OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/07/2024 3:52 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JULY 21 ~ SAT JULY 27

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/21/2024 3:50 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 21 ~ SAT JULY 27

Good morning to you all, my last week home! I am getting a little anxious now LOL

The Mr is still sick, made him an appointment at a local Dr tomorrow, I will drop him there, it's at 11.30am, so time to get a couple doses antibiotics into him before nightfall. He has a sinus infection I think, I also think he needs some Nasonex or something like that to dry up his nose at the back, I think the post nasal drip is making him worse. I could yell and scream, but as Megan says " mum let go, let God" LOL

CAROL I have not heard of the cotton  dolls, sounds interesting, and you are so creative!! I love the ideas you come up with.

SANDRA good for you, a small loss a little at a time is a good thing, and don't give up your treats completely, a little is good and lets you enjoy life, it's too short to be worrying about the little stuff (((hugs))))

JANET I didn't realise you were away, I understand about the quilt shops, there were a few we wanted to see in south of England, and they have closed, we won't be buying much in quilting supplies there, it's all too expensive, my shopping will be Pandora charms for Wales, Ireland and Scotland, a thimble for those places as well if I like them, and not much else. I know we'll need quite a bit of money just to pay for drinks/coffees/lunch, our dollar is pretty poor value, we only get around 50p for each dollar !

DEVONNE sorry I thought that they were doing a Disney cruise, my memory is gone!

INDY you do like your garage sales LOL Poor Howard, he is a patient man!  I am trying to cut back on things, I have way too much 'stuff' and really no need for it, I am glad John feels like he can call on me, hope that never changes, we do have a drink or two, but he is stretching his wings LOL they all do, drinking age is 18 here, BUT they can not have one drop of alcohol if they drive, so he made sure he wasn't going to be driving the next couple days. He was just so funny. Told me he loves me, and he really does love Dean! He's a happy drunk (although he wasn't really that drunk, he could walk a straight line, no wobbles, just happy ) Too funny. My biggest fear was he would tell one of his mates I thought that the mates mum was his nan, I told John I had seen the other nan waiting for him, John was giggling "not his nan, that's his mum, she looks really old" I kept telling him NEVER mention that to his mate. Happened to Warwick one time, one of his school friends told him his grandma was waiting for him it was his mum, he's never forgotten that!

I went to seeing today, figured out that I needed to make my 1/4"  seam a little bigger, only a couple threads, and it's batiks. It's made it the right size, amazing how one machine can differ from another.
 now I can use the little Pfaff .

Did lots of talking as well, the others wanted to know  where we would be. I have to get organised tomorrow, I still need another power adapter and a small extension cord, Julie reminded me about the small hotels  lack of power in the bathrooms, so you need an extension often for the hair dryer, which can  not be near a mirror. And I might need it also for his C-pap machine. 

See you tomorrow!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/21/2024 8:16 am  #3

I did a bonus blog post with a pic of the latest tablerunner top. I put all the floss away from the xs, so I’m done with it, except framing. I’m taking a little break and doing some reading. 

7/21/2024 9:33 am  #4

TRISH......SORRY WARWICK IS STILL SICK.  I HOPE THE NEW MEDS WORK THEIR WONDERS SO HE CAN TAKE THE TRIP WITH YOU.

WE ARE EXPECTING RAIN TODAY SO I TOOK OUT WHAT TRASH I HAD.  I WILL HAVE MORE WHEN I SORT MY MEATS INTO FREEZER BAGS BUT I CAN MAKE ANOTHER TRIP TOMORROW.
I WALKED THRU THE GARDENS.  THEY ARE LOOKING SO PRETTY WITH ALL THE FLOWERS.  AND THE VEGGIE BEDS ARE DOING SO WELL.  LOTS OF LITTLE GREEN TOMATOES GROWING OUT THERE.

MY SON SHOPPED FOR ME YESTERDAY.  THE STORE WAS OUT OF THE QUART-SIZE FREEZER BAGS I USE FOR MY MEATS.  LUCKY ME I ALWAYS HAVE SOME BACKLOG SO I AM OK FOR MAYBE ANOTHER MONTH OR TWO.  HE COULDN'T FIND THE RANCH SEASONING EITHER.  I TOLD HIM IT WAS IN SPICES AISLE BUT A FRIEND TOLD ME SHE FINDS IT IN THE FRENCH AND ITALIAN DRESSINGS AISLE.  THIS INGREDIENT IS IN ONE OF THE CASSEROLES I WANTED TO TRY.  I WILL NOT WORRY ABOUT IT.  I HAVE SEVERAL OTHER RECIPES ON HAND.
ANYWAY, WE HAD LUNCH TOGETHER AND THEN HE TOOK HOME TATER TOT CASSY AND SOME ITALIAN SANDWICHES SO HE WAS A HAPPY CAMPER.  

ITS MY DAY OF REST LADIES.  I HAVE LOTS OF RECORDED TV SHOWS TO CATCH UP ON TODAY.  I GUESS I SHOULD FIND TIME TO DO MY LAPS AND EXERCISES THOUGH.  

BE SAFE MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/21/2024 9:39 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/21/2024 11:16 am  #5

Just put borders on another quilt…so off it goes to the quilters this week.
Also,got back yesterday, one of the 3 I sent to the LAers. 😊. Still on track…lol.

Carol, so sorry about all the hurricane issues at your place.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/22/2024 12:29 am)

7/21/2024 1:23 pm  #6

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. We are under a flash flood warning today.

I just heard Biden dropped out of the race. I only mention it because it is the first time ever this has happened in the USA. It's history.

Today is a TV day for me too. I did make the bed, do a load of laundry and went and bought groceries. I made my list on the Walmart app (like I was doing pickup). As I put the item in my cart, I deleted it from the app. I knew what I was going after, but I did buy some things not on the list. Doesn't that always happen, lol? 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/21/2024 1:25 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/21/2024 8:42 pm  #7

=26pxQuiet Sunday on the board! Facebook is full of posts by people stranded by the computer thing. Ralph was trying to explain it to me. I told him I appreciated him trying, but all I heard was blah, blah, blah. 
Lots of posts by women doing the Midlantic shop hop. Many traveling hundreds of miles! 

We sent out for pizza for dinner, and he also got a cheesesteak. Tomorrow we’re predicted to get tstorms off and on. 

7/21/2024 8:43 pm  #8

Hi there, I'm well, just going through a difficult time.  Will try to get on here tomorrow and catch up a bit, BJ.

7/22/2024 12:44 am  #9

JANET you are on a roll, I should ship some of  my things to you, they'd be finished in no time!! 

DEVONNE that was a good idea to shop! I like it, my app for groceries MAY do that, I'll check it out, i usually shop on the iMac, and pick it up. Otherwise it's a notebook and pen and a written list LOL

SANDRA I love that he does your shopping and gets his payment in food, And I bet he loves it too,  nothing like mum's home cooking! Hope you enjoyed your TV day.

HOLLY have you started framing the XS, it is so pretty, the powers that be here are saying we might have some hiccoughs for a couple weeks with the outage, so glad it wasn't our flight night, our bank and Qatar were not affected, but the transport system was, we could have been stuck on a train!

BJ we know you haven't been feeling up to par, good to see you check in (((hugs)))

I have started putting things out to pack, not clothing yet, that I will lay out and put outfits together, this is raincoat tissues, my "safe" handbag/across body bag. Sanitiser, meds etc. It's all on the end of the dining table. 

It's been sunny here, a good day to get a few things washed, and now brought in. The Mr went to the Drs, his chest is clear, and he has to use Dymista to help clear his nasal drip, and stop using the cough mixture, she said it's not doing any good, she gave a script for antibiotics, but said he shouldn't need them, he is already getting better. Now to just stop him coughing.

I haven't sewn today, but I did contact my brother, he and I chatted a little till he said he better not be too long his wife was watching a movie - Hopefully now I have his mobile number I can chat a bit more with him, she is a bit of a controller with our side, she kept giving me HER mobile number to speak to him, NOPE he's my brother, not going through her. Why are families so difficult, i gave his number to my sis as well, he had changed it so  the only way we could get him was via Facebook and  that wasn't an option, or messenger, which I did use.

I can hear coughing, he spent a long time out today chatting with someone -  out in the cold, honestly, what do you have to do to make him understand it's the cold affecting his asthma.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/22/2024 4:53 am  #10

Trish- when I finish mine, lol, I’ll start on yours. 
   I don’t know how you pack for your trips?  I have trouble once it goes beyond 3 days. 
    Well, be careful what you ask for.  We have had about 2-3” of rain in the last 48 hours and it’s still coming down.  Of course, I have to go out and it’s pouring.  I think I’ll wait a bit.

7/22/2024 5:01 am  #11

Devonne- actually Lyndon B Johnson  also decided not to run for a second term, due to his VietNam War debacle.  The difference being that he was not the presumptive  presidential candidate.  There hadn’t been any primaries yet.    Not political just historical comment.

Last edited by Missmommy (7/22/2024 8:57 am)

7/22/2024 9:15 am  #12

Hope everyone is starting their week off happy, well and relaxed. Hope BJ and Frank are doing ok.

I am Sandra's diet buddy! I weighed this morning and lost almost 3 lbs. this past week. I was already at this point in January, then blew it after our Feb. cruise. Was eating everything I love, but didn't need, now starting over. The story of my life, lol. 

Janet, I know that but I was referring to in the middle of a campaign, four months before the election, it has never happened. 

Trish, don't wear yourself out before the trip. Packing and making sure you have everything done can be so stressful. My Publix app has a "list" function where you can add what you want to buy. You can also remove things you decide you don't want. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/22/2024 9:21 am)

D e v o n n e

7/22/2024 9:43 am  #13

Trish, I’m glad he saw the doc! C stresses so much about packing, she starts a month before. 

I spent an hour or so in the sewing room, did another table runner top. I’m determined to use up all these charm packs that I bought years ago. Decided to clean the bobbin area and oil, dropped one of the tiny screws. Ralph came to the rescue with a flashlight- I was afraid to move- and found it. 

BJ, lovely to see you! 

Ralph got routine labs drawn, and we shared the rest of the breakfast leftovers when he got home. Now to decide what’s for dinner.

Trish, I have to Google and find a frame place in my area. I used to use AC Moore, but they closed. 

Lawn guy just pulled up. He does several houses on our street, parks and drives the lawnmower from place to place. One of those you stand up on. He does in a half hour what would take Ralph all day, so worth the money. 

7/22/2024 10:13 am  #14

THE RAIN WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GET YESTERDAY NEVER SHOWED BUT SHOULD COME TODAY.  JUST A DAY LATE.  I HAVE NOWHERE TO GO SO I'M OK WITH IT.

YES, DEVONNE AND I ARE COUNTING LBS TOGETHER.  I WAS DOING WELL BUT UNFORTUNATELY ON MY DAY OF REST I RESTED TOO MUCH AND HAD TIME TO SNACK AND I DID TOO MUCH OF THAT SO I VETOED STEPPING ON THE SCALE.  I WAS AFRAID TO SEE A GAIN AFTER LOSING 3 LBS.  I WILL HAVE TO PLAN TO DO SOMTHING ON SUNDAYS TO KEEP MY FINGERS FROM FOOD.  MAYBE ITS A GOOD TIME TO THINK ABOUT SEWING INSTEAD.  I MIGHT GIVE IT A TRY NEXT SUNDAY.....IF I REMEMBER.

I RECORDED A MARATHON OF SUE THOMAS F.B.EYE YESTERDAY AND WATCHED A FEW INTO THE WEE HOURS LAST NITE.  WILL WATCH MORE TODAY.  I THINK I GOT 16 OF THEM.  SHE'S DEAF WITH A HEARING DOG, A SMART AND LOVELY GOLDEN RETRIEVER.  LOVE IT.  SHE IS ACTUALLY A DEAF ACTRESS.  ITS FROM 2002 AND 2003.

THE COMPUTER PROBLEM SURE MESSED UP OUR AIRLINES.  A FRIEND OF MY DIL WAS FLYING IN AND CAME A DAY LATE BUT SHE GOT HERE. 

I GOT MY EGG CUPS WITH THE CUTTER GIZMO THIS MORNING.  I THINK I WILL TRY THAT TOMORROW MORNING FOR BREAKFAST.   THE CUTTER SHOULD LOP OFF THE TOP OF THE EGG EVENLY AND CLEAN.  WE SHALL SEE.

I GOT MY STOVE CLEANED THIS MORNING AND ALSO SCRUBBED MY KITCHEN SINKS.  I PLAN TO KEEP BUSY WITH ONE THING OR ANOTHER TODAY WITH RESTING IN BETWEEN.  JUST TAPING MY LIPS SHUT WOULD SURE HELP I THINK.

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (7/22/2024 10:19 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/22/2024 11:38 am  #15

Just finished my latest diet lunch.  In this area, Daisy has two new dips, French onion and ranch that are delicious,  No preservatives and to me, they taste fresh and like they were just made.  Wonderful with kettle chips, but that's not good on the scale.  So, I tried a rice cake, butter popcorn flavor, with a tomato slice and a smear of the ranch dip.  Delicious.  I find that if you can find something you like on rice cakes, they're a low-cal base,  35 calories apiece.  

Trish, yes, I've always loved yard sales.  Actually this was the only one I've been to all summer and likely the only one I will.  So, just a special treat.  Howard is "happy" in the car reading and would have been interested in nothing.  So we were both good and it allowed our generous lunches to settle a bit before the big grocery shop.  Howard declare to anyone who will listen that HE doesn't like to shop, shop and never does so, but there are certainly a lot of things delivered here all the time and they aren't mine!  

QB, I know you prefer to sew with your machine, but is there any one thing you like to do by hand?  I'm rather intrgued by the slow stitch movement and find since I don't want to set up and mess with my machine, it fills the bill for me...even if I just talk about it or check out videos.  I do a lot of talking about things I never get to.  

BJ, good to hear from you.  You and Frank have been on all our minds, here.  We're so glad you're home, again. 

LIke you, Holly, I need to figure out something to make  with my small chicken tenders.  Last time, I marinated  and simple sauteed them.  At least they had some flavor.  But, then what else??? is always the question.  Jersey sounds like it has the best diners,  and other good eating places.  Lucky you...all we have around here are hamburger joints and endless pizza places, and Culver's, Howard's fave.  After turning up my nose at it, I've decided at least they have many choices and are very clean and we don't get into a fuss over where to eat.  Oh well...

Going to go. ML stopped by on her way home and we sat out on the front porch and caught up a bit.  Andrew was home yesterday to go to the county fair with some of his school friends.  Having him home always perks her up.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/22/2024 11:55 am)

7/22/2024 2:42 pm  #16

Hi ladies. We just finished PT for both mom and dad. Our girl Josie is so good and has been coming here for years. She has seen all stages of healing and is very attentive. I ordered the devices for wearing around the neck for future peace of mind.  Our summer has taken a break. It was so hot and uncomfortable, now for 2 days we haven't seen much sun at all. We have to be very careful what we wish for. Still thankful that we have no severe storms.
Trying to reintroduce the habits from before the hospital stay. I'm hoping to get mom on here daily. 
 Tracy 

7/22/2024 2:44 pm  #17

Judy, I just saw a meme that said Tornado Warning! In case of a tornado, put hot dogs in your pocket to ensure the rescue dogs find you! LOL! 

7/22/2024 3:54 pm  #18

Cloudy and humid today. Not really rainy, but just yucky.

I had my routine labs and thankfully they were all much better or the same.  My A1c went to 5.8, so that was a great change.  I am walking more and really trying to watch the sugar intake, but I do indulge some days.  Just keep the portions small.  Devonne, like you, it has been the story of my life since puberty. 

Dean's sister is coming to visit from Denver tomorrow.  She will be here for a week.  I like her well enough, but would rather not have a visitor (especially one who smokes) for a week.  She does go outdoors to smoke but she makes me nervous as she is on oxygen and still smokes!!  She is 75 and said she is too old to quit now.

Made a recipe I saw on facebook with chicken tenders, garlic and honey.  It was just ok, if a little sweet for me.  It was pan fried and was easy to do, but will not make it again. I get so tired of trying to figure out what to cook/fix for supper.  Aaron tells me I need to get an airfryer.  He uses it often.  Anybody here use one?  I am just afraid it will be one more kitchen appliance I do not use. 

I put some binding on my latest donation quilt because I will not sew for a week since my SIL will be sleeping in my sewing room.  I think I will work on some different blocks for a while.  I am bored with making small child quilts for now.  I do also make some pillow cases for a charity that gives to many local hospitals and organizations but I don't really like to make them either.  So, some different blocks it will be.  Judy I never heard of slow stitching?  Is that just hand sewing?  I have not done any hand stitching.

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (7/22/2024 3:56 pm)

7/22/2024 3:56 pm  #19

Thanks, Holly.  Glen worked in a meat packing plant during a summer college break.  He will not touch hot dogs, but he is glad to see there is a use for them!  We both laughed.  I do eat hot dogs, and he is not allowed to tell me what is in them. 

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

7/22/2024 6:35 pm  #20

Has anyone heard of the group, Lifein3D? They are 3 siblings from Tempe, Arizona. I watched a few of their videos on YT and their harmony is amazing. They can also play different instruments. 

Tracy, it's always good to get an update from you. 

Carol, Billy's brother worked in a chicken processing plant in Oklahoma and Billy never would eat chicken. I don't care to know what his brother told him. 

D e v o n n e

Board footera