OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/23/2024 5:37 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 21 ~ SAT JULY 27

We’ve had about 4-5 “ of rain over the past 2 1/2 days!  We needed it but not all at one time. lol
   I’m lucky that I have a dedicated sewing room. 
Overslept today, not that I have anything important to do.  Usually by now I’m finishing up at the gym.  Oh well.

7/23/2024 10:41 am  #22

THERESA......HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU TWO.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY TOGETHER.

HOLLY.......THAT WAS A CUTE JOKE.  I LIKED IT.  AND IT COULD BE QUITE TRUE IN SOME CASES.

BJ......NICE TO SEE THAT TRACY POSTED ABOUT YOU.  I HOPE YOU ARE UP TO POSTING YOURSELF EACH MORNING.  WE MISS YOU.  KEEP ON TRUCKING AND GET BETTER.

WE ARE HAVING RAIN, RAIN, RAIN.  ITS EXPECTED NOW FOR 3 DAYS.  I GUESS WE WERE BOUND TO GET IT EVENTUALLY.  MY PLANS DON'T CHANGE BECAUSE OF RAIN SINCE I DON'T GO OUT.  EXCEPT FOR TAKING OUT MY TRASH WHICH WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNLESS I CAN SCOOT IN BETWEEN SOME SHOWERS TOMORROW.

TRIED MY NEW EGG CUPS AND CUTTER.  ITS A LEARNING CURVE WITH THE CUTTER BUT I GOT IT TODAY IN THE END.  SO IT WORKS JUST FINE AND I ENJOYED MY 2 SOFT-BOILED EGGS FOR LUNCH.  I HOPE TO DO BETTER NEXT TIME.  ITS A PLUNGE-AND-PULL ACTION I THINK.  

SHUCKS, I NOTICED I DID NOT HAVE A SPARE BOTTLE OF DAILY VITAMINS IN MY CLOSET.  I THOUGHT I DID.  I ORDERED SOME THINGS FROM TARGET LAST WEEK BUT OBVIOUSLY FORGOT THAT.  IT WAS ON MY LIST BUT I JUST PASSED BY IT SOMEHOW.  COMES WITH OLD AGE I EXPECT.  I WILL HAVE TO MAKE ANOTHER TARGET ORDER.  FREE DELIVERY FOR $35 OR MORE SO I HAVE TO THINK WHAT ELSE MIGHT BE GETTING LOW.  I'LL MAKE A LIST AND ORDER BY TOMORROW.

I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT DOING HAND APPLIQUE LATELY.  I HAVE SOME GREAT PATTERNS FOR A XMAS VILLAGE WHICH I'D LIKE TO TRY BUT ALSO SOME FLORAL ONES.  IT WOULD WORK WITH ME SEWING ON THE SOFA IN FRONT OF THE TV.  I PREFER THE DARK SATIN-STITCHING TECHNIQUE I DO BUT WANT TO MAKE A PLAN THAT MIGHT WORK IN THE SAME FASHION BUT FOR HANDWORK.  I'LL HAVE TO EXPERIMENT.

THAT'S IT FROM ME LADIES.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/23/2024 10:56 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/23/2024 12:39 pm  #23

Holly, I'll try to  keep that in mind!    And, right now we have some hotdogs in the frig! 

Yes, Cheryl, slow stitching is just another name for hand stitching of all sorts.   There are hundreds of examples of it on Instagram, (my only form of social media).    Some endeavors are,  to me,  just time wasters for what they end up with, however, to each his own and the idea is the  slow, relaxing, even  meditative aspect of one stitch at a time on whatever you're interest is, even if it's a"beauty is in the eye of the beholder" finish.  Then, there are the people whose passion is decorative darning or repairing...  Some people make all their own clothing, not from commercial patterns like I did, but more simple, free form things.  And, they look like it!    But there again,  whatever "floats your boat"!  

Trish, how is Warwick?  I can imagine how nerve wracking this turn of events is for you.  Hopefully the meds kick in and you do still have a few days.   

Am off to rearrange my spare bedroom/office.  Things have piled up in there again and it's time to address this.
Wishing everyone a nice rest of the day.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/23/2024 1:54 pm)

7/23/2024 1:10 pm  #24

Judy, Sadie Grace asked if my spare bedroom could be her room and the other bedroom Caleb's. She wants a princess comforter and Caleb would like a Spiderman one. She said they also want a tv in their rooms, lol. I think she is tired of living in an RV. I haven't heard of the term slow stitching, but it makes sense.

My veggie plants in the containers aren't going to make it because of so much rain. More rain all week and next week. Such a mess for 3 tomatoes, lol.

The squash plant. The two squash got 3" long and then shriveled up. This happened before the heavy rains.

Last edited by DownSouth (7/23/2024 2:23 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/23/2024 1:42 pm  #25

Judy, yes, we have a great variety of eateries here. Lots of Italian, both chain and indies. There are at least 10 diners in a ten mile radius of us, we have our favorites. 
Cheryl, I find a lot of recipes on Facebook. Like one, they’ll send you ten more sites! 
I had a dental cleaning this morning, so Ralph went with me and we went to Aldi after. We really like their potato salad, and we needed other things. We got chick filet on the way home. Then I took a nap! 

Dinner is the turkey I defrosted from the last turkey breast. I’ll make stuffing, and we have salad. 

7/23/2024 2:44 pm  #26

Probably the few things I miss about leaving NJ/NY are the diners, good pizza and bagels and Cape May, Wildwood and Lake George.   Nothing like that around here. 
    Sending another finished top to the LAers tomorrow.  You have to love it when a plan comes together. 😊. Now to decide what to do new…another UFO or start a new project?  🤔

7/24/2024 6:24 am  #27

We got another 1-2 “ of rain last night.  The pool is to the top! 
I guess everyone is very busy ?

7/24/2024 10:21 am  #28

Remember me?  Sorry that I'm MIA so much!  I've been so busy, yet feel I've accomplished very little! 🤪

I've scanned just a wee bit and need to take some time to read to see what's happening with everyone.  I gather that BJ & Frank have been ill and/or fell, so I hope they are feeling better! 🙏🏻

Seems Janet is traveling, Trish too, or soon?  I hope you are having fun!  And I hope Warwick feels better soon!

Seems many of you are experiencing lots of rain!

I have to run for now, and I hope to actually read later. Have a great day!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

7/24/2024 11:43 am  #29

We had our excitement for the day at 6 a.m. Loud banging and shouting across the street, Prosecutors Van and lots of police! Even a dog. Owner is Tim, he’s about 50, wife is in her 70’s and her grown grandchildren sponge off them. Lots of comings and goings for a few hours, then they all left. So we speculate they were serving a warrant and searched the place. I got dressed right away in case we were evacuated. When they all left, I went back to sleep on the couch for a few hours. 
Then we had lunch with the retired teacher, and just got back. It’s raining here also, off and on. 

7/24/2024 11:49 am  #30

HOLLY......LOTS OF EXCITEMENT FOR YOU IN THE WEE HOURS.  GLAD YOU GOT SOMETHING GOOD TO   EAT L,ATER. 

DIANE.....NICE TO SEE YOU POSTING.  DON'T FORGET ABOUT US.

DEVONNE.....SORRY ABOUT THE RAIN DOING SO MUCH DAMAGE TO YOU EATING PLANTS.  THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE THEM IN POTS.  TO MOVE THEM TO SAFE AREAS WHEN NEEDED.  LIKE FROM POURING RAIN AND FREEZING COLD.

MY NEIGHBOR BROUGHT ME SOME LUNCH TODAY.  SHE BOUGHT A ROTISSERIE CHICKEN AND MADE IT WITH SOME HAMBURGER HELPER.  I GUESS I'M NOT A FAN OF H. HELPER.  IT WAS OK BUT THE PASTA WAS LIMP...... MAYBE OVERCOOKED?  IT WAS A TOMATOEY VERSION OF SOMETHING.  I ATE IT ALL BUT WOULD NOT BOTHER TO MAKE IT MYSELF.  BUT HER HEART IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE.  SHE IS THE ONE I THINK BUYS LOTS OF FROZEN MEALS AND READY MEALS.  MAYBE NOT A COOK.  NOTHING EVER SEEMS TO BE FROM SCRATCH.  BUT I LOVE THE MUFFINS AND JELLY DONUTS SHE BRINGS US NOW AND THEN.

I ORDERED MY VITAMINS FROM TARGET YESTERDAY.  ALSO SOME ALUMINUM FOIL, TRASH BAGS (THEY CARRY THE SMALL ONES I USE FOR MY KITCHEN TRASH CAN), AND THE QUART FREEZER BAGS MY SON WAS UNABLE TO GET THIS WEEK.  LIKE I SAID, I NEEDED TO ORDER $35 OR MORE FOR FREE DELIVERY.

NOTHING BIG HAPPENING FOR ME TODAY.  JUST HANGING AROUND.  IT WILL RAIN ANOTHER NIGHT AND DAY.  OUR FORESTS NEED IT AND SO DOES OUR WATER TABLE SO NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME.
STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/24/2024 11:59 am)

7/24/2024 2:29 pm  #31

Not much happening here. Did go outside and trim the hedges with a small hand trimmer. I have a hedge trimmer, but the lithium battery isn't working. Greg has an extra one he is going to give me. I could only stay out there for 30 minutes.

I've been researching vehicles and saw the Ford Edge is being discontinued this year so they can focus on EV's. It's a really nice vehicle. My problem is finding a vehicle I can get in easily. I'm only 5' 1" and have short legs with arthritic feet. Hope I will have enough money saved by next Spring. My goal is to pay cash for a vehicle, "if and when" I can do it, lol. I've also looked at the Hyundai Tucson (online only, too hot right now to go test drive). I love their warranty. This is the vehicle Carter's Mom bought. 

Diane, BJ and Frank both had Covid and BJ had pneumonia. How's the new glasses?

D e v o n n e

7/24/2024 3:33 pm  #32

Devonne, I have  a 2017 Tucson and love it. The seat lowers way down, so you should be able to get in. And mine has not only heated, but also AC’d seats! It gets great mileage, too. And I have the huge moon roof, which I love.

7/24/2024 6:40 pm  #33

Devonne, make sure you check with your insurance agent about insurance on whatever you're thinking of.  Some of them have really high rates which can eat into your budget.

Lots of rain last night and more expected tomorrow.  We may have as much as 12" by the end of the week.  If we could only save some for August.  

Oh no, more thunder.  Gotta run.

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

7/25/2024 12:35 am  #34

Good idea for DEVONNE from CAROL  the bigger cars are more expensive to insure than the sedans.  Our Mazda Tuscon and Sante Fe were all more expensive than the sedans we looked at.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY THERESA & TODD hope you got to do something nice today!!

Good purchasing SANDRA you made some good buys, I love to get the "no postage" when possible too.  I do pay for Amazon Prime, so always get fast & free delivery, makes it too easy to shop though.

We are almost done here, mostly packed, and the Mr has not packed enough clothes (for my liking ) Megan will be around later to say good bye, she'll sort him out. He hasn't been firing on all cylinders, making some silly mistakes with packing, and what can go on the aircraft and what to pack in the hold. YIKES he was going to pack cough mixture, can't do that it's a 200ml bottle. Also his small toiletries bag has a small kit of tiny scissors, clippers etc, that's not allowed, He wanted to know if he should take his passport, NOPE .That will be in my secure travel purse, safe from pickpockets. 

I am tired, I need to call Denise again before we leave, might try her again now.
I'll check in tomorrow

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/25/2024 12:36 am  #35

JANET  & CAROL so sorry about the rain you are having, hope it eases up soon!!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/25/2024 8:39 am  #36

Trish- like Carol said, wish we could bottle the rain for future dry spells.

7/25/2024 9:24 am  #37

NOTHNG EXCITING AGAIN TODAY.  STILL RAINING OFF AND ON.  VERY GRAY OUT THERE TODAY.

THE GOOD NEWS IS I WON $3.50 AT BINGO LAST NITE.  I LOVE WHEN I CAN TAKE HOME A BIT OF WINNINGS.  OUR POTS ARE VERY SMALL BUT ANY WIN IS A GOOD THING.

I MUST CONFESS I FELL OFF THE WAGON THE LAST COUPLE OF NITES.  ATE TOO MANY SNACKS.  BUT LADIES, THEY ARE SOOOO GOOD GOING DOWN.  EXCEPT WHEN THEY LAND THEY HIT THE SCALE WITH HIGHER NUMBERS.  I HAVE TO ZIP MY LIPS AGAIN TODAY.  I ALREADY DID MY MORNING LAPS.  ON THE MENU IS A SALAD FOR LUNCH.  SUPPER HAS TO BE LEFTOVERS SINCE I WILL NOT WASTE GOOD FOOD AND I HAVE SOME BURRITO MIX STILL IN THE FRIDGE AND NEED TO EAT IT BEFORE IT GOES OFF.

THAT'S IT FROM ME.  NOTHING OTHER THAN NORMAL PLANS FOR THE DAY.  HAVE A GOOD ONE YOURSELF.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/25/2024 9:30 am)

7/25/2024 1:39 pm  #38

Doors open, fans on, no A/C necessary, today.  I always laugh at the remodeling shows  that immediately tear out the ceiling fans.  We love ours and  find them indispensible.  (sp?)   Am a big loopy today, slept so poorly last night.  I tinker around all the time with the sleepless issue.  Nothing's perfect...

QB, good for you.  Winning a little here and a little there helps the pocket book and the sense of well-being. 
Hope someone offers you a fresh tomato once in awhile.  You were always so generous with what your grew.
I know this sounds self-serving, but I find it interesting that with their huge garden, our neighbors almost never share any of it.  Once in awhile, she sends over a few zucchini that are too big  and tasteless but never anything else. I know, I'm out of line but I had to say it.

Devonne, how disappointing your few veggies got drowned out.  The pics really showed how it was.  I didn't try to plant anything this year.  Never have had much luck in the past.  We haven't even gone and bought sweet corn yet.  Part of our slowing down and not wanting to leave.  I think it's sweet that Sadie Grace wants to stay with you.  I know it's harder with the two of them, though.  Does Caleb scream when there's no one but you as an adult?  As for the car, there wasn't much else you could have done.  Anyway, it would never be in your nature to say "no" to one of your boys.  I always tell my similar friend, Bobbie, not to be a sap, but she could not tell anyone "no".    However, she's a retired nurse and she can be firm with others when it comes to medical things.  

Howard has been going upstairs more.    He's up there banging around right now.  I'll leave him alone and hope for the best!    We meet with our small group tomorrow after a month.  Will be good to be with them and catch up.  I've been asked to bring a pasta salad.  It will be a new I tried once already--small shells; an English  cuke, halved and thinly sliced; halved grape or cherry tomatoes; diced sweet onion and a bit of fresh dill with a mayo or Miracle Whip, vinegar, salt and pepper dressing. 
  It was good and I ate on it for a few days. (Not Howard's "cup of tea".) 

Bon voyage, Trish and Warwick.  We will miss you in your usual form or mode.    Hope you can keep in touch while you're gone as you have in the past.  If not, have a wonderful, lovely time.  Stay well..  

Off to stir up some KFC recipe Cole slaw.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/25/2024 1:40 pm)

7/25/2024 4:33 pm  #39

Judy, Manda has the best cole slaw recipe! Either a head of cabbage or a bag of cole slaw mix. Stir together 1 cup mayo, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar, and a half teaspoon each of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add to the shredded cabbage/ cole slaw mix. So good that it’s ruined me for any other coleslaw! 

7/25/2024 5:52 pm  #40

Like Sandra, I also need to hop back on the wagon. I couldn't resist PF frozen Coconut Cake. Publix had it BOGO...I only bought one! 

I got dressed, makeup, jewelry, etc and decided I was too sleepy to go anywhere, lol. I think it's the weather making me sluggish.

Judy, Hannah came home so he ended up taking her truck, so I deleted that part of my post, lol. KFC coleslaw is my very favorite. I like my coleslaw more dry. Chickfila used to have good coleslaw, but they discontinued it. I only use it to make chili slaw dogs. 

I saw a lady on You Tube that makes cole slaw with no mayo. I didn't watch it, but I will later.

Trish, will be thinking about you. Hope you can relax during the flight.

D e v o n n e

Board footera