OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/07/2024 1:06 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 2 ~ SAT JUNE 8

=16.25pxGOOD AFTERNOON!

Ts AND Ps FOR THOSE NEEDING THEM. SORRY FOR THE WORRIES OVER FAMILY MEMEBERS.

DEVONNE, ALWAYS ENJOY SEEING YOUR PLANTS IN YOUR YARD. THAT ROSE WAS EXQUISITE. LUCKY YOU.

I WISH MY FRIDGE WAS BIGGER THAN IT IS. MOST TIMES WORKS OKAY FOR US. HOLIDAYS, ANOTHER MATTER. WHEN WE DID THE KITCHEN, I DIDN'T WANT STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES, BUT ENDED UP WITH THEM. THEY DON'T SHOW MOST FINGERPRINTS. DH'S ARE ON THEM MOSTLY BECAUSE HE DOESN'T USE A NAPKIN. HAVE TO WIPE FRIDGE DOOR HANDLES ONCE OR MORE A DAY. WE DO HAVE WATER AND ICE IN DOOR AND I LOVE THAT FEATURE. NOT USING THE WATER FOR NOW, SINCE NEED A NEW FILTER. WISH THE WATER CAME OUT CHILLED. I HAD TO PUT A NOTE ABOVE THE ICE DESPENSER SINC DARRELL WAS ABOUT TO BREAK IT BY PULLING INSTEAD OF PUSHING. LOL OH, ALL KITCHEN APPLIANCES (MAJOR) ARE FRIDGERDAIRE. GOT THEM BECAUSE ONLY DISHWASHER THAT LOWE'S HAD THAT WAS STAINLESS STEEL INTERIOR.  WANTED OUTSIDES TO MATCH. LIVED WITH MISMATCHED KITCHEN APPLIANCES THAT DIDN'T MATCH. STOVE WAS 60s BRIBZEM FRUDGE WAS WHITE AND PORTABLE DISHWASHER WAS ALMOND. THE BLACK STOVE TOP IS A PAIN TO KEEP CKEAN. SHOWS EVER DRIP AND FINGERPRINT. DARRELL PUTS HIS HAND ON THE CORNER EVERY TIME HE COMES IN THE KITCHEN. WASHER AND DRYER ARE NEWER THAN THE KITCHEN AND THEY ARE LG. I DO LIKE THEM. DUE TO VISION, HAVEN'T LEARNED ALL THE FEATURES. 

MOMMY, DADDY AND BVABY GETTING TO GO HOME TOMORROW. SINCE SHE HAD A C SECTION, CONCERNED SHE CAN'T GET UP IN DADDY'S TRUCK. HER CAR WAS TOTALEDD A FEW WEEKS AGO. GLAD NONE OF THEM WERE HURT, BUT LEFT THEM WITH JUST A PICK UP. OFFERED OUR CAR. DARRELL WILL HAVE A COW. HE DOESN'T LIKE ANYONE DRIVING IT.  IF THEY WANT TO USE IT, HE'LL JUST HAVE TO GET OVER IT.

WISHING EVERYONE WELL.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS....................................................

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/08/2024 1:41 am)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/07/2024 6:01 pm  #42

Met Gary for breakfast, then I went to Greg's house for a Bon Voyage farewell. Their flight leaves for Houston in the am. They rented a car and are driving to Galveston, then boarding Harmony of the Seas. Carter went on this same cruise ship 2 years ago with his Mom. 

I read Joann filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. It said they were not closing any of their stores. 

I have been learning about the Trail of Tears. For years, all I knew is that it involved Indians moving to Oklahoma. I didn't know why they moved nor who forced them to move until yesterday. It's really sad how many lives were lost and how the Native Americans (Indians) were misplaced and mistreated. The Seminoles fought back against the government, but most of them eventually had to leave Florida...except those who hid in the Everglades. Really sad. 

Linda, I would have offered my car too, but Billy was more like Darrell. My fridge doesn't hold a lot, but from the outside, you would think it does. While I love the center drawer, it does take away from regular storage space.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/07/2024 6:10 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/07/2024 7:44 pm  #43

I have a side by side Thermador fridge stainless steel in the kitchen and a Frigidaire in my laundry, mud room.  I love having two.  
   My guild’s quilt show was today and also tomorrow.  I didn’t go and probably won’t tomorrow either.  

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/08/2024 1:26 am)

6/07/2024 10:35 pm  #44

I only have one fridge, but I have the huge upright freezer in the laundry room.

we just got home, a little after midnight! All the old folks stayed til after 11, we were joking about it being past bed time. We had tons of food! Jules had like 6 friends over, and the kids were in the pool for a long time. It was just such a nice get together, and Steph got to see both her aunts and uncles that live up here, and several of her cousins. 

Ralph went to bed, but I need to unwind a bit first.

6/08/2024 1:41 am  #45

SANDRA thank you, feeling better every day, still very tired though LOL I need some energy from somewhere. 
So good you didn't loose at Bingo, I am sure you had fun! I have a big crustless quiche in the oven, we should have plenty of leftovers. I also found a few shows I can watch on my iPad when we are away. AND I finished my QAYG, except for the handsewing, I may even sew the back strips down by machine tomorrow - I took a pic, so will show you all later., I even sewed the binding on LOL

STRINGS congrats on the new baby, wonderful news!!! I love his name, I would give them the car too, I have offered Megan mine when we are away, save her driving the big thing Gary has!

HOLLY lots of memories, and lots of fun, I saw my is yesterday, it's a longish drive back and forth, but we do love our time together.

BJ I love hearing that you have had your makeup on, your girls are coming OR already there, and how the weather is in your neck of the woods.

INDY I looked up the author she has a few books, I will get Homecoming on Kindle, if I want to I can get others. Always good to find a new author!

DEVONNE hope they have a good trip! Shame about Joann's so many stores closing, money is tight everywhere!

JANET I have a 'spare' fridge also in the garage, it always seems full as well LOL It's a steel one as well.

My freezer little drawer for ice  is actually in the freezer, not a small separate one. So good to have it!

I spent quite a while this afternoon searching for th buttons I put away to sew on my scarf/wrap. I put them away last year, just got the knitting out to take away, also spent quite some time searching for the pattern, I could work it out, but easier if I had the pattern, searched everywhere, pulled out bags and bags in the spare room, it had fallen out of the bag with the knitting and was under the bag on the table all the time!
 Honestly,I was so mad with myself LOL

Dinner is almost done, I need  to do washing every day now till we go, I like to have everything done and put away before we leave. And a clean today house as well. So next few days will be spent making sureall I need to do is put everything into a suitcase. the weather is going to be much warmer where we Willem every year I take too many things for cold days, and not enough for warmer, this year will be different!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/08/2024 9:12 am  #46

ITS GOING TO BE A SLOW SATURDAY.  LOVELY DAY OUTDOORS.  SUN IS SHINING, SKY IS BLUE  LOVE THESE DAYS.
A NICE DAY FOR THE BELMONT STAKES RACE TODAY.  I HOPE SIEZE THE DAY WINS TODAY.  I CHOSE HIM LAST TIME FOR THE PREAKNESS AND HE WON.  I WILL STICK WITH HIM TODAY.  I ADORE THE GRAY HORSES.  WAY BACK WHEN YOU NEVER SAW A GRAY HORSE RACING.  NOW THEY ARE QUITE POPULAR. AND THERE ARE SO MANY SHADES OF GRAY AND TINTS RIGHT UP TO CLEAR WHITE.

NOTHING SPECIAL PLANNED FOR TODAY.  I HAVE LEFTOVERS SO I AM GOOD.  I ALSO TOOK OUT PORK CHOPS TO DEFROST SO MAYBE A BAKE WITH ZUCHINNI AND POTATOES WILL DO THE TRICK FOR THOSE BABIES.  
THAT'S IT LADIES.  I HOPE YOU HAVE A FINE DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/08/2024 9:15 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/08/2024 9:25 am  #47

Good Morning, well, I have done my exercises and have my clothes ready to put on after shower.  Just waiting for everyone to wake up!  Frank had his eyes about half way open, but decided to wait a bit before I took his coffee in.  It is so still outside and very sunny.  The sky is so blue, just beautiful.  Tracy came last night, she's still sleeping.  Since I have no plans for the day, decided to just let them all sleep.

Well, since I have nothing important to say, will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

6/08/2024 11:10 am  #48

Sounds like you're the early bird, BJ.  I love getting up before Howard and Fancy and having some time for myself.  This morning, HE was the early bird.  Enjoy your time with Tracy.  I know you will...

I've had a subscription to The Quilt Show for a year and it's time for renewal which can be automatic.  I got the notice on June 3rd, just saw it today and they're only there Monday thru Friday and I just know after repeated hackings of my credit card, the number will be wrong.  So, I'll have to make a call on Mon. morning.  Howard tried to figure it out online, but it didn't seem to work, so...  I held off for years, just accessing the stuff that was free, but last year, I went for it and have enjoyed it.  Met Alex Anderson once, years ago at the Chicago Quilt show.  She's just like us--common, ordinary and very friendly.  I get a kick out of how on her live airings done in her home, she always has to call her husband, John, from another room because something is haywire with her computer.  Do any of you follow or belong to The Quilt Show?

Trish, how long are you and Warwick going to be gone on this little jaunt?  Sounds like you can sort of do as you please while he's occupied, maybe depending on your strength level.  Glad you got to spend the day with your sis.  After you both grew up, how nice  you've become such dear friends.  I can't even imagine what siblings are like but have been blessed with wonderful, close friends thru the years.  And of course, my dear daughter.  What would I do without her?  and, now you all.  

QB, darn it!  I knew I missed the Preakness, but will be sure and watch the Belmont Stakes.  I never noticed grey horses before you told us they're your favorites.  Now, I always look for them.  We have quite a few horses to see on our way to town.  One man on a four-way corner where we turn,  either boards or trades horses.  So there's a steady change of them and they're close to the road, for  viewing.  He also has a little donkey that's cute as button.  I wonder how his disposition is?   Next to that farm are some longhorns, not usually seen in this area. 

We also have two refrigerators, one in the garage and our  initial one in this house, an Amana, which has the freezer on the bottom.  Howard so wanted ice/water in the door, that we got another, a Sears, for in here, a side by side that is smaller, so I've always used both, hopping in and out for stuff in the other one.  That can be tiresome, but necessary.   He always disliked the bottom freezer, too.  You'd think he was the cook!  
Holly, as always, your family get-together was fun for all.  I know about unwinding.  It's hard to settle down after so much chitchat and all.  

I'm going to end this and submit.  Have lost several posts over the last few days  and it seems the computer is temperamental this morning.  Have a good weekend.  Hugs!
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (6/08/2024 11:19 am)

6/08/2024 7:11 pm  #49

Judy, I sent you another PM. I didn't see where I replied the first time? Can we not see our replies under the private messages? 

Gary came over and trimmed a few trees for me. I planted one in the wrong placea few years ago and he cut it down for me. It was an evergreen and I hated to lose it, but didn't have a choice. 

We also had a fridge in the basement at our last house. It was actually pretty cool down there & the fridge worked great. It was an old GE. When we moved to what we thought was our retirement home, the fridge was in a hot garage and it sweated all the time. We had to quit using it. 

D e v o n n e

Board footera