OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/04/2024 4:17 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 2 ~ SAT JUNE 8

Devonne, I know those medical issues of Gary’s sound scary, but try not to worry too much. Bill had an abdominal aortic aneurysm, the doctor said it only needed monitored with yearly sonagrams but didn’t need surgery unless it grew a lot. Mom had carotid surgery but only after the blockage was quite a lot higher than 50% (I don’t remember exactly what it was). She was at least 75 when she had the surgery and did well.

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/05/2024 5:01 pm)

6/05/2024 7:07 am  #22

DEVONNE.......I CERTAINLY HOPE THAT YOU GET SOME GOOD NEWS TODAY.  THINGS HAVE NOT BEEN VERY BRIGHT FOR YOU LATELY.  I KNOW NOT ABOUT THE HEART RESTRICTIONS BUT IT SEEMS THAT OTHERS ARE HELPFUL IN THAT REGARD.  I CAN ONLY SEND ALONG POSITIVE THOUGHTS THAT THINGS ARE BRIGHTER FOR EVERYONE VERY SOON.
I HOPE YOUR OWN MEDICAL ISSUES CLEAR UP SOON WITH THE NEW MEDS.  YOU ARE DOING ALL YOU CAN TO MANAGE THAT.  ITS A SHAME ITS TAKING SO DARN LONG.

MY NEIGHBOR TOM GOT A NEW BETTER USED CAR YESTERDAY.  ITS A LOVELY BLUE.  HE'S QUITE HAPPY WITH IT.  HIS OTHER ONE COULD NOT PASS INSPECTION AND HE WAS GETTING WORRIED ABOUT NOT HAVING WHEELS.  I WAS BEGINING TO WORRY FOR HIM AS WELL.  HE DEPENDS SO MUCH ON HIS CAR AND HE DESERVES SOMETHING GOOD IN HIS LIFE.

I MADE MY SAUCY BEEF NOODLE CASSEROLE LAST NITE AND HAD 4 EAGER NEIGHBORS COMING TO GET THEIR COOL WHIP CONTAINER THAT I FILLED FOR EACH OF THEM.  THAT'S WHAT I USE TO SHARE AROUND HERE.  THOSE LITTLE CONTAINERS COME IN VERY HANDY.  FOR MY SON I NEED RUBBERMAID SINCE HE TRAVELS IN THE CAR WITH HIS AND THEY NEED SECURE CLOSINGS.
MY LIBRARIAN CAME WITH 5 MORE BOOKS FOR MY YESTEDAY.  SOME ARE NOT IN THE REALM OF MY FAVORITE ENRE BUT LOOK INTERESTING.  I AM EAGER TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.

NICE DAY HERE AGAIN.  I AWAIT THE APPEARANCE OF THE LITTLE BED BUG SNIFFER DOG TODAY.  THEY CHECK OUR BEDS EVERY YEAR.  THEN LATER TONITE ITS BINGO NITE.  I HOPE THIS WEEK I WIN A LITTLE. 

THAT'S IT MY FRIENDS.  STAY SAFE.  THINK POSITIVE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/05/2024 7:18 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/05/2024 8:36 am  #23

New fridge is installed and cooling. Yay! The phone call said between 9-1, the driver called at 8:15 and said they’d be here by 9. 

Another hot and humid one.

6/05/2024 9:03 am  #24

Good Morning, I'm waiting for the window cleaner guys to show up!!  Will be nice to have clean windows again.  Not sure what time they are due but will be here soon, I assume!!

It is a beautiful day, 52* and sunny.  Love it.  I really don't have anything to say this morning, just wanted to wish you all well, BJ.

6/05/2024 10:04 am  #25

Today is clean house day. I bought a Swiffer power mop to clean the bathroom floors. I'll let y'all know how I like it! I'll also use it on the kitchen and dining room floors.

Holly, Gary's appt. with the cardiologist is the 21st. He gets more scans for the thyroid cyst on the 12th. 

Marylou, thanks! Emily sent me a text, "32 years together isn't enough. Am I going to lose him?" I told her to stay positive, as we don't have all the answers yet from his doctors. When Billy had his carotid artery surgery, it was at 75%. His vascular doctor said they don't do surgery until they're at  75%.

I went and visited with Gary yesterday. I stopped at the store on the way home to get milk and a young lady gave me this rose. They were giving out roses to the elderly.

Last edited by DownSouth (6/05/2024 10:17 am)

D e v o n n e

6/05/2024 1:22 pm  #26

You know when you are old when the waitress in the diner gives you the senior lunch menu! DH had a good laugh…I did not.
One of the gals from our “breakfast club” dies a few days ago. I think she was late 80’s maybe 90. She had a colonoscopy a few weeks ago and they perforated the colon. Then they did another surgery a few days later to repair it. But she died 2 days later. 😞 Sad and scarey at the same time.
I just booked 4 nites in Daytona Beach for Thanksgiving…$2000+. 😵‍💫. The plan is to stay in FL for 3 weeks with these nights in the middle. This will be in place of going in February.
Off to clean up my neglected quilt studio.

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/05/2024 5:39 pm)

6/05/2024 1:41 pm  #27

Janet, I had a hard time convincing Ralph to have a colonoscopy because working in the ER, they saw all the admissions for perforated colons from colonoscopies. My friend Carol’s mom died from that too. It’s scary. 

As for senior discounts, we might as well embrace them.

Looks like grilled cheese for dinner. 

6/05/2024 2:39 pm  #28

Well, I wrote and wrote (too much),  something popped up and I did the wrong thing and it was all gone.   Maybe, lucky you all!    Anyway, I'm back from hosting our small group last Friday.  All went well and some stayed until 4:45 so I guess they had a good time.  The "girls" love our sunroom where we eat, talk, laugh and carry on.
The men eat at the dining table, only a few feet away but you here them mumble something and then silence, etc., etc.  The weather was perfect that  day.  

I had held off starting Homecoming by Kate Morton as I knew I would want to read, not  clean and cook.  So Saturday, I got to start it.  It was so compelling and I could read as long as I wanted and  I finished it yesterday, some 500+ pages.  
I highly recommend it, set in South Australia and Sydney and a very involved mystery, a page turner, as they say.  So nice to feel connected because I have a wonderful Australian friend, too!  ...Trish... 

Congrats on the new fridge, Holly.  Funny how not all that long ago, stainless was the cream of the crop and around here at least, hard to get.  Now it's the only thing for most appliances.  It's what we got to replace my dishwasher which was 'bone' like all my other ones.  Now, to get bone, you pay more if it's even available.
That's what was most popular 28 yrs. ago and what we have for bath fixtures. too.  With some iron in our water, bone hides the slight discoloration,  not white!  Enjoy your visit with Steph and Dan. 

Devonne, I'm sorry you're still feeling punk.  Hope your doc or NP can figure it out soon.  Now that it's summertime, just seems wrong to be still dealing with sinus issues, or upper respiratory ills.  So sorry about Gary's results.   Emily's text shows how much they all need you for moral support. You're their rock! 

Will soon be suppertime...always a challenge for what to have.  Tonight, I won't be setting the world on fire.  It's going to be sauteed imitation crab chunks.  I know, it sounds awful, but works for us in a pinch.  That and some boiled yellow potatoes and sliced tomatoes .  Howard simply cannot lose any weight so I'm trying to go simpler and simpler.  He eats very little and I'm wondering if some of the new meds he's been put on are the culprit.  I hesitate to mention that to him, though, as I don't want him to decide to quit them. 

Have a good evening.
Indy   

Last edited by indyanny (6/05/2024 2:46 pm)

6/05/2024 5:37 pm  #29

Darn it, lost the post!!

DEVONNE I know you are worried about Gary, and sounds like Emily is scared too ((((hugs))))) sending love and my best wishes to you all, My mum had an aortic aneurysm, way back then they didn't even know how to find it let alone treat it, the surgery is done quite a bit now! Her case was studied by medical teams all over - they found a new way to check, the old scans wouldn't even pick it up, they found out after she died, since then we know of so many people who have had the condition, AND the surgery, all doing well. I have no idea what freon is, what is it for? Good luck on the car! Maybe have a look at Mazda if you like, we both like ours, and I'd get another. I'm sending you best wishes for your sinus problems, I do wish they could find a solution, I am currently using Nasonex every day, my nose runs down the back of my throat otherwise, and I end up coughing 

INDY thanks for telling about the book, I will look her up, not sure if I have read anything by her. So good you had a nice visit, sounds like our bigger parties, the men tend to group together after a while, the women also LOL I suspect the crab chunks might be similar to seafood extenders here??? I like them actually, they put them into seafood salad, no idea what they are, flavoured fish chunks I expect LOL
I will be the sole woman in a few dinners when we are away, then the opposite when we got to the UK, W is one of 3  men this time LOL

SANDRA so good of you to share, they must have been drooling waiting for their food, your Rubbermaid sounds like my LocknLock containers, turn them upside down and they won't leak. Good luck at Bingo!

MARYLOU how are you doing? You have experience with the blockages too, seems to be more prevalent these days. I wonder if process foods have a lot to do with it. 

Funny about the seniors menu JANET , we have them here too, and I would probably get asked, I don't care though LOL a saving is a saving!! As long as it's good though, sometimes they are offering lesser serves, which is fine for me, but not the Mr LOL

HOLLY have a great time with the family, I think hoagies are kind of sandwich rolls?? You will no doubt take lots of pics, and make lots of memories, congrats on the fridge, you will get lots of years from it!!

Yesterday I spent quite a chunk of day getting strips sewn onto my QAYG blocks, I figured I could join them, sew a little on each end and then join them across as well, I could even add the binding then I could take it all away and do the hand sewing while I am "watching " the bowling LOL 

OR I could stay in the apartment and do it as well while watching some Netflix LOL Either way it will be easy to transport. And I might have a finished quilt to bring home.

I am still so very tired after covid, met up with Catherine who probably gave it to me, and she is the same, said she just can't seem to get over the tiredness, I am going to start taking a Berocca daily to give me some energy

Cold here again, but it will be quite warm when we get to Queensland. So we need to take something less warm to wear after our overnight stop. I have packed some food things, so we will need to buy some fresh things only when we get there. Hopefully I get to see my sis tomorrow, waiting to hear back from her, she'll be at work.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/05/2024 5:44 pm  #30

I meant to comment on the colonoscopy, I am sorry for the loss of a friend JANET   -- I do know that as you get older the tissues in our bodies get frailer and easier to tear, the surgeon who did my hysterectomy told me this. He gave me medication to help with the healing for a few weeks before the surgery, but told me what would have been a week to two in my 30s was going to take longer now. And we had to sign to say we understood when W's sis had it done a couple years ago, they told us the chance of perforation was higher because of her age and condition. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/05/2024 6:37 pm  #31

Trish, hoagies are on a long roll, filled with a variety of cold cuts, cheese, shredded lettuce, thin sliced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and we add mayonnaise. I ordered a variety of Italian, turkey, ham, and American hoagies on the tray. People in other areas call them submarines, or subs. Ralph likes them more than I do, I can take them or leave them. 
 In the hospital we referred to them as Triple A- abdominal aortic  aneurysm. 

6/05/2024 7:26 pm  #32

I apologize, haven't read since last posting. I do think of everyone.

At 1:33 AM this morning, Darrell and I became great grandparents . our first. A 7 lb. 5 oz. boy.

Thinking of everyone. Prayers..............

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/05/2024 8:03 pm  #33

Linda, congratulations on becoming a great grandparent. What did they name him?

Trish, freon is the coolant that keeps your a/c cool, not just in your car but your house as well. It's probably called "refrigerant" where you live. I always called it "freon" or "R134," lol.  After Emily got Covid, she hasn't been able to drink Cokes. She can drink Sprite, but nothing that is dark. She said the taste is horrible. I told her that's a good thing, lol! 

I went outside when it was getting dark with the dogs and I was so surprised to see this plant blooming so much and a pink rose bush. I think this is a phlox plant, not sure?

Sandra, I hope you won at bingo tonight. 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/05/2024 8:08 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/06/2024 5:51 am  #34

DEVONNE, HIS NAME IS DEAN SCOTT. BOTH FIRST NAME AND MIDDLE ARE FAMILY NAMES.

OFF TO READ BACK POSTS.

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS............

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

6/06/2024 9:46 am  #35

Good Morning, it is a beautiful day here, though no sun that I can see.  It is very bright so the sun must be hidden with some light clouds.  Took Frank his coffee, Rhonda will be here early to do some grocery shopping, I may go with her, if she allows!!  The air is not moving at all.  Very still  outside.

I forgot who mentioned what, but I certainly enjoyed reading everything.  My windows look so nice now that they're all clean and bright.  The cleaner was a nice young man, gave him a $10 tip.  Hope that was enough!

The flowers on all the bushes are dying or mostly dead and falling off.  Will certainly miss the beautiful color.  But hanging right outside my window here is a beautiful basket of lavender and purple flowers.  Just love it!!

Well, I have nothing to say this morning, so will just send all my love to everyone and hope you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

6/06/2024 12:07 pm  #36

BJ......MY FAVORITE TWO COLORS TOGETHER ARE PINK AND LILAC/LAVENDER.  SO PRETTY.

LINDA......CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING A GREAT GRANDPARENT.  I KNOW YOU ARE SO THRILLED AND IT IS A WONDERFUL THING FOR BABY DEAN.  NOTHING LIKE A NEW BABY TO BRING JOY AND LOVE TO A FAMILY.

DEVONNE......SUCH PRETTY FLOWERS.  I LOVE THEM.

ITS ANOTHER NICE DAY HERE.  CAN'T COMPLAIN.  SUNSHINE AND NICE TEMPS.  
I BROKE EVEN AT BINGO LAST NITE.  I WAS HOPING TO WIN A LITTLE, BUT NOT LOSING ALSO WORKS FINE.
I THINK I'LL MAKE SOME MILD CHILI FOR SUPPER TONITE.  
NOTHING ELSE PLANNED FOR THE DAY.  OH, YES, THE BED BUG DOG DID ITS THING FOR ABOUT A WHOLE MINUTE THRU THE APT.  I KNOW I DON'T HAVE ANY. NO BITES OF ANYTHING ON MY BODY.  ITS ANOTHER GOOD THING.
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/06/2024 12:10 pm)

6/06/2024 7:11 pm  #37

Good evening all,

Linda, congrats on the new baby.  Always such a blessing for sure.

It was a weird weather day here today, mixture of dreary showers and then bright sun.  Off and on most of the afternoon like this, but at least the high humidity is gone and now a nice breeze is blowing.

Well, the planting of a dahlia plant goes awry again.  I bought a new one and planted it beside our driveway right in front of the postal mailbox.  Wind rages down the road all the time.  I then decided to google the care of dahlias.  It says to protect them from the wind!!  I glanced out the window and sure enough, that poor plant is withered and leaning way over   I will have to move it in the morning for sure. I am not a gardner. 

Holly, we had grilled cheese for supper yesterday.  It is always easy when I do not know what to fix and Aaron and the kids decide to stay for supper.  We also make "pizza" ones.  We put pepperoni, cheese green peppers and pizza sauce on them and grill as usual.  I actually like them better than regular cheese ones.  Today it was salads topped with grilled chicken breast bits.  

Sandra, my daughter in law always sends food home with us in cool whip containers.  Such a good use for them and they are not in the landfill.  I have several Rubbermaid ones and Dean is always trying to toss them out.  He thinks I have too many but I do not.  We always eat our left overs and we use the containers often.

School has only been out for a week and the kids are already bored.  They do not live close enough to their school friends and we do not have any family here.  They are always happy to visit Columbus to visit the cousins but that is a rare event.  The cousins will be here on Sunday for their birthdays so we are all looking forward to that.

I did have my root canal done on May 29th.  I get my permanent crown on June 17th.  It was way less painful than my last filling!  The doc was great and fast.

Nothing else to say, so will sign off. Later ladies!!

6/07/2024 9:38 am  #38

We had a lovely day yesterday! Steph was dropped off by Dan, who went to set up his parent’s new computer that he bought them. Theirs was 10 years old. Heather came up, and nephew Mike came to get his fridge and stayed to visit. We ordered out for lunch. They all left around 4. 

I have the trifle made and chilling. I just got the pasta cooked for the pasta salad, and it’s cooling. I never knew that you shouldn’t rinse it, that’s why it sticks! We pick up the hoagie tray at 3 and head to Heather’s. The extended family is invited for 6 ish.

I was watching a segment about DDay, how many thousands of you men were killed that day in Normandy. It was so sad. My late FIL was at Iwo Jima in the South Pacific, and my dad was on a Navy Ship. We’re so fortunate that they were not injured, tho my dad got scurvy and lost all his teeth! 

6/07/2024 9:47 am  #39

HOLLY......THAT'S WHY YOU NEVER RINSE PASTA FOR SAUCE.  YOU WANT THE SAUCE TO STICK TO THE PASTA.

CHERYL......I ALSO SAVE COTTAGE CHEESE CONTAINERS TO SHARE VEGGIES, POTATO OR MACARONI SALAD, WHIPPED CREAM, CRACKERS, COOKIES AND SO FORTH.  THEY COME IN DARN HANDY AND I DO NOT TOSS PLASTIC OUT TO NEVER DECOMPOSE IN THE LANDFILLS.

TRISH.......I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING MUCH BETTER AFTER YOUR COVID EXPERIENCE.  REST IS SOMETIMES A GREAT FACTOR IN HEALING.

LINDA......IS THAT GREAT GRAND BABY GETTING ALL THE ATTENTION HE DESERVES?  I KNOW HE'S WELL DRESSED FROM ALL THE SHOPPING YOU'VE BEEN DOING LATELY.  
I HOPE THIS IS ONE OF YOUR GOOD DAYS.

ITS A LOVELY DAY HERE AGAIN BUT RAIN SHOWERS EXPECTED.  ITS FINE WITH ME.
I JUST BOILED SOME POTATOES FOR POTATO SALAD AND THEY ARE CHILLING IN THE FRIDGE.  I MADE MILD CHILI LAST NITE.  AND TODAY IT WILL BE LEFTOVERS AND ALSO BURGERS FOR THE DAY.  AS YOU CAN TELL, I AM WELL FED.  AND THEN THERE'S ALSO CHIPS, RICE CAKES, CHEEZ-ITS, CHEDDAR CHEESE AND MY CHOCOLATE WALNUTS AS FILLERS.  NO WONDER I CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT.

HAVE A GOOD DAY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/07/2024 9:51 am)

6/07/2024 10:00 am  #40

Good Morning, I just love reading this board, there is so much information that I wouldn't get otherwise.  The sun is out so bright this morning and there is a slight breeze.  I'll try to get out later and get some sun.

Well, I've finished my coffee, so time to get some more.  I hope you all have a wonderful day, sending my love and best wishes, BJ.

Board footera