OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/30/2024 10:12 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 26 ~ SAT JUNE 1

TODAY IS A GRAY DAY WITH SHOWERS NOW AND THEN.  TEMPS IN THE 60S AND 50S AT NITE.  STILL WARM FOR OUR MAY.  NO FROSTY NITES IN SIGHT FOR AGES NOW.  THOSE FOLKS GROWING THINGS COULD HAVE PUT THEIR TOMATOES IN WEEKS AGO IF THEY COULD BE SURE OF THESE TEMPS.

FOR ME ITS ANOTHER QUIET DAY.  I LOST 5.50 AT BINGO LAST NITE BUT IT WAS FUN.  I NOTICED I KEPT LOSING MY VOICE.  THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GO A WEEK WITHOUT TALKING TO SOMEONE.  THE VOICE IS THE FIRST TO GO.  I NEED TO REMEMBER TO TALK TO MYSELF EVERY DAY IF NO ONE ELSE IS AROUND.  I AVOIDED FOLKS FOR A WEEK WITHOUT MY AMPLIFIER SINCE I COULD NOT HEAR THEM AND I HATE TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THEY ARE SAYING. 

I MAY JUST TOSS A LOAD OF WASHING IN TO GET IT OUT OF THE WAY TODAY.  AND THEN TONITE I PLAN ON MAKING BELINKIS, MY LITHUANIAN POTATO PANCAKES.  THEY ARE FINELY GRATED AND WITH SOUR CREAM TOPPING, IT MAKES MY DAY. 
LAST NITE I MAKE A 6" LONG PEPPER STEAK SANDWICH WITH ONIONS.  MMMM, SO GOOD.  I HAVE ENOUGH LEFTOVER FOR MY LUNCH TODAY.
CHICKEN IS DEFROSTING SO I CAN MAKE MY CHICKEN RICE SOUP FOR MY SON TO TAKE HOME ON SATURDAY AFTER HE SHOPS FOR ME.
SO THOSE ARE MY PLANS LADIES.  I AM ENJOYING MY MIRANDA JAMES BOOK AND THE ELDERLY SISTERS SOLVING A MURDER.  I TRY TO READ A BIT HERE AND THERE DURING THE DAYS.

I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/30/2024 10:17 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/30/2024 10:18 am  #42

WITH ALL THE TALK OF GRILLING, I THOUGHT I WOULD TAKE YOU THRU HOW I ENJOY MY GRILLED HOT DOGS SINCE I DO NOT GRILL OUTDOORS.

FIRST I SCORE MY HOT DOGS A DOZEN TIMES ALONG 2 SIDES, THEN MICROWAVE THEM ON HI FOR 30 SECONDS TO HEAT THRU.

THEN I BROWN MY ROLLS IN A NON-STICK PAN ON THE STOVE.  

LASTLY I GRILL MY HOT DOGS IN THE SAME NON-STICK PAN TILL THEY ARE GRILLED ON ALL SIDES.
MMMM GOOD.

Last edited by quiltbea (5/30/2024 10:23 am)

5/30/2024 11:04 am  #43

Judy, I do still have my wedding gown in a tote. No idea why I still have it!

Dinner is constructed, a casserole with noodles and ground beef, all I have to do later is put it in the oven. And I made it in 2 9 inch foil pans so I can freeze one for later. 

Ralph has always had a good disposition, I’m the snarky one in my head, LOL. His PTSD shows up in his paranoia. That’s why we have cameras all over the place. 

It’s beautiful out, low 70’s and a breeze. Windows are back to being open, which I love. 

5/30/2024 12:09 pm  #44

Can't believe it's already Thursday. This week has flown by. I have an appt. today with the ENT. This has been an ongoing thing, so I hope to get some answers.

D e v o n n e

5/30/2024 1:41 pm  #45

Afternoon my Friends! 

QB something is eating my Irish Spring soap!  Including the mesh bags I hang it in!  Also the deer have figured how to knock it off the shepherd's crook I have them on!  Quite a puzzler! 

I saw a huge boxing turtle, day before yesterday dig a hole in the front yard to lay her eggs.  We covered it with chicken wire to discourage digging it up by the wild critters.  We noted the day she laid them to know when they should hatch to remove the chicken wire!  

Still staying busy!  I have made it to the sewing room.  I'm doing the mystery quilt.  I have week one done and week 2 is cut, now to sew!  I can get a little done before I head to mom's for Bingo!  

Not much excitement here, most days are the same, visit mom, walk, home, get stuff out for supper, make said supper, visit mom, home, then our evening walk!  I do get house stuff done in there, add to that phone calls and such, all for mom.  Takes a bite out of my day!  I have been carving out sewing time.  Today, I had to come on the computer to order moms meds!  Such fun! Not!  

Waiting to hear back from CPA as to mom's taxes of the sales from this year.  Trying to stay on top of all of this!  

I am getting the varicose veins in my legs worked on.  Had the first treatment last Friday.  So far it has been good.  3 more treatments in June, then 4 sometime in the fall.  You have to wear, compression hose for 2 weeks after each treatment so don't want to do all this summer, too hot, but with insurance year beginning July one and I am almost to out of pocket I want to get some done as cheaply as I can!  

That's all the news from my little corner of the world!  

Later my Friends! 

5/30/2024 5:09 pm  #46

Theresa, I could use varicose vein treatment, but at my age, I'll use makeup, lol! 

ENT doctor said I still have an infection and he prescribed a stronger antibiotic. It starts with a "C" but I don't recall what he said. I hope it works, or I'll be going to someone else. It has started to affect my right eye and I've been using eye drops. I'm to come back in 2 weeks if not better. 

This is what I do to the kids when they don't behave. Just kidding, of course! They told me to come look at them and I made a picture. 

(Notice the different socks. This is how she is sent to school. Makes Gary so angry.) 

Last edited by DownSouth (5/30/2024 5:21 pm)

D e v o n n e

5/30/2024 5:17 pm  #47

There's an 80% chance I'll be getting rid of these crates. Molly loves to sleep with me, but Gracie often prefers the dog bed in my bedroom. When I get too old to lift them, they can sleep on their dog beds.

D e v o n n e

5/30/2024 6:02 pm  #48

Devonne, my girls have been wearing mismatched socks for years. You can even buy pairs of non matching socks.

5/30/2024 6:28 pm  #49

My great granddaughters also wear mismatched socks. Actually, so does my daughter, but only at home.

5/31/2024 9:19 am  #50

it got downright chilly last night! High in low 70’s to end May here.
Steph and Dan will be here next week, and I just got done texting the family to invite them to Heather’s to see her and visit. 

I saw an interesting comment about polls, how they are only taken by people who answer their phones, so are not a good cross section. I guess I’ll never be polled because I only answer the phone if I know who’s calling. The only time I was polled was years ago before cell phones and it was about radio stations. 

My friends Barbara and John just got home from a trip. He only had 3 states left to have been in all 50, so they did the last 3. They flew into OK, touristed, went to the second state (I forget which one) and then hit the last state, New Mexico. Their son went with them and drove, and one of their daughters and their other son and his husband met them in NM. Quite an accomplishment! I should count up how many I’ve been in, probably less than 25. How about all of you, how many?

5/31/2024 9:20 am  #51

Arizona, that was the other state.

5/31/2024 10:03 am  #52

Good Morning, it is a lovely day here, light breeze and lots of sun.  It is only 55*, but I'm sure will warm up.  Frank has a Dr. appt this afternoon, his back is surely bothering him.  Hope they find an answer.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

5/31/2024 11:28 am  #53

DEVONNE......YOU DOGGIES ARE SURE CONTENT ON THAT BED.  YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD MOM.
I HOPE THE NEW MEDS WORK THEIR MAGIC FOR YOU.  ITS BEEN TOO LONG THAT YOU ARE SUFFERING.

THERESA......I HAVE NO ANSWER FOR THE DISAPPEARING SOAP.  NEVER HAPPENED TO ME.  YOUR DEER MUST BE GETTING SMART TO REMOVE THOSE BAGGIES OF IRISH SPRING.  
I AM GLAD YOU ARE CARING FOR THOSE TURTLE EGGS.  NOW THEY WILL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE AT LIFE.

TRISH.....I AM GLAD THAT YOU ARE MENDING.  YES, TAKE SOME LEISURE TIME TO FEEL BETTER BEFORE TACKLING LIFE AT FULL BORE AGAIN.

WE HAD LOTS OF EXCITEMENT HERE LAST NITE.  THREE TIMES THE FIRE ALARMS WENT OFF AND THE FIRE BRIGADE ARRIVED.  I HAVE NO IDEA WHY.  NO FIRES FOUND.  MAYBE SOMEONE WILL TELL ME LATER WHAT TRANSPIRED.  ANYWAY, BETWEEN 3 AND 7 THIS MORNING WE COULDN'T GET ANY SLEEP AT ALL. THOSE ALARMS ARE SURE LOUD, EVEN WITHOUT MY EARS IN THEY WOKE ME AFTER I FINALLY DOZED OFF AROUND NEARLY 3.  THEN WOKE WITH A START.  FINALLY FELL ASLEEP A BIT AFTER 7 AND WOKE AT 10:30.  NOT A TOTAL LOSS.  MET A YOUNG FIREMAN WHO IS WORTHY OF A MONTH ON A CALENDAR.  THEY AREN'T ALL OLD GUYS VOLUNTEERING AFTER RETIRING.
I AM A BIT TIRED RIGHT NOW BUT HAD THINGS TO DO.  GOT MY CHICKEN ROASTED FOR THE SOUP LATER.  BAKED SOME PORK CHOPS AND WHIPPED UP A SALAD FOR MY LUNCH.  WASHED A PILE OF DISHES IN THE SINK.  VACUUMED.  YES, I FEEL A BIT BETTER TODAY.  NOT AS WOBBLY.  I HOPE TO GET SOME READING DONE TODAY.  AM FALLING BEHIND ON THAT.
IF I AM STILL FEELING PRETTY GOOD, I MAY MAKE MY POTATO PANCAKES THIS AFTERNOON.  ITS THE GRATING THAT'S THE CHALLENGE.  I DO IT BY HAND ON THE FINE SIDE OF THE GRATER.

LOVELY DAY HERE TODAY.  SPRING SURELY SPRUNG AROUND HERE MUCH SOONER THAN EXPECTED.
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (5/31/2024 11:39 am)

5/31/2024 6:23 pm  #54

Sandra, it is a good thing that those alarms were able to wake you without your ears in!  It must have been a scary thing when they first went off.  Yum.  Those potato pancakes with sour cream sound delicious.

It was a beautiful day today and I spent most of it inside.    I had to clean up the spare bedroom ( Amelia has taken it over with her dolls and all her stuffed animals.) Dean's sister will be coming to stay for two weeks from Denver in a couple of weeks.  I also did the laundry.

I bought a beautiful dahlia plant yesterday and Dean was going to help me plant it near the mailbox.  I was very bossy to him telling him to be careful that the plant was delicate and would break.  He got the vase and dirt ready and I took over getting the plant out of the original pot and getting it to the new one.  I BROKE IT OFF COMPLELEY FROM THE ROOT BALL!!  Oh, I was so angry with myself and Dean was laughing and laughing at me.  So much for being in charge.  Now I have to go get a new one. Sigh.

Devonne, those kids are precious.  Silly things getting in the dog crates. lol  And I agree with the others that mis-matched socks are the style with kids.  All four of my grand kids were them, but my two near me wear them all the time.  I still am not used to it.  Plus, they all wear socks with the slide style shoes and I think that is tacky, but all the rage I guess.  Especially those white Nike slides.

I made a broiled rainbow trout for supper and made a mac and cheese to go with it.  The trout were frozen filets but they were really good.

I had my root canal on Wednesday and my jaw is just a little sore.  It is amazing how fast they do them.  I was in and out of the office in 25 minutes and that was including all the prep work by the dental assistant.  It took me 35 minutes to travel there and 35 back so hopefully I will not have to go again.  Doc said only had to come back if the temporary crown came off.  My regular dentist will put the permanent one on June 17.  Thankfully my insurance paid for all of the root canal.

5/31/2024 7:11 pm  #55

I went over Greg's house today and he fixed homemade spaghetti with Italian sausage and homemade spaghetti sauce. It was really good. We went to Car Max and sat in different vehicles. I don't think I will find anything that sits & drives like my Highlander does , but it will be 18 years old next year. The new Highlanders are too big for me.

Cheryl, I told you the root canals aren't as bad as they used to be. I've never had a crown to fall out, but Greg did recently. He has to get an implant. They are waiting for the bone to heal.
I need to tell Gary we are not up to the latest fashion trend, lol! 

The medicine I was prescribed is Cefuroxime 250 mg., twice a day. I sure do hope it clears up this problem. 

D e v o n n e

5/31/2024 8:54 pm  #56

Holly, I've been to 49 states, Hawaii is the last and will not get there.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

5/31/2024 9:04 pm  #57

Patty, I’m impressed! I’m at 20. 
Devonne, is there a size down from Highlander? I have. Tucson which is a size down from the Santa Fe. 

I also think socks with slides look silly, but I’m too old for anyone to care about my opinion!

6/01/2024 10:14 am  #58

A very brief Good Morning.  Tracy arrived late last night, remember her waking me to say Hi, then I was off to sleep again.   But had a bad night, remember waking up and moving around, couldn't get back to sleep, so I'll be tired today.

All the beautiful pink rhododendron flowers are falling all over the ground, too bad, they were so beautiful, but everything has to die at some time, I guess.

Tracy arrived some time in the night and went right to bed, she is still sleeping.  Frank is up and in the bathroom, took him his coffee.  Sorry this is a duplicate line, can't remember how to delete!!!

I'm going to sign off, as my mind isn't working really well this morning.  Hope you all have a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

6/01/2024 11:19 am  #59

CHERYL.........SUCH A SHAME ABOUT THAT DAHLIA PLANT.  AT LEAST YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE.

DEVONNE.....I, TOO, AM THINKING SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS TODAY.  MY SON WON'T MAKE IT TODAY SO WILL SHOP TOMORROW AND I KNOW HE LOVES MY MEATBALLS.  SINCE I HAVE GROUND BEEF DEFROSTED, THAT'S NOW ON MY EVENING MENU.

I FOUND OUT ABOUT THE SIRENS.   DEFECTIVE.  THEY HAD TO BE CHANGED OUT TO A NEW THING.  NO MORE FALSE ALARMS AWAKING US IN THE WEE HOURS.

I MADE MY CHICKEN RICE SOUP AND SINCE I WAS DELIVERING SOME TO TOM NEXT DOOR, A GOOD NEIGHBOR ARRIVED TO SEE HIM SO I OFFERED HER SOME AS WELL.  SHE ALWAYS LIKES THIS SOUP SO SHE WENT HOME WITH A CONTAINER TOO. I STILL HAVE PLENTY FOR MY SON TO TAKE HOME TOMORROW AND ENOUGH FOR A BOWL OR TWO FOR ME AS WELL.  ITS LUCKY I CAN'T SEEM TO MAKE A SMALLER PORTION.

ITS A GORGEOUS DAY HERE TODAY.  I THINK I WILL SIT OUTSIDE AND READ FOR AWHILE.  ITS ABSOLUTELY LOVELY OUT THERE.
WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT START TO THE NEW MONTH OF JUNE.  HUGS AND GOOD WISHES, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (6/01/2024 11:25 am)

6/01/2024 7:18 pm  #60

It was just beautiful out today; low humidity, blue skies and sunny!  Aaron, Dean and Katie went disc golfing and I stayed home to babysit his dog.  (aka horse). lol  He loves coming to our house because he does not have to be on a leash and can run all over the yard.  We have almost an acre with woods behind us and an empty wooded lot to the west of us.  I sat out and read and he roamed, ran and sniffed.  HE had a great afternoon. 

I could not think of a thing to fix for supper, so we went out to Grinders and Above, which is one of our favorite restaurants.  We do not eat out often, so it was nice.

Nothing else to say here, so will sign off.

Board footera