻🥳

Indy, I'm sorry about Fancy!

I'm off to bed.  It's about 12:20am here. 

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

9/08/2024 6:35 am  #3

Good morning!

Indy so very sorry about Fancy. Huggs.........

Yesterday was very special. Darrell was a little overwhelmed. He is getting more and more forgetful and confused for lack of a better word to describe the situation.

Gary and his wife. Will be here until Tuesday. Short but busy visit.

Diane, sorry you and eh have been under the weather during this difficult time for you and yours.

Thinking of everyone. Prayers,..................

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/09/2024 3:30 am)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

9/08/2024 10:14 am  #4

A woman and her husband stop at a dentist’s office. “I need a tooth pulled right away,” 
she says. “Don’t bother with the Novocain; we’re in a hurry.” “Which tooth do 
you want pulled?” asks the dentist. The woman shoves her husband toward the dentist. “Go ahead, dear. Show him your tooth.”

WE ARE EXPECTING 70S ALL WEEK AND SUNSHINE.  IT COULDN'T BE ANY BETTER.

DIANE......YES YOU MENTIONED IT AND I HAD HOPED YOU WERE BETTER BY NOW.  SORRY ITS LASTING A BIT TOO LONG.  GET WELL SOON.

LINDA.......YOU HAVE HAD A BUSY TIME OF IT.  SORRY DH IS GOING THAT ROUTE AND YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT DAILY.  I KNOW ITS WORRYING.  AT LEAST YOU HAVE SOME FINE COMPANY FOR A FEW DAYS AND CAN ENJOY YOURSELF.  I KNOW THEY PARTY WAS A SUCCESS.

MY DAY OF REST EXCEPT FOR BAGGING MY MEATS FOR THE FREEZER TODAY.  MY SON SHOPPED AND TOOK HOME FOOD PER USUAL BUT HE WAS IN A HURRY.  THINGS TO DO AND A PARTY AT 4 SO HE RUSHED.  A NIECE IS HAVING A BABY AT 42 AND CELEBRATING THE EVENT.  
WILL CHECK IN TOMORROW PER USUAL.  I HAVE FOOD TO EAT AS LEFTOVERS SO NO WORRIES FOR ME.  FOOD, GOOD BOOKS, AND TV.  WHAT MORE COULD I WANT.  HUG TO ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/08/2024 10:26 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/08/2024 2:57 pm  #5

Cold 🥶 here in beautiful Lake George. Woke up to 47*. It reached 69 and is now holding. It may warm up Tue. We head home on Thursday. This will be our last to trip to LG and this car show. 22 years, quite a run.
We are now at the Sagamore Resort…same lake but a sew miles north of the Village.

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/09/2024 3:30 am)

9/08/2024 7:01 pm  #6

Hope everyone had a beautiful weekend. The cooler weather was so nice!

Linda, so sorry about Darrell. I guess we will all get there as we get older. Hugs for you....know it's hard for you. 

Greg came and put my recliner together, hung some drapes for me, hung some pictures and put the ladder in the garage. I know he makes good money, but he also has a mortgage, bills and child support every month. I gave him $50, but he didn't want to take it, saying I'm his Mom and I don't have to pay him to help me. I told him to use it for their upcoming trip to Universal. $50 is like $20 these days...it's nothing.

I love my recliner and the dark brown color. It's very comfortable and it does lay all the way flat. The only thing I don't like about it is I wish the foot rest was longer, but I find that to be a problem with most recliners .

D e v o n n e

9/09/2024 3:29 am  #7

I am so very sorry everyone, I completely forgot about locking and visiting with you!

It has been a busy couple days, we had lots of paperwork to do for the Mr on Sunday, he had his eye Dr today, so had to take him then yoga when we got back, then took him to renew his drivers licence, so it has  been either driving him around or waiting LOL  It took about 3 hours for him to be able to see properly after the drops, he has glaucoma and they are pretty nasty tests that   he doesn't cope well with, he said the bright lights swirling are really uncomfortable and the drops make his vision very blurry even after they add the 'drop remover' to his eyes.

Yoga was welcome break with a new teacher, she was lovely her name is Madhu, it's a lot longer than that, but unpronounceable to us, it means scent I think she said, I think she meant a a flowery one, she was encouraging and led us beautifully, clearly has been teaching for quite a while.

DEVONNE good to hear the recliner is good for you, being able to lay flat is wonderful, M & Gs do almost that, they have a single one, and one each end of both the 2 and 3 seater sofas. They are still a little way from completely flat, but almost LOL

SANDRA I am sorry Matt had to get away early, I am sure you sent him home with goodies, enjoy your day of rest. I saw the season 13  of Call the Midwife is now on my Britbox, so guess I will add it to my list.

LINDA I am sorry that D has been worse, he is so lucky to have you! Sending best wishes for you as you cope with this (((hugs)))

JANET sounds lovely there, your temp are about what ours have been today and yesterday, I do love the cool nights with the slightly warmer days, perfect, I do wish to keep it, but nature knows best and we need the seasons to change. 

HOLLY thanks for the library info, I will take note of those authors, always wanting something different to read, I'm now on some kind of magic tale, set in Gretna Green, probably 1/3 way through and can't figure out what the character is supposed to be doing - she doesn't know either LOL she has to take over from her grandmother who dies, a bit disjointed, but I want to now the How, What, Where and Why, so will keep reading, it was with my Kindle Unlimited, so no bother if I don't want to continue I'll just return it.

I have caught up a lot on my Temp quilt, I have now done 1st week of August, still haven't decided on a layout AND if I want to do a tiny black frame for each month before sashing with the embroidered Month on it. Also need to  decide if I want to put pieces of each fabric with the temperature range embroidered. Decisions decisions!!

Keeping you all in my prayers DIANE and wishing peace for you and the family (((hugs)))

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/09/2024 8:17 am  #8

Trish, your temp quilt sounds really interesting. Looking forward to seeing pictures. 

Today is the consultation with my doctor at the breast center and I will know the results of the biopsy. 

It has been a miserably hot summer here in Georgia, one of the worse I can remember, even just walking in the stores. The cooler days are a blessing! I understand those further north who aren't looking forward to the winter because of the snow. We do get colder weather here too in the South, just rarely no snow. I remember in 2014 when we had "Snowmageddon." No one was expecting it and people were stranded, trying to get home from work. The interstates were parking lots. There were people sleeping in the aisles at Walgreens. Georgia is not a state equipped with snow plows, but this turned into ice which made it much worse. In 1993, we had a "big" snow. Atlanta got 4 inches and Savannah, way down south, even got snow! We were still living in our first house then. It does and can happen here.

I am a happy Mom now with all the things Greg did for me. I wanted to move some pictures to other locations and he gladly did it. Gary helps too, I just don't ask him to do much. 

D e v o n n e

9/09/2024 9:27 am  #9

Good Morning!!!  It is a very dreary day here, sort of dark.  My house cleaner will be here in about 20 minutes.  She's a dear!  Gets everything clean, so nice.
I really don't have a thing to say this morning.  So will just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

9/09/2024 10:31 am  #10

The Rav is sold.  They called this morning .  We’ll pick up the money and tags when we get back home.  Sold for more than we expected.

9/09/2024 11:05 am  #11

I was in my patrol car by a blinking red light—the equivalent of a stop sign—when I watched an elderly man drive straight through without even slowing down. I quickly hit the siren and pulled him over. “Why did you drive through the red light?” 
I asked him. “I didn’t,” he said. “I saw you.” He shook his head. “I went through 
between the blinks.”

OUR WEEK CONTINUES TO BE BEAUTIFUL.

JANET........LUCKY YOU TO SELL YOUR CAR FOR MORE THAN EXPECTED.  THAT'S ALWAYS A GOOD THING.

TRISH.....I JUST FINISHED A HAMISH MACBETH BOOK, DEATH OF A NURSE.  ITS A REALLY GOOD ONE. I THOUGHT OF YOU SINCE I KNOW YOU LIKE THAT SERIES.
I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU LIKE YOUR NEW EXERCISE TEACHER.  YOU ARE VERY GOOD ABOUT GOING AND WORKING OUT.  IT SHOULD PAY OFF IN THE LONG RUN.

DEVONNE.....I KNOW YOU GO FOR YOUR RESULTS TODAY.  GOOD LUCK WITH GOOD NEWS ON THAT.

LINDA.....I HOPE YOU ARE GETTING SOME REST AFTER ALL THE PARTYING AND COMPANY YOU ARE HAVING FOR A FEW DAYS.  REMEMBER TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, TOO.

I JUST SET UP A JIGSAW PUZZLE IN OUR COMMUNITY ROOM.  I STARTED IT BUT DIDN'T GET VERY FAR.  MY HEAD IS WOBBLY TODAY SO I DIDN'T WANT TO PUSH MYSELF.
LUCKY ME I HAVE LEFTOVERS AND SANDWICH MEAT FOR SUPPER IF I DON'T MANAGE TO COOK ANYTHING.  I DOUBT I WILL MAKE THE MASHED I PLANNED FOR TODAY.  I HOPE I CAN MANAGE THE PIZZA LATER.
HUGS FOR YOU ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/09/2024 11:24 am)

9/09/2024 11:52 am  #12

We closed all the windows last night, it was in the low 50’s! The leaves are turning already. 
I got up this morning, did 1.5 miles on the bike, then made us scrambled eggs. I had leftover hash browns, so I heated them first, and poured the eggs over them, and made sort of an omelette. 

Eddie has his first nursing clinical class today. And he’s working part time as ER transport at a different hospital, and likes it a lot. 
Trish, see if you get Kay Bratt on your kindle unlimited, she does a series called Hart’s Ridge. I love KU. 
Devonne, grown kids and grandkids come in handy for moving things around and hanging things! 

9/09/2024 2:03 pm  #13

I have good and bad news. The bad news is it's breast cancer. The good news is it's Stage 1, not aggressive and I don't need chemotherapy. I will be having a lumpectomy on Oct. 9th. I will have radiation for 15 days a few weeks after the surgery. I am so glad I got my mammograms on a regular basis. Ladies, don't put them off! 

I'm not upset as I have a lot of faith and I've turned it over to God, someone mightier than me. 

Janet, congratulations on selling the Rav4 and I'm glad you got more for it. After all, it is a Toyota!  Are we going to get a picture of Lake George?

Trish, you are really making progress on your temp quilt! I would have had to rest for a month after such a long trip.

Here's a picture of the room where we had Carter's birthday party. It was really nice and all the kids played mini golf. That is Greg standing over to the left, overseeing things, lol. Sometimes I'm not used to him with a shaved head, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/09/2024 2:07 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/09/2024 2:53 pm  #14

Devonne, sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers for your lumpectomy.  I admire your positive spirit!  My friend had a lumpectomy a few years ago.  She had some soreness afterwards but it was not too severe.

Holly, I just downloaded the Charlie Donlea book, Long Time Gone, that you recommended.  Going to start it tonight. 

Dean's brother is back in the hospital, but we got them mostly moved into their son's home.  SIL, Janis, is looking forward to the move and getting rid of the huge yard and the house.  They are having an auction company give them quotes for whole house tag sale.  They may have the auction also sell the home or they may list it.  Houses go so fast here and I think they should sell it outright.  They have a three bedroom "split ranch" type home but they have almost an acre of land in a pretty rural setting.  A lovely back yard with a large shed.  It will sell easily.  Bill is still not real happy but that is understandable.

We had a great time watching our Andrew run  his race.  He had a personal best time, so he was happy.  He knew going in that he would not place high since he is in 8th grade running with high schoolers but he was just so happy to be invited to run with them.

The weather is lovely today and no rain in the forecast for the next week.  We are in a semi drought so I feel for the farmers, but I like it.  

I made some homemade taco seasoning and made some taco meat for tacos or taco salad.  I usually buy the little packets but decided to try my own.  It was a little too spicy and not enough salt but I will adjust the spices next time.  We are used to those salty packets.    I had all the necessary spices so it was easy to put together.

Nothing else worth mentioning here.  Have a good evening.

9/09/2024 4:19 pm  #15

Devonne, fingers crossed. 
Cheryl, I’ll be interested in your comments on the book. 

9/09/2024 4:30 pm  #16

Cheryl, we just had taco salads a few days ago using the Lawry's Taco Seasoning I prefer, and I was thinking I should try making my own.  It's so expensive compared to what it used to cost and I probably have everything for it.  I finished up the leftovers today for lunch.  Love, love, love taco salads.  Congrats to your Andrew.  That is quite the compliment to be asked as an 8th grader.  I'm sure he was tickled you and Dean were there, too.  Thanks...about Fancy.

Trish, I know where did the years go?  Silly question...WE feel them, don't we?  I DID get to see Andrew.  It was rainy so he and his friends didn't go to the Popcorn Fest, they got together at one of their houses in the evening.  So, ML called and told me I could come over in the afternoon.  He helped me understand more of the workings of my new phone, and I got to hear, from him, how his job-changing plans are going.  Driving home, I had a good warm/fuzzy feeling--so grateful for these special unplanned times to be with him.  They always spoil me with special foods they have and teas, too.  He has a video interview tomorrow with the accounting firm he most wants to work for. 

Linda, congrats to Darrell for his birthday.  If it was a surprise, no wonder he was a bit confused.  You and I  might be, too.  Wed. evening, We're going to the 98th birthday dinner of a friend.  His daughters are treating us all (about 30, I was told) at an expensive steak house.  They're out of our economic strata, but I was also told, they can afford it.  So...OKAY...  No gifts, they've said, but sometimes that's more fun when you can bring anything that you want.  Since he's of Swedish extraction and loves pickled herring, that's what we're giving him, a jar of pickled herring and a b.d. card.    Thanks, also about Fancy...

Devonne, I'm so sorry but so glad your doctor has pursued this when it was inconclusive, before.  You're so right, we all need to get a mammogram yearly.  And, you're putting it in the right Hands.  

I'd better go.   Have a chuck roast all cooked and keeping warm in the crockpot.  ML and Bill are leaving tomorrow for Galena, Illinois for a mini vacation with some friends and I am the recipient of several food items she wanted me to use up.  Tiny potatoes are one of those and I added them to the cr. pot.   Easy peasy.  
Have a good evening and sweet dreams.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (9/09/2024 4:37 pm)

9/09/2024 5:15 pm  #17

Gary and Emily think I should get a second opinion and Greg said he doesn't think it's necessary. The question is do I trust this doctor? How could I trust him, as I've only seen him twice, lol. If it will make them happy, a second opinion wouldn't hurt. I am scheduling this surgery for 10/9 so they better get me in quick for a 2nd opinion. 

Cheryl, I made my own taco seasoning once. It was so easy and I had all the ingredients in my pantry! I also love taco salads.

Judy, I'm glad you got to see Andrew. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/09/2024 5:16 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/10/2024 5:12 am  #18

Good thoughts for you Devonne.
Another very cool day.

9/10/2024 9:48 am  #19

ANOTHER GORGEOUS DAY.  LOVE THIS END OF SUMMER.

9/10/2024 9:52 am  #20

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is very foggy outside, also very still.  Not much going on today.  I'm not feeling great, my head is feeling weird, just a big foggy feeling.  Tracy called for a bit, she was already at school, found a parking spot she liked and went inside.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

Board footera