OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/08/2024 4:53 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 7 ~ SAT JULY 13

Prayers for Carol.  My SIL lives to the east of Houston in Luftkin and they got hit pretty hard too.  Lots of trees down, no power, etc, but all are OK so that is what matters.

I am not one to go on a shop hop either.  Just not my thing.  Like, Holly, I have too much fabric now and am determined not to buy any until this is used up.  I have been doing pretty good with that for the last year.  I am having some issues finding enough fabric for backings though.  I know I can piece them but that is not my favorite thing to do.  I have been looking at sheet sets to buy but those things are really expensive, so I will make do with what I have.  Last time I was in an actual quilt shop, I was with Kelli.

7/08/2024 5:50 pm  #22

UPDATE ON CAROL.......GOOD NEWS.   NO FLOODING IN HER NEIGHBORHOOD

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/09/2024 4:19 am  #23

Thank you SANDRA for letting us know CAROL is OK, that is a big storm, takes some big power to uproot those trees. They have strong roots YIKES, So glad CAROL & Glen are OK.

I am so glad that Matt does these things for you, I envy him with his wish to live in Italy, it's a gorgeous country, it's actually quite cheap to buy a nice property in some of the small villages, the Amalfi coast is not so cheap, but I'm sure places could  be found just near the coast. 

INDY I forgot about the Hot  Milk Cake, so I looked it up after I read your post, it sounds easy enough, might try it out! Thanks for the reminder. I agree that having the other half stay home is sometimes better, if they don't enjoy it, you have a better time. 

Those quilt hops are not something we do here, I remember seeing the pattern and THERESA doing one when we were in the USA - it was in Portsmouth, cute pattern, and they had some very unique fabric in that store, all sea type things, light houses etc. Very nice, I made Ruari a quilt out of it. 

I go to our LQS  at least twice a month - usually - our lessons are there LOL There used to be so many more, but many have closed down, a big one I used to love went bust, we can still use our Spotlight (like Joanns I guess) 

I had the car detailed today, it's amazing, what a great job they did, some little scratches are now gone, people opening doors on me, and sometimes me with my keys in hand, near the door, tiny little ones, but they aren't there now, it looks brand new, I was impressed, and only 1 hour, I got back from training, got everything out of the car, I had some shopping bags, my yoga gear and boxing gloves in there.Then dropped it off, there is a cafe right near it, so I had a brunch there, it was really good too, picked up my protein powder from the Fitness studio above the cafe and then picked the car up. I was going to go to the car dealer as well, but will do that tomorrow.

Warwick hasn't noticed the car, wonder when (or if LOL ) he will. 

One of our girls has been away for a while, so messaged her today, she gets a little down at times, so wanted to let her know I was there if she wanted company. 

Like most of you, I need fabric like I need a monsoon above me !! I doubt I'll buy anything on our trip, the fabric and notions are quite expensive in England, but we will visit Pandora, and maybe get a charm in a few places for a souvenir, AND I want to get a thimble in Edinburgh, they have a cute one at the Tattoo store. We also found a place in Edinburgh that makes small purses/clutches, you do it in a class, you select the tartan you want, and they have it all cut out, so basically just put it together with those big stud type things, looks cute, and if we have time a few of us would like that. Not cheap, think it was about 65 pound ( A$130)
  I can't find the pound sign LOL 

It's cold again now, it was quite a warm night last night, I had to get up and  walk around the house to cool off. Temp is now dropping, W's friend rang him last night, he and his wife just got back from UK and Ireland, he said it was cold there, and he only had one jacket, honestly, didn't he check the weather before they left, at the moment it's a bit like our winter days and nights, I can't understand people who don't research or prepare for a trip. 

And someone said it, YEP it's me who does all the ground work, gets the insurance, pays and makes sure we have things like ponchos, cash, camera, chargers for everything  etc., he would have to if I wasn't here, but he takes advantage, THEN says to someone it's lot of work preparing to go away !!!!!! I think he means telling Pete - again - what fuel goes in the mower, and seeing that  the lawn is done before we leave LOL 

I draw the line at packing for him, I may make  suggestions on what he should take, but won't pack LOL 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/09/2024 9:21 am  #24

I GOT A NEW NEIGHBOR YESTERDAY.  I WENT OVER AND INTRODUCED MYSELF AND TOLD HER TO ASK IF SHE NEEDS ANYTHING, SUGAR, EGGS, ETC.  ALSO TOLD HER ABOUT OUR BAR-B-Q ON THURSDAY.  SHE HAS A CAT.  SHARON SEEMS LIKE A NICE LADY.
MY SON SHOPPED AND GOT ALL I NEEDED.  I FORGOT TO GIVE HIM MY NEW PIZZA CUTTER.  ITS ONE OF THOSE NEW-FANGLED LONG ONES THAT SORT OF ROCK BACK AND FORTH TO CUT.  I FIND IT TAKES MORE STRENGTH THAN IN HAVE TO DO THE ROCKING.  I WILL STICK WITH MY OLD-FASHIONED ROLLING BLADE CUTTERS.  BESIDES, I MAKE 2 SMALLER RECTANGULAR PIZZAS INSTEAD OF THE ONE BIG CIRCLE LIKE MATT DOES.

ANOTHER NICE DAY HERE BUT WILL BE HOT.  EXPECTING 91F TODAY.  FOR US THAT'S SWELTERING HEAT.  I AM GLAD I TOOK OUT MY TRASH TO THE DUMPSTER YESTERDAY.
I HAVE TO SORT MY MEATS FOR THE FREEZER TODAY.  AND MAKE A NICE FRESH SALAD.  I LOVE THAT WHEN I GET MY FRESH VEGGIES. I ALSO GOT SOME NICE LINK SAUSAGES THAT I WAS CRAVING SO THAT, WITH SOME TATERS, WILL BE GOOD FOR A MEAL.  THE MINI-WATERMELON I THINK I CAN CUT MYSELF.  I FORGOT TO ASK MATT TO DO IT FOR ME. 
I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE SHOWS, BEACHFRONT BARGAIN HUNT AND LAKESIDE BARGAIN HUNT AND THE RENOVATION SHOWS FOR SAME.  IS IT FALSE ADVERTISING WHEN THE BEACHFRONT HOME IS A MILE FROM THE WATER?  I THINK SO.  MANY OF THEM ARE BLOCKS FROM WATER.  I SAW ONE SHOW WHERE THE HOUSE WAS A 10-MINUTE DRIVE AWAY.  YIKES, THAT'S NOT BEACHFRONT OR LAKEFRONT IN MY BOOK.  BUT I ENJOY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHICH HOME THE FAMILY WILL CHOOSE AND FOR THE RENOS, HOW THEY WILL FIX IT UP.  SOME ARE SO MARVELOUS ITS AMAZING. 

LOOKS LIKE AN EASY DAY FOR ME.  THE USUAL WILL HAPPEN SO I WON'T REPEAT MY DULL LIFE BUT JUST SAY AGAIN, I ENJOY MYSELF.
HUGS FOR ALL.  BE SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/09/2024 9:27 am)

7/09/2024 9:45 am  #25

I was up around 8, and we went to IHOP for breakfast. I got this huge special- eggs, hash browns, sausage, bacon, ham, French toast and pancakes. It will feed me for 3 days! Ralph got an enormous omelet that he’ll get a few meals from. When we came out it was so humid that our glasses fogged up! 

F and C are doing a Baltimore to Greenland cruise next month. 8 sea days! We’re not ready to cruise yet. 

I did a new blog post with pix of the xs, now 94.5% done, qsnap moved for the final time.

7/09/2024 10:03 am  #26

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is nearly 70* and very still.  I'm not feeling great this morning so will just laze around.  My housecleaner is due here any time.  She just drove in!!

I'm going to sign off and go sit in my chair.  I don't have anything to say, so will sign off.  Have a wonderful day, everyone!  BJ.

7/09/2024 1:07 pm  #27

Hope Carol's power comes on soon, knowing how hot Houston gets. My power went out for 2 hours this morning. No storms, just an incident. I always get quick texts about what happened & after it's restored. 

Holly, there is an IHOP in Carrollton. I never think about going there. I do love their pancakes and they have good coffee. They were breaking ground for one here, but didn't follow through with it. Same happened with Long Horn. The guy went up on his land price & they backed out.

D e v o n n e

7/09/2024 1:41 pm  #28

GOOD AFTEERNOON!

THANKS FOR UPDATE ABOUT CAROL. 

SANDRA, YOU ARE GETTING A NEW NEIGHBOR AND WE ARE LOSING A VERY NICE FAMILY. WILL HAVE TO SEE ABOUT THE NEW NEIGHBORS. 

HOT AND HUMID HERE. HOUSE THERMOMENTER READS 96. YOUCK.

BJ, HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER. NICE YOU HAVE A HOUSECLEANER.

HOPE J KEEPS ON IMPROVING. PRAYERS CONTINUE FOR HER.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS.....................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

7/09/2024 5:41 pm  #29

100* on our outside thermometer in the shade. And 58% humidity. 
We have 3 bunnies in our yard.  One is very friendly. I talk to him and he doesn’t run. He’s a better listener than DH. 🤣. He looked so hot today even though he was laying on his side. I got the water sprayer and sprayed him.. he seemed to enjoy it. Even tried to catch some of the water in his mouth.  lol.  Made my day!

7/09/2024 5:48 pm  #30

OUR TEMP WAS 90 THEN IT RAINED A LOVELY SHOWER AND IT DROPPED DOWN TO 74.  LOVE IT.  REST OF THE WEEK MID 80SF.  MUCH EASIER TO HANDLE.

CAROL REPORTS STILL NO POWER AS OF 3 THIS AFTERNOON BUT TREES ARE CUT UP AND SITTING ON THE LAWN.  SO SOME HEADWAY AT LEAST.  

HAVE A NICE EVENING FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

7/09/2024 9:33 pm  #31

Almost midnight and 90*:

7/10/2024 8:54 am  #32

Hoping Carol has her power back.

7/10/2024 9:17 am  #33

JANET........THAT'S NICE YOU HAVE A BUNNY FRIEND.  TREAT IT NICELY.

HOLLY......YOUR XSTITCH IS LOVELY.  I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT FINISHED.  WHAT DO YOU DO WITH IT WHEN ITS FINISHED?  FRAME IT OR HANG IT?

ITS BINGO NIGHT SO I HOPE TO COME HOME WINNING A LITTLE.  I KNOW I WILL ENJOY IT REGARDLESS.  I DIDN'T REALIZE HOW TIRING IT CAN BE 'CALLING' BINGO.  NOW I RELAX AND ENJOY IT AND NO ACHES AND PAINS WHEN I COME HOME AFTERWARDS.
TODAY I PLAN TO MAKE SOME POTATO SALAD.  I HAD A BIG VEGGIE SALAD YESTERDAY AND SOME LINK SAUSAGE.  MMMMM SO GOOD.  I HAD A CRAVING.  TONITE I HOPE TO MAKE A PEPPER STEAK SANDWICH AFTER BINGO.  I USE N Y SIRLOIN SO ITS ALWAYS VERY TASTY AND TENDER.  WITH SWEET PEPPERS AND ONIONS.  I DON'T ALWAYS HAVE THE PEPPERS, BUT ALWAYS HAVE ONIONS.

ITS ANOTHER NICE DAY HERE AFTER THE RAIN SHOWERS YESTERDAY.  ITS IN THE MID 80S TODAY WHICH IS MUCH NICER THAN THE 90S.  I STAY IN MOST OF THE TIME SO IT MAKES LITTLE DIFFERNCE TO ME WITH MY A/C GOING.  WE ARE BLESSED WITH THAT WONDERFUL INVENTION.
I KEEP LOOKING AT MY SEWING MACHINE WHEN I GO PAST IT AND THINK ABOUT SEWING.  MAYBE I WILL SEW SOON.  CROSSING MY FINGERS.  I HAVE A COUPLE OF DOORHANGINGS TO FINISH.

NOTHING ELSE OF NOTE LADIES.  SAME OLD, SAME OLD.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (7/10/2024 9:19 am)

7/10/2024 11:15 am  #34

Housecleaner Lisa made her monthly visit, everything is sparkling. After she left, we went to Aldi and then grabbed lunch. It’s 92 out, and I’m in for the day.
Sandra, I’ll have it framed. 

7/10/2024 12:06 pm  #35

Holly it's beautiful and even more so in person, I know.    Carol and Albert like McAlister's because they are perpetually on the keto diet  so they always split a salad.  For me, it'll probably be the stuffed potato when we go again.

Trish, glad you looked up the hot milk cake recipe.  That's what I recommend for the rest of you if you're interested.  It's a bit like a sponge cake, with fewer eggs and easier.  It was me who mentioned you (and ML) doing it all for a trip.  She also packs for Bill, but it doesn't irritate her.  Wouldn't work here.  I'd surely never get what he wants.  Learned that early on when he traveled for work for ten years.  

We need to take the Honda to the repair shop this afternoon.  It most likely needs new brakes Then I get to launch myself up into the pickup for the trip back home after stopping, inevitably at W-M.   Oh boy!   So off I go...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/10/2024 12:08 pm)

7/10/2024 12:30 pm  #36

I found out I did pay my HOA dues. Gary said I told him I used my last check from my old bank to pay them. I couldn't check as I no longer have access to that bank account's statements. It sure would be easy to forget to pay them. Next year I'll put a notice on my fridge, lol!

Janet, how cute you have a bunny friend! Is he/she still around?

Holly, looking forward to seeing your XS framed! Have you worked on it a little every day? You sure are finishing it in record time. 

Had hip & knee x-rays today. The good news is there's very little arthritis in my hips. I have bursitis...inflamed bursas. This causes the tendons down your legs to tighten and causes pain. I got a cortisone shot in my left hip. I do ok on short walks (like in grocery stores), but no long walks. Walking thru an airport would be painful for me. My left knee is a lot worse than my right knee. She said there's a lot of arthritis, so I got a 2nd cortisone shot. I go back in a month. I have exercises to do at home for my hips and knees, but she said she would send me to physical therapy if I can't do these at home. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/10/2024 12:32 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/10/2024 12:42 pm  #37

D e v o n n e

7/10/2024 1:17 pm  #38

CAROL STILL WITHOUT POWER ON DAY 3.  THEY ARE HOT AND FRUSTRATED.   PLEASE SEND ALONG YOUR PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS HER WAY.  ITS MIGHTY HOT DOWN SOUTH.

7/10/2024 2:11 pm  #39

There are actually 3 bunnies. A large jack that hangs out in the backyard, this once who is appropriately named Bub-Bun, we’ve watched him grow for months now and he is still small and a very small one I’ve named Nugget. He is a bit leery but doesn’t take off on a tear when I come out. I say “he” because I don’t know.
100* now. Wish it would rain. We cancelled our weekend trip.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/11/2024 3:47 am)

7/10/2024 4:27 pm  #40

I feel for Carol and all the Texans with the horrid heat and no AC now.  My SIL lives in Luftkin and they, too, have no power.  She posted a picture on Facebook that showed some linemen working on the lines and they were up to their necks in water!!  YIKES that is such a dangerous job and it always amazes me how fast they gt the power up and running.

Sandra, thanks for keeping us updated.

Janet, we have a bunny in our yard too.   He/she always checks out the feed bowl for the feral cat we feed.  I put out some baby carrots and lettuce the other day for it but it just ate the clover in the back yard.  lol.  We have lots of deer and raccoons and they have decimated my hosta plants this year.  

It was an extremely hot and humid day today.  One of the worst yet.

I pieced a quick quilt top and found a basic beige with a slight pattern back and now have it pinned so I can machine quilt it.  It has sunflowers with orange, brown, green and bright yellow on the front, so a plain backing will be ok.  I am donating to a diaper bank that has a "free" store for those in need so it will suffice.  I am trying to get better at my machine quilting, so the practice is good.

I finally got my permanent crown for my tooth today!  They had to send it out to an outside lab who made it the old fashioned way with goopy impressions to match my bite.  (Because I have a crooked tooth for petes sake.) It took almost a month with that temporary crown. Anyhow, it is now on and it fits great.  I can actually bite my food once again instead of cutting it up.

Nothing else happening here, just rain and hot wind so I have stayed indoors today except to go to the dentist.

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (7/10/2024 4:29 pm)

Board footera