OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/02/2024 12:46 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JUNE 23 ~ SAT JUNE 29

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/22/2024 10:45 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 23 ~ SAT JUNE 29

Bumping this to the top.

No new news on J.  She continues to hang in there,  bless her soul!
Thank you for the continued prayers!

No new personal news either so I'llsay bye for now.  Have a good week!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

6/23/2024 7:37 am  #3

Today is predicted to be the hottest yet, then slightly cooler tomorrow. It’s hotter here than in FL! 

6/23/2024 8:31 am  #4

Hot here yesterday 103.  Pool water was 90. lol.
   This is pretty hot but it happens every summer.  Check out weather bell.com to see weather history, etc.  Very informative site about weather trends.

Last edited by Missmommy (6/23/2024 8:31 am)

6/23/2024 10:06 am  #5

CAROL......I WATCHED THE ASCOT RACES AS WELL.  THE ONLY WINNER I PICKED WAS IN THE GOLDEN GATE STAKES AND ONLY BECAUSE I READ THE HORSES'S NAME WRONG.  I THOUGHT IS WAS HAND OF GOLD SO CHOSE THAT ONE.  THE NAME WAS ACTUALLY HAND OF GOD.  OH WELL, A WIN IS A WIN.
LOVED ALL THE CLOTHING AND HATS.  THEY DO IT SO WELL, THE DRESSING UP FOR SPECIAL EVENTS.  THE KING LOOKED WELL.  I SURE MISS SEEING HIS MOTHER AT THE ASCOT RACES.

DIANE......PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS STILL ON THE MENU FOR YOUR DARLING J.  SHE'S A FIGHTER, THAT'S FOR SURE.  GIVES ONE HOPE.

DEVONNE.....I THINK YOU TV IS LARGE ENOUGH FOR THE SIZE OF YOUR ROOM.  LARGER IS NOT ALWAYS NECESSARILY BETTER.

BJ.......ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND WITH YOUR FAMILY.

I MADE THE MASHED POTATO PANCAKES YESTERDAY.  WELL, THEY WERE SO-SO IN MY BOOK.  I WILL JUST HAVE TO STRUGGLE TO HAND-GRATE MY TATERS IF I WANT GOOD PANCAKES IN FUTURE.  I WILL DO THAT AS LONG AS I CAN.

ITS SUNDAY SO ITS MY DAY OF REST.  ITS ANOTHER RAINY DAY BUT NOT STORMY.  JUST RAIN SHOWERS OFF AND ON.  MY APT IS QUITE PERFECT WITH MY A/C SET AT ONE NUMBER.  I AM A HAPPY CAMPER.
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/23/2024 10:11 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/23/2024 8:17 pm  #6

We’ve been having major rain for the past few hours, with isolated t storms. It’s dropped the temp almost 20 degrees! So hopefully it will be a little cooler in the morning, I have a long food shopping list!

6/24/2024 2:56 am  #7

It's so cold here, compared to what ww've had last couple weeks, down to 25-30 this morning, lowest we got away was about 50-60 !! and highs of around 75.

DIANE poor J, and her family, it must be so hard, she surely is a fighter (((hugs)))

SANDRA I do love seeing everyone dressed up for Ascot, the Royals were out in force, love seeing how they all greet the king, he is looking a little drawn to me, hope he survives this, William is young to be king. I loved the outfit Catherine wore to  Trooping The Colour, sorry the poor troops had to stand in the rain for so long, all that pageantry is incredible to see. Looking forward to seeing it with the group next month, some have never seen it before, we've seen changing the guard a few times, and of course were lucky enough to go into Buckingham palace, that was fantastic. Too funny about the horse's name, I chose one like that once, it won big!!  I was hoping to hear a good report on the mash cakes, I find them very bland, not even close in flavour to the grated ones.

I saw a clip of Zara (Princess Anne's daughter) coming behind the king and tapping on the shoulder before greeting him with a kiss, lovely to see the happiness between them.

It was a good day to get the rest of the washing done, then I went to yoga, they have a new way of doing things, we had big bolsters, so we leaned into them, then over them, and used them a lot. it was interesting, hard to do this class after being away so long, after tomorrows  training I will probably be really sore!

JANET we use an app called BOM (bureau of meteorology) it's pretty good, I am using it for my temp quilt. They also show up to date radar images, and give warnings. 

HOLLY I am not looking forward to our summer, sounds like we are heading for more heat than I like, it happens though, nothing we can do about it LOL - except look forward to winter. We are now getting longer days from today!

DEVONNE are you feeling any better?? Hope there is some improvement (((hugs)))

BJ how is Frank doing with his hand, have you been for ice cream yet with Tracy?

I am going to do little hand sewing, then to bed, I need to ring Megan first, she has the bug!! She worked from home today, if she's feeling better she'll go with Gary to his friend
Scott's dads funeral. It's quite a drive, so I hope they are careful.
Forgot to say, Dean got his 1/2 yearly results. he did pretty well, imagine if he actually studied for them -  his aim is to score higher than John (little wretch ) at his final exams in Yr 12, he's in Yr 10 now. LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/24/2024 8:58 am  #8

GOOD MORNING LADIES.  ITS LOVELY HERE TODAY AFTER A RAINY DAY YESTERDAY.  TEMPS ARE NICE IN THE LOW 70S TODAY.  WILL HIT THE MID-80S TOMORROW.  AS LONG AS NOT THE 90S ITS NICE.  WE GET COOL BREEZES HERE OFF THE RIVER.

THERESA.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TODAY.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY AND THE FAMILY ARE ALL ATTENTIVE AND LOVING.  ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY.

TRISH......YES, I FIND THE SAME WITH THE POTATO CAKES.  BLAND IS THE WORD.  I COULD NOT THINK OF IT YESTERDAY.  EVEN WITH SOME GRATED ONION IN IT, THE FLAVOR WAS FLATTISH.  GRATED TATERS ARE THE BEST.

DEVONNE......I HOPE YOU GET SOME RELIEF SOON WITH YOUR SINUSES.  ITS BEEN A LONG WAIT WITH LOTS OF MEDS DOING NEARLY NOTHING FOR YOU.  YOU NEED ANSWERS.  

LINDA.......I HOPE THIS DAY BRINGS YOU JOY AND MAYBE GOOD FOOD FOR YOUR TUMMY.  I LOVE THAT YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR FLOWERS.  THEY SHOULD BRING YOU SMILES
LIKE YOU, I HAVE A SON WHO I CAN DEPEND ON.  THEY ARE WONDERFUL.  I GUESS THEY WERE BROUGHT UP RIGHT.

I AM RECHARGING MY PHONE AS I TYPE HERE BESIDE THE CHARGER.  ITS SOMETHING I DO WHEN I AM ON THE PUTER.  I GO TO A FEW SIGHTS AND THEN I CHECK OUT MY FAVORITE UTUBE CHANNELS TO SEE HOW MY HOMESTEADERS ARE DOING.   ALSO TO CHECK ON A NEW RECIPE NOW AND THEN. 

TODAY I AM THINKING OF MAKING THAT APPLE CAKE.  ITS SIMPLE AND I LOVE IT.  I HAVE LEFTOVERS FOR MEALS SO I AM GOOD THERE.  OH, AND MAYBE SOME HOMEMADE PIZZA.  YUP, GOT TO TAKE OUT THE FROZEN PIZZA DOUGH NOW.

THAT'S IT FROM THE FAR NORTH.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/24/2024 9:01 am)

6/24/2024 9:41 am  #9

Good Morning to everyone!!  I'm not feeling great this morning, but its lovely to have Tracy here.  We have to go to rental sometime today and get a key to the woman who just moved in.  It is a bit cloudy here this morning, very still.

Tracy just got up and is emptying the dishwasher, Frank is up and moving.  Not much to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all a lovely day, BJ.

6/24/2024 9:59 am  #10

Happy Birthday Theresa!
We went to our usual grocery store, I swear they have moved every single item in the entire store! I had to go up and down every aisle because I was afraid of missing something from my list. 

Two book recommendations! First, the new Susan Mallery, she writes about women and families. This one is called For the Love of Summer. Summer is Erica’s 16 year old daughter. Erica is divorced and very successful. Summer spends time with her father and stepmother Allison and has a toddler brother with them. The ex husband is arrested, bank accounts frozen, and Allison, who is also pregnant is almost broke and about to be homeless. Summer cajoles Erica into letting Allison move in them. The book explores all the relationships and is really good. It just came out.

The other is the China Bayles series by Susan Wittig Albert. There are about 30 in the series. China is a lawyer who dropped out of her high pressure Houston job and moved to Texas Hill Country (which I never knew existed til I read the series!) she buys an herb shop , makes friends, solves some mysteries and acquires a family. She has a shop cat named Khat after the cat who series. Every title is an herb or flower. She does a bit of backstory in every book, so they don’t have to be read in order. I’ve been reading her for years. The first one is called Thyme of Death.

Last edited by Holly in South Jersey (6/24/2024 10:01 am)

6/24/2024 10:07 am  #11

Those Ascot hats were just beautiful...and the dresses too! Some were much prettier than others and some of those hats were huge!

Happy birthday, Theresa! What's the latest on your search?

Sandra, do you have a food processor you could use to grate your potatoes? An electric or hand cranked cheese grater would work too.

Trish, I feel great, but antibiotics never helped. I have a CT scan scheduled for July 10th. I'm sure you are happy to be back home!

I bought a new tv. Greg found a great deal. It's a Samsung OLED 65"; will be here July 2nd. I wanted the LG Evo, but it was too expensive. I need a dryer; hopefully will find another great deal. It's 17 years old. 

My watermelon plant has yellow blooms on it and my squash is blooming. Not sure how they will do in a container...time will tell.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/24/2024 10:13 am)

D e v o n n e

6/24/2024 7:39 pm  #12

Holly, thanks for the recommendation on the books.  I have read several books by Susan Mallery and have liked them all.  I will have to look for this one.  The plot seems familiar to me, but it must have been another book since you said this one just came out.

We got some much needed relief from the heat and humidity today as it was lovely at 80 degrees and low humidity.  I did spend a lot of time outdoors since the dog is here, so I sat in my chair and read while throwing the ball for him. lol

Devonne, I need a new washer and dryer as mine are 25 years old.  They do still work but the dryer takes a couple of cycles to dry the clothes.  I do not want a fancy one; just a newer one.  Aaron has a very fancy washer and dryer but it uses a special detergent and I do not want to go that route.

The kids are all busy and it seems strange not to have them here or to hear from them.  Abby is at church camp till today, Andrew at Scout camp (with his dad, who is a co-leader), Aaron and family are in Irvine California.  Tomorrow, Emmily is taking Abby for a road trip to Nashville for three days as Abby is a huge country music fan.

Happy birthday, Theresa, hope you had a great day.

6/25/2024 9:11 am  #13

YES, HOLLY, .....THANKS FOR THE HEADSUP ON THE BOOKS.  THEY SOUND LIKE GOOD ONES TO ME.  I WILL KEEP AN EYE OPEN FOR THEM.

DEVONNE.....YES, I HAVE A FOOD PROCESSOR.  I'VE NEVER USED IT SINCE I BOUGHT IT.  LIKE ALL MECHANICAL THINGS I AM A BIT LEARY OF THEM AND NEED A SHOVE TO USE THEM.  I THINK THEY WILL BE A GOOD WAY TO 'GRATE' MY POTATOES.  I SAW SOMETHING ON TV ON USING IT FOR THAT.  I WILL HAVE TO DRAG IT OUT OF ITS BOX AND TRY IT SOMETIME SOON.  BUT NOT TODAY.

ITS GOING TO BE HOT FOR 3 DAYS HERE IN THE MID-80SF.  THAT FOR US IS HOT.  NIGHTS WILL BE TOLERABLE THOUGH IN THE 60S AND EVEN THE HIGH 50SF.  THAT'S HOW WE GET THRU THE HOT DAYS WITH GREAT NITES.

MY SON TELLS ME HE IS BRINGING ME LUNCH ON SATURDAY.  SINCE ITS THE 5TH SAT. OF THE MONTH THERE IS NO SHOPPING FOR HIM.  I CAN ONLY AFFORD 2 SHOPPING DAYS A MONTH.  BUT I HAVE LOTS OF FOOD AROUND SO I WON'T STARVE.  AND HAVING LUNCH BOUGHT AND BROUGHT THIS WEEKEND IS SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN MY LIFE. HE WANTS TO SHARE LUNCH SINCE HE IS OFF TO FLORIDA THE NEXT WEEK FOR VACATION.  

TODAY WILL BE QUIET FOR ME.  A BIT OF CLEANING, A BIT OF COOKING, SOME READING AND OF COURSE THE OLD STANDBY, WATCHING TV.  AND PLAYING SOLITAIRE.  
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/25/2024 9:20 am)

6/25/2024 10:14 am  #14

Yes, Cheryl, the Mallery book only came out this month. 

We went out early to Sam’s Club, we had a list and hadn’t been there in a few months. So we’re good on staples for a while. LOL, turning into a prepper! 

Another hot one, 90 ish. Steph is in FL for a few days of meetings. Manda and family took the puppy and went camping for a few days. They are in the busy years of life.

6/25/2024 1:37 pm  #15

It is hot, hot, hot! I went to Walmart and I could spell the asphalt from the heat. I didn't stay long, as it's never comfortable in there in the summer. I have complained to their home office, as well as employees have complained, with no change. 

Gary & I met Greg and Carter at Mellow Mushroom for lunch.  They have great salads, very fresh, but their pizza is lacking in the flavor dept. 

I am watching "I am Celine Dion," it's a love letter to her fans. It's on Prime Video. So sad to see how this disease has affected her life. She is very open about it, sharing her home life, her career and her family life.

ETA: If you watch this, at about the 1:15 mark she goes into a bad spasm dealing with this disease (Stiff Person Syndrome).  It's sad, but inspiring as well to see what a fighter she is.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/25/2024 4:53 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/25/2024 3:26 pm  #16

I never knew that Canadians buy their milk in bags! 

6/26/2024 4:03 am  #17

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THERESA I hoe you had a wonderful day and did something special (((hugs))))

JANET that is pretty hot, I remember being in the pool - years ago now - and we had  a heatwave for days, the water got quite warm, we were better off in a cold bath LOL

SANDRA You will enjoy that lunch!! I bet it's your favourite, he's a good guy! Using the food processor is really good, I do often use it for slaw, grating carrot, or just general chopping with the blade. Love mine, it's fairly big, had it for years, Breville. It has a drawer thing at the back, with 6 different blades. plus the blending and chopping blades. Makes it short work when I do veg soup, or need to chop a lot of onions. I have never grated potato in it though, I might try it. 

DEVONNE we went to Mellow - the pizza was pretty good I think, it was back in 2018, I had the salad, the Mr had pizza. AND he still has his cap he bought!

HOLLY I didn't know that (about the milk) , what is it that Sam's Club stocks? I have heard many of you comment on going. When we were in Fiji all the milk was delivered in glass bottles - long life, not refrigerated, you had to use a bottle opener to open the bottle. Then you left out the crate of empties, and they replaced with a full crate, We used to get  a crate of 20 each time, it lasted in the cupboard for weeks

CHERYL that's pretty good innings for your washer/dryer. Mine only seem to last about 10 yrs or so now, I just got a new dryer. I think you miss the kids when they are not there, but get tired when they are - if you are like me!!

I picked up Dean today, I called in to their house when I dropped him home John is on Uni break, he hugged me, said I missed you, I haven't seen you for 3 weeks LOL

I am very worried about my niece, Chloe had a miscarriage on Monday, she lost a lot of blood, they had to give her a few bags to compensate. she was taken to the local hospital, then transferred (with a DR monitoring her ) to a bigger hospital, her heart is either racing or almost stopped, they can't do a D & C yet, she's too unstable, they lost her for a bit yesterday, Lyndon (hubby ) lost it then, they kicked him out temporarily - he was yelling and crying that he wanted to be with her, he was so scared she was dying, we are all worried about her, and want some answers, something about '2nd chamber' is all they have heard so far, they are waiting on a cardiologist. She can't get out of bed, blood pressure drops alarmingly if she tries, they have to take her to the bathroom in a wheel chair. Please keep a good thought for her, and my sis, we have been either texting or talking constantly, both trying to keep each other positive. And it's getting harder to do that. Chloe is only 27, I worry she will need open heart surgery, their daughter Bridie is only 2, she doesn't seem to be worried/anxious, everyone is keeping her life  as "normal"  as possible. Chloe is extremely fit,  otherwise healthy but she does have some problems, she seems to regularly faint, and  she rarely feels pain, so when  she does we know it's a lot of pain. She was 14 weeks pregnant.

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/26/2024 4:04 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/26/2024 8:40 am  #18

Carol, one of my cross stitch groups on Facebook had pix of a place in Houston called ABC Stitch Therapy. 14405 Walter’s Rd #950, Houston, nearish to IAH. It’s on the 9th floor of a tall building. The person who put up the pix was impressed. Only day time hours, I think it said. Just, FYI, I don’t know how close it is for you.

6/26/2024 8:50 am  #19

Just got back from my foot doctor. I haven't seen him before and I really like him. He did x-rays of my feet. I have arthritis. He said on a scale of 1 to 10, mine is a 5. There's a surgery for this, but he said you can't walk for 6 to 8 weeks, so we are taking the easy route. I got two shots, an anti-inflammatory and a steroid. He also called me in a prescription for inflammation, which he said is better on your kidneys than Aleve. He said he could do my knees as well, but I already have an appt. with another doctor at the same clinic...shucks, lol! 

Trish, how very sad about your niece. I hope she is going to be ok. You are really close to Dean and John and that's wonderful. I can't believe I had lunch with both of my sons yesterday!

Sandra, you think it will be KFC or a lobster roll? Does he ask you what you want or surprise you?

Cheryl, my dryer is the same way. I used to dry a load on 25, then went to 40, and now sometimes 50 minutes. I have the pedestal that goes with it so I should be able to sell it. 

Diane, continued prayers for J. Hope there's some good news this week.

Carol, you working on dolls this week?

ETA: Forgot to say, he recommended Hoka or Altra shoes. Said they have the inserts that will help my arthritis.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/26/2024 9:00 am)

D e v o n n e

6/26/2024 8:52 am  #20

ANOTHER 80S DAY.  ITS THE 2ND OF 3 EXPECTED.  I AM STAYING INDOORS SO ITS FINE.  MAY TAKE OUT SOME TRASH TODAY SO WILL FIND OUT HOW IT FEELS OUT THERE FOR A COUPLE MINUTES.

WHEN WE LIVED IN FLORIDA THERE WERE TIMES WHEN I WOULD FILL THE TUB WITH ABOUT 3 OR 4 INCHES OF COLD WATER WHEN I WAS WORKING IN THE YARD.  EVERY TEN MINUTES OR SO I WOULD COME INDOORS AND STAND IN THE TUB FOR A FEW MINUTES.  IT SURE MANAGED TO COOL ME DOWN BEFORE HEADING OUT TO GARDEN AGAIN.

DEVONNE.......I SAW THAT CELINE PROGRAM.  SHE'S THIN AS A RAIL.  SHE HAS THE MOST WONDERFUL VOICE I THINK I'VE EVER ENJOYED.  LOVE HER MUSIC.  SUCH A SAD THING FOR SOMEONE SO YOUNG AND GIFTED. STILL, SHE'S A FIGHHTER SO MAYBE THINGS WILL IMPROVE DOWN THE LINE. 
HOW NICE THAT YOUR SONS DID OKAY HAVING LUNCH TOGETHER.  THERE IS HOPE FOR THEM AT LAST.  IT SURE WOULD BE NICE IF THEY COULD GET ALONG.

TRISH......SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR NIECE CHLOE.  SO SUDDEN AND SURPRISING.  I CAN SEE WHY EVERYONE IS SCARED.  NO ANSWERS YET AND SHE'S JUST NOT WELL.  SENDING PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS HER WAY.  SHE'S TOO YOUNG TO HAVE SUCH MEDICAL ISSUES PLAGUING HER.  HUGS. 

ITS MY DAY FOR BINGO.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.  ALSO MY PIZZA IS SCHEDULED TODAY.  I MADE THE SAUCY GROUND BEEF TOPPING LAST NITE SO ITS READY TO GO.  THE PIZZA IS THAWED.  I WILL MAKE IT FOR AN EARLY SUPPER I THINK.  
I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/26/2024 8:55 am)

Board footera