OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/11/2024 9:06 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 9 ~ SAT JUNE 15

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE.  I JUST LOVE LIVING IN MAINE.

CHERYL......YOU NEED A LARGE ROOM WHEN YOU HAVE A 75" TV.  TOO CLOSE AND IT CAN DO SOME DAMAGE TO YOUR EYES.  
IT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL.  SUCH FUN BEING WITH FAMILY.

DEVONNE......YOU HAVE A LOT OF COOKING TO DO WITH THOSE STRAWBERRIES BUT THEY SURE LOOK TASTY.

TRISH.....YIKES, SORRY YOU FORGOT YOUR KINDLE.  AT LEAST YOU BROUGHT ONE BOOK ALONG.  I HOPE YOUR TRIP GOES WELL AND YOU GET SOME ENJOYMENT FROM IT.

THERESA......I AM HAPPY TO HEAR LUKE LIKES MAINE.  I LOVE THE WEATHER.  THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT VACATIONLAND.  WILL HE HAVE THE SAME JOB THRU WINTER IF HE STAYS?

I DID MY LAPS FOR THE MORNING.  MY DAILY LIST IS SHORT, JUST WIPING DOWN/CLEANING THE LITTLE APPLIANCES......TOASTER, MICROWAVE, TOASTER OVEN.   I MADE THE PORK CHOP BAKE YESTERDAY FOR SUPPER AND ENJOYED IT.  CHOPS, POTATOES, ZUCCHINI AND CARROTS.  I HAVE ENOUGH FOR A FEW MORE MEALS.  I LOVE WHEN I GET TO FORGET COOKING FOR A DAY OR TWO.

NOTHING SPECIAL PLANNED HERE LADIES.  SAME OLD , SAME OLD.  A LITTLE OF THIS AND A LITTLE OF THAT TO KEEP MY DAY GOING.  I THINK I MAY MAKE SOME LEMONADE TODAY.  THAT WILL BE DIFFERENT.  WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/11/2024 9:13 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/11/2024 9:59 am  #22

TRYING TO GET US READY FOR HIS EYE DOCTOR APPOINTMENT. E CAN'T SEEM TO HURRY ANYMORE. OH, WEll.

thinking of everyone. Prayers.........

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/11/2024 10:04 am  #23

Good Morning, it is a fairly decent day here, no sun, but bright clouds and plenty of blue sky.  It is 60*, so think we're in for a nice day.  Sharon is here and is making me some breakfast balls.  That will be nice to have them on hand.  I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

6/11/2024 3:15 pm  #24

Almost suppertime, but I'm off the hook, tonight, as Howard had lunch with Dave and said he doesn't want any supper.  I can make do with anything.  ML called right after he left and while she doesn't want to take up any of my alone time, she'd forgot and had bought  us some strawberries and was on her way here with them.
Really, I'm not THAT possessive of my alone time.  So, I was glad to see her, get the delicious strawberries, feed her lunch and see her on her way to a hair appt.  And, still had some time to myself.  

Theresa, you DO get around.    Sounds like you and Todd had a good time on a mini vacation.  I'm hoping the new owners of your Mom's place do a better job.  I hate to see you upset all the time after all you've been through.  Be sure and tell us when the turtle eggs hatch.  What a neat thing for you to observe and then be wise enough to time their hatching.  I've always been fascinated with all types of turtles.    Congrats to Sara.  What an accomplishment!  

Trish, well, it's nice to have a choice, but physically, we can only read one book at a time, (??) (oh, you know what I mean)... so maybe yours will last you til you get back home.  Good luck.

Devonne, sounds like you're going to be all set in the sound dept.  Howard and I swapped TVs.  He couldn't get his 65"  to work upstairs so he took my 55" which fit MY decor down here, better, IMHO..  He keeps taunting me for us to get a larger one.  So far, I've held him off.  And of course, Walmart is always practically giving them away.  (being sarcastic).  I have to admit, I do like this one, now.  He regularly suggests that we swap back again but, again so far, we haven't.  As if we don't enough things to fuss about... Do you have to wait for Greg to install the sound system and TV?

Hope you all have a lovely evening and sweet dreams.

Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/11/2024 3:23 pm)

6/11/2024 7:50 pm  #25

I spent today with Gary and Caleb. We left at 8 am and took Sadie Grace to her gymnastics class. They have a "camp"going on for 4 days and it's 3 hours every day. It was boring so we left and went to Walmart.

Trish, I hope you enjoy your trip. I didn't realize you were leaving so soon! 

Cheryl, I have been looking up strawberry jam recipes on You Tube. I didn't know you could make jam without pectin. I need a recipe where I can use Monkfruit. I buy ChocZero jam from Amazon that is sugar free. It's the best tasting sugar free I have found.

Theresa, I hope you will see changes with the new ownership. Congratulations to Sara! Luke really seems to know what he wants to do. How did he get interested in this type of work?

Judy, I have to wait on Greg to install everything. I wouldn't know where to start. The tv in my bedroom is a 55" and only a year old. He said to watch the same program on both tvs and if I don't see a difference, then maybe I don't want to spend the money on a new tv. I haven't done that comparison yet. I'm sure I will notice a difference.

I'm not used to getting up this early. I'm taking the trash out and then headed to bed to watch TV. You know I won't go to sleep early, lol!

Last edited by DownSouth (6/11/2024 7:53 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/12/2024 8:52 am  #26

ITS ANOTHER LOVELY DAY.  I LOVE SUNSHINE.

MY DAU AND GRDAU ARE COMING TO VISIT TODAY.  I MAY NOT GET TO BINGO TONITE.  THEY WERE TO COME EARLIER IN AFTERNOON BUT G'S DR WANTS TO SEE HER IN HIS OFFICE.  THE VISIT WAS TO BE ONLINE BUT HE NEVER MET HER SO WANTS AN PERSONAL VISIT.  THEY WILL COME AFTER THE APPT.

NOTHING ELSE PLANNED.  I HAVE STEAK DEFROSTED SO IN A PINCH I CAN MAKE THEM PEPPER STEAK SANDWICH ROLLS TO EAT.  I HAVE DEVIL DOGS AND SOME CHOC CHIP COOKIES.  ALSO SOME CANDY TO MUNCH ON.  MY LEFTOVER PORK CHOP BAKE WON'T BE AS TASTY TO THEM AS IT IS TO ME SO WILL NOT SHARE THAT.  I KNOW THEY LOVE BUNDIES BUT THEY DID NOT LET ME KNOW AHEAD OF TIME THAT THEY WERE COMING.  NOT UNTIL THIS MORNING.  TOO LATE TO MAKE THEM TODAY.  THEY WILL HAVE TO MAKE DO WITH WHAT I HAVE.

NOTHING ELSE EXCITING HERE.  HAVE A GOOD DAY. HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/12/2024 8:56 am)

6/12/2024 9:36 am  #27

Good Morning to everyone!!  Nothing much going on here this morning.  We have a very slight breeze, but no sun, it is 53*, so not a great day!!  I really don't have anything going today, think Frank just got up, must have finished his coffee.

I really don't have a thing to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

6/12/2024 12:10 pm  #28

Have a nice family visit, Sandra! 
Thanks for the recommendations for Aldi, Cheryl and Trish. 
I just finished the new Nora Roberts, Mind Games. Some woo woo, some real sad parts, very readable as all hers are. She’s a genius on a whole other level. 

Lisa the house cleaner was here for her monthly visit, house is so nicely cleaned! 

It’s 80 here, AC is on. The kids get out of school next week here and in WA. We face timed with Manda on her birthday and got to see Huckleberry running around the yard with G. 

I thawed some of the turkey slices I’d frozen, so that will be dinner with sweet potatoes and stuffing. 

6/12/2024 3:31 pm  #29

Holly, Greg loves Aldi. He buys grassfed beef there and finds all kinds of things that no other store carries.

I have an ENT appt. in the morning (the 3rd one). I won't be going back there again if he can't tell me what is wrong.

The sound system arrived. I got the garage door up just in time. So glad he didn't leave it at the front door.

We are in for a scorcher...94 Friday, 95 Saturday & Sunday. I got out at 7:30 this morning to water what little grass I have left in my front yard. I did plant some Bermuda grass seed, but don't have much faith in it coming up. Replacing sod is going to be so expensive, so trying to avoid that.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/12/2024 3:32 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/12/2024 9:15 pm  #30

Devonne, how you considered planting clover? I’ve been bugging Ralph to do it for years. It only gets 3 inches high, so no cutting. 

6/13/2024 9:30 am  #31

Good Morning, it is a beautiful day here, sun is shining brightly!  No breeze and it is 52*.  Love it!!!  Have no plans for the day, Rhonda is grocery shopping, have a small list for her.

My calendar says "Tranquil pleasures last the longest".  Nice saying, I think.  Well, I really have nothing to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

6/13/2024 10:44 am  #32

DID I TELL YOU I REC'D MY HOSPITAL BILL FOR THE HEART DIAGNOSTICS?  COST IS $3500 BUT WITH MY INSURANCE I ONLY HAVE TO PAY $245..  I MAILED THE PAYMENT TODAY SO GOT TO TAKE OFF ANOTHER 10% FOR MY DISCOUNT.  IT SURE COSTS BIG BUCKS THESE DAYS.

I GOT THE TRASH OUT AND VACUUMED ALREADY.  I AM THINKING FOOD.  LIKE MAC SALAD, HAMBURGER SOUP AND TATER TOT CASSY.  OF COURSE THE SOUP AND CASSY ARE TO SHARE WITH MY SON.  I WILL CHECK WITH HIM FIRST TO SEE WHAT HE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE HOME THIS WEEK.

AS USUAL, MY DAUGHTER NEVER GOT HERE.  I GOT A TEXT THAT AFTER MY GRDAU'S DR APPT HER CAR WAS OVERHEATING SO THEY WENT RIGHT HOME INSTEAD.  THAT'S TWICE WITH A CAR EXCUSE IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS.  I KNOW THEY HAVE ISSUES.  ITS AN OLD CAR.  I WISH THEY COULD AFFORD A BETTER ONE BUT ITS NOT IN THE CARDS.  THAT ALSO MEANT I NEVER GOT TO BINGO EITHER.  THE GAME WAS CALLED OFF CAUSE ME AND ANOTHER COULDN'T MAKE IT.  WE ARE BOTH CALLERS.  JEAN CALLS WHEN I AM NOT THERE.  WELL, MAYBE NEXT WEEK I CAN WIN A BIT OF CASH TO PAY FOR MY LAUNDRY.

I AM DOING MORE READING.  ANOTHER LIGHT MYSTERY AT HAND.  I ALSO CONTINUE TO PLAY SOLITAIRE SEVERAL TIMES A DAY, BOTH ON MY PUTER AND MY PHONE.  I LIKE THE ONE ON THE PHONE BETTER BUT I HATE HAVING TO RECHARGE MY BATTERY SO OFTEN.

LETS SEE, WHAT ELSE.   OH, ITS A BRIGHT SUNNY DAY AND RIGHT NOW ITS 75 AND LOVELY OUT.  I HAVE A COUPLE OF MOVIES ON THE AGENDA TODAY AND TOMORROW.  FAVORITES ON TCM LIKE GARY COOPER IN FRIENDLY  PERSUASION, AND A COUPLE OF CASTLE PROGRAMS I REALLY LIKED.  I WATCHED THE END OF REAR WINDOW YESTERDAY ON TCM.  UNFORTUNATELY THE CABLE POPPED OUT FOR OVER AN HOUR SO DIDN'T SEE THE BEGINNING.  THAT'S ALRIGHT, I'VE SEEN IT SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE.  FUNNILY ENOUGH A CASTLE PROGRAM ABOUT HIM BEING LAID UP WITH A BROKEN LEG AND A REAR WINDOW STORY IS RUNNING TONITE ON CASTLE ON LIFETIME CHANNEL.  I'LL HAVE TO WATCH THAT.  I ENJOYED IT THE FIRST TIME AROUND.

THAT'S IT FRIENDS.  MY DAY IS FUN AND I LOVE THE FOOD WHEN I GET TO COOK.  I AM HAPPY IN MY LITTLE APT.  I AM HAPPY WITH MY FRIENDS HERE IN THE BUILDING.  I AM BLESSED WITH MY SON WHO SHOPS FOR ME TWICE A MONTH.  WHAT MORE COULD AN OLD GAL ASK FOR.  OH, AND I GET AROUND PRETTY WELL THO SOMETIMES A BIT OF BALANCING ACT.  STILL, I SOMETIMES WISH I HAD MY OWN CAR.

HUGS FOR YOU ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/13/2024 10:57 am)

6/13/2024 2:08 pm  #33

Another prescription today from the ENT dr, Clarithromycin. He said this is in a different class. If this doesn't work, I'll get a CT scan in two weeks.

Sandra, so sorry you got stood up. You were looking forward to her visit. I wish they could get a better car too. How does she like the real estate job?

Holly, clover attracts a lot of bees and I doubt my close neighbors would appreciate that, lol. If this seed doesn't take, I'm planting regular grass seed this fall. Hope the HOA won't say anything, but my neighbors might wonder why my grass is so green and theirs is dormant and brown, lol. Any grass is better than a dirt yard. The backyard is fine, it's only my small front yard.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/13/2024 2:10 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/13/2024 2:19 pm  #34

Afternoon y'all! 

Holly, Sara already has her Masters, she is working on her PHD.  Getting published even as a co-author is great.  

I had many questions, from y'all, regarding Luke.  He would not be seasonal.  He would have to find himself a place to live, could not stay in park housing.  Not sure what he would be doing, I guess he would be in Fees still!  As with anything related to the government, it's a wait and see! 

The mom saga continues!  Some of the staff have told me that the new company will be giving all residents a 30 day notice to move out!  Lovely!  So I have contacted my "A Place for Mom" person I used before and I have 5 tours lined up.  Had one today and loved the place, easy in and out.  No buzzer and wait for someone to unlock the door.  In this Georgia heat that is hard.  They do lock the door at 8 pm, works for me.  The whole building is bright and cheerful, the one she is in has all soft lights.  This one is at the top of my list.  4 more tours and I will make a decision.  Driving wise they are in my comfort zone.  I think if she is taken to activities etc as they said they would do, it would be very stimulating for her and she would improve.  The place she's at now, said they would do that and have not done it!  Hubby and I need to talk and decide what to do.  I'm tempted to move her regardless.  

Now you know what is occupying my time.  Tours of new facilities!  My contact at APFM is awesome, and has been a great guide.  

Nothing else exciting in my little corner of the world.  I need to carve myself out some me time so I don't go crazy with all of this.  Hubby has been great through this.  Unfortunately it is happening during his busiest week of the year.  He has been great helping me gather stuff together.  Reads the emails from the places during his downtime.  He's just stuck at home in case anything goes wrong he is right there!  Tomorrow I have 2 tours!  A lot but I need to be quick before it becomes general knowledge about what is coming down the pike! 

Later my Friends! 

6/13/2024 7:24 pm  #35

Theresa, good luck with finding a new place for mom.  That is so stressful.

Devonne, I sure hope this new medication works for you.  You have been ill a long time.

It was 89 degrees today but had a nice breeze so it did not feel so hot.  It is supposed to reach 95 by next week with high humidity and I am not looking forward to that.  My AC will be on for sure.  Just have my windows open now.

It is summer and we have Gabriel and Amelia most all day.  They are tired of coming here and we are tired of it too, but Aaron and Katie have to work so we are the answer.  Gabriel could stay home by himself but he usually opts to come here cause he likes the food at my house.   He has to choose; stay home for the computer games or eat.  He could stay home and watch over Amelia, but those two fight terribly and Amelia will not listen to a thing he says, so that does not work.  Right now, either Dean or I go over in the morning so they don't have to get up at 6 am when Aaron goes to work.  We stay a couple of hours and then come here.  It is only a 20 drive from our house, but it does get tiring.  The kids are bored already.  Thank goodness they will be going to California the last week of June to visit Katie's family.  We do get to babysit the dog, though.

Nothing else to say here, so will go for now.

6/14/2024 9:38 am  #36

CHERYL........TENDING KIDS CAN BE A JOB.  WHEN I BUILT MY APT IN MY SON'S BASEMENT I HAD TO TAKE 2 MORNING TRIPS TO THE BUS STOP AND 2 AFTERNOON TRIPS WHEN THE 2 GRANDS CAME HOME. THEY WENT TO DIFFERENT SCHOOLS BECAUSE OF AGE.  PRIMARY AND MIDDLE.  OUR BUS STOP WAS 7/10THS OF A MILE AWAY AND WITH A STEEP HILL AT THE END OF IT ALONG THE HIGHWAY.  I DROVE THEM BOTH WAYS.  THEN I WATCHED THEM TIL PARENTS GOT HOME FROM WORK.  I WAS YOUNGER SO NOT TOO MUCH OF A PROBLEM, JUST WAKING UP EARLY EVERY DAY.
I ALWAYS MADE SURE ALL THE KIDS (ABOUT 5 OTHERS IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD) GOT PICKED UP FOR HOME BEFORE I WENT HOME.  WHEN A PARENT WAS NOT THERE I WOULD DRIVE THEM HOME.  I DID NOT WANT ANY KIDS BEING PICKED UP BY STRANGERS IF THEY WERE BEING WATCHED.  WE LIVED IN THE COUNTRY.  NO HOMES AROUND THE BUS STOP.  OUR HOMES WERE UP AND OVER THE HILL AND IN THE WOODS.
YOUR LITTLE ONES ARE LUCKY TO HAVE YOU BOTH TO TEND THEM.  IN THIS DAY AND AGE THE KIDS NEED ADULTS AROUND.  TOO MUCH HAPPENING OUT IN THE WORLD.  MY GRANDSON, WHO WAS YOUNGER, LOVED MY TOASTED CHEESE SANDWICH AND HIS SPONGE BOB SERIES EVERY DAY.

DEVONNE.......MY DAU WORKS IN A BAKERY.  ITS MY DAU-IN-LAW IN REAL ESTATE AND NOW WORKING FOR A HOUSING AUTHORITY IN THE BIG CITY.  SHE DOES REAL ESTATE ON WEEKENDS.

MY PLANS FOR THE FOODS CONTINUES ON TRACK.  I ALREADY TOLD MY NEXT DOOR GUY I HAD HIS SUPPER OF SOUP ON THE MENU AND TATER TOT CASSY TOMORROW.  MY SON SHOPS AND HE SAID HE LOVES BOTH.  I WILL BROWN THE SAUSAGE TODAY AND GRATE THE CHEESE AND MAKE IT ALL UP TOMORROW FOR THE CASSY.

I WATCHED A FEW FAVORITE CASTLE RERUNS LAST NITE.  THE LIFETIME CHANNEL RUNS SEVERAL SHOWS EVERY DAY SO ITS A GOOD TIME TO PICK AND CHOOSE WHICH ONES I REALLY LIKED TO REWATCH.

ITS A GRAY DAY HERE RIGHT NOW.  WE ARE HAVING SHOWERS OFF AND ON SINCE YESTERDAY EVENING.  WE NEED THE RAIN SO NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME.  I DON'T GO OUT ANYWHERE ANYWAY.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/14/2024 9:50 am)

6/14/2024 11:03 am  #37

It’s hot here, 86 with a high to be 90! 
Cheryl, that’s a chore! We didn’t watch Heather’s kids too often, but when we did it was usually overnight and we’d go there, because the kids have cat allergies. If Manda’s kids were geographically close, we’d probably watch them a lot. It messes with your routine, but you don’t have a lot to choice. Schools here get out next week. 

Ralph wanted to go to Weber’s , a place with car hops. Terrific burgers! So we went for lunch. Ralph had a burger and brought home a grilled hot dog to have for dinner.

6/14/2024 11:52 am  #38

Theresa, too bad you have to do those tours on our hottest weekend of the year. Drink lots of water! You're doing the right thing by moving her.

Cheryl - I must be allergic to something...housecleaning, dust? Lol 

April -  ENT/sinus infection
May - Urgent Care/mild bronchitis & fluid in ears
May - ENT/Pressure in ears - another antibiotic
Flonase, Astepro, Allegra, Salt Nasal Rinse - never helped
June - ENT/horrible snorting noise & can't breathe thru nose. Constant post nasal drip.  Made a video for him to watch. Another new medication. I'm ready for the CT scan! 

I understand about the kids being bored. At home, they have a trampoline, a nice swing set & now an above ground pool Hannah bought yesterday. Nothing is going in my yard because they aren't here that often. Would make it more difficult for the lawn guy. G&E are like second parents to the kids. Gary actually does more with them than their parents because of work schedules. He takes them to school every day and picks them up and he has never complained. 

I got up early to water the grass seed. Realized I never took my trash to the curb. They always come at 9:30 so I made it. I got the master bathroom swept and mopped. The bed linens are in the washer and dryer. Hung up a bunch of clothes & I'm resting for awhile.

Holly, Webers sounds like somewhere I would go! I love old diners.

Sandra, you really have found a casserole that you love! How is Tom liking his newer car? When he moves, will you still get to see him and Oscar Meyer, his dog?

Last edited by DownSouth (6/14/2024 12:03 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/14/2024 7:04 pm  #39

A question for everyone! I saw an ad for creamed chipped beef, and it made it sound like it’s a regional dish. Is it? I always thought it was everywhere. 

There was a big female deer in our front yard this morning. We’ve seen them on the cameras, but this was the first one we’ve seen in a while. 

6/15/2024 11:27 am  #40

I dislike computers.  One misstep and everything  you typed is in thin air!     Maybe that's a clue to pare it down???

We had our small group gathering yesterday.  I took romaine, Mandarin orange salad and it was a hit.  Went well with the Italian casserole the hostess fixed.  We had a good time and a good catch-up.

Devonne, you asked a few days ago if we have any nighttime routines, or something like that.  I too turn over my 'My Pillow' for the cooler and loftier side when I get up in the night, always have a glass of water in the bathroom for a rinse and drink but at least  I never get up in the night to eat anything, which for me would not be a good habit to get into.

Cheryl, maybe it's a good thing that schools let out late and start earlier, now.    We had a full 3+ months off in the summer.  My friend, Bobbie who now helps her widowed son care for her motherless grandchildren, doesn't get much of a break, except, thankfully, he's a school teacher.  Still, the 3 of them camp a lot, so Bobbie has to go to their house those days to care for their 4 guinea pigs and 1 dog, who can't go with them due to his excess barking.  These kids fight like cats and dogs, too, so the girl, 15 can't really take care of the boy, 11.  
Not my problem but I care about  my elderly friend and  feel for her.  Like everything else, one day it will end for her and for you, too ...

I was a bit bored as an only child on a rural farm. I could walk 1/4 mile up the highway to my Aunt Glady's with her brood of kids. But they were all very little, so not much fun to play with.  And, there was always a cat to tote around until it could escape from me.  I dared not bother any of Grandma's chickens if I could have caught one, which I did once, carried it around until it pooped all down the front of my blouse.  Served me right!    I watched Uncle Johnnie Coons on tv  at lunchtime and developed my love for Laurel and Hardy.  
The days were hot, long, but easy and peaceful and I wouldn't trade them for the frenetic pace people feel they must do, nowadays.    Any of you with summertime memories? 

We were considering an 'outing' to Ollie's but with $2000 spent on truck repairs this week, we don't need to buy stuff we don't need just for something to do.

Have a good day and weekend.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/15/2024 11:39 am)

Board footera