OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/15/2024 12:12 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 9 ~ SAT JUNE 15

JUDY.........YOU NEED TO SUBMIT AFTER THE FIRST PARAGRAPH OR SO.  AND THEN EVERY COUPLE MORE.  THAT WAY YOU DO NOT LOSE IT ALL.  BEEN THERE DONE THAT.  I LEARNED MY LESSON.

I'M A BIT LATE GETTING ON HERE TODAY.  BUSY MORNING.
MY SON SHOPPED FOR ME AND GOT EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE TURKEY BREAST ON SALE.  OF COURSE IT'STHE LAST DAY OF THE SALE AND THEY RAN OUT.

MY NEIGHBOR TOM LOVES HIS NEW CAR AND I LOVE THE COLOR BLUE.  HE IS MOVING DOWNSTAIRS TOMORROW.  HIS PAL COULN'T MAKE IT TODAY BUT THE NEW APT IS ALL READY FOR HIM.  THE MGMT IS NOT GOING TO MOVE HIM AS I THOUGHT ORIGINALLY.  HE HAS TO GET HIS OWN MOVERS.  I BROUGHT HIM CASSEROLE FOR LUNCH.  HE'S ALWAYS SO APPRECIATIVE.

ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY HERE ONLY 72 AND SUNNY.  CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR SUMMERS.  AND OUR WINTERS ARE GETTING MILDER TOO SO IT PAYS TO STAY IN MAINE.

NOT MUCH ELSE LADIES.  GOT TO PUT AWAY MY GROCERIES.  I ALREADY DID THE FRIDGE ITEMS. THE REST OF THE DAY WILL BE RELAXING FOR ME.  SOME TV, SOME READING, LOTS OF EATING.  

HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/15/2024 12:16 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/15/2024 2:28 pm  #42

Afternoon y'all! 

Car thermometer read 101* in the shade.  Good day to stay indoors! 

I have done 4 tours.  2 more to go!  The "sister" facility to the one mom is currently in is dangling a mighty big carrot in front of us.  They are owned by a different management company so are less likely to be bought out!  The carrot (incentives)  no move in fee, a big savings. They will move her stuff to the new facility, at their cost, plus a reduction in the room rate.  I will tour there on Monday, then make the decision.  It is almost as close as the other one, just in a different direction.  I'm still skeptical, but I need to give them a chance to convince me!  

This whole process is tough.  Hopefully, I will not have to do this ever again.   Mom will probably out live us all!  LOL! 

I am downloading the patterns, free-my favorite price, from the fat quarter shop.  Spooky & Sweet is the name of the weekly patterns series.  They also have a cross-stitch pattern with the same name!  

I have been taking stuff with me to mom's to do as I sit there and watch her watch TV or sleep.  I have finished all my hand repairs that have been in the sewing room for sometime.  I have punched holes in the hexie cardboard shape so I can make the blocks for the quilt.  Next is getting the fabric on the cardboard, then sew together!  I forgot to put the pins in the case I bought for this purpose.  Hand sewing is fine.  I still find it therapeutic!  Plus I may finish the quilt in my lifetime!  LOL! 

Trying to keep a positive spin on all of this.  I have been very unhappy with the care mom has been getting.  So this will hopefully be a positive thing!  I have back-ups in the event I am once again not happy!  Once the Monday tour is over I will make a decision. 

One of the places I toured was nice but the facility needed many repairs.  The one studio apartment they showed me had water damage on the ceiling.  The exterior had woodpecker damage, from the birds going after the carpenter bees.  There was much more that I saw so I was worried that they were very backlogged in repairs, so if mom had an issue, how long to get it fixed?  So to the bottom of the list for consideration it went!  

The new management was supposed to take over today.  So far no word.  We will see what happens in the next few days! 

As y'all can tell I am very stressed!  I cannot wait till she is moved.  I will be able to tell her honestly that they are closing where she was, and I moved her long before the closing!  I also do hope it will all go seamlessly!  Only time will tell.  

Need to run.  Later my Friends! 

6/15/2024 3:08 pm  #43

Thanks, (again) QB.  How many times do I need to be reminded?  I dare not fuss about it to Howard as he's not sympathetic to stupidity.  Part of it is I'm always in a hurry and somehow think that's a step that takes time, but the converse takes much more time, plus the aggravation.  I'm going to do better, I am, I am...

Theresa, you poor dear.  I'm sure you're burned out with all these continuing decisions that never seem to end,  But, since  you aren't happy with her current place even if they stayed in business, I guess this forced change will be for the best...in the end.  I'm so glad you're back in your own home with a good partner to shore you up instead of far away in SC, working like a slave.    And you're feeding your soul, as you can, with what you love to do, the hand work. Some things seem like they'll never end, but they will, someday.

That's my new word for the year, admittedly a bit late in choosing it: SOMEDAY    It can cover so many issues.

I'm gonna faint!  The kid next door, who seldom sticks his head out, is in his yard, watering their garden.  He's very overweight because all he does is  play video games and sedentary stuff.  He'll be 18 in July and will finally be a senior, I think, if he passed.  I know I sound mean, but I'll never get used to the way kids are allowed to be, these days.  (MYOB, Judy)

Last edited by indyanny (6/15/2024 3:09 pm)

6/15/2024 6:36 pm  #44

It's still 86 degrees at 8:30, so my a/c is working overtime! I have the water going on the front grass so I'll have a big water bill next month.

Judy, I watched a show today about the Stone Mansion in Winchester, Indiana. Beautiful marble fireplaces, marble from Italy, in almost every room. It's on the list of historical places, but was hit by a tornado in March of this year. They are working on doing repairs. They have events there and anyone can spend the night. It's supposed to be a haunted mansion. 

Theresa, good luck on making the right decision. Pray about it. I will too for you! 

I folded a load of clothes today and grilled pork chops. That's the extent of my work schedule today, lol! 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/15/2024 6:39 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/15/2024 7:34 pm  #45

=19.5pxSo nice to read all things happening with you all.

INDY I do the same here ALL the time, if I unthinkingly go back to read something - yikes😄it all goes, trying to remember to post partially.
Agree on kids being so inactive now, we were used to being out all day, different world now.

SANDRA how nice to share with your friend, guess you two will be walking the stairs to share food with Tom ( or get his containers filled 😄) so sorry your daughter didn’t make it yet again,  but you got to see your darling boy. You would have been looking forward to that turkey!

THERESA doesn’t stop for you does it, the current  place has not been good for either of you, sending best wishes that you find a better place (((( hugs))))

HOLLY absolutely no idea on chipped beef, or creamed, sorry. Are you all settled back down after family visits.

DEVONNE really don’t want to ask this, is it possible you have developed an allergy to the dogs, it can happen, W can’t be around cats, and he takes an allergy tablet if he’s going  to be spending lots of time with Megan’s dogs. His affects his eyes, they get red and weep. Best wishes to you finding out what is causing this (((hugs)))

It’s warm here again, and boring LOL, he’s in heaven, I am surviving. I’ve done a bit of walking, a massive mall is about 15 mins walk, then of  course the walking IN the mall. Found a nice place for coffee, and we have eaten out every night with his friends.

feel a bit bad I haven’t called my cousin back to see if we can meet up, they moved further away, so we don’t really want to drive 2 hours each way to visit. 

I might walk to the mall again, he’s out, and there is a nice book shop there. The book I brought with me is done LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera