OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/07/2024 3:49 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY AUGUST 11 ~ SAT AUGUST 17

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/11/2024 12:37 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY AUGUST 11 ~ SAT AUGUST 17

J isn't doing very well.
She is back in the ICU.  Prayers for her, her husband, and her parents would greatly be appreciated. My heart is breaking, but the situation is in God's Hands and His timing. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Have a blessed week!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

8/11/2024 7:47 am  #3

GOOD MORNING!

DIANE, SO SORRY ABOUT THE NEWS ABOUT J. tape CONTINUE FOR HER.

HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL.

I, TOO MISS DRIVING A LOT. WE STILL OWN A CARE. WE USED TO HAVE 2 CARS WHEN WE BOYH COULD DRIVE. WE ARE OAYING DOUBLE INSURANCE FOR YHE 1. CAR THAT WE DON'T DRIVE. IT IS USED AT TIMES WHEN OUR SON DRIVES US TO STORE OR DOCTORS.. MY SIS PREFERS TO  DRIVE US IN HER CAR.

DEVONNE, LOVED YOUR CROSSTITCH YOUR CREPE MURTLE IS SO PRETTY. NEIGH HAS SEVERAL, 1 IS TWO COLORS. GUESS SHE BOUGHT IT GRAFTED. THEY ARE USED A LOT IN THIS AREA. LIVE THEM
MZ. ALWAYS WANTED SEVERAL OF THEM.

Thinking of every one. Prayers...................

PT HAS HELPED WITH DIZZINESS. PAST BOUT WAS PRETTY BAD. LASTED TWO WEEKS.

Last edited by strings (8/11/2024 7:48 am)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

8/11/2024 10:10 am  #4

A boy asks his father, "Dad, are bugs good to eat?" "That's disgusting. Don't talk about things like that over dinner," the dad replies. After dinner the father asks, "Now, son, what did you want to ask me?" "Oh, nothing," the boy says. "There was a bug in your soup, but now it’s gone."

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL  DAY IN THE NORTHEAST COUNTRY.

DIANE......I AM SO SORRY THAT J HAD A SETBACK.  SHE'S BEEN FIGHTING A LONG TIME AND HOPEFULLY WILL WIN IN THE END.  PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS WINGING HER WAY.

LINDA.......NICE TO SEE YOU POSTING.  I AM GLAD THE PT IS HELPING YOU FIGHT YOUR DIZZINESS.  

NOTHING EXCITING HAPPENING HERE ON MY DAY OF REST.  I MAY COOK SOMETHING. DEPENDS ON HOW DEEP I GET INTO MY MYSTERY READING AND MY TV SHOWS I NEED TO WATCH SINCE I'VE RECORDED THEM.

I AM THANKFUL FOR GOOD FRIENDS ON THIS BOARD.
I AM THANKFUL FOR A SUNNY DAY.
I AM THANKFUL FOR MY CHILDREN.

HAVE A NICE DAY MY GOOD FRIENDS.  HUGS QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/11/2024 10:15 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/11/2024 12:28 pm  #5

Low 80’s, humidity down to 40%. We just got back from lunch at Texas Roadhouse with F and C. They leave next Sunday for their 2 week cruise to Greenland. 

8/11/2024 3:24 pm  #6

Diane, sending prayers for J and her family. She's fought so hard. 

Linda, so good to see you posting. It's good you have family that can help you and Darrell. How is he doing? I'm glad PT is helping you. How often do you go?

Holly, we like Texas Roadhouse. Greg invited me this week to go with him and Carter, but it was 8 pm, lol! I don't like to eat that late. Do F&C always go on the same cruise ship?

I need to be at Greg's house at 8:15 am tomorrow. He has dental implant surgery at 9:00. I'll be the designated driver. I'm not an early morning person, so I hope it's not my normal 2-3 am night, lol. 

Sandra, I am enjoying the funnies...thank you!

I am thankful to God for giving me another day.
I am thankful Gary survived when he "coded" in the hospital. I am so very thankful he got SS disability they needed so much.
I am thankful Fall is on the way! 

Last edited by DownSouth (8/11/2024 3:26 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/11/2024 4:39 pm  #7

Devonne, they go on all different ships, but usually Carnival. They like to leave out of Baltimore or Port Liberty. F says he’s done driving to Fla, and they won’t fly anymore. 

Why does he need a driver? When Ralph had an implant, he drove himself. 

8/12/2024 8:02 am  #8

Girlfriend: "Am I pretty or ugly?" Boyfriend: "You're both." Girlfriend: "What do you mean?" Boyfriend: "You're pretty ugly."

MY NEIGHBOR GARDENER TONY BROUGHT ME A DOZEN RED CHERRY TOMATOES.  HE SAID THEY WERE THE FIRST FROM A VOLUNTEER PLANT THAT GREW UP IN MY GARDEN PLOT FROM LAST YEAR.  AND ITS JUST STARTING SO THERE WILL BE MORE OF THEM.

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY HERE.  LOVE THE SUNSHINE WITHOUT THE EXCESSIVE HEAT.
I JUST MADE SOFT-BOILED EGGS TO TRY MY EGG CUTTER AGAIN.  ITS SO EASY THESE DAYS.  PLOMP THAT GIZMO OVER THE EGG AND PUMP THE HANDLE A COUPLE TIMES.  CUTS ALL AROUND THE TOP OF THE EGG AND IS REMOVED WHEN I RAISE THE CUTTER.  NICE AND NEAT.

I TRIED MY LAPS THIS MORNING BUT GOT A BIT OFF-KILTER.  WILL HOPE FOR BETTER LATER.  IN THE MEANTIME I CAN PLAN SUPPER.  I HAVE TRASH TO TAKE OUT LATER AS WELL.

I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/12/2024 8:15 am)

8/12/2024 9:29 am  #9

Only 79 here! 51% humidity. We went to the library to swap out books. When we got home I put together banana bread, which is baking, and chicken orzo soup is in the crockpot. I’ll share the banana bread with neighbor Dave. 
I read a strange book. The house across the lake, by Riley Sager. Widowed Casey is at the family’s Vermont lake house in the fall, drinking to try to forget her husband’s drowning. Out of boredom, she watches the couple across the lake with binoculars. Over days, she befriends the wife, and thinks the husband is trying to murder her for her money. The book is going along great, when there is a huge supernatural twist which kinda yanked me out of the story. It was definitely a strange book. 

8/12/2024 9:35 am  #10

Good Morning to everyone!!  I'm hanging in there!  No energy this morning, but will keep going!!  It is very gray outside, no breeze, totally still.  It is 8:32 this morning, so will quit here soon and go watch TV, nothing else to do!!

Hope all is well with you folks.  Since I have nothing to say, will sign off and move along.  Have a wonderful day everyone, BJ.

8/12/2024 10:43 am  #11

Been a few days, again...We had such a busy last week, for us including two doc visits in one day after my eye doc's suggestion  that I see my Primary for my leg bites.  Was given a stronger rx of steroid cream which  has done the trick.  Sunday, church on line and lunch with Carol and Albert.  We parted fairly soon and I was glad for most of the afternoon here to rest up...for a slower week, I hope.  We are anxiously, awaiting our new glasses that we both needed.  $$$$$! 

Andrew was home, staying one night   between  dinner out here with two of his friends and a visit to another friend in Chicago for the big Air and Water Show. The Blue Angels were featured as they often are.  When Howard worked at the steel mill right on Lake MIchigan, they practiced their routines right there so the mill workers had their own private air show!   

Taxes.   We pay just under $2000/year in two equal May/Nov. payments.  It goes up every year due to these two ritzy subdivisions that are our close neighbors.  At least, that's what I think is the reason.  Low, in comparison to what many of you pay.  It must mostly go for schools, since we have NO perks.  We have a well, septic tank, pay for our own trash pickup  and everything else.  You have to watch everything  like a hawk.  As in, the garbage people increase their charges according to how trusting people are  to believe that the charges are all according to a set rate for each service plus all the add ons for gas and whatever? they can charge for.    Bill's mother, well into her 90's kept getting increases which she didn't understand and therefore kept paying until one of her kids figured it out.  As you can see, this burns my butt!  Newspaper the same.  It goes up $5 or so dollars every 6 mos.  We receive a letter from them and then I call, plead a fixed income and so far, they've lowered it back but always with a $1 to $2 increase for "gas, increased costs, whatever".  I'll take that and am glad for it but it's such a nuisance.  Sorry, got off the subject, didn't I?  

Very late anniversary wishes to Patti and hubby and birthday wishes to Janet.  

Devonne, sent you a PM reply.   

Have a good afternoon, evening, and sweet dreams, tonight.  (Enjoyed the Olympics...glad they're over!)
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (8/12/2024 10:47 am)

8/12/2024 1:05 pm  #12

Today is Ben and Garrett’s birthdays! Ben is 40, G is 9. Seems like just last week that I flew out there for G’s birthday, 5 days before his due date. I was there a whole 6 hours when she went into labor! He was waiting for me. 

8/12/2024 1:34 pm  #13

It's 89 degrees here and the humidity is 42. I think the very high 90's are over...possibly? 
BJ, a lot of us elderly ladies watch a lot of TV, so you are not alone! 

Holly, I had to wait in the back room with Greg until he woke up enough to walk to my car. I had to pull around back and they brought him to my vehicle. He said he got laughing gas and something else and he doesn't remember anything, lol. So glad this one is over for him. 

Judy, sent you a reply.

I am off to rest! The laundry is finished; just need to fold later.

I bought this acrylic paint kit several days ago but still haven't tried my hand at it. I'm hesitant because I've never done it before. I only bought a beginner kit so why am I worried about messing it up, lol? 

D e v o n n e

8/12/2024 6:48 pm  #14

Devonne, is it a paint by number?  Or are  you on your own?  Did anyone here ever do any paint by number pictures?  

Holly, I remember that about Garret's birth.   Can't believe it's 9 yrs. ago.  

Going to watch the PBS American Cook Off...or something like that!  It's the final one, tonight.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (8/12/2024 6:50 pm)

8/12/2024 9:18 pm  #15

Indy, I did paint by number in my teenage years.  The last one was The Last Supper, it hangs in my dining room.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

8/12/2024 11:37 pm  #16

last night was the last of our 1 night stops, we will be n Edinburgh tonight - 3 nights and we leave very early the last morning.

We are all so tired now, this touring is hard work 😄

Scanned quickly to see that things are mostly ok for you all, SANDRA don’t walk far if you’re wobbly (((hugs)))

DEVONNE glad that’s behind him now, good you were able to take him

HOLLY happy Birthday to your guys.

INDY it’s been a busy time for you too, rest now (((hugs)))

Scotland is as beautiful as Ireland. Just different, more rugged. We have seen so much! Today we head to a whisky distillery, see how it’s made. More “lochs” also to see - stayed near Loch Ness last night. Inverness was underwhelming. But had nice walk along the river.

Better get moving, need to finish getting ready for breakfast

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/13/2024 7:46 am  #17

Judy, I did paint by numbers when I was much younger. This is a real "draw it yourself" acrylic painting...winging it, lol. I'm going to try a daisy. The first thing you do is paint the background on a white canvas. 

Holly, I forgot to say Greg had a bone graft and it took 3 months to heal before he could get the implant. Maybe his procedure was a little more complicated?

I have totally let the hummingbirds down this summer, when they needed me the most. Shame on me! 

Last edited by DownSouth (8/13/2024 7:48 am)

D e v o n n e

8/13/2024 8:35 am  #18

AC off, windows open! It went down to 60 last night! 
Devonne, maybe. Or maybe the anesthesia, Ralph only had novacaine. I maybe did paints as a kid? 

It’s international lefty day! Two of my sons in law and I are lefties. It’s a genetic adaptation, non hereditary, 10% of the population across the board are lefties. My mother in law used to say it was painful to watch me write, LOL. 

8/13/2024 9:33 am  #19

Teacher: "Kids, what does the chicken give you?" Student: "Meat!" Teacher: "Very good! Now what does the pig give you?" Student: "Bacon!" Teacher: "Great! And what does the fat cow give you?" Student: "Homework!"

ANOTHER GORGEOUS DAY HERE.

INDY.......GOOD TO HEAR YOU GOT SOMETHING HELPFUL FOR THOSE BUG BITES.

DEVONNE.....WHENEVER GETTING ANY GAS THEY NEED A DRIVER TO TAKE THEM HOME.  NOT SO WITH NOVOCAINE.  HE'S LUCKY HE HAS YOU HANDY FOR A CHAUFFEUR.

I DID A PAINT-BY-NUMBER YEARS AGO.  I REMEMBER IT CAME OUT LOOKING VERY GOOD.  ITS A GOOD WAY TO USE YOUR SPARE TIME WHEN FEELING CREATIVE.

I MADE CHILI LAST NITE.  I HAVE ENOUGH FOR LEFTOVERS IF I FEEL ROCKY AT ALL.  I FEEL LESS ROCKY TODAY SO THAT'S A GOOD THING.
A NEIGHBOR JUST BROUGHT ME A NICE PACKAGE OF SIRLOIN STEAK.  ITS NICE THAT AMONG US WE CAN SHARE BACK AND FORTH AT DIFFERENT TIMES.  I LOVE SIRLOIN.

PLANS TODAY ARE NOT MUCH AS USUAL.  MOSTLY DOING THINGS I LIKE AS IN SOLITAIRE GAMES, A BIT OF READING, AND OF COURSE TV WATCHING.  
BE SAFE MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/13/2024 9:42 am)

8/13/2024 9:41 am  #20

Holly, I'm a lefty too.  My paternal grandmother was as are both my kids, so it's interesting to hear it's actually not hereditary.  What might be hereditary is both my grandmother and ML did/do everything left-handed except both of them cut with scissors using their right hand.  And they were not around each other, ever. 
I've had a pretty easy go of it, only a little teasing.  My first husband used to tell people I was put together backwards, but he should have been one.  His early teachers made him change...mine, never.  And his penmanship was unreadable. I write backhanded  and my writing slants back so I don't turn my hand as many lefties do.   I usually notice other lefties. 

I also did a bit of paint by number when I was first married, (the first time).  I remember a stallion with a raised front leg standing  regally at the top of a cliff.  I thought it was stunning!  Wonder what happened to it?  I was over-the-top OCD about staying in the lines and usually allowed the paint to dry before painting  the portion next to it.  
I've seen magazine pics of rooms decorated with collected ones which was an interesting look. 

Trish,  being an Anglophile, like QB, plus ML's trip pictures from last year,  have really enjoyed your recent posts.  I believe some of your stops are repeats, but that's  always fun, too, to revisit places you've seen.  I'll bet  your kids and grands are counting the days til your home.  

I wasted  yesterday.  Can't do that today.  So, will close and wish you all a good day, and get busy.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (8/13/2024 9:44 am)

Board footera