OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/05/2024 9:38 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 30 ~ SAT JULY 6

Good Morning to everyone!!  I'm not going to say much as Tracy just got up and I want to spend time with her.  Hope everyone is well and doing something fun today.  Have a wonderful day, BJ.

7/05/2024 12:43 pm  #42

Thanks for the sympathy, Devonne and QB.   We've all been there at one time.  I ate a bit too much yesterday and had some indigestion last night.  Okay, today.  

Oh, that beautiful squash looks good.  We need to get to the farmer's market, soon.  We have a Honda CRV.  It's 10 yrs. old, with low mileage and we've loved it.  Also easy to get in and out of and I am surely challenged with that.  Longest we've ever had a car without trading, etc. just because it's been so satisfactory.  Howard is a car guy and I couldn't count how many we've had in 46 yrs. 

We're having a new 5G system hooked up.  The installer is in and out, up and down, drilling holes into the house and whatever else.  I never dreamed it involved all of this.  Whatever happened to no more cables--everything being wireless, now?  Guess I'm super sensitive since we had so much never-resolved trouble with Comcast and their cable.  Plus, once Tom next door picked the very spot our cable was buried  to make a burn pile  and burned up the cable.   So, today this guy is going to lay the cable on the ground and someone else will come and bury it in two weeks.    I WILL BE telling and showing Tom where it is so he doesn't do anything to it.  We share a long un-fenced property line with them and  we don't distinguish between our yards, so something could happen, again...in two week's time!  (Running in and out, he let a huge fly in here, that is pestering me, of course.)  

Devonne, what size TV  did you decide on?  I'm curious since it's a topic that arises here quite often!  

Going to clean up the kitchen and do the dishes I never got to, last evening.  Have a good rest of the day.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (7/05/2024 12:46 pm)

7/05/2024 1:14 pm  #43

Carol, hope you don't get hit too hard! Bring in what planters you can and anything that will blow away. Thanks for the info on the Forester. Greg is "pushing" me to get a Subaru; thinks it's the better fit, lol.  How much rain are you expecting? 

Judy, I got another 65" and even thought about a 55", but Greg said that was too small for this room. A 75" would have worked, but I didn't want the room to look "all TV," lol. I wish I could have gotten the LG Evo, but I'm happy with this Samsung. It was in my price range and half off!

We've been under a heat advisory since July 3rd. I think its over today at 7 pm. Now we're under a lightning warning. We are getting some much needed rain right now. 

Cheryl, there are other medications besides Metformin your doctor could put you on. There is a shot, but I think it's required every week and I don't know how close your doctor is. I thought doctors weren't prescribing Metformin anymore, but Gary has been on it. He took himself off it when he changed doctors. He does insulin shots only at night, now.

I was bad today! Went thru McDonalds drive thru and got a quarter pounder meal. It was over $12 and it was awful!! I think they are adding bread filler to their ground beef (like they do their chicken nuggets). It was very dry. I tried adding mustard, mayo and more onions, but it didn't help, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/05/2024 1:25 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/05/2024 8:22 pm  #44

It’s still 82 at 10 pm! I’m watching Jaws on TV, haven’t seen it it about 20 years. 

Steph and Manda and families are in BJ and Diane’s neck of the woods for the long weekend.

Judy, I hope you feel better. I’m glad Andrew has a plan. 

Devonne, Steph has a Subaru and F and C have 2. They all love them. 

Carol, that must have been a fun assignment! Kids are so creative. I hope your weather improves. 

Theresa, I’m glad you are happy with your mom’s placement, and that you are getting a bit of your life back. 

7/06/2024 1:11 am  #45

CAROL I hope the weather gods are kind to you, we are also having lots of rain, but it's cold LOL I love Shakespeare, I tried to get John interested, but they started out with King Lear, so he didn't get hooked, my favourite is Much Ado, but also love 12th Night.

DEVONNE good luck with shopping, not the day to get my opinion on Subaru LOL I had a few near misses with a couple this morning, actually it's the drivers here, they have a bit of a reputation, they don't seem to know where their indicators are LOL So not my idea of the car, just the Aussie drivers of them!

SANDRA so sorry you had such a loss, it happens, maybe next week! I had a Lucky Number entry in the pharmacy competition to raise funds for breast cancer, I'm still waiting for the winning call LOL

HOLLY There are a few Jaws now I think, I did like him in the first one, haven't seen it for years!

As I said, it's another dreary rain day, I drove up to see my sis yesterday, she had all 3 grands, Ruari ran as soon as he saw me to give a hug, when Bridie saw she had to get in on the act, she is such a Miss LOL She was tossing toys - was told to stop, shook her head, so I told her I'd take her gift to Ruari, he'd look after it, she really liked the toys, so she reluctantly gave in, but we had a few "no" before that, she told her mother that "the other nan gave it". she doesn't like playing with some of  the kids at daycare, in her age bracket there are some who don't talk much, she told us "they babies they not talk", she's all of 2 LOL and she wants to be in with the big kids. 

I have been trying to get caught up on the Temp quilt, not going well, I do more ripping that sewing.

I have so much to do before we leave, and the list is getting longer, my tag for the tolls has gone bust, so if I wait we'll be away before we get the bills. They take a pic of the car, and bill me, or I can charge it to our account. PLUS my car has to be registered and serviced before we leave, booked it in for 2 days before, and they'll do the check for registration, hoping that all the paperwork comes by then, it's not due till Aug 20, but we don't get back till 18th. YIKES!!!!
I went today to get a replacement, but they were really busy and the wait was long, only open a few hours on a Saturday, so I'll go on Monday.

If all else fails I can get Pete to open the mail and give him the account details to log in and charge the account, I don't want him to pay it, they charge more if it's not to an account.

Tomorrow we are having lunch with some of the group going to the UK, a few extras are coming, Julie has her husband coming, which is good because we will be travelling with them in December,  one of the other ladies also has her husband coming.
 It's an easy dinner of zucchini slice and salad tonight, and brisket with coleslaw on buns tomorrow, I have soup as well, but think we'll be full before dinner tomorrow. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (7/06/2024 1:14 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

7/06/2024 8:23 am  #46

The funniest thing about Jaws was that Roy Schieder constantly had a cigarette in his mouth! So 70’s! The only people I know who still smoke are some of my Philly cousins, it’s so disgusting.

Another 90’s day for us.

7/06/2024 8:38 am  #47

ITS ANOTHER GORGEOUS DAY HERE.  LOVE MAINE.

MY SON SHOULD BE SHOPPING FOR ME EITHER SUNDAY OR MONDAY.  HE'S LANDED IN NEW YORK RIGHT NOW SO ON HIS LAST LEG OF HIS JOURNEY HOME.
MY LIST IS LONG SINCE ITS BEEN 3 WEEKS SINCE  LAST SHOPPING DAY. IT WILL BE GREAT TO SEE HIM.  PLANNING ON MAKING SOME OF HIS FAVORITE CHICKEN RICE SOUP.

HOLLY.......FUNNY ABOUT THE SMOKING SEEN IN OLDER MOVIES.  I GAVE UP CIGARETTES 30 YEARS AGO AND EVEN THOUGH I GAINED A LOT OF WEIGHT, I'M NOT SORRY.
WHEN YOU WATCH THE OLDER MOVIES, LIKE THE 40S, EVERYONE CAME HOME TO A COCKTAIL AND DRINKS WERE OFFERED AS SOON AS SOMEONE CAME IN THE DOOR. 
TIMES HAVE CHANGED.  SOME FOR BETTER, BUT SADLY MUCH MORE DRUGS. 
AS FOR JAWS, I SEE THAT ITS RUNNING TOMORROW AS WELL.  WHEN I SAW THE ORIGINAL MOVIE I COULD NOT EAT SUPPER.  WE WERE HAVING STEAK THAT NIGHT.  MY STOMACH COULD NOT EVEN THINK OF MEAT AT THE TIME.

TRISH.......BRIDIE SURE IS A TALKER.  WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS 2 SHE SPOKE A LOT.  SHE LOVED USING THE LONG WORDS LIKE CANTANKEROUS AND SUCH.  MY SON, ON THE OTHER HAND, WAS THE LAZY ONE.  HE SPOKE VERY LITTLE UNTIL HE WAS PAST 2.  THE DR SAID NOT TO WORRY, HE'S JUST LAZY.  HE WAS THE MOST CONTENTED BABY.  RARELY CRIED ABOUT ANYTHING, ONLY HUNGER.  BUT HE'S SMART AND MY PRECIOUS THOUGHTFUL ONE NOW.
YIKES, YOUR TRAVEL PLANS MAKE ME TIRED ALREADY.  SO MUCH TO HANDLE BEFORE YOU LEAVE.  I HOPE IT ALL FALLS INTO PLACE.

CAROL......I HOPE THAT HURRICANE DOES NOT DO MUCH DAMAGE IN YOUR AREA.  SENDING SOME POSITIVE THOUGHTS SOUTH.

SPEAKING OF TVs MINE IS 45" AND PERFECT FOR ME SITTING ONLY ABOUT6 OR 7' FROM THE SCREEN.  ITS A FLATSCREEN AND I LOVE IT.

WELL, I SORTED MY PILLS FOR THE WEEK.  I PLAN TO BAKE SOME PORK CHOPS FOR SUPPER AND MAYBE MAKE SOME MASHED POTATOES.  NOT SURE YET.  I STILL HAVE A BIT OF BAKED BEAN CASSY LEFT TO EAT.  I MADE A SMALL 9 BY 9 DISH OF IT AND SHARED WITH 2 OTHERS.  IT WAS NICE AND TASTY.  I WILL MAKE IT AGAIN.

CHORES ARE EASY TODAY.  HAVE A NICE DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (7/06/2024 8:55 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

7/06/2024 3:11 pm  #48

Another lovely day today.  We had a great time at the Martina McBride concert.  That woman can SING!!  She is 57 years old and was very popular in the late 1990's and early 2000's but she still sounds awesome.  Her sound system needed some work for sure as it kept coming in and out with the sound and the band was so much louder than her singing.  She did sing for an hour.  The fireworks that followed were the best I have ever seen in my life!!  I guess I needed to go to an upscale neighborhood to see some  Traffic was horrible and we had to park a half mile away.  Anthony got to park near the event since they had Emmily's parents in the van and had a handicapped parking tag.  We were 20 minutes just getting out of the parking lot.  Then we had the 2.5 hour drive home in a torrential rain downpour.   It was not a good ride.  Got home at 1:30 a.m.

We had lots of rain at our house and a huge tree branch broke and fell to the ground.  Not sure what happened since the tree looks healthy but who knows.  Aaron and Dean cut it up and hauled it away and I watched. 

Devonne, thanks for the info on the metFormin.  The doc did ask me the last visit if I would consider a self injection medication.  I guess I need to investigate when I see her on the 17th of this month.  (I say doc, but she is a Physicians Assistant)  I like her a lot.

I have some chicken drumsticks in the instant pot and will make a sauce to put over them in a few minutes.  We like a garlic parmesan sauce that is easy to make.  Cut up veggies and fresh fruit will be with it and I will call it done.  lol

Holly, almost all of my family smoked at one time.  I was the only one who did not, and the same for Dean's.  His sister and one brother still smoke heavily.  We were watching the Andy Griffith show and he was smoking in bed!!!!  The show was from 1966 and the cigarette companies sponsored many of the TV shows.  They were always smoking on the I Love Lucy Show too.

Thoughts and prayers for all.

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (7/06/2024 3:15 pm)

7/06/2024 5:54 pm  #49

It was a rainy day here, which I needed for my new grass seed. A water sprinkler just can't replace Mother Nature's rain. 

Trish, when are you leaving for your trip? Isn't it exhausting just getting ready to leave!

Cheryl, glad you enjoyed the concert. The last concert we went to was years ago...Conway Twitty. Have you ever tried the orange sauce on chicken? I'm going to try it soon.

The heat advisory has ended....for now, lol. 

Last edited by DownSouth (7/06/2024 5:55 pm)

D e v o n n e

7/06/2024 6:30 pm  #50

Carol, am I reading the hurricane track right? That it’ll go south of you?

Board footera