OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/30/2024 4:00 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 28 ~ SAT AUGUST 3

Tracy, always good to see you posting. 

All my laundry is done and my back is much better. Not sure what is for dinner, maybe a salad, but I have to go buy it first, lol. 

I'm waiting for the traffic to ease up so I can go to Walmart; sounds odd for the small town I live in, lol. Traffic is worse on certain roads with commuters trying to get home, so I avoid those roads. They are building apartments in two different locations so traffic will get worse. I can go the back way to WM, which is good. Always happens eventually to most little towns. "They" have discovered the peace I have had here for 28 years, lol. 

We are under a thunderstorm warning....again?

Last edited by DownSouth (7/30/2024 4:03 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/30/2024 7:55 pm  #22

Devonne, is it commuters coming and going to Atlanta that cause your traffic?  Thankfully, there is not much traffic here either unless we head toward Columbus or Cleveland.  Downtown Akron has some but not much, but it has mostly one way streets and is difficult to navigate.

I made two blocks from the Quilters Cache just to do some sewing.  I made 12.5 inch ones and not sure what I will do with them, so I started a collection box and will add to it.

It was extremely humid and we had several downpours today.  Dean power washed the driveway and the rain helped clean up the debris and soap.  He only does a small patch at a time so the soap does not build up.

Nothing else going on here.

7/30/2024 8:25 pm  #23

Cheryl, we also have the humidity. Every day Alexa tells me we will have tstorms, and she’s been mistaken every day! She was having trouble playing music today, Ralph thinks it’s sunspots. 

Devonne, yes, tent stitch is half cross. I use 3 strands of floss over one on 18 count. Charting Creations, Artecy, and Cross Stitch Studio are my go to shops, they all have Facebook pages and groups. There is probably a group for the designer you mentioned. 

7/31/2024 9:25 am  #24

ITS ANOTHER RAINY DAY HERE WTIH SOME SUN PEEKING THRU NOW AND THEN.  IT WILL BE LIKE THIS ALL WEEK. 
I ROASTED PORK CHOPS WITH TATERS AND CARROTS LAST NITE FOR SUPPER.  I HAVE ENOUGH LEFTOVERS FOR 3 MORE MEALS PLUS FOR LUNCH I PLAN TO HAVE A POACHED EGG ON TATERS.  I ALWAYS LIKE THAT FOR A LIGHT LUNCH.

NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT.  THE USUAL WEDNESDAY NITE BINGO LATER.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/31/2024 9:26 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/31/2024 9:59 am  #25

My kitchen is clean, my laundry is done, so not much to do today.

Alexa tells me that every day too, Holly, but in my case, she's always been right, lol. 

Cheryl, it has nothing to do with Atlanta. It's more people moving here from Douglasville (15 minutes away) to get away from the crime. We lived in Douglasville for 25 years; it's where we bought our first house. Villa Rica doesn't have the roads to support the growth so traffic backs up. There are two lane roads that need to be four lanes. 

I'm going to have breakfast for lunch. Yummy!

Holly, I'm trying to understand 3 strands over one. Is the one stitch a half stitch or full one stitch? The 3 strands is a full stitch, right? 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/31/2024 10:03 am)

D e v o n n e

7/31/2024 10:49 am  #26

Devonne, the one means one square. When using linen and some other cloth, people go over two squares, which would confuse me immensely. Because I’m doing / rather than / then \, I use three strands instead of two so it doesn’t look skimpy. 

We had errands, went to the ATM, the diner for breakfast, the library to pick up books, and Walgreens to pick up his RX. Alexa tells me there’s a heat advisory for tomorrow, yikes! Ralph has breakfast with the Veterans, then he’s going to the movies with his brother, so I can stay in. 

7/31/2024 1:39 pm  #27

Holly, I had to laugh when you gave me your answer. I couldn't figure out why you would want to do one stitch under the main full stitch, lol. It's been a very long time for me...30 years or more. Do you use wax when you put your 3 strands together? The big XS I did was over 4 squares. The swing in the middle was as big as the house, lol. I did finish it, but didn't keep it because it was so out of proportion. 

We got the heat advisory too from Alexa. 90 today and 94 tomorrow. I hope to get out there later today and get my patio mess cleaned up before my lawn guy comes. Can't go out there now because it's lightning. 

D e v o n n e

7/31/2024 1:46 pm  #28

Nope, no wax.

7/31/2024 3:36 pm  #29

SANDRA I am so sorry you are having back issues ((((hugs)))) hateful pain,  so difficult to do anything, rest easy my friend.

Good to see you TRACY I hope BJ remembers to post, just a quick hello each day

DEVONNE & HOLLY you can be cross stitch buddies, 

like most of you I gave away my threads ( not to my daughter INDY so I could get them back 😄😄

Been very busy here, and HOT too hot for England, and it’s busy everywhere. We got to Birmingham late today, just back from dinner.
Today was Winchester Cathedral, Jane Austen’s house and Highclere Castle where they filmed Downton Abbey.  Yesterday was Bath, a drive by Stonehenge and Windsor Castle & Kew Gardens. And almost forgot, Hampton Place - Henry VIII lived there as well as King William of Orange

Quilt show tomorrow and way past my bedtime, hot, tired and ready for bed 😄

Seeing where Queen  Elizabeth & Philip are resting in that beautiful chapel was special.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/31/2024 3:37 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/31/2024 5:57 pm  #30

Our Medicare checkups today went well.  Better than we both expected for Howard.  The doctor feels the kidney function tests that were slightly off are due to  normal changes from the aging process.  He knows and has already curbed the amount of liquids he drinks that he's overdone for years.  They took us in separately this time, something I think should be always done.  What if you have something you'd like the doc to know but it's sensitive and needs to be private?  I didn't and I'm sure Howard didn't  but you still need that opportunity if you both still have all your marbles.  I had nothing new, all the same old issues and same solutions.  However, he did suggest my going to a pain doctor for my back pain.  Gave me a name and it's up to me  what I do about it...

We treated ourselves to our favorite pizza for lunch and before our visit to W-M for Rxs and other.  

It's quite hot and humid here, too.  This weekend is the iconic Chesterton Art Fair and it's always, always hot and humid and miserable!  However, ML and I are planning to go as we love it and hate to miss it.  However...
I may back out and let her go alone or as I often tell her,  IF she gets a better offer, go ahead and take it!  

I'm surprised at the amount of traffic in our home town, too.  And, even more so by the cars on all the side roads we use to get to town.   All my life you had the side roads mostly to yourself.  It's quite aggravating and how dare they?  

Trish, how lovely it all sounds.   Tomorrow, I'm going over to ML's for the afternoon and we're going to re-visit her England and Scotland pictures from their trip last year.  My suggestion.  I saw most of them last year, but I want to see them again and any I didn't get to see and I believe it will be fun for her to see them again.  Her illness put a damper on the trip and her memories of it that I believe will be much lessened now that a year has passed.  Just us two, no hubbies.  Poor Bill.  He'll be booted out of his TV room.  He'll survive, she says...

Going to go and watch some more of the Olympics.  Have a good evening and Sweet Dreams.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/31/2024 5:57 pm)

8/01/2024 4:30 am  #31

The traffic around here has gotten worse too.  Never move into a vacation area.  From May to mid Sept the vacationers are here so the traffic is worse, the stores are crowded and so are the restaurants, and the internet is affected by all the extra people trying to get on line.  DH won’t even go out unless it’s vital.  So I do everything…

8/01/2024 8:02 am  #32

ITS LOVELY OUT RIGHT NOW BUT COULD GET RAINY ANY TIME.  ITS THAT KIND OF WEEK.
I LOST $6 AT BINGO, DARN IT.  NOT MY WEEK.  BUT HAD A GOOD TIME WITH THE LADIES.  THE LADY TO WHOM I GAVE MY FABRIC POTS BROUGHT HER FIRST CARROT SHE HARVESTED.  SLICED FOR ALL TO HAVE SOME.  NOTHING IS BETTER TASTING THAN FRESH FROM THE GARDEN.

TRISH......ITS ARVELOUS ALL THE PLQCES YOU ARE SEEING.  WISH I WERE WITH YOU.  I'D LOVE TO VISIT ENGLAND.  KEEP UP THE GOOD TIMES.

JUDY......NICE TO HEAR YOUR CHECKUPS WENT WELL.  THAT'S WHAT WE ALL LIKE TO HEAR.
NICE ABOUT THE ART FAIR.  IN PORTLAND THERE IS AN ART FESTIVAL ONE WEEKEND IN JULY.  I USED TO GO EACH YEAR AND BOUGHT A PAINTING.  I GAVE MANY AWAY WHEN I MOVED HERE BUT STILL HAVE SOME FAVORITES.  MY FAVORITES ARE ENGLISH GARDENS AND VICTORIAN PIECES.

BJ......I HOPE TO SEE YOU POSTING AGAIN SOON.  LOOKED FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR WORD EVERY MORNING.

I'M DEFROSTING SOME SAUSAGE AND STEW BEEF TODAY.  WILL MAKE THE VEGGIE BEEF SOUP TOMORROW NITE AND THE TATER TOT CASSY SATURDAY MORNING.  MY GUY LOOKS FORWARD TO IT.  YES, HE SHOP FOR ME THIS WEEK AND CASHES MY BUDGET CHECK FOR ME.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  DON'T WANT TO SIT TOO LONG OR I'LL STIFFEN UP.  DID LAST NITE AFTER BINGO.  COULD BARELY STAND UP FROM MY CHAIR BUT MADE IT JUST FINE.'
BE SAFE.  HGUS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/01/2024 8:08 am)

8/01/2024 10:40 am  #33

Heat advisory for today and tomorrow! Upper 90’s. Ralph is at the movies with his brother and nephew. 

Judy, spouses should be separated, because some of the Medicare questions involve asking if you are afraid of anyone in your home. 
I did a couple of blog posts with pix of the 4 Halloween table runner tops I made. I put pix on my family chat so the girls can decide who wants what. No political rants on the blog this week. 

We’re not that close to the shore, about 50 miles or so. But the main freeway from the Philly bridges to the Expressway is a road we use a lot. We know to stay off of it from Friday noon til Monday morning, because it’s bumper to bumper with shore traffic. 

8/01/2024 5:03 pm  #34

I've been to England and Scotland both, today.   As planned, I went to ML's and we looked at all her pictures from there taken last summer.  She took some really good ones and so did Andrew.  Most of the recent novels I've read are set in England and I wanted an armchair tour again.  Thought about Trish and Warwick while doing this.   

Warmed up the leftover pizza from yesterday for supper.  Howard microwaved himself the last two years  (computer insists on changing EARS to years) of corn.  Not exactly a well-balanced meal, but good enough. 

Going to watch more of the Olympics and read the paper.  Have a good evening and Sweet Dreams.
Indy 

Last edited by indyanny (8/01/2024 5:03 pm)

8/01/2024 5:13 pm  #35

Holly, your table runner colors are so pretty!  I do love the fall and the fall colors.  I had to laugh when I read you "couldn't live with the brown checkered squares touching"   I would be the same way.

Traffic is not bad here usually.  This month will be more so, but not too close to me.  Football Hall of Fame festivities, senior pro golf at Firestone, Hot Air Balloon festivals and the county fairs.  So lots of traffic around Canton/Akron area.

We have heat and thunderstorm advisories here too.  92 and extremely humid today.   Not my type of weather for sure.

I took Amelia to get her school supply items today; $125!!! AND we did not get everything.  It is ridiculous for sure.  I still need to get her two containers of Lysol wipes and three large boxes of tissues and quart size zippered bags.  I don't feel like I should fill the cupboards of the school classrooms.  Four boxes of 24 pack Crayolas (list said they would be placed in the supply cupboard for future use.) Yeah, you will use it for anybody who needs it.  I worked in the schools for years and donated lots and lots of crayons, pencils, etc.  Just irritated that it is a must on the list and the child feels bad if it is not purchased for the first day of school.  OK, off my rant.   I am usually pro- school.  lol

I bought a rotisserie chicken when we went into Walmart for some crayons.  It was really moist and delicious.  Glad I bought it.

Trish, so good to hear you all are having a good time in England.  It sounds so interesting.  My nephew is living in England and does not really like it, so it is good to hear your adventures different from his negative reports.  He hates the tax system there.

Nothing else going on, so will sign off.

8/01/2024 7:05 pm  #36

Trish, your trip is so historical...hope you will have some pictures to share with us.

Judy, glad you both had good visits and a good visit with ML. Do you have a trip planned to visit Howard's sister this Fall?

Cheryl, sounds like they are stocking up for runny noses & keeping areas sanitized. If there are 30 kids in a classroom, 3 boxes x 30 is 90 boxes of tissues! Gary said at the kids school you also have to provide snacks for the whole class twice a year...for the entire week! That's a hardship for low income families that struggle providing for their own children!

BJ, looking forward to you posting when you feel like it. Hugs! 

Janet, how long have you been there now...seems like about 8 years? I can't believe I'll be here 4 years in October. 

I hope Theresa finds time to post soon. It's been awhile since she posted, unless I missed it.

Last edited by DownSouth (8/01/2024 7:15 pm)

D e v o n n e

8/01/2024 11:07 pm  #37

good morning from Birmingham, we did the Quilt Show yesterday, it was bigger than Paducah, the quilts were amazing, some of course shouldn’t have been there, 2 in particular were offensive and I’m very broad minded 😖— and we didn’t see all of them, lots of vendors and I got some Liberty of London cheaper than I could at home ( he measured with a long 1yd/mtr ruler, a pattern from Somerset Cottage in Melbourne who were over for the show and a small cross stitch kit to sew on the bus 😄

Today is Stratford Upon Avon and Warwick Castle. Tomorrow we head to Wales.

CHERYL he wouldn’t like Oz either, we have similar taxes, we found it odd to see the price then have to add tax in US 😄😄 just what you’re used to I think

INDY we are really looking forward to Ireland & Scotland, our driver Darren is a Scot, he’s going to wear his kilt the last day for us. Our relief driver is also Scotch and we can’t understand him at 😄 Darren told us even he could na understand him.

SANDRA hope you are sitting easier, sorry about the loss

DEVONNE JANET HOLLY, running out of time to reply, I did read your posts.

see you later, it’s busy on this tour😱😱 time for me to get ready

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

8/02/2024 7:56 am  #38

TIME TO SMILE.......

A man dining at a seafood restaurant asked for a lobster tail. The waitress smiled sweetly and said, “Once upon a time, there was this lobster …”

GOING TO HIT 91 TODAY SO A HOT ONE FOR US.

AS TO TRAFFIC, IN OUR LITTLE TOWN WE GET HIT WITH TONS OF IT IN SUMMER.  WE HAVE THE 2ND LARGEST LAKE IN THE STATE HERE AND ITS PACKED WITH VACATIONERS DURING THE SUMMER.  WE ALSO HAVE A LARGE SHOPPING AREA WHICH I CALL THE SHOPPERS MILE.  THERE'S A COUPLE OF MAJOR GROCERY CHAINS, WALLMART, BANKS, CLOTHING STORES, FARMER'S MARKET, GAS STATIONS, DOLLAR STORE, FAMILY FOOD TAKE OUT SHOPS, PET STORES, GYMS, ALL THE MAJOR FAST FOOD CHAINS, STEAK  HOUSES, DUNKIN, HAIR DRESSERS, PET GROOMING, HOME DEPOT, LOWE'S, TRACTOR SUPPLY, ETC, ETC.  EVEN A MOVIE THEATER.  ALL ALONG ABOUT A 1-2 MILE STRETCH OF HIGHWAY.  BUSY, BUSY, BUSY.  BEST TIME TO SHOP I ALWAYS FOUND WAS TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY.  FRIDAYS AND WEEKENDS ALWAYS PACKED WITH THOSE STOCKING UP FOR VISITORS AND MONDAYS FOR THOSE RESTOCKING AFTER BEING EATEN OUT OF HOUSE AND HOME. 

I AM STILL WATCHING SOME OF THE OLYMPICS AND ENJOYING IT.  THE HOUSECLEANING CAN WAIT.  I DID JUST VACUUM THE RUGS THOUGH.  AND THE FLOORS.  I HAVE MEATS DEFROSTING FOR COOKING VEGGIE BEEF SOUP AND TATER TOT CASSEROLE THIS WEEKEND.  FOR NEXT WEEK I PLAN TO MAKE BUNDIES FOR MY DAUGHTER SINCE SHE IS TAKING ME TO MY REGULAR CHECKUP AND LABS ON THURSDAY.  IT FEELS GOOD TO BE COOKING AGAIN.

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (8/02/2024 8:17 am)

8/02/2024 9:00 am  #39

Devonne- I’m not even sure how long, I try not to think about it.  Seems like an eternity…😞.  We all make mistakes, but this was a doozy. 
   I went to get my haircut this morning.  8:45am.  Walked in and she said, what are you doing here.  I have an appt this morning.  No you don’t, you’re not in the book.  I said, the hell I’m not. I saw you write it in 3 weeks ago.  Nope, she says.  Fine I said, I’ll go somewhere else, this is not the first time.  And walked out. She came out and said, ok , fine I’ll cut it now but you don’t have an appt.  So, after this, I guess I’ll be looking for another hairdresser.  She’s nothing special.  I guess she’s forgotten that I was one of her first steady customers and that I pay cash like she asked for so she could save the CC charge. 
    It is very hot here and humid.  I don’t complain because I dislike the cold so much. 
    I haven’t watched any of the Olympics, except for some excerpts on the news.  I think the whole thing has been in bad taste, unsafe and a detriment to what the Olympics once stood for..
    I think I need a few more cups of coffee…it’s been a rough morning

8/02/2024 11:39 am  #40

I'm headed out to spray off my patio. I'm sure I won't be out there that long. Today is the last day of the heat advisory. 

I told my lawn guy Wednesday my grass needed cutting. Now he says he can't get to it until Sunday. He only charges me $60 (twice a month) and I know he needs the money, so that's why I've kept him for two years. Plus he knows where all my plants are to avoid cutting them down, lol. If he doesn't do it today, I'll be shopping around for a new lawn guy.

D e v o n n e

Board footera