OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/07/2024 3:51 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JULY 28 ~ SAT AUGUST 3

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/28/2024 12:53 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 28 ~ SAT AUGUST 3

Can you believe this thread takes us into August!? 😲 Crazy!

No time to read, but I'll try to get here Tuesday.

Have a great week!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

7/28/2024 6:56 am  #3

Diane- hard to believe!
There’s a break in the heat. I don’t mind the heat so much as the humidity. But after all, it IS summer. The pool water has cooled off to 85. I prefer warmer water, although 92 was a bit warm, lol. DH is already in the pool this morning. He was out jogging and goes in when he gets back. I usually go in then too, but it’s not warm enough for me.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/28/2024 10:43 am)

7/28/2024 9:36 am  #4

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you are all doing well.  I have been a bit down, but feel better this morning.  It is barely 60* this morning, so I'm staying inside.  I really don't have anything to say this morning so will sign off, hoping you are all well, BJ.

7/28/2024 10:55 am  #5

Hi all

We landed in yesterday London at 1.30pm, didn’t get to our hotel till 6 - took a little while to collect our luggage and meet the bus BUT protests in the city and the London Triathlon  meant there were loads of road closures and we had to keep backtracking to get there😄😄 Today was the mens event was.on, more closures, so we took the tube to Westminster and started touring on foot. 

I had to come back around 2, stomach upset, so been back at our hotel. Suspect I’m feeling jet lagged, I feel a little like I’m in the air still ✈️
BJ so nice to see you post, hope you feel better every day.
JANET it’s quite warm here today, at home it’s raining and icy cold 😄😄
Warwick has gone out to have a quick ride over the Thames, there is a gondola just outside our hotel, which is built out onto the water and it’s repurposed (shipping) containers, quite comfortable although very small.  Most rooms here are very small. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/28/2024 11:53 am  #6

BJ, it's good to see your post. You sure do have nice cool weather where you live! Take one day at a time and know you are loved by so many people. Tell Frank we said hello.

Trish, hope your tummy is feeling better today.

Greg and Carter's flight was delayed from Phoenix by almost 3 hours. Instead of arriving at 11:35, they arrived at 2:05 am. I don't know what the delay was. By the time they got their luggage, go to the special area to retrieve their golf clubs, take a bus to their parking area, they probably didn't get home until 3:30. He will call later.

Diane, hard to believe it's almost August and time for the school year to start back. My great grandkids go back August 2nd. 

D e v o n n e

7/28/2024 12:41 pm  #7

OMG, Devonne, that’s so early! My grandchildren don’t go back til after Labor Day, even Eddie in college. Funny how the states are so different. 

It’s upper 80’s here, humidity is lower, only 40%. We just got back from lunch with F and C. 

7/28/2024 1:19 pm  #8

Trish- hope you’re feeling better soon,
   Not sure when school starts here…mid Aug I think. NY starts after Labor Day but they go til around June 22.
    Mr Hyde has been here the past few days.

7/28/2024 2:10 pm  #9

Sandra is still having back issues. She will be posting again soon, so don't worry about her. 

My back is still giving me fits too. Guess with degenerative disc disease, it will only get worse. 

Holly, school normally ends around May 23-24. When does it end in NJ?

Last edited by DownSouth (7/28/2024 2:12 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/28/2024 5:35 pm  #10

Devonne, by law school has to end by June 30. Usually ends around the 20, unless there was a lot of snow days. 

7/29/2024 7:40 am  #11

Being out of the school loop forever, I haven't heard when it starts here. We always started after Labor Day, but now it's mid-August, I think.   The kid next door will be a senior.  I wonder when he graduates if the Highway Dept. will take out the "watch for school bus" sign?  Our driveway is tricky and that sign is what I tell people to watch for. 
Trish, glad to hear you're in London but not that your tummy is upset.     I remember ML remarking about how small the rooms were. 

ML and Andrew surprised us with a short visit on Saturday.   She always calls or texts but they just showed up.
I hadn't expected to see him this time. 

We finally made it to live church, yesterday.  Then home for hot dogs.  "Yum".   

QB, sorry you're having back issues, again.  Hope they're soon resolved.   Take care of yourself.  

You, too, BJ.  Nice to see you back posting.  

Going to get us some breakfast...Have a good day.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/29/2024 7:44 am)

7/29/2024 9:41 am  #12

Sandra is taking a break today from the computer. She has to sit in a straight chair to type and it's not good on her back. 

Holly, we start a month earlier and get out a month earlier, which is good because Greg likes to schedule a trip as soon as school is out. Our cruise in February was during Carter's Spring break. The counties vary here too. Carter goes back Thursday and Caleb/Sadie Grace on Friday.

Judy, that was a nice surprise! 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/29/2024 9:43 am)

D e v o n n e

7/29/2024 10:36 am  #13

Devonne, I wish Jersey schools started and got out earlier. From working in schools for 26 years, I can tell you the kids are done after Memorial Day. You can make them come to school, but they are checked out. And by mid August, they are bored with summer. 

Judy, a bonus visit is always fun! 

7/29/2024 3:53 pm  #14

Good afternoon friends!
My SIL left yesterday for Denver.  Devonne, like your family, she had a long delay of 2 hours just to get on the plane.  It seems in her case that Chicago was holding all incoming flights for one hour and it actually turned into much longer.  She was able to just make her connecting flight from Chicago to Denver, so she did make it home around 1:30 a.m. when she was supposed to be there at 11 p.m.  I do not want to fly anywhere these days.  Anthony and Emmily had a 5 hour layover on their trip from Tuscon last fall.  I am way behind on reading here so I will get to that today.  Since my SIL is a heavy smoker, we spent most of the days out on the patio   Thankfully, the weather was beautiful all week.

The schools in my area all start around the third week of August and go until the end of May or some till first week of June.  Amelia and Gabriel start August 21 while my grandkids in Columbus start August 19.  The kids get a lot of time off during the school years these days.  When I worked, I got 6 weeks off in the summer and had to return the first week of August.  I still miss working.

Holly, you so so right on the kids being done with school after Memorial Day.  The kids  here go back or only 2 or maybe 3 days after Memorial Day and all they do is watch movies or play games.  The final day is a day of make-up for anyone who missed final exams for any reason.  

Sandra, hope your back is feeling better.  Backache is awful.

Devonne, do you have drain holes in the bottom of your plant pots?  I always had Dean drill three or four holes to let the extra water out.

I make that same cole slaw dressing and I also use it for sliced cucumbers.  I just add a little milk (or buttermilk) to make it less thick.  We love it.  I hate raw onion, so I always use the power when I can. 

I think I will go to the sewing room and see what I can get into.

7/29/2024 5:28 pm  #15

Cheryl, I missed putting drain holes in the bigger pots. I should have doublechecked. Greg's flight was going down the tarmac when the pilot had to turn back. The a/c wasn't working so they had to switch planes. I'm glad I wasn't with them this time, lol. I love going to Tucson. There is such a huge variety of food places to eat. We normally get a condo. We rented a house twice...one was on a really nice golf course. 

Holly, do you ever worry about stretching the fabric when using the Q-Snap? Do you buy a roll of XS fabric or get the single sizes? I may try XS again this winter. Sadly, I gave all of my XS thread away and it was all by DMC. I wish I had my XS books back too, lol. Most of them were by Paula Vaughn. 

D e v o n n e

7/29/2024 5:57 pm  #16

​Devonne, I haven’t had any issues with Aida stretching or losing =26pxits shape.Some people take it out of the q snap every day, I only do when I have to move it. I have a lot of pieces of Aida from mom, and I bought a yard to do the big piece. I like 16 or 18 count. Mom and I each had floss, so now I have plenty, but I still had to buy some. And after using pattern keeper, I’ll never go back to paper charts (I hope!)

I hope Sandra is feeling better!  

7/30/2024 8:25 am  #17

THANK YOU MY FRIENDS FOR THINKING OF ME.  YES, I AM FINALLY FEELING GOOD ENOUGH TO SIT AT MY COMPUTER FOR A WHILE.
THANK YOU DEVONNE FOR BEING MY SPOKESPERSON WHILE I WAS OUT OF KILTER.  I HOPE SITTING HERE DOESN'T SET ME BACK SO I WILL BE QUICK.

NOTHING HAPPENING.  I NEED TO GET MY LAUNDRY DONE AND THE VACUUMING.  MY APT NEEDS A CLEANING SINCE I WAS LAID UP SO LONG.  AND COOKING.  I HAVE LIVED MOSTLY ON SANDWICHES.  ITS TOUGH TO DO ANYTHING WHEN YOUR BACK IS ACTING UP.

THAT'S IT FOR NOW LADIES.  I DON'T WANT TO IRRITATE MYSELF TOO MUCH SINCE I AM NOT A HUNDRED PERCENT YET. HOW IT HAPPENED IS A MYSTERY.  JUST GOT UP FROM SITTING AND I LOCKED UP.
STAY SAFE.  THOSE ON TRIPS HAVE A GREAT TIME.  THOSE WITH GOING BACK TO SCHOOL GRANDS,  BE CAREFUL KIDS.  SAFETY FIRST.
HERE THE KIDS GET OUT AROUND JUNE 20TH AND GO BACK THE DAY AFTER LABOR DAY.  HAS BEEN THAT WAY SINCE I WAS A KID.  THE JUNE DATE CHANGES ONLY IF THE SNOW DAYS INCREASE MORE THAN THE TOWNS HAVE ALLOWED FOR THE WINTER.
RAINY WEEK HERE OFF AND ON.
HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/30/2024 9:09 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/30/2024 10:12 am  #18

Anytime I can help, Sandra! And anyone else I can help, of course I will.

Thanks, Holly. I do think 18 count looks much better than 11 or 14 count. I need to learn the stitches. Is a tent stitch a half of a stitch?

My back is better today so I have my comforter in the washer and a quilt in the dryer. This comforter barely fits in the washer. I have a setting for "Bulky Bedding"....I wonder if that even makes a difference, lol. The sheets, pillowcases and waterproof mattress pad are next. It takes 3 loads to do all this for one bed. I don't change the other beds unless someone is going to stay overnight. 

Gary said we would do lunch "tomorrow" which is today, but I haven't heard from him. If he hasn't said anything by 12:30, I'm having leftover salmon patties and green beans for lunch.

I need to take the trash out and start cleaning the kitchen. It's normally the last thing I do before going to bed, but last night I was lazy. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/30/2024 10:14 am)

D e v o n n e

7/30/2024 10:55 am  #19

QB, glad to hear you're on the mend.  Funny about backs--that's often what happens, a simple, familiar move.  Hard to figure out.    If, or if not, the sandwich was invented by Lord Sandwich, they are  great for times like this.  I'm glad I love them.  Howard ate them daily for too many years for work and he's still not a fan.  

Cheryl, sounds like your SIL's visit went well.  Too bad air travel is so tricky, now.  At her age, that was probaby very stressful.  

Devonne, I gave all my DMC thread away, too, but to ML who never used it so I got it back.  Not that I'm planning to cross stitch again but because SHE was never going to be able to use it due to her ulner nerve problems and I just figured at sometime, I would need some for something.  That rationale is probably why I have too much  stuff!   

Tomorrow, we have our yearly Medicare checkups.  I just finished my on-line check in.  Too many personal, "none of your business" questions are asked  which I leave blank and then I never can totally finish it because I can't figure out how to sign it.   But I can do that there, when I check in in person.  Howard's kidney function tests were off some, so I assume we'll get some answers about those.   

Going to get myself some lunch.  Have been on a run of eating a popcorn-flavored rice cake with either cream cheese or ranch dip and sliced tomato on it.  Easy and so good and low calorie. 
Indy   

Last edited by indyanny (7/30/2024 10:55 am)

7/30/2024 11:52 am  #20

Good morning, i'm not used to this format so I'm sure mom has struggled since the hospital stay. Seems there has been an erasure of a few habits and routines.
We had RAIN all day yesterday with no break. filled the birdbath and drenched the garden. Happy veggies and flowers. Still raining off and on today.
OT just left. It's nice to have a visit for both parents back to back. These professionals are so good at what they do. I feel like I missed my calling. I would really enjoy this career.
We went to Bellingham for a drive yesterday to kill time, listened to the Mariner's game and then watched the slaughter at the end. Red Sox are so good!! Baseball games are the highlight of the day. 
I enjoy reading your posts 
Tracy

Board footera