OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/22/2024 3:10 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY 18 AUGUST ~ SAT 25 AUGUST

I went to UPS to drop off 4 Amazon returns. Everything I got in the last order was very poor quality. It's the first time I've returned everything! Came outside and my vehicle was "dead as a doorknob." (what does that mean, lol?)  I have a little charger I keep in the car and it started right up. Went to Walmart (same shopping center), bought groceries and wouldn't start again. I had four different people working on it. One guy finally hit the alternator with a crowbar and it started right up. Who knew you could do that, lol? I'll be shopping for a place to get it fixed. I hope it will start so I can drive it there instead of a tow bill. 

Cheryl, I am also becoming an armchair traveler. My traveing is just about over. I'm watching a YT video of a couple traveling where I went in 2002....Durango and Silverton, CO. I feel like I'm in their back seat, lol! He's such a good narrator, as is his wife!

Trish, such gorgeous pictures! You must have walked your legs off! I couldn't have done that with my bad hips and worn out knees. Is this the longest you have been gone on a trip?

Carol, hope both eyes will be the same soon. Are you still using drops? I can't say I admire you for taking on the teacher role again, but I do respect and appreciate your decision to take this on again after retiring! Are you in heavy traffic going to and from the school?

Sandra, his loss, your treasure! It's beautiful. I found a sailboat picture I just love for my mantel. It's really calming when I look at it. I'm looking for something right now that is different to put in my dining room. Will take awhile to find it. 

Last edited by DownSouth (8/22/2024 3:19 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/22/2024 3:31 pm  #42

It's with a very heavy heart 💔 that I say my beautiful niece J passed away at 2:30 this morning.  Her husband and parents were with her.  J had no children.  She was 3 months shy of her 51st birthday.

J fought a long fight having had two kidney transplants over the years.  She was a gentle soul, yet tough as nails! (She was born with less than optimal kidneys, yet it wasn't found out until much later, the poor girl! She was not diabetic.)

Please keep her parents and husband in your thoughts and prayers, as well as my 92yo mother. Needless to say, it's a rough time.

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

8/23/2024 5:12 am  #43

Diane- 🙏🏻😢

8/23/2024 7:39 am  #44

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well.  I will not try to catch up with reading all I've missed.  Life has been crazy busy here, some health issues and way too hot to do much outside.  Even going from house to car, ughh.   Need to go check email.  Hope to get back into the routine of visiting here.
Stay safe.

8/23/2024 8:18 am  #45

Diane, my condolences on your loss. Prayers for your Mom.

Joni, it's good to hear from you. This summer has been brutally hot. 

I had my list of auto repair places to call, but for some reason my Iphone didn't charge overnight. It shows it charging now, but I didn't get the "ding" when I plugged it in. A wait and see...

D e v o n n e

8/23/2024 9:29 am  #46

Good Morning!  It is pouring rain outside, I mean, really POURING!!! 60* outside.  I have no plans for the day.  Not sure if Tracy will be over today or not.   I really don't have anything to say, so will just sign off and wish you all well.  Have a wonderful day, BJ.

8/23/2024 9:31 am  #47

DIANE......I AM SO VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.  SHE CERTAINLY PUT UP A GOOD FIGHT AND A LONG ONE.  ITS A SHAME IT ENDED AS IT DID.  WE WERE ALL WISHING FOR A RECOVERY.  SO SAD. 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/23/2024 9:43 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/23/2024 2:16 pm  #48

I had an eye doc appointment this morning, my eyes are finally feeling less blurry after the dilation. My left lens needs to be lasered, it has junk on it. I get it done September 13. LOL, autocorrect wanted to change lasered to lassoed! 

Another nice day here! Looks like a couple more nice days, then up to 90 for a short time.

8/23/2024 2:56 pm  #49

Somewhere on the way up to PA we got a smal chip and crack in our windshield.  We didn’t hear a thing.  We’ll deal with it when we get home.

8/23/2024 5:28 pm  #50

Diane, deepest sympathy for your J.  May she rest in peace.

Sandra, I love your paintings of the loons and the winter scene.  Your neighbor is very talented.

I know about weird vision after cataract surgery.  I had 6 months of one eye corrected and the other not.  They suggested that I just take the lens out of my eye glasses for the correct eye.  Tried that and it was not good either.  So, not much driving for the entire time.  I am quite satisfied with the surgeries now but it took almost a year to do so.

It has been just lovely weather; I am loving it with no humidity and lots of blue sky and sun.  It is supposed to get close to 90 in a couple of days but I will take what I get.

A friend of Dean's brought us some home grown tomatoes, zucchini, and  sweet corn.  The tomatoes were orange and a low acid type.  They would have made a great soup, but I stewed them and we ate them over small shell pasta.  It was very good along with the corn and zucchini.  I fried the zucchini, so not so healthy but, oh so good. 

8/24/2024 9:34 am  #51

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is pouring outside, I mean really coming down!!  It is 60*.  I really don't have anything to say this morning, just checking in.  Hope everyone is well, take care, everyone, BJ.

8/24/2024 9:51 am  #52

Whoever said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results has obviously never had to reboot a computer.

ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY.  I HOPE THERESA  AND HER FAMILY ARE ENJOYING THEIR TRIP TO MAINE.

JONI.....NICE TO SEE YOU POSTING.  I HOPE THE HEALTH ISSUES ARE NOT TOO BAD.  SOMETHING THAT CAN BE HANDLED WITH SOME MEDS HOPEFULLY.

DEVONNE......I HOPE YOU GET YOUR CAR WORKING RIGHT AGAIN.  IT COULD BE THE BATTERY JUST NEEDS REPLACING.  SOMETIMES THAT'S THE WHOLE ISSUE.  CROSSING MY FINGERS FOR YOU.

TODAY IS SO PRETTY HERE.  LOVELY SKY AND GREENERY ABOUND.  TEMPS IN THE 70S.  OUR NITES DROP TO THE 50S SO IT REALLY HAS A CHANCE TO COOL DOWN.
TODAY I FEEL LIKE COOKING.  I HAVE CHICKEN BREAST DEFROSTED.  THINKING OF A CASSEROLE WITH EITHER TATERS OR NOODLES.  DECISIONS, DECISIONS.
I AM DOING MORE READING LATELY.  I HAVE A TON OF MYSTERY BOOKS TO READ.  3 SHOPPING BAGS FULL SO THAT SHOULD KEEP ME BUSY FOR A GOOD WHILE.
I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/24/2024 9:58 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/24/2024 11:20 am  #53

It was a very unexpected coolness in the air when I let the dogs out at 6:30 am. I stood in the door and breathed it all in....so nice! 

Sandra, I have a mobile repair guy coming by shortly to tell me if it's my battery or the alternator. Any auto store could test the battery for free but I can't get it there and I'm not asking Gary to come take it there. I will pay the guy $25. I just bought this battery in December, so I'm thinking it's not the battery. This guy told me don't ever buy a battery at Walmart. 

Sis' dementia has gotten worse. They found her on the floor Thursday. She forgets to lock her wheelchair. They want her transferred to another facility. Melena thought this was a memory care facility when she chose this place two years ago. She is waiting on a phone call from the facility director to give her some facility names. She is falling more, so hopefully, while it would be another big adjustment for Shelby, it would be a good move. 

Cheryl, those yellow tomatoes sound delicious. I had a BLT for lunch. I buy Hormel precooked bacon from Amazon (72 slices). It lasts me a long time. Sams Club has it, but I don't go there anymore. I was surprised to find out Amazon had it. 

Last edited by DownSouth (8/24/2024 11:27 am)

D e v o n n e

8/24/2024 11:33 am  #54

I have four crepe myrtles. The one in the middle of my azaleas, I am getting Gary to cut it down. I don't like the color and will replace it with a white one.  This one I am training to be a tree, not a bush. Next month I will cut the shooters off at the bottom. 

D e v o n n e

8/24/2024 12:18 pm  #55

Another beautiful day! It was the monthly breakfast fundraiser at the Legion, so Ralph went and got us takeout. Went to the library, we had books in. Then my nephew Mike texted to see if we wanted to meet him and Samantha for lunch. 
They told us their wonderful news, they are having a baby in March! He’s 40, she’s about 38 or so. =26pxWe’re so happy for them! We had a nice visit. 

8/24/2024 7:58 pm  #56

We’re home from PA.  Apparently a stone? Hit our windshield on the highway.  We didn’t hear anything.  It’s a tiny divot and cracks.  You can’t feel the cracks which are less than 1/4” .  It’s high on the passenger side so DH doesn’t plan to do anything about it for a while.  Not sure if it can be repaired or if it has to be replaced. 🤷‍♀️ since it’s a new car a lot of electronics, camera, etc are involved…which makes it a pain to reset.  If that’s the case, we’ll probably get rid of the car and get another.

8/24/2024 8:05 pm  #57

Janet, that happened to us 2 years ago. A truck passed us and kicked up a pebble, which took a trip from my car. We called safelight, they came to our house and filled in the chipped area. Good as new.

Board footera