OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/10/2024 4:59 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 7 ~ SAT JULY 13

Carol must be frustrated and generally hot from the humidity and heat! And no electricity means no charging of devices. 

Devonne, my original goal was 300 stitches per day, which depending on the confetti could take an hour or 3 hours. Depending on what else I have going on, I’ve done anywhere from 200-1000 per day. 

Cheryl, that’s a long time for a crown! I’m glad you finally got it. 

Bunnies are about the only thing we don’t have around, due to the cats. We have groundhogs, skunks, possums, raccoons, turkeys, and deer. The deer like my crepe Myrtle and the turkeys like my blueberry bushes. 

Were due for Tstorms tonight, maybe Janet will get some?

7/10/2024 10:46 pm  #42

Tracy just posted on Facebook. She was away, and got a call that BJ had fallen and was taken to the hospital. Rhonda was with her at hospital, Tracy called Frank, and he was ok. She called again, and he had fallen too. They both have Covid and BJ also has pneumonia. Yikes, good vibes to both.

7/11/2024 4:10 am  #43

HOLLY thanks for letting us know, I hadn't seen that on Facebook, sending good thoughts to them all 

SANDRA being more relaxed makes for a better night at Bingo, I'm glad you have met your new neighbour.
It's quite cold here, I would gladly some to you if I could, especially to Texas 

JANET yikes, I do hate those hot nights, must be dreadful for Carol right now. Too cute about the bunnies, They must feel safe

DEVONNE I love the cartoon, got a laugh at that one!! I'm glad things are doing OK with you

HOLLY wow, almost finished, do you have another one ready to start. How long to do that last 5%??

INDY the recipe sounds quite easy, but I worry about adding the hot milk to the eggs, I don't want scrambled eggs LOL I guess going very very slow to add works, I think I'd have to add small spoons at a time, I tend to rush!

CHERYL good news on the tooth, I am glad you found some backing. I don't like piecing it either, Although I have done a few times lately.

I crossed off a few more things on my list today, the air tags came, as well as my toll replacement tag. I got a new drink bottle, broke the lid of my favourite expensive one, found an almost identical one, and only $9, also found some slippers for his sis, she has such heavily bandaged feet and legs it's hard to find any, they should be here by the weekend, I just have to hem the 4 pairs of track pants I got her, and he will take them up when they meet staff for a case conference. 

The girls at training were shocked at my car LOL they were also impressed by the cost and time it took, a few are going to get theirs done.
I got some more pounds today, so I won't need too much more in actual cash.
Megan & Gary had their 20 Yr anniversary yesterday, they went to a local restaurant for a degustation dinner of 12 courses, she took pics of each course, said the service was amazing and the food incredible, the chef/owner also has his own wines, they have been there before quite a few times and he will often come out for a quick chat. 
I can't believe it's been 20 yrs, Gary posted on her pic of them  "do I get parole now" I answered "ask  again at 52 yrs"
LOL

I made a huge pot of chicken veg soup yesterday. Took a couple containers to our coaches for lunch, Suzana usually takes our group classes and Sara joined us today to workout as well, they had both not packed their lunch today, so were glad of it.

Almost bed time. Tomorrow is take up the track pants, I already did the hem on his jeans, maybe I'll get to sew a little as well.

Wishing CAROL power back on tomorrow and  BJ & FRANK a fast recovery (((((((hugs)))))))))

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/11/2024 4:48 am  #44

I’m on a roll. I just sent off two more quilt tops to my LAer.  So they have 3!  I have another almost done, just needs the borders and I need to find a back in my stash or buy one. I only use 108” wide fabric for my backs.

7/11/2024 11:35 am  #45

LATEST ON CAROL........STILL NO POWER.  A NEIGHBOR HAS A  GENERATOR SO ALL ARE CHARGING THEIR PHONES THERE.  IT WAS 93 YESTERDAY AND 81 RIGHT NOW AT ONE PM.  BETTER OUTDOORS THAN INDOORS.  SOME GROCERS ARE OPEN BUT ICE AND READY-TO-EAT FOODS HARD TO FIND.  SOME RESTAURANTS ARE OPEN AS WELL  GAS STATIONS ARE PACKED.
VERY LITTLE PHONE SERVICE THOUGH AND NOT MANY TEXTS MAKE IT BUT SOMEHOW SHE CAN TEXT ME IN MAINE.  I WILL KEEP HER AND YOU ALL POSTED.

Last edited by quiltbea (7/11/2024 11:39 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/11/2024 11:54 am  #46

Facebook update from Tracy. bj and Frank are in the same room, both on O2. BJ also had a small heart attack, and is on meds. 

7/11/2024 12:01 pm  #47

THANKS HOLLY FOR THE UPDATE ON OUR BJ AND HER FRANK.  ITS BEEN A TOUGH WEEK ALL AROUND ON OUR ODT.  PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS NEEDED AND SENT FORWARD.

CAROL ALSO SAID SHE IS ON THE LIST FOR A WHOLE-HOUSE GENERATOR ON GAS BUT THE WAITING LIST IS LONG AND EVERYONE IN  TEXAS SEEMS TO NEED ONE THEY ARE SO TIRED OF THE POWER OUTAGES.  I HOPE SHE GETS ONE BEFORE THE NEXT BIG STORM.

CHERYL.......YOUR SIL MUST BE IN THE SAME BOAT.  NO POWER.  I HOPE ITS COOLING DOWN WHERE SHE LIVES AS WELL.

MY LAUNDRY IS IN AND I AM DONE AT THE BAR-B-Q.  THEY HAD A LOT OF GOOD FOOD TO CHOOSE FROM.  GRILLED OUTDOORS HERE WERE BURGERS, HOT DOGS BOTH REGULAR AND RED ONES, KIELBASA  AND CHICKEN BREASTS.  THERE WAS POTATO SALAD, VEGGIE SALAD, SLICED VEGGIES LIKE TOMATOES AND SUCH, PICKLES, AND THEN THERE'S WATRMELON, CHIPS, CAKE AND COOKIES GALORE.  I CAME HOME WITH A GRILLED BREAST AND 5 COOKIES.  THERE WAS PLENTY LEFT OVER.  THAT SHOULD HOLD BE OFF A BIT.  I STILL HAVE LEFTOVER PEPPER STEAK TO FINISH SOON.

AFTER LAUNDRY I WILL JUST HANG BACK AND WATCH TV AND SNACK.  I NEED TO FINISH A BANANA SO THAT'S CALLING FOR A BANANA SUNDAE FOR DESSERT.  MMMM, LOVE THEM.

HAVE A GOOD DAY FRIENDS.  HUGS QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/11/2024 12:05 pm)

7/11/2024 1:01 pm  #48

I'm so sorry to hear the news about BJ and Frank, will put them on my prayer list.

Lynn finally had her PET scan this morning but won't get the report for a few days.

I am helping in the office at Vacation Bible School this week.  My part doesn't take a long time but I stay for the full 2 1/2 hours because I invited my great niece and nephew.  They are preschoolers and their parents are more comfortable leaving them there knowing that I am available if there is a problem.  They do not attend my church so do not know many people there.  So far, they have been fine.  Our VBS is in the evening, many of the teachers and other helpers come straight from their jobs.  So the kitchen committee provides an evening meal (with a lot of food donations from the congregation) for all the workers.  Last night, one of our members who spends three months every winter in Florida and does a lot of fishing while there, fried fish for everyone.  His wife fixed baked beans and mac/cheese to go with it.  With about 160 kids coming, we have about 50 workers so it takes a lot of food.  The kids also get a very nice snack so the kitchen committee has a lot of work.  Besides the Bible teachers and craft leaders, workers include several men who are our "security detail,"  many teens who help wherever needed, three people who lead music with the individual classes, and several young men in charge of outdoor recreation.

7/11/2024 2:10 pm  #49

I don't go to Facebook often anymore, so didn't see the message either. Will keep BJ and Frank in my prayers.

Marylou, it's good you feel like helping at VBS. Prayers for a good report for Lynne.

Feel so sorry for Carol. She should come to Georgia. I have two extra bedrooms and a/c! If I remember right, her sister lives here too? The heat is sweltering and with the humidity, so dangerous. I'm sure there are power companies from other states there to help. Yesterday the news said 1.2 million were still without power and a town called Sargent could be without power for two weeks! 

Cheryl, it's good to see you posting more. Glad your crown is finally in! I only do straight line/diagonal lines machine quilting. I tried free motion several times and it's too complicated. Those who are pros at it amaze me with their results.

Trish, congratulations to Megan and Gary on their 20th anniversary. I love what you said to him, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/11/2024 2:14 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/11/2024 3:50 pm  #50

Prayers for BJ and Frank.

Prayers for Carol and Glen as well.

Thinking of everyone PRAYERS..............

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

7/12/2024 9:20 am  #51

ITS A LOVELY DAY HERE IN MAINE.  SUNSHINE.  NOT TOO HOT.  I HOPE THE DAY IS BETTER FOR OUR GALS.  PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS CONTINUE.

NOTHING EXCITING FOR ME.  USUAL CLEANING, COOKING, READING, WATCHING TV.  JUST NORMAL.

HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING WELL.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/12/2024 9:24 am)

7/12/2024 2:08 pm  #52

Thinking of BJ and Frank. Hoping Carol gets power soon.

I got the laundry done; one more load to fold and a few things to hang up. Working on the kitchen now. Worked on the pantry the last two days. Found some hooks to hang up the grill utensils. They are huge & don't fit in a drawer. Threw away out of date spices.

Today is Hannah's 29th birthday. I rarely see her, no card or gift this year. I sent her a text message. It's not how I like to do things, but I've tried and I'll leave it at that. 

My lawn guy came today and it was overdue. My little girls didn't like going out in the tall grass. Molly tries to avoid it. Now I don't have to force her in the grass, lol. 

Gary gave me some very small peaches his neighbor gave him and I made some peach ice cream. I put them in my Magic Bullet and pureed them. Yummy good!

Janet, who did you make the quilts for that you sent off to the LA'er?

Last edited by DownSouth (7/12/2024 2:12 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/12/2024 4:31 pm  #53

CAROL UPDATE.......STILL NO POWER.  THEY COULD DRIVE MILES AWAY TO SAN ANTONIO TO STAY SINCE NOTHING CLOSER.  BUT THE DOG IS BLIND AND WOULD NOT TAKE WELL TO SUCH CHANGE AND TRAVEL.  THEY WILL STAY HOME.  MAY GET POWER BY SUNDAY BUT STILL NOT SURE.  THEY ARE ON THE LOW END OF THE PRIORITY LIST.

Last edited by quiltbea (7/12/2024 4:32 pm)

7/12/2024 4:35 pm  #54

Waiting for some chicken tenders to marinate.  We snacked this afternoon, so no big rush for 5 o'clock supper.
I stretch that most days, anyway.  Otherwise, you're starved by bedtime.  
Hoping to hear some good news from the Kimball's.   So sorry about them.   Nice they can be in the same room.

A/C so important.   I wonder if she can replant her crepe myrtles?

Trish, I never thought about possibly  cooking the eggs with the hot milk   I've always added it bit by bit, mostly because it splatters easily.  Evidently the other ingredients act as a buffer or cooler.  Haven't made one for a long time, though.  

Mary Lou, have fun at Bible School!    When I was a young mom/worker, I used to come home utterly exhausted and that was always in the morning.  So far Lynn has had good results.  Praying those continue.  Guess this is her last test for awhile, right?

I had a call from my DIL Pam yesterday.  We hadn't talked since Christmas, so had a lot to catch up on.  She told me her crockpot fell off the refrigerator when she opened the door and came crashing down on her head.  It knocked her to the floor and she just laid there and cried.  Fortunately, Danny arrived home about 5 mins. later and it turned out that she was in pain, but no concussion or worse.  She said it was terrifying.  She had a doctor's appt. the next morning, told her about it and she checked her over and said she seemed to be okay.  One never knows, do they? 

I spent most of the day trying to find and correct the mistake Howard made in the checkbook.  Since his stroke, he sometimes enters something more than once. I asked him if he is distracted by the TV and he said No.  It's so unlike him and he does balance it every few days, not once a month like I used to after receiving the statement.  Together,  we found the exact amount we're off.  He'd entered $26.39 three times, one charge had cleared and we added back the other two  and we're still off $26.39.    
Better go...I have some fresh mushrooms to saute and add to the chicken and already cooked rice.  We'll see how this turns out.  A great cook I ain't!   Recipe or no recipe.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/12/2024 4:43 pm)

7/12/2024 5:25 pm  #55

Devonne…I send all of my quilts to the LAer…and only quilt for myself. I don’t gift any. I did a few times many many years ago but I swore never again. I could tell more if interested.
Still waiting for the predicted rain storms…the sun is out. 🙄

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/13/2024 4:07 am)

7/12/2024 5:41 pm  #56

Sending prayers to BJ and her Frank.  So nice they are together.

Trish, I had not heard of a degustation (sp?) dinner.  I had to look  it up!  I really don't get out much.  But it sounds fun for sure.  Such elegant food.

Judy, I LOVE mushrooms in just about any form or dish but nobody in my family likes them.  I still sometimes sneak them into my spaghetti sauce cause I like them so much.  Dean just pushes them aside  and eats the sauce.   Deep fried mushrooms are a favorite from my childhood.  My uncle would forage for the morel mushrooms and we would fry them up.  yum.

We have been fortunate with our weather here; some hot and humid days but mostly just summer heat.  A friend lives in Visalia California and said it was 101 at 8:30 last night.  She is originally from here so she said she is "so over the heat".  Oh my, I could not stand that for sure.  Katie's parents live in Irvine, California, and they keep a pretty steady temp of 70-80 with a light ocean breeze; nothing like my friend is getting and she is just a few hours north and inland from them.

Do any of you order from the Chinese company TEMU?  I ordered some light weight summer baseball type hats for less then $3 each and Dean and I love them.  So light and airy and they have a longer sun shading bill.   I am going to try some kitchen  gadgets next.  I was leery of putting in my credit card info but it worked just fine and have had no issue to date.  Joyce, my friend, ordered some silk flowers and they are beautiful and about 1/10th the cost of Joann's or Michels.

Made some frozen fish filets and a salad for supper.  Also purchased a pound cake and some strawberries for dessert; no cooking for me

Devonne, I just do straight line quilting too.  Tried to stipple and it looked OK but I don't like a heavily quilted quilt.  They are too stiff to me.  Since I donate every quilt that I make these days, I do not pay to have them quilted.

Holly, we have all the animals that you listed; in fact we have too many skunks!  They seemed to have had a population explosion the past couple of years here.  We used to hear coyotes and they took care of some of the pesky wildlife, but have not heard them for a while now.  They must have been killed or trapped.  I hear the raccoons all night long.  They seem to fight amongst themselves a lot!

Take care all.

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (7/12/2024 5:46 pm)

7/12/2024 8:42 pm  #57

Cheryl- I like dense quilting.
I have heard mixed things about Temu. I prefer not to give the China my business.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/13/2024 4:06 am)

7/13/2024 12:15 am  #58

Hi Ladies, left mom a bit ago at the Hospital. She thought I was coming to sweep her away and bring her home. Doesn't realize how sick she is. Isn't that great! She's so sweet. Stuck in a room with dad! Says he never shuts up. So funny!!!!!
Pneumonia, heart attack and Covid, dad and Rhonda; covid too.I wiped this place down as soon as I got here and threw everything in the laundry. Poor Rhonda stayed here to be close and tend to Elly. Tired. Off to bed.
Carol, take care. Goodness !!!!   

7/13/2024 4:28 am  #59

TRACY thank you, I am so sorry they all are sick, as well as the heart attack ((((hugs)))))

CHERYL I didn't realise the degustation was not known there, they are only small serves, but beautifully presented, and so interesting with the different ingredients. I love mushrooms too, I could eat them every day, I cook them as Jamie Oliver showed one time, sliced in a pan with a little butter and olive oil, salt and pepper, cook till the liquid comes out, then cook more till they sizzle LOL they are so, so good. 
I don't use Temu, I prefer to use other companies, like JANET I prefer not to give my details to the country, same reason I wont use TicToc. I realise you can be scammed anywhere, just don't trust that particular one LOL

SANDRA a quiet day is a good one, what did you watch, I do like the McDonald & Dodds series, I will go back to that, might download some for the plane trips. Your temps are perfect to me, just my kind of weather.

DEVONNE Happy Birthday to Hannah!!, I understand about the long grass, it's so long next door I don't know how their (or hers) can get onto it, He's still not back after  he was taken away for domestic violence, he's not jailed, but not allowed back home, she wants him back - stupid!!! He didn't actually hit her, was just throwing things around, yelling and screaming - enough for me, I wouldn't let him back.

INDY I didn't get to try the recipe, I want to do it, I have the perfect Bundt pan, sorry about the cheque book, at least we don't have one for him to mess up, I do all our banking, tried to teach him, but he says he will learn when he has to !

JANET I have too many quilts at home now, I need to pass them on, I won't give to just anyone, some people just wouldn't appreciate them. Megan doesn't want me to give any away LOL too many to keep here now!

I got some horrid news a few hours ago, my dear friend from babies (our mums were best friends) and we went to school right through high school, we meet up for lunch when we can. Her husband died this afternoon, he just dropped in the street just near their home, they live across from the beach on the coast south of us. She had just home with the groceries and wondered why he hadn't come out to help. She heard ambulance, then another, went to look to see, and as she got nearer realised it was Graham, lovely guy, he must have had a heart attack, totally unexpected, and she is in shock, her daughter and family and her son and his family are with her now, she didn't want either Mary (the 3 of us have grown up together ) or me to come down. I'll call her again on the morning, think I'm in shock too, he's same age as us, he was born Feb 1948, Warwick in April, Mary and I later '48 and Denny early '49. Can't even think of anything else right now, just feel so helpless, nothing I can say can really help. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/13/2024 4:31 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/13/2024 9:22 am  #60

TRISH.....SO SORRY TO HEAR YOUR GOOD FRIEND LOST HER HUSBAND AND SO QUICKLY.  THAT MUST HAVE BEEN A SHOCK FOR HER AND THE FAMILY.  IT MAY BE BETTER THAN A LINGERLING ILLNESS BUT STILL A TERRIBLE SHOCK. I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN HIT HARD.  HUGS.

JUDY.....I CHECK MY CHECKING ACCOUNT ONLINE EVERY DAY TO BE SURE MY CHECKS ARE CLEARING AND TO KEEP MY BANK STATEMENT UP-TO-DATE.  ITS SO SIMPLE TO DO WHEN I LOG ONTO MY COMPUTER AFTER I STOP HERE AND THEN CHECK MY EMAILS.  3RD ON MY DAILY LIST.

JANET......I CAN PROBABLY GUESS ABOUT THE GIFTING QUILTS. I GIFTED MINE TO FAMILY INCLUDING SPECIAL HOLIDAY QUILTS LIKE FOR XMAS AND HALLOWEEN AND FOR SPECIAL INTERESTS LIKE BASEBALL, ETC, EVEN TO AUNTS AND UNCLES AND NEVER HAD AN ISSUE TIL MY LABOR-INTENSIVE QUEEN QUILT IN SPECIAL COLORS FOR MY SON AND DIL WAS USED AS THE PICNIC QUILT ONE TIME.  I WAS ASTOUNDED THAT SHE WOULD USE IT LIKE THAT.  ACTUALLY, IT CAME TO NO HARM IN THE END BUT THEY NEVER GOT ANOTHER QUILT TIL AFTER THEIR DIVORCE WHEN MY SON GOT 2 FROM ME.

I FELT ROTTEN YESTERDAY AND GOT NOTHING DONE BUT TODAY I AM FEELING GREAT.  TEMPS HERE ARE IN THE 80S AND SUNNY.  LOVELY DAY FOR OUR VACATIONLAND, ESPECIALLY HERE IN THE LAKES AREA WHERE I LIVE.
I WILL MAKE THE PIZZA TONITE.  AND THINK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE TO COOK THIS WEEK, A CASSEROLE OF SOME KIND. 

THAT'S IT LADIES.  DULLSVILLE HERE.  SORTED MY PILLS AND SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE WEEK AN DID MY MORNING LAPS IN THE HALLWAY.  
HUGS FOR YOU ALL.  PLEASE BE CAREFUL.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/13/2024 9:29 am)

Board footera