OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/07/2024 3:50 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY AUGUST 4 ~ SAT AUGUST 10

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/04/2024 5:45 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY AUGUST 4 ~ SAT AUGUST 10

👋

8/04/2024 8:48 am  #3

• “I’d like a bottle of wine,” a woman told her waiter. “What year, ma’am?” the waiter replied. She huffed and said, “Well, I’d like it right now.”

THE SHORT START TODAY SURPRISED ME AND THEN I REMEMBERED OUR DEAR TRISH IS TOURING AND HAS NO TIME.  HAVE A GREAT VISIT TRISH.

DEVONNE.......I HOPE THAT DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING TOO PAINFUL FOR YOUR FURBABY.  THEY SEEM TO HAVE SO MANY ISSUES AS THEY GET OLDER JUST LIKE WE OLDER LADIES.  LOTS TO WORRY ABOUT FOR YOU.

LINDA......SO YOU ALL KNOW LADIES, OUR LINDA HAS ISSUES, ESPECIALLY WITH HER EYES.  WE KEEP IN TOUCH HAVING BALANCE ISSUES TOGETHER SO I CAN REPORT SHE AND FAMILY ARE DOING WELL OTHERWISE.  SHE STILL GETS OUT TO PUTTER IN HER FLOWERS AND SUFFERS THE OUTDOOR HEAT AND RAINS LIKE ALL OF US NOW AND THEN.  SHE HAS A DARLING NEW GREAT GRANDSON AND IS KNITTING FOR HIM WHICH KEEPS HER BUSY, TOO.  LUCKILY SHE HAS A SON THAT LOOKS OUT FOR THEM BOTH EACH DAY AND PLENTY OF GOOD TAKE-OUT PLACES WHEN SHE DOES NOT FEEL LIKE COOKING.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF LINDA.  WE ARE HERE FOR YOU WHEN YOU NEED US AND LIKE ME, THE CREW SENDS THEIR BEST TO EACH OTHER EVERY DAY.

ITS LOVELY OUT HERE TODAY.  SUNNY AND BRIGHT AND WILL HIT 81 LATER SO MY KIND OF DAY.  TOO BAD I HAVE TO ENJOY IT MOSTLY INDOORS.  THOUGHT WHEN I TAKE OUT MY TRASH TODAY AFTER BAGGING MY MEATS FOR THE FREEZER, I INTEND TO SPEND A BIT OF TIME OUTDOORS READING AND ENJOYNNG THE GARDEN.  BEING SUNDAY YOU ALL KNOW ITS MY DAY OF REST.  EXCEPT FOR MAYBE COOKING SOMETHING I WILL BE ENJOYING THE OLYMPIC EVENTS.  WE ARE TAKING LOTS OF MEDALS THIS YEAR WHICH IS SO FANTASTIC.  

MY SON SHOPPED FOR ME AND GOT ALL I NEEDED THIS TIME.  HE TOOK HOME SOUP, CASSEROLE, AND A COUPLE OF ITALIAN SANDWICHES. HE WAS EATING OUT LAST NITE WITH HAVING HER PARENTS VISITING FOR A WEEK.  THEY HAVE A SPARE BEDROOM SO IT WORKS OUT FINE.  THEY LIVE IN THE FAR NORTH OF THIS STATE.

HAVE A GREAT DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 
EDITED TO CORRECT SPELLING ERRORS ONLY.

Last edited by quiltbea (8/04/2024 6:07 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

8/04/2024 11:00 am  #4

Good afternoon.

I have watched some of the Olympics, but not much as like Holly, sports are not my thing.  Dean watches so I keep an eye on them as he has them on.  I thought the entire opening was quite bazaar, but then again, I think they were representing Paris.  lol.  The weather is not cooperating either; lots of rain.

I made some potato salad and deviled eggs today.  We had some sliced chicken breasts to finish.  I like a potato salad made with a vinegar based dressing but Dean does not, so it is mayonnaise based.  It is still tasty in this weather and I like to have a cool dinner.

Gabriel got home last evening from band camp.  Those kids sure had a hot and humid week to march outdoors.  I am sure the leaders had them stay in and practice music in the hottest parts of the days.  It is usually a "long week" for them.  Especially today when kids do not like to go outdoors. 

Trish, my co-worker married a Scotsman and I can barely understand him.  I know my name when he says it but that is all.

8/04/2024 12:00 pm  #5

Linda, I thought about you last night, sending my love.  Sandra, thanks for the update.

Molly's leg is swollen; I think she got bit by something. She's walking normal today. They are both getting up in age. We got Sandy in 2008 and we got Molly in 2011 or 2012. Gracie came a year later.

I like some of the olympics, but don't watch a lot of things. The swimming is my favorite.

Cheryl, I'm with Dean on the mayo base for potato salad. I've never had a vinegar base.

I just got my first ever Tropical Cyclone "Statement" from Alexa effective until 8 pm tonight. No clue what that means, lol. No rain is in the forecast. Maybe it means possible chance of wind?

D e v o n n e

8/04/2024 3:33 pm  #6

Only checking in as it's time to get Howard something for supper.  Some leftover beef and gravy, only enought for one so I'll be eating my "go to"...an egg or two.  
Devonne,  got your answer and replied back.  Forgot to mention Molly's leg.  Sounds like it's on the mend.
Speaking about something biting:  Yesterday, at the Art Fair, I was "attacked" by some odd-looking, rather largish black flies, while just walking along in the grass between booths.    They didn't bite ML.  Glad of that as she is always much more allergic to everything than I am.  But,  I have 12 bites on my left leg and ankle.  They felt like being stuck by  needles but did not have the venom of bees or wasps.  The bites look ugly and are very itchy.  Guess I'll live, though 
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (8/04/2024 3:33 pm)

8/04/2024 6:27 pm  #7

Have you heard of smashing burgers? You don't have to make patties first. You put a small ball of beef on the grill and smash it with a heavy turner. I've done it once on my electric griddle and it works. Would be hard to do in a skillet unless you had a flat one. 

Judy, I bet those were biting gnats (same as black flies). The females need blood to have babies so they were sucking your blood, lol. Their bites do itch really bad. 

I have to get with the program tomorrow! Enough of this laziness..I need to do some housework. I ordered an acrylic paint set. I'm anxious to find a design and try my hand at it. Will be here tomorrow so I'll be up early to straighten up the house.

Here's a picture of my purple crepe myrtle tree. It will be even more beautiful when it gets bigger. I want one of the really red ones. You can't get them locally. I get this purple one from a nursery in Tennessee.

Last edited by DownSouth (8/04/2024 6:38 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/04/2024 7:52 pm  #8

Devonne, I have a couple of red crepe Myrtle’s, so beautiful. The deer love the flowers! 
There’s a chain called Smashburger, and Chili’s has a smashburger. 
We got really heavy rain a few times today. I saw that parts of GA and SC are having flooding. 

8/04/2024 9:24 pm  #9

Sorry i didn’t bump new thread and lock the old one.  I was out of town, just got back.

Have a great week!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

8/04/2024 10:44 pm  #10

I’m up late, just finished my librarybook. The Burning, by Linda Castillo. She writes about Kate Burkholder, formerly Amish, chief of police in a small Ohio town, the town she grew up in. Each book is complete, but there is character development thru the series, so best read in order if possible. Her books are very intense. She’s an author that I request without knowing the plot, knowing it will be a good read. And now I’m off to bed!

8/04/2024 11:43 pm  #11

=19.5pxGood morning, we are in Dublin, crossed over the Irish Sea from Holyhead yesterday, our days have been busy, by the time I get to hotel internet and have some time it’s already bed time, washing our clothes and getting organised for the next day, touring is NOT a holiday, it’s hard work 😄😄

SANDRA thank you!! Hope Linda is OK, I’m glad you got all you needed from shopping.

INDY that sounds like horse fly bites here, they can turn nasty quickly, watch them (((hugs)))

DEVONNE gorgeous plant, I do love crepe myrtle and that’s a pretty colour.

HOLLY thanks for the book recommendation, I will note the name.

We loved Wales, beautiful country, went to Snowdonia, they have a cable car to the top of the mountain, such incredible views, green and gorgeous.

We had a smooth crossing, and explored Dublin city, heading to see The Book Of Kells today and St Patricks cathedral. Some are going to the Guinness place today, (you get a pint of Guinness at the end 😖😖) apparently 7 floors of touring to be done, HE is going, I will stay with the rest.

Better get moving, soon time to head to breakfast and I’m not dressed yet 😱

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/05/2024 7:29 am  #12

• TWO SMILES FOR YOU THIS MORNING.....
  •  
  • Today at the bank, an old lady asked me to help check her balance. So I pushed her over.

• I childproofed my house. Somehow they still got in!

WE GOT RAIN LAST NITE.  ITS SUNNY RIGHT NOW.  NICE DAY.

DEVONNE......YES, I'VE HEARD OF SMASHED BURGERS BUT NEVER TRIED THEM.  ALSO WITH A HUNK OF CHEESE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BALL.  SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD.
HOW IS MOLLY TODAY?  I HOPE THE SWOLLEN LEG IS BETTER.
LIKE YOU, I ENJOY THE SWIMMING EVENTS.  WATCHING A LOT OF THEM.  WE ARE DOING WELL WITH MEDALS.
LOVE YOUR CREPE MYRTLE.  ITS ONE OF MY FAVORITE COLORS WHEN IT COMES TO FLOWERS.  PINK WOULD BE LOVELY, TOO.
BE CAREFUL.  I SEE WHERE DEBBY IS HEADING YOUR WAY. 

I AM DEFROSTING GROUND BEEF FOR POSSIBLY MAKING BUNDIESS FOR MY DAUGHTER THIS WEEK.  I KNOW ITS HER FAVORITE OF ALL FOODS I MAKE.  SHE'LL TAKE ME TO MY DR APPT ON THURSDAY.  IT WILL BE NICE TO SEE HER.  ITS NOT BEEN SINCE XMAS TIME THE LAST TIME I SAW HER OR THE GRANDDAUS.

HOLLY......I THINK ITS WONDERFUL TO HAVE FAVORITE AUTHORS YOU CAN DEPEND ON GIVING YOU A GOOD READ.  I HAVE A FEW OF MY OWN THAT I WOULD READ ANY AND ALL OF THEM.  EVEN AGAIN.

TRISH......IT SURE SOUNDS LIKE A FASCINATING TRIP FOR YOU THIS TIME.  BUSY, BUSY, BUSY.  YOU WILL NEED A VACATION WHEN YOU GET HOME.

BE CAREFUL MY FRIENDS, ESPECAILLY THOSE IN THE PATH OF THIS NEW STORM.  HUGS FOR ALL. QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/05/2024 7:39 am)

8/05/2024 9:07 am  #13

Sandra, here’s one- we decided we don’t want to have children. We’re telling them tonight. 

Our humidity is 82%! High today 93. We went early ish to the food store, around 8:30. We went with a list to the big store, Shop Rite. First time in over a month! Monday is a 5% military discount, so it’s worth it. Got the things I can’t get at Aldi. Now we’re home, house cleaner is coming at 12:30. 

Trish, sounds like a fantastic trip! 
Sandra, Heather is only 30 miles away, and we see her maybe every 6 weeks. Between the job, the kids, and the garden, she’s so busy. Add in the summer, their camper, boat, jet skis and pool. We have a WhatsApp family chat, so we hear from everyone every day. 

8/05/2024 9:08 am  #14

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope all are doing well.  I don't have much energy, but keep on keeping on!!  Just wanted to say Hi! to everyone, so will sign off now.  Have a wonderful day, love, BJ.

8/05/2024 11:11 am  #15

Thanks for the possibilities, Devonne and Trish.  Horse flies here are huge.  These were large but not huge and I only got a glimpse of them as I tried to shoo them away.  Just glad they're only angry and itchy with no other symptoms.  ML and I had separated for a bit.  She showed up and saw my distress but thankfully she didn't get bit.  She, the one who if she pets an animal, forgets and  touches her face, it will immediately swell up. 

Trish, this is quite the trip.  You're getting a wonderful overview of so many places.  And, we're getting to hear about them.  Thank you!  Sometimes, keeping in touch with others is a hard part of traveling.  I remember the obligatory post cards one had to send to those back home.  Mom, a single, mother got to go on a few trips with her boss and his wife, an older couple who treated her a bit like one of their daughters and she sent and then saved when she returned home, skads of cards which we still have.  From the 1940's and 50's.  ML has them.  

I love the ''funnies".  Keep them coming.  We all need a laugh a day, at least.  Sometimes, things ain't so funny around here!   But, even as I say that, I'm a laugher and do find things funny since there's always someting amiss or one of us does some bonehead thing.  

Devonne, You surely have a green thumb.  Your crepe myrtle is gorgeous. As are many of the plants and flowers you share with us.  Keeping my Mother's Day plant from ML alive is about it for me.  Shena and Tom have a huge garden scattered over several plots and I love looking at it from my side of the fence.    

Need to go.  Just got a call from ML and we're going  out to lunch, then on a genealogy mission.   Later...

Indy

Last edited by indyanny (8/05/2024 11:14 am)

8/05/2024 6:10 pm  #16

Molly is doing fine now. Not sure what happened to her leg.

Decided to go thru medicine and throw away the out of date meds. Most was dated 2022, but I had one bottle of cough syrup dated 2017, lol. I started on the vanity and was in there all day. I've got enough mouthwash to last me 3 years, lol. I did finish it; now resting before I fold clothes. 

D e v o n n e

8/06/2024 8:40 am  #17

I’m watching the Weather Channel to see what’s happening with the hurricane. I had a huge pile of several months worth of utility statements, etc, that I went thru and shredded. Ralph is at breakfast with a friend he used to work with. It’s going to be another hot one. 

8/06/2024 9:00 am  #18

• My husband and I have reached the difficult decision that we do not want children. If anybody does, please just send me your contact details, and we can drop them off tomorrow.

HOLLY........THANKS FOR THE SMILE.  IT TOOK ME 3 SECONDS TO 'GET IT.'  THE ONE ABOVE IS FOR YOU.

DEVONNE......I AM HAPPY TO HERE MOLLY IS DOING WELL AGAIN.  SHE JUST HAD A BAD DAY.

BJ......NICE TO SEE YOU SIGNING IN.

JUDY.......YES, LIKE YOU OUR HORSE FLIES ARE BIG.  THEY HAVE BLUISH THICK BODIES AND PACK A PUNCH OF PAIN.

RAIN HERE TODAY.  WE'LL HAVE IT OFF AND ON TODAY.  COOLER TEMPS TOO.  FINE WITH ME.

I DECIDED NOT TO MAKE BUNDIES AFTER ALL.  JUST NOT FEELING IN THE GROOVE.  THEY TAKE TIME AND ENERGY WHICH I HAVE IN SHORT SUPPLY LATELY.  I WILL MAKE SOME SHELLS WITH MEAT SAUCE TODAY AND SOME CHICKEN RICE SOUP TOMORROW.  I AM SURE MY DAU. WILL BE PLEASED WITH THE SOUP AT LEAST.

SALLY THE LIBRARIAN STOPPED IN WITH MY LATEST BOOK.  I ASKED TO GET ONLY 1 A MONTH NOW SINCE MY DAU BROUGHT ME SO MANY PAPERBACKS I NEED TO READ. SHE BROUGHT A JANET EVANOVICH. THE LIBRARY ISE TRYING FOR A GRANT TO TEACH ELDERS MORE ABOUT COMPUTERS AND TO HAVE MORE AVAILABLE TO THEM.  THEY MAY EVEN COME TO THE BUILDING SOMETIMES TO ANSWER QUESTIONS IN THE MEETING ROOM.  ALSO MAY PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION TO THE LIBRARY FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT HAVE PUTERS AND WOULD LIKE TO USE THEIRS.  SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.  I AM PRETTY SET WITH MINE BUT ITS NICE TO KNOW I COULD ASK QUESTIONS AND HAVE SOMEONE EVEN COME TO MY APT TO HELP ME WITH AN LEARNING ISSUE.  I HOPE SHE GETS THE GRANT.

THAT'S IT FRIENDS.  STAY SAFE.  EAT WELL.  TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/06/2024 9:09 am)

8/06/2024 12:16 pm  #19

Good afternoon!
Thanks for laughs friends!  They sure make me chuckle.

It has rained off and on most of the day and is really humid.  I am on the very tip of the storm path and we really need the rain, so no complaints.  My cousin lives in Bonita Springs Fla and said they only had some minor flooding in and around Tampa.  My other cousin lives in Surf City (Near Myrtle Beach) and they are bracing for lots of rain.  Have not heard from her today to see what is happening.

Devonne, that Crepe Myrtle was lovely.  Holly said the deer like the flowers so I most likely could not keep one as we have lots of deer here.  Dean and I watched a big buck in the woods across the street from us last evening.  We usually only see the does and little ones.

I am stuck in a food rut.  Do not really want anything special and surely nothing baked in the oven as it is too hot out.  Amelia keeps asking for homemade beef stew, which is her favorite.  I really don't want to turn  the oven on.   I have had chicken breast every way they can be made it seems, so no chicken for a while either.  I have salad fixings, so maybe I will make cobb salads.  I kept a couple of boiled eggs when I made the deviled ones, so they will be good on the salad.

Sandra, that grant sounds wonderful; good luck to your librarian.  My BIL will not even turn on  his tablet or computer.  Says they just confuse him.  Dean even does their income taxes yearly for them.  I am not a pro but am proficient as is Dean when it comes to computers.
Speaking of BIL, he is back in the hospital.  He is the one who had his colostomy bag reversed and he has not done well with it.  He has had sepsis twice already.  We were very worried that the surgery would not go well for him.  He is 72, diabetic, heart issues and his potassium is always extremely high.  We were shocked that he agreed to do it.  He was OK for two days and now has been sick and in pain for three weeks.  Has been in hospital three times and they "don't know what is causing the problem".  hmmm.

Wishing you all a good day.

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (8/06/2024 12:17 pm)

8/06/2024 12:33 pm  #20

Afternoon my Friends! 

To say I have been busy is the understatement of the century. 

Alex bought his first place.  Hubby and I, along with Alex have been there every day getting it ready for move-in.  The condo was a flip, ie the guy bought it to flip and sell.  Whoever he hired to do the work did an awful job.  I tried to get sticky off his wire shelves, they painted over them and none of my tricks worked.  Bought peel and stick tile and tiled them along with the cabinets.  I have done all the lower ones, still need to do a couple levels of the upper ones.  I have also been scraping paint from windows!  UGH!  The flipper had the workers put the plug-in air fresheners (stinky) in the condo.  We took out 8-10 of them.  It's a 2 bedroom condo, all on one level, one or 2 would have been more than sufficient! Those were unplugged and put outside to be tossed.  

The owner before the flipper left many items that were still there, like a brand new Pyrex measuring cup.  Two new bikes, adult, I took the pink one and Alex kept the red one! They had Fandaliers, We replaced 3 of the 5 with real ceiling fans.  They painted and damaged air vents so those are all being replaced.  Has made a big difference! It's cooler.  One vent only blew down the wall!  Who does that?  We bought the ones that blow in 3 different directions, more efficient!  That's the Alex update.  Official move-in is this weekend! 

Sara had a car accident she is fine.  The car not so much! She was hit from behind.  A construction truck vs her little Nissan Sentra.  The truck won.  It was at a traffic light, low speed, lots of damage.  They told us they don't go through insurance, what a pain.  We went out got 2 quotes.  Both locations said they would more than likely total the car!  WHAT!  The car is fine, the back-end needs replacing!  Only 70,000 miles!  It's a 2017.  We talked to our neighbor who ended up fixing it, without totaling it, Sara drove my car, Todd drove Alex's and Alex and I shared the truck!  Loads of fun!  It was fixed in a little over a week.   The other places said 6-8 weeks to repair! 

Meanwhile Sara is getting weird calls and emails from a company called Amerisure.  Looking at the voicemail transcript and emails we thought it was a scam!  Then I get a call from the constructions sites safety officers boss.  She's trying to figure out what is going on.  Insurance was not a scam, it was legit.  Car is already in the shop being repaired.  I emailed the guy, apparently he doesn't check his voicemails.  Told him to leave Sara alone, I am the owner of the vehicle.  Many emails later I figure out he has no clue about anything much less what had transpired.  Sent 2 emails with "call me".  Next day a third "call me". He finally called.  Told him what was going on, and that we don't want to go the route of totaling the car that runs great!  So they are sending me the money from the lowest estimate!    I have been dealing with this for almost a month!  The construction guys got her trunk open at the accident site, so she could get her laptops out, they have all her research information on them, and anything else that was back there out.  They had to use their tools to close the trunk.  It was bowed so much I could fit my hand into the trunk, with it closed! 

All fixed and waiting on money! 

Mom: We had to move her, she's at another assisted living, best thing we have done for her.  She is thriving there.  I can't remember if I told y'all, the place she was at was bought, and they were going to close it and make it an independent living location!   I did 6 tours in 5 days!  Mom no longer sits in her room all day.  They get her out to socialize!  She can now carry on a conversation since she has something to talk about! 

Luke:  He loves Acadia.  Is applying for a permanent position there!  We will go see him in 2 weeks!  Flying up there! 

Me:  I still do my morning walks, got to, I may throttle someone if I don't.  My life seems to stay on hold all the time.  I do get rare moments to myself.  Like now!  Hubby and I have done a lot to the yard, we changed garbage services that gave us a bin just for yard waste, the yard is really looking better.  Before that we had one bin for household and yard and it was smaller.  So we had to decide each week what the priority was, usually household!  I have worked on my lily patch and pulled weeds and trees out of it, it is looking good.  I have to wait on less humid and hot days, like today, to do this.  The inside of my house looks like a pigsty.  With the Alex move and me having very little time, the house work is on the back burner.  I think once Alex moves I will have time, and since the car thing is, hopefully, almost settled, I will have some of my life back.  I'm only visiting mom once a day, I am that comfortable with her care.  I plan on not going one day a week and see how that goes.  Not yet, but I will get there!  Trying to decide what day is best! 

Now that I have written a small book, you are now caught up with my life!  

Later my Friends! 

Board footera