OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/05/2024 4:24 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY JUNE 2 ~ SAT JUNE 8

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/01/2024 11:09 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY JUNE 2 ~ SAT JUNE 8

May as well bump this up before I log out!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/02/2024 12:48 am  #3

Started some new threads, YILKES, they go till July, 1/2 the year gone almost !!

Last edited by tricia-anne (6/02/2024 3:17 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/02/2024 8:34 am  #4

Refrigerators- who has what? We have a smaller one since our old one died and I hate it. The shelves are kinda set back and I bump my head constantly. It’s a freezer on the top kind, and is white. We think we want to replace it with a white French door, freezer on the bottom, no water or ice dispenser on the door- we just don’t need it. Pros and cons of what you all have? I’m just not crazy about the stainless steel look, and all the other appliances- stove and dishwasher - are white. 

Feels like the humidity is rising!

6/02/2024 9:14 am  #5

Good Morning, Tracy is still sleeping, so won't take my shower just yet.  Think Frank is sleeping, too.  It is very breezy out this morning, and 58*.  May warm  up later.  Believe Jamie is leaving on his trip today, not sure where they are going, maybe Vegas.

I have nothing to say this morning, still kind of dopey, but I have done my exercises.  Wow, the wind is really blowing up high, but down low, nothing!!  I'm going to sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

6/02/2024 9:31 am  #6

CHERYL.......I LOVE TO SEE A DOG HAPPY AND HAVING FUN.  GOOD OF YOU TO PUPPYSIT AND LET HIM ENJOY THE ROAMING.

TRISH.....I WILL HAVE TO LOOK FOR THAT SERIES.  I NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE.  YOU KNOW ME AND MYSTERIES.  I LOVE THEM.

MY SON IS SHOPPING AT THIS MOMENT.  I HOPE HE FINDS ALL I HAVE ON MY LIST.  A NEIGHBOR WHO ENJOYS MY SOUPS CAME OVER TO GIVE ME A PACKAGE OF STRAWBERRIES SHE BOUGHT YESTERDAY.  ITS A GOOD THING.  I ORDERED COOL WHIP FOR TODAY BUT NO STRAWBERRIES SINCE THEY ARE NO LONGER ON SALE TODAY.  HOW NICE OF HER TO THINK OF ME.

MY DAU-IN-LAW GOT A JOB WITH A HOUSING RENTAL COMPANY.  I ASKED IF SHE SPOKE SPANISH AND HE TOLD ME THEY ARE MOSTLY FROM AFRICA THESE DAYS.  SHE IS A REALTOR BUT THERE'S NOTHING MOVING IN THIS STATE.  INTEREST IS HIGH AND SO ARE THE HOMES IN MAINE.  TERRIBLE.  SO SHE WILL ONLY DO REAL ESTATE SALES PART-TIME FOR NOW.
I HAVE SOUP AND ITALIAN SANDWICHES FOR MATT TO TAKE HOME TODAY.  HE WILL HAVE SPAG AND MEATBALLS FOR HIS LUNCH HERE.  HE IS QUITE PLEASED.  
HE TOLD ME THEY ARE GOING TO FLORIDA AROUND THE 4TH FOR A VACATION.  THOSE 2 LOVE FLORIDA.

THAT'S IT FROM ME.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (6/02/2024 9:33 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

6/02/2024 10:49 am  #7

Cheryl, you can still plant the Dahlia bulb you broke and it will come up. It's my favorite flower. My MIL had giant ones that grew along a fence. The yellow ones were my pick, but she had some beautiful purple and dark red ones.

Holly, I've been to 37 states. Most of the states I haven't visited are up north. I have a Samsung fridge. It's stainless steel, french door and has the extra drawer in the middle. I just love that extra drawer. It's where I keep all my bottled drinks. I would not recommend Samsung. They have had a lot of recalls. They came out last year and replaced my ice maker for free and the recall on my fridge was years ago. It was great customer service, but it still makes a funny noise. I have the ice/water in the door because my family loves ice. The ice makers are a lot smaller than they used to be. Gary bought an ice maker that sits on the counter top and they love it. When this one goes, I'll probably get a Whirlpool or GE.

It's been a really pleasant weekend, only in the 70's. My lawn guy's mower needed repairing so he's behind on his jobs. My yard looks pitiful. I keep saying I'm going to find someone else, but he's always been here and he needs the money...divorced with 3 kids.

D e v o n n e

6/02/2024 11:14 am  #8

Devonne, I can't plant that bulb now (I did not know it was a bulb) since I was so irritated at myself I threw it in the trash.  lol  My son has one of those counter ice makers too.  He loves it.  My refrigerator makes enough ice for Dean and me.

Holly, I have an LG refrigerator.  We got it a few years ago from either Lowes or Home Depot, not sure which.  It is white, freezer on the bottom, which I love, and no water or ice on the door.  We did not need that feature either.  It does makes a nice amount of ice in the freezer, though.  I am not a fan of the stainless steel look either and prefer white. It is on the larger size, 34x32x69 inches but it fits perfectly in my refrigerator area.  Plus, it was not expensive.

It is dreary and cool today so I am going to try and sew for a bit.  I did cut out some blocks yesterday and will do some sort of pattern with those.  I sent a box with 12 finished child/baby quilts to a lady who works with children of trauma and with impoverished families so she will put them to good use.  They are nothing fancy, but colorful for kids.

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (6/02/2024 11:15 am)

6/02/2024 12:21 pm  #9

I totally forgot to come here last night!  Thank you, Trish!  Thank you for everything!

My niece (J) is still in the hospital, still in ICU.  It's been over 9 weeks now.  We saw my brother and SIL yesterday.  They met us at Mom's after visiting their daughter in the hospital.  Such a sad situation!  The poor woman has had it rough, but she and her husband have made the most out of life and traveled all over the world during her healthier times.

Your continued prayers are appreciated! 🙏🏻

I better run for now.  I've a million things to do, 🤪 and a busy week of appointments ahead.

Have a wonderful week. 🙏🏻

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

6/02/2024 2:25 pm  #10

White Whirlpool from Lowe's or Home Depot, freezer on top, no ice, no water in the door.  Basic.  It keeps things cold.  That's all I need.  The dishwasher and stove/oven are black.  That's what I found on sale, so that's what I bought.  

Socks with slides or sandals just look weird.  No mismatched socks here.  I buy 20-24 pairs of white ones and 6-8 pairs of black ones every year.  Black ones go with my compression stockings, and the white ones all of the other times.  I change socks several times a day.  I hate wet feet, and in the heat, we get sweaty.  

Speaking of heat, we're supposed to be cooler this week.  Cooler is relative -- in the low 90's.  I got into my car last week at 1 PM, and the weather guesser on the radio said we would have a high of 89.  I looked at my car thermometer and it said 92.  Sigh........

Prayers continue for all, especially J.  What a long nightmare for her and her family. 

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

6/03/2024 12:58 am  #11

You are getting hot, we are getting cold LOL it's actually quite cold for right now, and came up quickly, we went from t-shirts to winter jackets!

SANDRA your menu sounds delish! I know Matt will enjoy your food, they do love Florida don't they, would be my worst pick, I don't like the heat! Enjoy those strawberries YUM!

CAROL we will have those temps before long, I understand about the socks, it's why I wear sandals most of the summer, you just get too hot, our socks are wet by the time we finish training in just an hour! Totally agree on the slides with socks, looks odd to me, but apparently it's trendy LOL

HOLLY I have a fridge with freezer at the bottom, I was resistant, but love it now, so easy to use when you get used to it. We have separate freezer (upright)  in the garage, also a smaller fridge, freezer on top. My big fridge is a Westinghouse, it is stainless steel, and it is very easy to keep clean, better than the white, I have now most of my appliances as stainless steel, they were all white in years gone by, I just couldn't find what I wanted in the white, I have glass shelves that can be moved with "slots' every about 2" and the freezer has a small drawer for ice cubes. I have never had the water/ice dispenser, we just use trays and pop out the cubes, love the face it's a separate drawer. The fridge has a smaller veg compartment on the left and larger on the right, both can be removed easily to washout (lucky because I do that every second week at least LOL )

DEVONNE I would have thrown out the bulb too, I didn't realise you could still plant after damaging it like that.
I've been to quite a few states in the north, less in the south. 

CHERYL sounds like me, I supervise the gardening, then he goes NUTS after I leave. I used to put the pots where I wanted them, then find out he actually measured to make sure they were the same distance apart LOL W2e d o not agree with gardening!

I have been cleaning up, want to get the floors polished tomorrow. and I stopped and got some supples to take away with us, just long life milk tea/coffe oats and rye cruskits and  I had extra peanut butter here. I know he will want sweets to take along as well. I won't get them till day before, he will eat them otherwise.

Just finished quilting and trimming the last QAYG blocks, I will need to lay them out, so will do that now, then tomorrow I will need to experiment how big to cut the joining strips, I might even take them away with me, if I decide to handsew them on the reverse side. I over bought on the thread, I got 3 reels, I have only used 1 so far, and will need to use black to join. So I have to find another use for the other 2 I bought, wonder if they will exchange them for a different colour, they are still in their wrapping. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

6/03/2024 9:09 am  #12

DIANE.........PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS CONTINUE FOR J IN HER STRUGGLE TO GET WELL. 

TRISH.......YOU ARE GOOD BEING THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD KEEPING SWEETS AWAY FROM YOUR GUY.  AMAZING HE JUST DOES NOT GO OUT AND BUY A STOCK OF SWEETS FOR HIMSELF.

CAROL........THE GOOD THING ABOUT THE SOUTH IS ALL THE BEAUTIFUL PLANTS ONE CAN GROW AND ALL THE COLORS RUNNING RAMPANT THRU THE LAND.  YOU DO A GOOD JOB OF CONTRIBUTING TO THAT COLOR WHEEL.

ITS ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE.  NOTHING DIFFERENT FOR ME.  I DO A BIT OF THIS, A BIT OF THAT, READ, WATCH TV AND ENJOY MY DAY AS MUCH AS I CAN.
HAD A GOOD TIME WITH MY SON YESTERDAY.  EACH DAY I FEEL BLESSED TO HAVE HIM.  HE'S NOT A MOMMA'S BOY BUT HE'S THOUGHTFUL.  LEARNED IT FROM HIS DAD WHO ALWAYS LOOKED OUT FOR THE LADIES IN THE FAMILY AND HIS PARENTS.

AS FOR REFRIGERATORS, THE ONE I HAVE NOW IS WHITE.  A GENERAL ONE.  QUITE LARGE.  NICE FREEZER ON THE TOP THAT HOLDS ENOUGH FOR A NORMAL PERSON.  NO WATER OR ICE DISPENSERS.  DON'T NEED ONE AND WOULDN'T WANT ONE.  NEVER HAD ONE BUT SON HAD WHEN WE LIVED TOGETHER.
WHEN I CHOSE MY OWN LAST ONE IT TOO WAS WHITE.  DID NOT GO FOR THE STAINLESS APPLIANCES, I LIKE WHITE. THAT ONE HAD THE FREEZER DRAWER ON THE BOTTOM WHICH I LOVED.  SO EASY TO FIND WHAT YOU WANT IN A BOTTOM DRAWER.
THAT'S IT FRIENDS.  HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (6/03/2024 9:12 am)

6/03/2024 9:34 am  #13

Good Morning, it is a fairly bright day here, but sure has been raining overnight.  No sun, but lots of white clouds and bright blue sky.  I'm not feeling very bright this morning, so will just say Hello! to everyone and sign off.  Sorry, no thoughts!!  Have a wonderful day and stay well, BJ.

6/03/2024 10:10 am  #14

we bought an LG at Lowe’s. We were limited in selection because the opening is 30 inches. It would have been an extra $500 for them to order white! So I’m getting stainless. It will be here Wednesday. When I was telling brother Mike, he said don’t get Samsung, so I told him Devonne said the same thing. I’m waiting to =26pxhear if nephew Mike can use the old one. Heather and brother Mike already have extra fridges. 

Humidity is 80%! So the AC is back on. 

6/03/2024 6:48 pm  #15

Holly, congratulations on the new LG fridge. When we bought our front loader washer/dryer combo in 2007, we bought LG. I still have the LG dryer and it still works...it's 17 years old. Sometimes I do have to start it again when the load is not dry. Hope to replace it this Fall.

My Samsung stainless steel does show every fingerprint, but the stainless steel spray works great and it's easy to clean. The spray is made by Wiemann (spelling?). Walmart, Lowes and Home Depot sell it. It never entered my mind about not needing the water/ice dispenser, but I could also do without it. I buy bottled water & I could get the counter ice maker. I drink a lot of vitamin water.

Trish, Greg asked me if I wanted to look at Mazdas and I told him no, because I don't know anything about them, lol. The Buick Envision and the Subarbu Outback both sat really good and the seats were comfortable for my bad back. I am so short and have short legs and both of these vehicles were easy to get in and out. Toyota started making the Highlander a lot bigger. Greg bought one and kept it for six months. The gas mileage was terrible. The next smaller Toyota SUV is the RAV 4 (I haven't looked at it yet, but the seats look small on the internet.) I still have the Honda CRV to look at as well. Greg wants me to look at the Hyundai Tucson. It's the Lexus RX 350 I want, but it's out of my price range. 

Diane, continued prayers for J. I was hoping she would be out of ICU by now. 

Last edited by DownSouth (6/03/2024 7:01 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/04/2024 7:51 am  #16

IT ANOTHER LOVELY DAY.  
NOTHING EXCITING TODAY ON SCHEDULE.  MY LIBRARIAN COMES THIS MORNING WITH MORE LARGE PRINT BOOKS FOR ME.  I HAVE A CASSEROLE I WANT TO MAKE WITH NOODLES AND GROUND BEEF.  THAT'S ABOUT IT FOR ME TODAY.
WISHING YOU ALL A FINE DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

6/04/2024 8:16 am  #17

We’re back.  The visit with the boys was very nice.  The ride is long and weary.  Son and DIL don’t change.
   We were thinking about the Lexus GX but the closest dealer is 90 miles away. 
I have the Ford Edge ST…visibility for backing up and/or parking is not very good.
    Today’s DH’s birthday.  He wants chocochip pumpkin cake and a stir fry dish that I make. 🤷‍♀️. Go figure.

6/04/2024 10:01 am  #18

Good Morning, well, Sharon just arrived, so I should go chat with her, so will be very brief here and sign of.  Wishing you all well, hope you all have a wonderful day.  It is very windy here, looks like rain!!

Have a great day, everyone, BJ.

6/04/2024 2:47 pm  #19

I am just full of not such good news.

Gary put freon in my car and it has leaked out, so I need to take it to a repair shop. Evidently, the hose must have a hole in it somewhere. Is this the start of me needing a better car? 

More not good news...
Gary has an 'enlarged area" on his aorta. He is to make an appt. with the cardiologist. If it bursts, he said you could bleed to death. That's how he explained it & it's all I know.

His carotid artery results weren't good....50% blockage in both arteries.

He also has a thyroid cyst. I'll be going with him to the doctor to get a scan whenever it's scheduled. 

I had a terrible night last night. I think this is more than just a sinus infection. I am off to hopefully fall asleep.

I need to charge my Iphone and my laptop...later, friends!

Last edited by DownSouth (6/04/2024 2:49 pm)

D e v o n n e

6/04/2024 4:11 pm  #20

Devonne, it depends on the location and how big it is, how they’ll treat it. Ralph has a slight enlargement where the aorta leaves the heart, the cardiologist is watching it. When does he see the cardiologist? 

Another hot and humid one. We went out early, to the diner for breakfast then to the library. The new fridge comes tomorrow between 9-1. Steph and Dan get in late tomorrow, we probably won’t see them til Thursday. The whole family is getting together at Heather’s to see them. I’m getting a hoagie tray. And Mike’s youngest, Jake, turns 24 over the weekend, so Donna is getting a cake and we’ll celebrate him. 

Board footera