OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/02/2024 12:44 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JULY 7 ~ SAT JULY 13

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/02/2024 12:45 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/06/2024 11:20 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JULY 7 ~ SAT JULY 13

I hope everyone had a happy 4th!

J no longer has pneumonia, so that's a plus! 🙏🏻 She has been transferred to a critical care hospital. Continued prayers are greatly appreciated!

I got new eye glasses, but the rx is off and I've been dizzy since getting them. Back to the doc on Monday or Tuesday. They'll make it right . 👍🏻

Have a great week!

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/07/2024 4:21 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

7/07/2024 4:21 am  #3

THANKS AGAIN DIANE, seems like I'm always saying it LOL I am glad there seems to be some improvement in J, hope you can get the glasses fixed (((hugs)))

SANDRA your day sounds mnice, relaxing and peaceful, wish I could stay the same LOL, it's been busy, but enjoyable!

DEVONNE how is the foot?? Do you like the TV.

INDY hoping no more upsets for you, I guess eating yummy food after being so sick you're bound to get indigestion, tummy just not used to it. I find I have to ease into food after that (((hugs)))

JANET how are things in your neck of the woods, is the pool OK, or too hot to swim, LOL I know it sounds weird, sometimes it got too hot here to swim, easier to stay in the A/C

We had a nice lunch with some of the other travellers. Got a good tip, and was able to purchase 4 Apple air tags with my Qantas points, pain in the neck to use the website but finally got it. 

I am tired, got a little housekeeping done here and also started a new birthday thread SANDRA 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/07/2024 6:43 am  #4

Trish-I’m sure you said, but… when are you leaving on your trip? And where are you going, UK?
We generally go in the pool about 5 when the sun moves around and is not directly on the pool. Yesterday we were in about 8 am…delightful.
I’m getting a good amount of sewing done. Here’s my plan…if I finish one quilt top a month for 3 years, I’ll catch up on my UFOs, kits, etc…. . Best laid plans, lol. Oh and that assumes that I don’t buy anymore kits, etc. And that won’t happen, but it sounds impressive, right?
We are supposed to go to a huge car show this week, but yesterday DH said he doesn’t think we’re going. Ok with me. But we have to cancel our reservation by midnight Tuesday…so he better give it more thought soon.
Carol…hope Beryl spares you.
Diane…good news about J. Sorry about the glasses

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/07/2024 6:41 pm)

7/07/2024 8:35 am  #5

It’s a new week! It’s already 86 at 10 a.m. Yikes! We have lunch today with F and C at Olive Garden. Today is Steph’s 41st birthday, and her and Dan’s 10th anniversary. They are at a luxury spa hotel in Leavenworth, WA. Dan’s 40th was July 3, so they are celebrating both. 

BJ, I hope you feel better, Tracy posted that you have a cold.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/07/2024 6:42 pm)

7/07/2024 9:02 am  #6

MY SON GOT HOME SAFE AND SOUND YESTERDAY.  HE WILL SHOP FOR ME TOMORROW.  I MADE A POT OF CHICKEN RICE SOUP AND IT WAS ENJOYED BY A FEW OF MY NEIGHBORS ALONG WITH ME.  I SAVED SOME FOR MY SON TO TAKE HOME TOMORROW.

ITS ANOTHER NICE DAY HERE.  MANY TIMES WE GET OUR RAIN SHOWERS DURING THE NIGHT HOURS WHICH IS GREAT.  IT MAKES FOR A LOVELY DAY. 

CHERYL....... ITS NICE YOU ENJOYED THE MARTINA MCBRIDE CONCERT.  THE LAST CONCERT I WENT TO WAS ENGELBERT HUMPERDINK.  ITS WAS TERRIFIC.  A LIVE SHOW IS ALWAYS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ONE ON TV.  

DIANE......GLAD TO HEAR THAT J NO LONGER SUFFERS FROM PNEUMONIA.  I HOPE SHE GETS THE NEEDED CARE AT THE CRITICAL CARE HOSPITAL.  SHE'S HAD A LONG BOUT OF WHATEVER IT IS SHE HAS.  
SORRY YOUR GLASSES PRESCRIPTION IS OFF.  THAT STINKS.  I HOPE THEY GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME.

NOTHING ELSE NEW WITH ME LADIES.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GRAND DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/07/2024 9:07 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/07/2024 9:33 am  #7

The only live concerts I ever attended was The Rolling Stone and The Beatles.

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/07/2024 6:41 pm)

7/07/2024 10:15 am  #8

I had a rare thing this morning....a 2nd cup of coffee! 

Holly, happy birthday to Steph and happy anniversary as well! 

Diane, that is good news about J. Hope she continues to improve at the new hospital. 

Trish, I love the new TV.  If I got a 75", I would have needed a longer cabinet or mount it on the wall. I don't like TV's mounted above a mantel. I had one bad foot day. I haven't taken any of the prescription. Will discuss with him on my next visit. We need a refresher of your trip...how long you're going to be gone, when you're leaving and where you're going besides London?

Sandra, I know you're glad Matt is back from his vacation. They love Florida so much, would they ever consider moving there?

Last edited by DownSouth (7/07/2024 10:18 am)

D e v o n n e

7/07/2024 5:45 pm  #9

So, at the moment, we're waiting for Beryl to arrive.  Holly, you're right, she is supposed to come in just south of us.  Unfortunately, that puts most of Houston on the back side or the "dirty" side of the storm.  We shouldn't see a lot of wind or tornadoes (famous last words), but we will get rain.  Somewhere between 3" and 15" depending on which forecaster you're watching at that moment.  Storm surge will be high along the coast.  

If everyone would just stay put and monitor the situation, we would be better.  But there are always those who want to go outside, "need" to go somewhere, etc.  

Back with updates tomorrow assuming we have power and all of that good stuff.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

7/07/2024 6:42 pm  #10

Carol, I just saw Houston is taking a direct hit. I hope it loses strength and your power doesn't go out & no flooding at your house. Will be thinking of you!  

They said people are just now leaving. Isn't it a little too late to be leaving?

Last edited by DownSouth (7/07/2024 6:44 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/07/2024 8:13 pm  #11

HOLLY Happy Birthday to Steph, and Happy Anniversary to them as well!

SANDRA good to har Matt is home safe and sound! I hope you have a great visit with him, you will have missed him, I'm sure he'll have pics to show!

CAROL keeping a good thought for you all, we are currently covered in very heavy fog, we don't do bad weather well here LOL The drivers should have to take a test on a simulator for rain and fog, they might learn a thing or two, AND how to use indicators, my pet peeve LOL

JANET not going there, if I have to count how long to do things it will be too depressing LOL I just need NOT to buy more! We love to go to concerts, some are great, actually most have been, a few we didn't enjoy, one of the best to see was Rocky Horror with Diane & Gary, very risqué but we laughed and laughed. 

DEVONNE and others LOL ) we leave on night of 26 July, return 18 August, heading to London via Doha, then straight to Heathrow and stay a few days in London, travel around a bit of the bottom of England,  to Bath, Windsor Castle, Warwick Castle etc, and we also visit Winchester Cathedral. Then we end up in Birmingham for the quilt show, there a couple days, then to Wales, over to Ireland, around the bottom ( we need Euros for that part )  then to the top and over to Scotland, we finish in Edinburgh (we hope to see a bit of the Titanic exhibition in Belfast)

WHICH brings me to the next topic LOL We have done lots of concerts, and quite a few in the open. We have warned all our travellers to expect RAIN at the Tattoo, we have NEVER been to an open air concert (actually in the open not the stands ) where it hasn't rained LOL 
Only one I can remember is the Bee Gees when they came to Sydney, but we were in corporate boxes so under cover, we got drenched at Andre Rieu, and Military Tattoo when they came to Sydney, and a few other concerts in the open. Heading to another one Jesus Christ Superstar at the end of the year. We saw a tribute to The Beatles earlier this year. 

Currently looking at reusale ponchos on Amazon, I have also ordered the Apple air tags, and TRIED to get the toll sorted, apparently they issue notices about 2-3 weeks after, and can't transfer or search for my licence plate right now, it's too soon. They will mail me the new toll tag and the bit that sticks to the window inside to hold it.

I did however call in to see if I can get the car detailed, they can do it tomorrow, for a price, I will pay, it's filthy and I really don't want to be bothered cleaning it. 
I also have to check with the service people, I may need new tyres, so will do that later, and make sure they have me booked for registration check AND the service. Last time I booked online it only booked for one of the two, so will make sure this time.
My "to do"list is getting shorter. I would like most of it organised by the end of the week, even if it hasn't happened, as long as it's booked.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/08/2024 8:10 am  #12

TRISH.......YOUR TRIP SOUNDS FASCINATING.  I WOULD JUST LOVE TO JOIN YOU BEING AN ANGLOPHILE, LIKING ALL THINGS BRITISH.  THOSE SITES SHOULD BE A GOOD TIME.

DEVONNE......MY SON WOULD LOVE TO RETIRE TO ITALY SOME DAY.  HE LOVES ITALY ALONG WITH FLORIDA, BUT ITALY MORE SO.  MAYBE HE WILL.  HE'S BEEN TO THE NORTHERN PARTS OF ITALY A FEW TIMES AND ADORES IT, AND THE AMALFI COAST.

MY SON SHOPS FOR ME TODAY SINCE ITS THE LAST DAY OF HIS VACATION.  HE WAS TOO BUSY YESTERDAY.  I KEEP TELLING HIM I CAN BUY MY GROCERIES ONLINE AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED BUT HE INSISTS ON SHOPPING FOR ME.  ITS FINE WITH ME.  I JUST DO NOT WANT HIM OR HIS LADY THINKING I AM BEING NEEDY.

NICE DAY HERE AGAIN.  I FEEL SORRY FOR CAROL IN THE WAY OF BERYL RIGHT NOW.  I SEE ITS HITTING THE AREA AS WE SPEAK.  I HOPE CAROL, YOU DO NOT GET HIT BADLY.  

THAT'S IT LADIES.  WILL SIGN OFF AND DO A FEW THINGS BEFORE MATT GETS HERE.  HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/08/2024 8:14 am)

7/08/2024 8:15 am  #13

Sorry. Know you are tired of me saying that.
We had a great 4th.
Prayers for those in Beryl',s path.

Thinking of everyone . prayers..........

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

7/08/2024 9:29 am  #14

Carol, hope it wasn't too bad for you. Forecasters gave different accounts of how bad it was going to be. Hopefully, one of them was right and it was a Category 1 when it came onto land.

Trish, what an adventurous trip for you! I saw the Titanic exhibition in Gatlinburg, TN (the Smokies). It was something I'll never forget. Seeing the real Titanic plates, a life jacket and a deck chaise lounger was amazing...and so much more. 

I think I forgot to pay my HOA dues, which were due in May! Changing banks and not having any checks was the culprit. I just ordered checks and this won't happen next year. 

D e v o n n e

7/08/2024 10:08 am  #15

Devonne, is your HOA expensive? What services do they provide?
I survived the dentist, she filled both cavities. I just have to go back for a cleaning in 2 weeks. I didn’t sleep well I was so anxious about the dentist, which is annoying. 
In the 90’s again, but at least no hurricanes for us! I hope Carol is ok.
When we were on the 2 Canada/New England cruises, we were in Halifax and heard a lot of Titanic history. The lack of lifeboats was caused by, what else, corporate greed. Such a tragedy. 

7/08/2024 1:18 pm  #16

So there is a summer Mid Atlantic Shop Hop going on, VA to NY. They have a Facebook page, and people are posting how they are driving hundreds of miles and going to tons of quilt stores! It’s a great marketing thing, and I admire people’s dedication to it, just not something I would do. 

7/08/2024 1:38 pm  #17

The MASH includes 9 states.  Two of the guilds around here have a bus trip that’s a few days long.  There are a few shops anywhere from 25 mins to 2 1/2 hrs from me.  Not my “thing”.

7/08/2024 1:53 pm  #18

Nor me, Holly and Janet.    Besides being too strenuous, it would be too much sensory overload. Times and things have changed for me.   I haven't even been in a quilt shop for several years.  However, there's a new one in Hebron where Pam and Danny live (25 miles) and I've mentioned it to ML who isn't a quilter, but would enjoy it anyway.  So eventually, we'll get there.  Hebron is a very small town but  Danny had not heard of the new quilt shop!  Go figure!  
Howard would go and wouldn't complain, but he'd  just sit in the car and I would still feel the pressure to rush, so...

I've been concerned about Carol, too.  I actually thought "Beryl" had gone inland, already.    Brings back memories of Hurricane Alicia that hit us in 1983 when we lived there.  Lifted our house off the sill plate. damaged a corner of the roof and totally removed our fence and small backyard metal shed which ended up in the yard across the street.  We spent the actual time in Alvin at our pastor's house.  We were their congregants closest  to Galveston Bay and they wanted us away from there.  Scary times, lovely people and always life-long friends...

Busy weekend for us.  First, on Saturday Mary Leigh, Bill and I went to the Gabriel Home picnic, celebrating their 17 years as an end-of-life home.  Howard, of course, backed out...it's okay, though, and not unexpected after almost 46 years of his backing out when he can.    Wonderful food.  Delicious Filipino dishes, even a roast suckling pig.  
I can never say enough good things about them and the care Mom got and the forever being   included as part of their family.
Then, yesterday, after we watched church at home, we met Carol and Albert at McAlister's for a long  lunch--3  hrs. eating, sitting and visiting.  I had their 2 choice "choice"--1/2 stuffed potato and 1/2 salad w/grilled chicken  Perfect choice!   Howard just had mixed salad with grilled chicken.  He will only eat French dressing  so I brought  a small container from home  for him as they don't have that.  I told him he's way passe but it's all he'll eat so...  Not a problem, a person likes what they like...  Came home both days and napped in my recliner, the life of Riley!  

Trish, I remember you asked for the hot milk cake recipe.  I didn't forgot.  At the time,  I changed my mind and never made it and then I got sick.  Will look the recipe up and post it here, soon.     Your trip will be worth it, and how wonderful to go back to some familiar places and add other new ones, plus the Quilt Show.    It's always an ordeal to get ready for something like that.  And, I believe for you, like ML, it's mostly all up to you!

Going to go.   Might be nap time again, for me.  I would say I'm going to read, but that'll turn into a nap, probably. 
 Have a good evening and sweet dreams.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/08/2024 2:03 pm)

7/08/2024 1:57 pm  #19

ITS T'HE TOWN CRIER........I JUST HEARD FROM CAROL.
THEY WERE HIT AND NOT LIGHTLY.  SHE HAS NO POWER, NO INTERNET, LIMITED CELL SERVICE.  TWO OF HER CREPE MYRTLE TREES WERE UPROOTED AND LANDED PARTIALLY ON NEIGHBOR'S ROOF.  NO ONE HURT, THANK GOODNESS.  LOTS OF LIMBS AND BRANCHES DOWN.
SHE HAS A GAS STOVE SO SHE SAID THEY WILL SURVIVE AS LONG AS SHE HAS CAFFEINE.  THAT'S A PLUS.
PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR THOSE IN THE STORM'S PATH.

7/08/2024 4:27 pm  #20

Sandra, thanks for the update on Carol!
Judy, I loved McAllistairs when Manda lived in Texas! 
Janet, I’m with you, not my thing, especially on a bus. I couldn’t go into a shop without buying something, and I already have way too much fabric. 
We had Olive Garden leftovers for dinner. 

Judy, I was going to tell you that I make my own French dressing, then I realized it’s 1000 Island, LOL. I also haven’t been in an actual quilt shop for years. 

Board footera