OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/03/2024 9:58 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY SEPT 1 ~ SAT SEPT 7

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is very gray outside this morning and not a leaf is stirring.  Looks like it could rain most any time.  Will be interesting to see what the day brings.

I can't think of a thing to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well.  Have a wonderful day, everyone, BJ.

9/03/2024 6:57 pm  #22

I did a little more work on the patio. I had to empty potting soil in the yard, it was so heavy and full of water (huge pots). It really did stink! 

Sandra, I liked the adjective one, lol! 

Janet, that doesn't sound good.

D e v o n n e

9/03/2024 11:47 pm  #23

Ugh! I've been sick for 2 days! It hit me hard and fast. DH is sick as well, and I'm a couple of days behind him. No fun! Sore throat, irritated ears, shivering cold, fever of 102.7. I've been sleeping a lot, as did DH for the first couple of days.

We've stayed home, of course, and have had very little interest in food.

This, too, shall pass!

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/04/2024 2:58 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

9/04/2024 2:56 am  #24

SANDRA I am loving your jokes, where are you getting them, they sound like those ones on the old Readers Digest magazines. I used to love those, wonder if they still exist? 

JANET oh no, that doesn't sound good, are you at your destination, maybe it's just the long drive (((hugs)))

DEVONNE yuk on the smelly potting mix,  maybe the pots need more drain holes, I have had the same potting mix in tubs for many years, I do top up at times. One has been there at least 6 yrs from memory. 

BJ your days sound nice, the weather sounds good, and you say you don;t have anything to say, but you tell us about the girls visit, the weather and outings you have (((hugs)))

HOLLY & DEVONNE I aggree unions are great when they work well, ours or not good, too much corruption, and they have a hold over the building industry and ports/shipping. A bit too much power. I hope they can get new people in, but not holding my breath. 

SANDRA my coffee machine is really simple, put the water in, put milk in the attached milk heater/frother, push one button to turn on, then press either short or long coffee, and also turn frother on. So much easier than my old one, I do like simple, I went to the Nespresso store today, I heard they had pumpkin spice coffee, I bought some, she DID offer to make me one, but I had just had coffee with my breakfast, I should have tried it, it's not good LOL  Maybe if I add some spice to it, like nutmeg and cinnamon? i was thinking it might be more like Starbucks pumpkin coffee. 

Another lovely day here, I got more done on my Temp quilt, and took up the Mrs pants from Kathmandu the kids gave him for Fathers Day. 
My legs are sore, and I have training in the morning, the muscles should feel better after I get going, at least I know I did work out from the sore muscles. 

See you later.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/04/2024 2:57 am  #25

DIANE I am so sorry you are sick the 'flu is particularly bad this year, I have been lucky, a few of our touring group got sick they have taken a few weeks to recover (((hugs))))

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/04/2024 9:27 am  #26

Q. How do you know when the moon is broke? A. When it’s down to its last quarter.

DIANE......SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE FEELING SO SICK.  THOSE TEMPS ARE HIGH.  ITS AWFUL WHEN ONE FEELS OUT OF SORTS LIKE THAT.  TAKE IT EASY TIL YOU'RE BETTER, BOTH OF YOU.

TRISH......YOU MEAN LIKE THE ONE ABOVE?  YES, I GET THEM FROM THE READER'S DIGEST PAGES AND OTHER JOKE PAGES. THIS ONE FROM RD.  I ALSO GET A DAILY THE HEALTY PG FROM RD.  THAT'S WHERE IF FOUND THE TENNIS BALL WHEN FLYING INFO.
I AM GOING TO RENEW MY SUBSCRIPTION TO RD THIS MONTH SINCE THEY ARE GIVING ME A BARGAIN PRICE.  I LIKE READER'S DIGEST.

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE.  COOLER WHICH IS NICE.  DAYS IN THE LOW 70S AND NITES IN THE HIGH 40S AND 50S.  I LOVE THOSE TEMPS.  KEEPS THE GARDENS GROWING AND NICE TO BE OUT IN IT.

A BIT WOBBLY SO HAVEN'T DONE MY SHOWER YET.  ITS BINGO NITE SO I CAN PLAN ON SEEING MY COMRADES LATER.  I HOPE I DON'T LOSE TOO MUCH TONITE.  I HAVE BEEN WINNING WHICH IS NICE.
THAT'S IT LADIES.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/04/2024 9:35 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

9/04/2024 9:41 am  #27

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you are all having a wonderful day.  It's fairly foggy outside, but gradually getting brighter than earlier.  Think maybe the sun will be out later.   I have no plans for the day, but then I rarely have any plans for any day. Just hanging on!!!

Well, I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all well, sending love and best wishes, BJ.

9/04/2024 10:31 am  #28

Trish, the Readers Digest jokes are still around! I still get the paper copy of that magazine and love it.  I read it in bed at night cause I can read short passages.  The jokes are still a favorite and I get the magazine for a whopping $10 a year!  Seems like Sandra and I are alike in our reading.  

It is much cooler these last couple of days.  I love it but really do not want to think of the cold and snow coming for sure.  We did get out and hike (3 miles) and I was tired after, but it was lovely.  The walking park has a playground next door and Gabriel was a gem and took Amelia there while we walked.  He can be a good brother sometimes but usually they just bicker.

I cleaned the bathrooms today, ran the vacuum over the carpet area and decluttered the kitchen island.  Why does it collect so much stuff?

I have to go run to the grocery store to find something for supper. Not sure what to fix.

I have been making scrap string blocks again as it is relaxing and it gets my scrap piles down.  Will put them into a lap quilt soon.  I gave the last three to the Human Society for the dogs.

Have a great day all.  Sending good vibes to all who are not feeling well.

9/04/2024 10:33 am  #29

It’s been in the 50’s at night, and 70’s in the day! I love having the windows open. 
We went to Aldi, they are all fall foods! Stopped and got lunch to bring home. 
Trish, our jersey unions used to be real corrupt, think Mafia and Jimmy Hoffa. 
My WA grandchildren started school today. 

Book recommendation! Long Time Gone by Charlie Donlea. Sloan is doing a fellowship to be a forensic pathologist, and has to do a project about DNA. She’s adopted. She gets a genealogist to steer her, and sends in her DNA. Turns out she is Baby Charlotte, who with her parents disappeared 30 years ago. She sets out to find out what happened. Really good.

9/04/2024 12:53 pm  #30

It has finally happened to me for the first time...someone accessed my debit card and charged $200. It says "taxis and limousines." The only taxi I've been in was in Cozumel and I've never been in a limousine, lol. I called the bank and they closed my card. Should receive a new one tomorrow. How do they get your number??

Diane, sorry you and DH are both sick. Hope it doesn't last long.

Cheryl, my kitchen island is the same way. It's a convenient place to drop everything. G&E had the same problem with their dining room table. It was the first room as you came in the front door. 

I've been outside working on the patio. I finally got it done and took all the pots to the garage. Next year I'm only planting flowers. I do have a farmers market, open every Monday. I plan to start going there.

I've been looking at power lift recliners that lay flat for months, had to be dark brown leather (faux). It's my early birthday gift to me and will be here tomorrow! I only ordered it yesterday. I need to do some rearranging...wasn't ready for it to come so soon. The original delivery date was next Thursday, 9/13.

My main goal today is to get the dogs groomed and bathed. 

Judy, prayers and thoughts as you go thru making this difficult decision. Fancy will live in your hearts forever.

D e v o n n e

9/04/2024 1:51 pm  #31

Devonne, I asked my bank how it happens. They say the scammers use a program that generates numbers til they hit one that works. 

9/04/2024 3:10 pm  #32

Thanks, Devonne.   And, Holly, we did as you suggested.  We stayed with her.  She felt safe in Howard's arms.  It was quick and peaceful.  We stayed with her for as long as we wanted and both held her.  Harry has lived in my heart for 17 yrs. and I know she will too.  Howard is taking it hard but both of us know we did what was right.

I'm not a math person, but we had the two of them for a total of 29 years.  That blows my mind.   Fourteen with him and 15 with her with a 2 yr. gap in-between them.  Because of how tiny she was, boarding seemed out of the question  and not having any family who could keep her, we were only away from her 5 nights in those 15 years--when we left her with Howard's sister, Linda, in Big Stone Gap, VA  on our way  to the 2011 Circle of Friends retreat in Charlotte.  

We've been wanting badly to go to see Linda  and family this fall.  After checking and seeing how quickly rooms go,
he made reservations at a hotel for 9/30 thru 10/3.  We no longer stay at their house.  It's just too much with their health and age.  Will give us something to look forward to and we should be more used to our new normal by then.  I didn't want to go  any sooner.
Diane, hoping you and hubby are soon well.  Sounds like a bad bug.  
Indy 

Last edited by tricia-anne (9/05/2024 12:06 am)

9/05/2024 12:19 am  #33

INDY I am so sorry , I didn't realise it was happening so soon (((((hugs)))) I am glad you stayed with Fancy, we held Buddy too, on my lap with Warwick & Pete either side, all of us in floods of tears including the vet. They sure do worm their way into your heart  I hope you both have a great trip, it will be the =19.5pxfirst time for a long time by yourselves (((hugs)))

SANDRA I hope you feel better with the wobbles. It's harder as we get older, I know I struggle getting up and down but not giving up yet LOL

When M & G went to see his mum & dad his mum has an electric wheelchair AND a knee scooter, she had more surgery on her foot, no idea what, but she is in bad condition, can't walk up stairs at all, and she is so much younger than I am. She couldn't walk up stairs before the surgery, maybe this will help, but she doesn't seem interested in helping herself.

We got news today that W's oldest  sisters daughter only has little time left, she has been heavily drinker and drug addict most of her life, she has liver and pancreatic cancer, she is still smoking and drinking, says no point stopping now, it will be a matter of days, wasted her life, she is only 56. Had many stays in rehab etc but didn't really want to stop. She has 3 daughters, the oldest went to see her this week to say good bye, she doesn't get on with her mum, too sad. When we saw Julianne at her mums funeral last year she looked dreadful, probably had the cancer then.

I wen to training this morning, we had 10 exercises numbered from 0 - 9, we had to use our birth years to choose, we gave up after the first lots, and just did the next its in order LOL we kept getting 1s and 9s..

I got another week done on my Temp Q, one week to go to finish June, I might try doing some embroidery for the Months. I have some variegated thread, and I tested it out on the Pfaff. I just need to decide how big to do the strips above the block month. Guess I can do a test and decide later.

We have leftovers tonight, no point in cooking when I have so much left in the fridge. I also made up some pumpkin spice mix to add when I make the pumpkin coffee, tried a little and it helps, just cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. At least I can use those pods then, it tastes awful without something added.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

9/05/2024 8:03 am  #34

JUDY AND HOWARD......SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT FANCY.  IT BREAKS OUR HEARTS TO LOSE OUR FURBABIES.  HUGS FOR YOU BOTH.

QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/05/2024 8:06 am)

9/05/2024 8:10 am  #35

On our commute to work, my husband stopped at a convenience store for coffee. As he got back into the car, I noticed something odd. "Turn your head and look at me," I said. "You have a Q-tip sticking out of your ear." As he pulled it out, he replied, "No wonder the guy in there asked me if I was getting good reception."

DEVONNE.......THAT STINKS.  ITS GOOD YOU CHECK ON YOUR CARD OFTEN TO BE SURE ITS NOT HACKED.  YOU SHOULD GET YOUR NEW CARD SOON.
ARE THE FURBABIES ALL SHAMPOOED?  I KNOW YOU LIKE TO KEEP THEM CLEAN AND SPARKLING.

CHERYL.....YES, LIKE YOU I LIKE TO READ MY READER'S DIGEST IN BOOK FORM.  NOTHING BETTER THAN HOLDING THAT PAPER.  I WILL SEND IN MY SUBSCRIPTION THIS WEEK.  ITS ON MY LIST.  I LET IT LAPSE THINKING I DON'T NEED MORE TO READ BUT I MISSED IT.

I PLAN TO ORDER A FEW BOOKS THIS MONTH, ONES THAT LOOK GOOD WHICH I HAVEN'T READ.  BESIDES BOOKS AND READER'S DIGEST, THE ONLY THING I PLAN TO BUY THIS MONTH IS GROCERIES.

I LOST $2.50 AT BINGO BUT WON ONE GAME SO THAT'S ALWAYS GOOD.  THE BIG WINNER LAST NITE WAS ANOTHER GAL WHO HASN'T WON BIG FOR AWHILE.  WE SEEM TO TAKE TURNS.  THE CALLER LOVED THE NEW BINGO BALLS.  BRIGHT AND SHINY AND EASY TO SEE WITHOUT SCRATCHES.  

I WILL BE COOKING THIS WEEKEND SO NOTHING SPECIAL TIL THEN.  I BAKED SOME CHICKEN BREASTS SO WITH A SANDWICH OR WITH MASHED OR A SALAD THAT WILL BE FINE FOR ME FOR THE NEXT 2 DAYS.
WISHING YOU ALL A FINE DAY LIKE MINE.  SUNSHINE AND NO EXCESSIVE HEAT.  
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (9/05/2024 8:20 am)

9/05/2024 9:38 am  #36

Good Morning, it is 8:35, so I'm slowly getting going.  The sun is shining this morning, but not a leaf is moving.  It is 60*, so will likely be a very nice day.  Have my coffee to sip on and my breakfast balls to eat, so I'm doing just fine.  I believe Rhonda is coming by soon, know she is going shopping.

Well, I really don't have a thing to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

9/05/2024 11:31 am  #37

Thanks Trish.  We had a vet we've never met before due to ours being off that day. but she couldn't  have been any better or more compassionate to us and Fancy. Even asked us to be careful on our way home because we were crying as we left.  
And, thanks, QB, for the post and the picture.  It means a lot.
And thanks to each of you for your kind thoughts.  "A friend in need is a friend indeed." goes through my mind.  One might want to hide away by herself, but I've not let myself do that. You're my best buds... 

Trish, how sad about Warwick's niece...so young.  And Gary's mother.  I know they've been pills to G & M and the rest of you but still it's sad to see the choices some make that are eventually deadly. 
And yes, traveling will be different.  We can get a regular hotel room not a pet room, which H. hated--lower standards and greater smells.  It bothered him more than me. Guess who's more fastidious? 

Devonne, how awful.  Having been hacked 3 or 4 times in the last year, I know how upsetting it is.  I buy little on line, but always worry about using the cc when I do.  I've also heard what Holly said about "how" it's done.  So many evil people in this world...

It's quite warm here today.  I just opened the door and turned on the ceiling fan.  
We need a few groceries and are on for bringing the pop tomorrow for our small group so will be heading to town shortly.  Were going out to Lake Michigan, but I'm not up to that today.  Maybe next week.
Have a good day, my dears...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (9/05/2024 11:45 am)

9/05/2024 12:28 pm  #38

Hi, all.

Dianne, so sorry that you and your very DH are so sick.  I hope it's passing, and better days are ahead.

Judy, my sympathies on losing Fancy.  You made the right call, but it's so hard to be an adult sometimes and do what's right.  A short trip in a few weeks will be a balm for your soul. 

I hope Janet's trip is better than she said earlier.

Devonne, good for you for getting the recliner you wanted.  I grow fresh herbs but nothing else edible.  Flowers are my preferred harvest.

Sandra, congrats on your one win, and a big congrats to the lady who won big.  

I had my second cataract surgery yesterday, and it went as well as the first.  My followup appointment this morning was great, and I have an appointment in 4 weeks to get a new prescription.  Meanwhile, I can see the television better than I ever have (remember, when I started having trouble seeing, television was b/w, LOL).  Someone gave me some readers, and those are working great for, guess what?  Reading!  What a surprise.  I will need a prescription for driving.  He said I can drive now, but for a long trip, such as to the Grand Canyon, I will be better off with some prescription lenses.  So, I guess I'll take it easy until then and just stay on surface roads as much as possible and only drive back and forth to school, the grocery store, the garden centers, the quilt shops...........  Oh, the places I usually go.  

The bright light on the computer is a bit bothersome, so I'll sign off and let y'all go.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

9/05/2024 2:17 pm  #39

The vaca has improved.  DH is just one of those guys who doesn’t travel well.  He’s impossible at home, so why should I think he’d be better elsewhere?

9/05/2024 6:02 pm  #40

I cooked pork chops in the air fryer and on the pellet grill to see which tasted better. They both were great, but the air fryer only took 7 minutes for two chops.

Carol, I'm glad your cataract surgery is behind you. 

Only one box of my recliner showed up today. They normally are shipped in two boxes. Being patient for box #2 to show up.

I got my biopsy results today in the "My Chart" app, but it might as well be written in French, lol. I'll call the doctor in the morning.

Trish, how sad about W's niece. It sounds so familiar with my brother. He was 54 when he died. When he came to live with us, Billy got him a job and showed him how to get to work & back home. He got arrested and DUI School was mandatory. He left the next day, lol. 

Judy, hugs, my friend! I miss Sandy every day. 

D e v o n n e

Board footera