OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/06/2024 8:56 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 1 ~ SAT SEPT 7

A trooper pulls over a priest and immediately smells alcohol on his breath. The next thing he notices is an empty wine bottle lying on the passenger seat. “Have you been drinking?” the officer asks. “Just water,” says the priest. “Then why do I smell wine?” The priest looks at the bottle and shouts, “Good Lord! He’s done it again!”

RAIN IS EXPECTED THIS WEEKEND.  WE'VE HAD SUCH LOVELY WEATHER THAT SOME RAIN IS WELCOME.

DEVONNE.......THAT'S TOO BAD THE WHOLE CHAIR DIDN'T ARRIVE.  I WAS SURPRISED IT CAME IN 2 PIECES.  I'VE ONLY EVER BOUGHT FROM A LOCAL FURNITURE STORE SO MINE WAS DELIVERED BY TWO GUYS.

DIANE......I HOPE YOU AND DH ARE FEELING BETTER AFTER A FEW DAYS OF THE FLU OR WHATEVER HIT YOU.  
I JUST LEARNED WE HAVE A RESIDENT WITH COVID.  SHE WAS TOLD TO STAY IN HER APT TIL A CERTAIN DAY BUT I HEAR SHE'S NOT FOLLOWED THAT ADVICE.  I'M HAPPY TO REPORT I HAVEN'T BUMPED INTO HER IN THE HALLS BUT WILL BRING A MASK WITH ME FOR TRIPS IN THE HALLWAY IN CASE I MEET UP WITH ANYONE.

THERESA....WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?  I DIDN'T EXPECT YOU TO BE GONE SO LONG.  ARE YOU TAKING UP RESIDENCE IN NORTHERN MAINE?

CAROL.....GOOD TO HEAR THE 2ND SURGERY WENT WELL.  IT SURE IS AMAZING HOW MUCH WE DON'T REALIZE WE CAN'T SEE TIL ITS DONE.  

I HAVE COOKING ON MY DAY PLAN TODAY.  I WANT BOTH DISHES MADE BEFORE MY SON ARRIVES TO SHOP TOMORROW.  I LOVE BOTH THE TATER TOT SAUSAGE CASSY AND THE CHICKEN RICE SOUP SO I'VE GOT A SMILE ON MY FACE.  I WILL EAT WELL THIS WEEKEND.
I MANAGED TO SWIFFER WET JET MY FLOORS YESTERDAY.  THEY SURE LOOK GOOD AFTERWARDS.  I LOVE THAT IT CLEANS MY FLOORS AND I DON'T HAVE TO WRING OUT A MOP TO DO THEM.  LOVE SOME OF OUR MODERN CONVENIENCES.

THAT'S IT FROM MY LITTLE CORNER OF THE WORLD.
STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/06/2024 9:11 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/06/2024 9:12 am  #42

Judy, hugs to you and Howard. It’ll be an adjustment for you, without the pup. 
Gas is $2.99 at our corner! Lowest in forever! I had filled up at $3.05 the other week. We made a library run. It’s cloudy out. 

9/06/2024 9:41 am  #43

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is very still outside, but the sun is barely beginning to shine.  Should be nice as the day progresses.  Not a bit of movement outside.  Believe Rhonda will be over later, think I have an eye appt. later today.

I really don't have anything to say, so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

9/06/2024 9:59 am  #44

Thanks, Holly, for the hugs.  You two were out early.  A bit cloudy here, too, after days and days of bright sunshine.  

We'll be out in a few hours.  It's Andrew's 26th birthday today.  He's coming home  tonight for a quick visit with friend plans so we won't see him this time.  We'll take his card and money to their house on our way to our small group.  I had it ready to send, but this way, no fear of sending $$ thru the mail and he'll get it on the day.  

Tomorrow is the Popcorn Festival in Valparaiso, IN.  It started the same month when Howard and I got married--1978.  It's hugely popular and rather in honor of Orville Redenbacher who was a local.  There's a park bench in town with a statue of him sitting on it.  I never go anymore and for a lot of years.  Can't get near it to park, huge crowds, too much drinking, and scariest of all for me, scads of yellow jackets,drawn by the food and drink... plus at this point, OLD AGE!  I never could get Howard there...for all the same reasons and no interest!-in it! 

Carol, glad your 2nd eye is done and all is well.  Sometimes, the interval between the surgery and the new RX can be trying.  Sounds like you'll adapt okay to that time period.  (We both have new glasses, can see better and I hope we look better, ie, Howard no longer wears his 'Mitch McConnell glasses' that he bought on line.  In other words, that's who they made him look like, to me.  He didn't care...said he could see better with them!)   Sounds like you're making a trip to the Grand Canyon soon?   Never been there,specifically,  but AZ, the West in general, is so beautiful.    Thanks for thinking of us and Fancy. 

Devonne, how strange, only part of your chair arrived?   Sounds like you're planning on catching some ZZZZs in your new chair that lays flat.   What color did you get? 
I'm sure we'll miss Fancy for a long time as you do Sandy.  How long did you have her?

I only have to bring pop and ice for today.  Am thankful for that--not having to figure out, then make food.  We are given a general category by the hostess, salad, dessert, etc. but have to come up with the specific.  But, I'd better hurry on and get dressed and ready so will say goodbye and have a good day.  
Indy  

Last edited by indyanny (9/06/2024 10:05 am)

9/06/2024 1:12 pm  #45

Judy, deepest sympathy on the loss of Fancy.  I know the  heartache of losing a fur-baby.  You did right by her.

Carol, nice to hear your cataract surgeries went well.  Mine were months apart, so the time between was pretty bad with distortion.  Dean would like to get it done but he was just at the eye dr and they said he did  not need it yet.  He does have the beginning of macular degeneration so he is taking some over the counter pills.

Devonne, hope the rest of your chair arrives soon. 

We are going to the high school football game tonight and then to Columbus tomorrow to watch grandson Andrew run in a cross country race.  He is in 8th grade but was invited to run with the HS team and he is thrilled.  He is like Dean and loves to run.  I don't understand it.    Dean does not run any longer due to his knees being replaced but he misses it every day.

It is humid and drizzling rain now and again, so I hope it clears by football game time.

Speaking of gasoline, it is $2.90 now.  Dean went and topped off my tank since it was mostly full.  Not sure why the drop, but glad to have it.

9/06/2024 4:30 pm  #46

Judy, I am preparing my home for a nursing home, lol!  Since everything is starting to malfunction...feet, knees, hips, back....thought it was a good idea. It is dark brown and the 2nd box is out for delivery. Sandy was 15 1/2 years old. We got her when she was only 6 weeks old. Happy birthday to Andrew!

I am making my first ever veggie "beef" soup. I made veggie soup a lot, but Billy didn't want beef in it. It sure is smelling good! 

Tomorrow is Carter's 13th birthday. Greg and his ex are hosting it at a mini golf party. Greg is providing pizza and drinks for everyone and Holly is bringing the cake. 

Last edited by DownSouth (9/06/2024 4:34 pm)

D e v o n n e

9/07/2024 1:34 am  #47

SANDRA your menu sounds yum, I am glad you had enough energy to do the floor, always makes you feel a bit better to accomplish something you wanted to do, Good to hear you won a little, at Bingo, Hope the germs stay away from you, silly woman, She possibly forgot.

CHERYL I can sympathise, we had hot, humid this morning, now of course it's a lot cooler, it was really hot training this morning LOL We were all red faced and sweating. Enjoy the game!

DEVONNE hope you enjoy your soup, I make it and chicken soup a lot, wonder why Billy didn't like meat in it. If you make it thick enough (with veg and meat)  it's good as a meal, with some crusty bread, or even pasta cooked and added to it. Hope your other delivery comes quickly. Strange they came separate.

CAROL great news on the surgery, I am hoping to get a booking when I see them in Oct. Who knows he may ask me to wait still, it's getting harder to drive  at night, the lights really hit me in the eye now, feels like every light is on high beam!

INDY Happy birthday to Andrew, how did he get so old ?? I think the same about our grand, John will be 19 in Dec YIKES!!  You and I can't be that old LOL Good you only have to bring drinks and ice, although the ice is often a problem, it melts so fast in the heat, hope you have a good cooler.  Indy you are right, too sad to see the way some don't care for themselves, both boys dislike going to their grand parents, it's hard for G because he sees them react with us, they chatter away, and they have nothing to say to his parents, must be very hard to see, but I can't change how I am with them, and never will either. Neither one of the boys wants to visit them now, John always uses University as an excuse, makes his dad angry, but M has tried to make him see that John was never part of their lives - their choice. 

JANET glad to hear things are getting better - makes it more fun for you, although you could always just go out by yourself I guess (((hugs)))

HOLLY I can only wish for fuel to be that price, it's so expensive here. Anything new at the library?
I got some books on Kindle to take away, forgot I had one set, it's The Shakleford (sp?) Sisters. Rather silly about a vicar who has 8 daughters and wants to marry them off, kind of Mills & Boon I think set in the 19th century. Not sure I'll even finish the first one, rather boring!

DIANE hope you and DH are feeling better, and your family are coping OK

I can smell bush smoke, they must be back burning - yuk! It stinks, and the house will have to be closed up, it was very hot yesterday and the temp stayed pretty warm last night, I had everything open to let the cool breeze in.

The old farm house block next to us is being sold off, the owner told us in June, the largest part of the block has been sold, the smaller block next to us not yet, the whole thing is equal to about 3 large house blocks. one more than twice as big as the other  the larger one with the old house sold for $2,350,000  they have the other - just land listed at $900,000. I think it will sell for that, or quite close to it, It's an odd shaped block, at least when they start doing things on the other one it won't be too close to us, it's on a corner so they can have 2 access points for houses, 
It will be interesting to see what happens to it. Rob (owner) has been spending a lot of money doing the house up, what a waste, it will get knocked down, we knew his mum well, she owned most of the land in this area, she was near 100 when she died, tough old lady, at 90+ she was bending at the waist and pulling weeds, sad to see the old place go, a lot of memories, we never saw Rob when she lived there, we knew she had a son, towards the end he visited a few times and apparently saw her in the nursing home nearby, Warwick used to see her there too. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/07/2024 5:46 am  #48

I don’t know what gas prices are here in NY.  The car hasn’t moved since we got here in NY.
    Historically gas prices drop before an election.  It’s a political ploy.  Depending on the results it will change. Enough said.

9/07/2024 7:57 am  #49

I got a Fed Ex package that is not mine. I called Fed Ex and they won't pick it up. I need to take it to one of their locations. UPS would have been right here to get it. It's on the way to Carter's birthday...about a mile out of my way. The address is not similar to mine at all. Was this driver just trying to save time? No way was it a "mistake" in addresses. This is why our packages don't arrive, lol! 

Janet, are you at beautiful Lake George again?

Most recliners online ship in two boxes. Easier for companies to ship. Fed Ex tracking says delivery is today between 11 and 3. Greg will be here tomorrow to put it together. There are metal clips on the sides and back and it slides right in, but it's too heavy for me to lift. I doubt you would get a La-z-boy like this, but I didn't pay the La-z-boy price, lol! 

Trish, Billy was a picky eater. Gary is as well. He wouldn't eat this soup because it has tomatoes in it, lol. This made a lot of soup. I will need to freeze a lot of it in individual containers.

Looking forward to Carter's party! Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

D e v o n n e

9/07/2024 8:25 am  #50

“Visit me for three days a week at $300 
a visit, and you’ll be cured,” the psychiatrist assures him. The price tag is a 
little rich for the patient, so he says he’ll think about it.
Six months later, 
the two meet on the street. “Why didn’t you come to see me about those fears you were having?” asks the psychiatrist. “Because a bartender cured me for only $10.”
“How?”
“He told me to cut the legs off the bed.”

*************************

TRISH.......YOU NEED TO GET SOME NIGHT-DRIVING GLASSES.  THEY REALLY WORK.  I HAD SOME WHEN I DROVE.  WHAT AN AMAZING DIFFERENCE THEY MADE FOR DRIVING AT NIGHT OR ON SUNNY DAYS.  NO GLARE.

DEVONNE......IF YOU WERE LESS HONEST YOU WOULD JUST KEEP THE PACKAGE AND NOT WORRY ABOUT. THEY MUST MISCARRY MANY THINGS THRU THE YEAR.  THEY'LL SETTLE WITH THE SENDER LATER.

ITS SATURDAY AND MY SON SHOPS FOR ME TODAY.  THE CHICKEN RICE SOUP IS MADE.  I TOOK SOME TO A NEIGHBOR RECOVERING FROM A WICKED COUGH AND SORE THROAT.  WORE MY MASK WHEN I DELIVERED IT. 
I WILL MAKE THE TATER TOT SAUSAGE CASSY IN A MINUTE.  NOT MUCH MORE TO DO.  I SORTED MY PILLS FOR THE WEEK.  NEED TO RUN THE VAC OVER THE RUGS AND I'M DONE FOR THE DAY.
ITS A LOVELY DAY HERE.  I WAS EXPECTING RAIN TODAY BUT IT MAY HAVE BOUNCED OFF THE STATE INTO THE OCEAN.  

HAVE A NICE DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (9/07/2024 8:35 am)

9/07/2024 9:02 am  #51

LINDA IS BUSY, BUSY WITH HER DH'S BIRTHDAY DO.  LOTS OF COMPANY.  LOTS OF FOOD.  LOTS OF CELEBRATING FOR HIS 89TH BIRTHDAY.  SHE WILL NOT BE CHECKING IN FOR A FEW DAYS.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARRELL. 

9/07/2024 9:44 am  #52

Gas prices are down globally, not just here. And they always rise before a holiday and drop after, across the board, for time immemorial. 
Sandra, I thought you were recommending classes to Trish, I had to read it several times!
Trish, I’m reading several series. The Colter Shaw series by Jeffery Deaver, the basis for the show Tracker. The Samantha Owens Forensic pathologist series by J.T. Ellison. The Bakeshop series by Ellie Alexander. The Shadows series by Christine Feehan. Some cozy, some not. Some with canoodling, some not. 
Humidity is up, thunder storms predicted. 

My poor granddog Mocha ripped her toenail halfway off, had to go to doggy urgent care and be sedated to fix it. She’s on pain med, antibiotics, has a dressing that she can’t get wet or dirty. She looks so disgusted.

Board footera