OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/02/2024 12:48 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JUNE 9 ~ SAT JUNE 15

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/08/2024 9:51 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 9 ~ SAT JUNE 15

Have a great Sunday, and a great week!

I appreciate your continued prayers for J! She remains in the hospital in ICU and has developed pneumonia. She's had such a rough time! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

It was another beautiful day here! This after so many chilly, rainy days, so it was greatly appreciated. ❤️

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/09/2024 12:02 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

6/09/2024 12:20 am  #3

Oh  DIANE Poor J she really is doing it tough ((((hugs)))) prayers for you all 

it's been a beautiful day here too! Sun has been shining, although it is cold, getting quite cold now it's after 4pm.
I finally got a new 'lint remover' for my sweater, I get fluffy pills over my sweaters, I got one from the LQS, and it works beautifully. So now my sweater is washed and on the airer drying.

I got my knitting all found, and packed up, sewed buttons on the scarf thing I made, just need to finish the one for Megan while away, couldn't find the buttons, so I got more, good deal at 50% off LOL now I'll find the ones I lost, only wasted $3, the old ones were cut from old sweaters. 

INDY we all be away for almost 2 weeks, it will be warm there, the Mr is happy, me not so much, if it goes well I'll stay, if not I'll grab a flight home LOL He can take a couple days to drive back by himself.  

DEVONNE hope your boys have fun, Gary & John left this morning for a week and half driving south, across to South Australia, then up to the top of our state. They are camping, it's cold, and I hope they can put up with each other for that length of time, if not I guess they will comeback LOL  Gary wants to see his aunt & uncle in our states north.

SANDRA I am having lots of leftovers today & tomorrow, the quiche was really good, I copied the recipe to my phone, might make it again while we are away, easy, and quick to do. I am hoping we will eat at the apartment a bit this time, eating out all the time is boring. especially if it's at the local bowling club where all the bowlers meet, crowded and not so much fun, it's all bowling talk!! I have  been watching The Phyrne Fisher Murder Mysteries, it's on Netflix and I also have some DVDs, it's not very good, but nice to see some Australian scenery, it's set in  1940s I think, after WW2 anyway.

I was planning to iron down the strips  on the QAYG with fusible, found some when I was searching for things, it didn't work well, so back to plan A

I'll try to add pics of the quilt, all the threads are showing, the black  frays so easily, I think I will give it to the kids to play on at training 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/09/2024 12:26 am  #4

Well, I wrecked up the layout for the back, the salmon/pink  coloured were not supposed to be that close LOL  Too late though, had already sewn rows together when I noticed LOL it was all cheap fabric, and =19.5pxdefinitely not my =19.5pxusually colours or style LOL, just a quick quilt to do at camp. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/09/2024 6:32 am  #5

Diane- continued prayers for J.
Trish- the quilt is very nice! 

I’m working to finish up a quilt I started at the March retreat.  Not a favorite but DH thinks I should finish it. 

Didn’t go to the guild quilt show and now I feel bad about that.  I live in the world of regret….coulda, woulda, shoulda.

6/09/2024 9:04 am  #6

ITS MY DAY OF REST AND THAT'S WHAT I PLAN FOR THE DAY.  REST, REST, REST.

DIANE.....SO SORRY ABOUT THE NEWS ON J.  I HOPE THIS CLEARS UP FAST.  SHE HAS ALL THE FACILITIES TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN.  PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS CONTINUE.

TRISH......I DID NOT CARE FOR MISS PHRYNE.  IT WAS FINE TIL I REALIZED SHE WOULD SLEEP WITH EVERY MAN THAT CAME IN HER ORBIT.  NOT A FAN OF SLUTS AND THE LIKE.  I'M NOT A PRUDE BUT EVERY MAN WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME TO WATCH.
BUT I LOVE THE NEWER ONESA TITLED MS. FISHER'S MODERN MURDER MYSTERIES MADE JUST IN THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS.  SHE'S PHRYNE'S NIECE, PEREGRINE, AND A SMART GAL.  GREAT CAST AND I LOVE THEM ALL.  MORE MODERN TIMES AND STILL IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS.  YOU MAY FIND IT ON BRITBOX I THINK.
LOVE YOUR QUILT.  LOOKS LIKE STAINED-GLASS AND I AM A FAN OF STAINED-GLASS IN MOST FORMS.  
I WISH YOU A FINE TRIP THAT BRINGS YOU SMILES AND RELAXATION AND GOOD FOOD.

DEVONNE......HOW ARE YOUR LITTLE GIRLS DOING?  ARE THEY BEHAVING THEMSELVES?  I AM GOING TO MISS LITTLE OSCAR MEYER WHEN HE MOVES DOWNSTAIRS.  THEY ARE RE-DOING THAT APT SO TOM AND OSCAR CAN MOVE IN NEXT MONTH.  I HOPE WHOEVER MOVES NEXT DOOR IS A GOOD NEIGHBOR.

MY GREY CHOICE FOR THE BELMONT STAKES DIDN'T WIN.  HE PUT UP A GOOD FIGHT BUT TOOK THE LEAD MUCH TOO EARLY FOR SUCH A LONG RACE AND FADED TO ABOUT 5TH AT THE END.  DORNOCH WON THE RACE AT 17-1 SO NOT A FAVORITE. GOOD PAYOUT FOR THE BETTING CROWD. 

THAT'S IT LADIES.  WISHING YOU A FINE DAY.  HERE IT IS A RAINY ONE BUT NO COMPLAINTS FRO ME SINCE WE NEED THE RAIN AND I DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE ANYWHERE.
HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/09/2024 9:16 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/09/2024 11:19 am  #7

QB, since you were for the grey,  so was I    and  I agree, he was ahead of himself and got worn out.   
If  you ever went, would you get yourself a fancy hat?  

Devonne, I answered your PM.  Hope you don't miss Greg and Carter too much.  When we lived 25 miles north of Galveston, in 1981-83, I wonder if the cruise ships left from there?  I read the Houston Chronicle, religiously, but don't remember anything about cruise ships.   As Howard always says, That's been a day or two!"

Diane, that's the longest I've ever heard of anyone being in ICU.  Bless J's dear heart.  Hoping for a miracle. 

Trish, when I was reading Homecoming, I looked  at the map of Australia to see where South Australia was in relation to Sidney whose location I have a picture of in my mind.  And, so that is where Gary and John are heading.  I loved geography in school, but always need a refresher, plus there are many changes, worldwide. since then.
So...you have more than one possible choice, stay or even fly home if you wish.  Good for you.  I've always been too much of a wimp to do much of anything by myself.  However, when we lived in TX I did fly back to Houston, from Indianapolis, alone.  ML and I had flown to Indiana for two weddings, one of which she was in and then she stayed on for a week or so.  I also like your quilt.  Thanks for the pic...

We too are having gorgeous weather but Howard tells me a heat wave is coming.  Thank goodness for the new A/C!  
With that, I'll close.  Have a good Sunday and enjoy yourselves.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/09/2024 11:22 am)

6/09/2024 1:19 pm  #8

My Bon Voyage visit to Greg's house Friday ended up costing me $689 plus tax, lol! He bought a new sound system that blew me away. I had to get it for my house. It will be here Wednesday. The only problem is now my tv needs replacing but will wait until I find a deal. Maybe Black Friday? I'm getting a 75" one.

Diane, so sorry to read J has pneumonia. Sending extra prayers.

Greg just texted me. He said the Galveston cruise port is pretty ugly, lol. I told him I didn't think it would look like Miami's port. 

I had leftover salmon patties for lunch and kale. The salmon patties were even better today than last night. 

Judy, I am headed to read your message.  It's 90 degrees right now, so I'm staying inside.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/09/2024 6:05 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/09/2024 6:04 pm  #9

Where is everybody?? 

Do you have any sleep habits? When I was a little girl, I always flipped my pillow to the cooler side. I still flip my pillow. I toss and turn a lot and that's why I don't like a memory foam mattress. My old Big Lots Serta mattress I can turn over easy on it...not this fairly new one. The Serta isn't a memory foam.

I'm headed to Walmart to buy Apple TV. I need it for my new sound system. I won't be using the Roku system in my living room anymore. They also have their Bissell little green machine on sale for $89. Might pick that up too. This will be the end of my frivolous spending (unplanned, lol) this month. This money was "supposed" to be for the future car savings account. 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/09/2024 6:10 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/10/2024 3:02 am  #10

Actually I had it wrong the series Miss Fisher is after WW1, I understand you not liking it, but I just skim over anything I don't like. I have more problems with the violence so many shows LOL. I am back to my McDonald & Dodds, I enjoy that one!

DEVONNE I Forgot to answer, you can see 'sent' and 'inbox' on PMs, just at the top, it's weird, it doesn't add on to your topic, you have to go back to 'sent' to see your reply.

I have packed, cleaned and now I'm tired, I have packed too many clothes, but too bad, they are in the car, it's not being weighed LOL so I am clear UNLESS I decide to come home early, then I might need to leave some things behind for him to bring back.

I decided after doing all that work on that quilt - thank you by the way, not my best work, it's kind of ugly LOL it was just an experiment to see if I remembered "how to" anyway after getting got all ready it's not coming away, decided to do all the strips by machine after all, I am currently doing the binding.  I have knitting and Sashiko to take with me.
Cold here tonight, it was down to about 40 this morning, and felt more like 25 LOL So I will be taking an old cardigan style knit with me to wrap up in - the A/C never feels warm enough in the Mazda, the only thing I don't like about it. My little car heats up quickly.

John and Gary have reached as far south as they go, now they are heading north from Port Augusta and then will cross over to Broken Hill, they have lots of driving ahead of them, they haven't quarrelled - yet - LOL They are staying in a lovely cabin with a loft tonight, it's gorgeous, so they have nice hot showers and can wash a few things - they have been amusing themselves counting the road kill on the way, it's a big count, some pretty long roads with many tucks/semis on them, so they see quite a lot.

I am heading to bed sooner rather than later, I need to try to get a good sleep tonight.
See you later!!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/10/2024 8:29 am  #11

Trish- have you ever looked at Sylvia Pippen’s sashiko site?  I have purchased several items from here.  Her  threads are wonderful and come in so many colors.  Her panels and/or kits are printed on high quality fabric.

6/10/2024 9:46 am  #12

Good Morning to everyone!!  Have no plans for the day, will just be lazy, I guess.   It is very cloudy this morning, 55*, so not a great day.  May go out to quilt room today, not sure, can't seem to get in the mood!!  Too bad, I spent so much time there in the past!

Well, I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

6/10/2024 9:56 am  #13

DEVONNE.....THAT WAS A COSTLY VISIT.  I HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT WELL FOR YOU FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT IN YOUR HOUSE.  STILL, YOU SAVED A FEW BUCKS GETTING IT NOW.
MY SLEEP HABITS ARE DULL.  I PRETTY MUCH STAY IN THE SAME POSITION THRU THE NIGHT.  NO OVER AND OVER AND SIDE TO SIDE FOR ME.  JUST ON MY BACK.

TRISH.....YES, LIKE YOU, I FAST FORWARDED PAST THE PARTS OF PHRYNE'S LIFE I WAS NOT LIKING VERY MUCH AND CONCENTRATED ON THE MYSTERY. 

LINDA......SINCE YOU NEED LARGER PRINT I HAVE JUST POSTED A RECIPE ON MY BLOG IN LARGER PRINT. 

I JUST POSTED THE TATER TOT CASSEROLE ON MY BLOG.  I HAVEN'T BEEN SEWING LATELY, BUT I HAVE BEEN TRYING MANY COOKING IDEAS.  I WILL POST THE ONES THAT APPEAL TO ME BEST ON MY BLOG AS I MAKE THEM NOW.  ITS A WAY TO USE MY BLOG FOR GOOD IDEAS TO SHARE.

AS FOR CHORES, ITS CLEAN STOVE DAY WHICH IS EASY THESE DAYS WITH ALUM. FOIL LINING THE DRIP PANS.  I LIKE SOAKING MY VENT FILTER THOUGH TO KEEP IT CLEANER.
I ALSO NEED TO TAKE OUT SOME TRASH TODAY.  NOT LOTS TO DO, BUT JUST ENOUGH TO KEEP ME ON MY TOES.  COOKING WILL BE A PORK CHOP BAKE WITH ZUKE AND TATERS AND CARROTS.  NOT QUITE A CASSEROLE BUT ENOUGH FOR LEFTOVERS FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. 
SEWING, I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.  WITH THE A/C SET AT 71 CONSTANTLY THE AIR IS NICE AND COOL AND SHOULD BE FINE FOR SEWING IN MY BEDROOM TOO, WITH MY NICE FAN IN THERE TO HELP.  LETS HOPE MY MOJO RETURNS.  I HAVE LOTS OF DRAWINGS READY FOR MAKING.

HAVE A GOOD DAY ALL.  ITS SUNNY AGAIN HERE AND WILL REACH 71 THEY TELL ME.  NICE DAY.
HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/10/2024 10:05 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/10/2024 10:19 am  #14

Steph and Dan got home safely. If they had flown from Portland to Philly, with a layover at Sea-Tac, it would have been 2 grand! They flew direct Portland to Newark for $600. How ridiculous. Newark is about 2 hours from us, and they were renting a car anyway. 

We saw them briefly to say goodbye yesterday. This morning we went to Aldi, first time we’ve tried it. It didn’t have the selection that Shop Rite does, so I still have to go there. It was ok, I’d go again for a good sale. 

Hot but not as bad, AC is on for the humidity. 

6/10/2024 3:22 pm  #15

Afternoon y'all! 

I am still working on week 2 of the mystery quilt!  Printing all the directions in case they disappear on me!  It really feels good to sew again!  Even if I can't be steady in getting things accomplished!  

Mom is doing OK.  Still fighting with them over the male caretaker vs female caretaker.  They need to just call me if it's a male so I can go take care of her.  I have stuff packed to take to do if I have to go there for that reason.  A friend of mine went this weekend and mom was not dressed, bed not made, nothing was done for her and it was late morning, lunch time for mom!  No excuse for this.  Change of ownership starts Saturday so I will assess the changes and see how things go! 

Went to NYC this weekend.  My Nephew got married there.  We were out of our comfort zone in the city.  We did have fun.  The wedding was beautiful.  We got back yesterday late afternoon!  Both flights to and from were very uneventful!  I did meet up with Jane (Kiwi) from the HGTV board.  We got to talk for a good hour.  My time was so limited.  Other than a glitch with a LYFT driver who did not want to leave Manhattan to pick us up in Brooklyn.  Kept calling Sara to get her to cancel, he is the one that should not have taken the ride and should have cancelled.  We took a taxi, really nice guy, and was cheaper than Lyft!  It all worked out well and life was good!  We did go see the Hamilton House, a NPS building.  It was so cool!  We also did the JP Morgan Library.  Thought of Kelly since they had a Beatrix Potter exhibit!  It ended yesterday so our timing was spot on!  The Library is a must see if you get the chance! 

Today, I am trying to return to normal, still tired!  Hubby has his busiest week of the year this week.  They are pushing updates and such!  So out of my wheelhouse!  

Sara was in Fort Worth TX for a conference all last week.  She presented at the conference and has been asked to collaborate on a few projects other people are doing, as a result she will be a coauthor on the resulting paper!  She is thrilled.  

Alex is the same.  No updates there! 

Luke is thriving at Acadia.  He loves it and is planning on putting in for a permanent position there, after he talks to his boss, to see if he can.  Fingers crossed! 

Need to go switch laundry!  Fun! Not!  But necessary.  Then go visit my mom and come back and cook!  Such an exciting evening! 

Nothing else from my little corner of the world! 

Later my Friends! 

6/10/2024 4:06 pm  #16

Theresa would a permanent position be 12 months or just tourist season? It’s great that he’s happy where he is. And congrats to Sara! Will she go for a masters? 

We got a market salad from Chick Filet and had it for dinner. We each had a big serving and there is enough left for a third serving! Not bad for about $10. 

6/10/2024 4:17 pm  #17

Gary called and asked if I wanted "some" strawberries. He got 15 pallets free. Last week he got raspberries free, which I don't like. He brought me two pallets of strawberries. Guess what I've been doing today?

Last edited by DownSouth (6/10/2024 4:28 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/10/2024 4:18 pm  #18

These are better than the ones we picked from the strawberry fields. So were the ones we got at Publix by Driscoll. I'm going to try and find a sugar free strawberry perserves recipe. I won't use regular sugar, but monkfruit or erthyitol. 

Now I need a Tylenol for my aching back. I don't know where he plans to store 13 pallets of strawberries. He doesn't even like fruit, but the kids do.

Wow, Theresa, I can't believe you went back up north to NYC after just returning from Maine. I would still be recovering from Maine, lol. At least you had a pilot this time!

Last edited by DownSouth (6/10/2024 4:44 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/10/2024 8:49 pm  #19

WOW, Devonne, those strawberries look delicious!!  I need to get to the local farm market since it is fresh strawberry time here too.  I make freezer jam (the recipe is in the SureGel box).  We love it.  There is also a sugarfree one but I have not used it.  

Dean would like to get a 75 inch TV too but I think it would be too big for our living room.  I am not a fan of the giant TVs.  We have a sound system that we never use.  I rarely watch a movie and I think those are best of the big TVs.

We had a "birthday" celebration for all four grandkids yesterday even though it was not actually any of their birthdays.  But it was fun and Andrew wanted to stay the night with us so Dean had to drive him back to Columbus today.  We had a grand time with the party and today with the kids.  We took them to go-kart, mini golf, Target shopping, since they all had Target gift cards and then to Taco Bell for lunch.  Fun day.  Dean then drove all the kids home, dropped Gabriel and Amelia off at their house on the way to Columbus, and drove the 2 and 1/2 hour ride back home.  I stayed home and watched TV 

It was rainy and cold today but the news says a heat wave is coming our way.  It was only 59 degrees today.

Holly, my friends all rave about Aldi, but I think it is just OK.  I do like their selection and price of various cheeses but really dislike their produce.  We also like their boxed brownie mix when I sometimes use a boxed mix.  Fudgy and cheap.

6/11/2024 3:20 am  #20

=19.5pxAt our overnight stop, we shared the driving, only about 6 hours driving time today, it’s cold again, but was quite warm during the day..

DEVONNE What a great haul 😄😄are you rinsing in vinegar? Yum, look up freezing them, they are great in muffins, smoothies etc.

HOLLY when we go to Aldi I stock up on what I want, I like their peanut butter, and rolled oats, most of the produce is just ok, but they had the  best mandarins last week, and some of their specials are fantastic, I got new travel power adapter, 2 powerpoints, 4 USBs  and the adapters for most of the world, all in a small travel pouch!

Cheryl great memories there, lots of fun, I sometimes get the Aldi brownie mix, also maple syrup.

SANDRA and INDY you wouldn’t believe it, I downloaded books to my Kindle, it’s still sitting at home 😱😱 I did pack an actual book though LOL

Internet is crappy here, see you tomorrow, took a few minutes to open this page LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera