OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/28/2024 5:34 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 23 ~ SAT JUNE 29

Holly, as a retired math teacher, I am interested in how you determine what percentage of your work is completed.

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/28/2024 8:13 pm)

6/28/2024 6:09 pm  #42

Mary Lou, LOL, I use Pattern Keeper! It’s an app for cross stitch, and it tells me the number of stitches for the day, the number so far, the total stitches of the project, and the percentage done. It’s an app for only android, which I run on a Chromebook. Best $10 I ever spent! 

6/28/2024 7:22 pm  #43

Holly, I was imagining you counting every stitch!

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/28/2024 8:14 pm)

6/28/2024 8:27 pm  #44

LOL, Mary Lou. I don’t have that much self discipline.

6/28/2024 8:35 pm  #45

Couple questions I forgot to answer, DEVONNE nope, he has 'flu. did a test, he got some antibiotics, but not filled the script yet, he's starting to feel a little  better. 

HOLLY yes for older Australians, and others with health issues they recommend the booster, it's still separate from 'flu one. About the House of Lords etc, no  I don't think so, it's same as  ours of Upper and Lower house, totally different system, I forgot what they call it, it does have a name LOL - we closely follow the british system. 

SANDRA no problem stuff happens, I make mistakes all the time, the Mr is worse, he kept telling Gary last night he hadn't got the email from the club about the merger, and I must have deleted his email, blame me of course, then we got home I reminded him he HAD seen it, he made a comment about the name of the club merging, he sheepishly admitted it LOL ---- enjoy that KFC, or whatever he brings. 

MARYLOU, that would be a lot of counting LOL I figured Holly was able to do it from the app. I only use Apple, soo no point in me trying to figure our progress on my VERY small cross stitch, I was planning on taking it for the long plane trip, but too many colours to bring, so will stick with my 'boring' Lucy Boston joining pieces. they are all the same, so only one colour needed LOL 

DEVONNE how about 1/2 tablet, we used to push Buddy's tablet way down the back of his throat, vet told me to do that, they can't spit it out, it has to be way down, they don't like it, but it only takes a second to do it, then he recovered in 2 seconds LOL Drama queens!!

STRINGS I hope you are doing OK, thinking of you! You sure do cope with a lot.

I got some things online from Amazon, I had been seeing ads for a neck pillow for travel, I ordered it, plus some luggage tags, and flight socks, they are not very 'compression like' but will do I guess, I need to find my good ones. They were only cheap so I wasn't expecting much.

Went to training again today, my lower back is now feeling sore, was not so good yesterday, but feeling a little easier each time I go, those muscles make themselves heard after not using them for a while LOL  I will have to find some way to keep them active while we are away next month.

I want to go see Megan soon, I bought some cute Christmas decorations for us both. I will drop them over later today.

Washing just finished, so will get that out, not that it's going to dry - it's cold here today!

EDITED - Holly It's called the Westminster System we use, and the House of Lords/Commons also uses it - you can google -  it will explain how it works, we differ slightly from them, but much the same.They have alot more formal traditions. When you see them (England)  in parliament you will see Black Rod (currently a woman ) in special robes, looks quite formal, I love to see it, should be lots on youtube.

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/28/2024 8:44 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/29/2024 8:09 am  #46

ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.  TEMPS IN THE 60S.  LOVING IT.

MY SON WILL STOP BY WITH LUNCH TODAY.  HE LEAVES FOR HIS VACATION IN FLA. TOMORROW SO HE WANTED TO SPEND SOME TIME WITH ME.  I MADE A BIG POT OF VEGGIE BEEF SOUP LAST NITE SO HE CAN TAKE SOME HOME FOR SUPPER SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO COOK TONITE.  

NOTHING ELSE PLANNED FOR ME TODAY.  I SORTED MY PILLS FOR THE WEEK AND CLEANED THE BATHROOM.  I MAY VACUUM BEFORE MY SON GETS HERE BUT ITS NOT ABSOLUTE.

HAVE A GOOD DAY FRIENDS.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/29/2024 8:11 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/29/2024 8:22 am  #47

Trish, there is an app for Apple, I think, called markup or some such. We’re Apple people, the only non Apple thing I have is the Chromebook, and I only use that for Pattern Keeper. People on the PK group recommended a cheap tablet, but I love the big screen. 
Thanks for the info onthe Brits government, I find it interesting. 
The end of another month, yikes! Time has flown since I retired. My brother Mike is 68 and still works full time, but he loves what he does and says he wants to work til he’s 80. He got the better knees in the family, so he can still work. 

Sandra, enjoy your visit with your son! 

6/29/2024 9:55 am  #48

My DD used to give her 90 lb  German shepherd Baby Benadryl (liquid) for allergies.  She would just offer her a snack and when she opened her mouth, she’d squirt it in.  No drama, no fuss.  And best part it worked well and didn’t out the dog into a stupor.
    I only use an iPad and my phone….no lap top or desktop. 
   We really need rain. Everything is soooo dry and with the upcoming fireworks there is some real concern.

6/29/2024 4:20 pm  #49

Trish, so your winter is our summer, and last winter we were recommended to have a booster, and now your winter is getting them. So we’ll see what happens for our winter. 

Dinner was clean out the fridge. I had a package of Caesar salad, and we added leftover broccoli, strawberries, and bits of cold cuts and cheese. Chicken salad on the side. It was good, and filling. 

Janet, we had rain in our forecast, and it was removed. 

6/29/2024 5:15 pm  #50

MaryLou, what wonderful news for Lynn!  Aaron had  his full body pet scan two weeks ago and he, too, is cancer free at the moment.  He gets to wait a full year this time before he has to go back.  This has been a 5 year battle so far, but thankfully, he is doing well.

Devonne, thanks for answering about the medication.  We gave the benadry liquid form as Janet  mentioned and it was easy.  Molly is so tiny that she probably only needs a small amount.  Our lab was 110 pounds and he took a  dropper full.

It is hot and extremely humid.  I have the A/C on now.  Tornado warnings to the north and east of us but we just got a few drops of rain.

I have had no problems signing in and had no notices.

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (6/29/2024 5:17 pm)

Board footera