OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/24/2024 9:52 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 19 ~ SAT MAY 25

Good Morning, everyone.  It is raining here today, guess that's okay, I didn't go to Dr. yesterday, like I said I was going to.  So am going today, got to have a shot, so I can refill a Rx.   I feel really stupid today, can't think of anything to say, so will sign off, wishing you all really well.  Hope you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

5/24/2024 12:03 pm  #42

Wow, snow in Montana and monster tornadoes in Oklahoma! And here I was feeling bummed because the humidity was 80% this morning! 

Anyone an Elspeth fan? I just watched the season finale, glad it was renewed. I described it to Ralph as a female Colombo, and he watches every episode. 

Theresa, has Luke decided what state he’d like to live in permanently? 

Devonne, thanks for answering about the meatloaf sandwich. The idea of cold ground beef just didn’t do it for me. 

Cheryl, I just heard your governor described as Ohio’s Grandpa who sometimes gets cranky with his kids (your state senate). Made me smile. 

5/24/2024 12:29 pm  #43

Janet, sure you can.  At least, I consider "meatloaf" to be a generic term.  And, Holly, as Devonne said, warm it.  For me that means browning it in some butter and putting it on soft white bread, with ketchup.  My friend, Ruthie, only makes it to eat as/on sandwiches.  (ETA:  wrote about meatloaf before I came back here to see if anyone posted while I was writing.)

HOWARD IS OFF TO LUNCH WITH DAVE!!   As you can see, I'm overjoyed.  Sitting here listening to the cicadas and the neighbor's cat.  I thought they had her fixed long ago, but she's been hanging around here all morning, making "that" noise and rolling around on her back.  First time for that?  Now, I wonder?  Maybe the cicadas' song is luring her.   

Theresa, ML has a theory that no matter how grown up young men may appear, their lack of life experience prevents them from being good packers and gatherers when needing to travel or move--her experience with Andrew's moves.  You're smart to prepare for that in the future.  Glad you're safely back home and with us, again. 

San, good to hear from you.  You didn't mention it, but I know all the while Elmer was sick and down, you so wished to be able to sew.  I hope you can do that, now, if you still wish to.    Your grandson is no longer a baby, is he?   I'm sure he's the light of your life.  Take care and keep up with us when you can.  

We have no house phone...since a  huge rainstorm Tues. night.  I'm awaiting the repairman.  There's nothing wrong in the house.  It's outside at the phone company's junction box.  Howard did the home check and it's the same scenario as last time just a few months ago.  They call or text beforehand and so far, no contact.  Supposed to be between 8 and 5, today.   I often hate my cell phone but am glad for a backup when this happens.  I remember the days when you only had your home phone.  Many people I know have now given that up and gone to only their cell.  I can see why.  The phone co. service stinks. 

Trish, glad you're feeling better.  I very recently read an article in the paper by a doctor that warned that no matter how much we all want Covid to be done with, it's going to be around forever, one way or another. 
Guess I knew that, but didn't want to face it.  And for you to get it again with all your precautions just doesn't seem right.  

Holly, being from flat Indiana, that's how I feel in the mountains.  But with Howard's family living in VA, and our vacations in the Smokey's, we've made many mountain drives, that is, Howard has.  I don't drive at all, then!  
If I did, we'd have no brakes when I was done!  

Guess who's home, already?  Time for me to get busy.  As unmotivated as I am always, I'm definitely not doing anything I don't want to for the two or so hours he's out of here.  MY TIME!  (Getting more childish by the day!)
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (5/24/2024 12:36 pm)

5/24/2024 2:04 pm  #44

Judy, from what I’ve read, Covid, like the flu, is here to stay, and will continue to mutate. It’ll be like the flu, we’ll need a yearly shot, and some will continue to die from it. 

5/24/2024 6:01 pm  #45

HEY, TURKEY IS MEAT.

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/24/2024 6:40 pm  #46

Morning all

SAN I am so glad to see you checked in, yes I agree that sitting in a car for a long time isn't good for you. Maybe set yourself up to do a little chair exercise at home, and try to get into some needlework, embroidery etc.

JANET turkey is meat, I use it mostly too, even in my spaghetti sauce, can't tell the difference. I make meatloaf as well with it. I prefer it to beef actually.

MEATLOAF yes!!!, on sandwiches, either fresh or toasted bread, and tomato sauce LOL 

HOLLY I agree that covid is here to stay, I just wish it didn't hit me so badly, others get "a bad cold" type - me? I get it all, and the meds make me feel awful. LOL But I am surviving!! Have you read any of the Deborah Harkness books, I quite enjoyed them.

INDY I hope that H enjoyed his lunch, sorry about the phone, I agree about the house phone, we almost never answer it, we should get rid of it entirely, usually nuisance calls. I let the machine pick up. 

SANDRA hope you get the hearing help soon, sometimes deliveries take longer, I am getting tired of being sick, I need to be OUT and I have no energy LOL Hopefully another day will see me better.

DEVONNE sorry about the meatloaf, I only use breadcrumbs (often panko ) or semolina in my meatloaf. I haven't made one on a while, thanks for the idea. 

Nothing happening here, they just got me some Glucodin to add to drinks, hopefully give me some energy.

I have been messaging with the girls at camp. They are having fun, asked if I was doing any sewing, I replied that I had read up on "how to" embroider one the Pfaff, I may even try a sample later today.

I want to embroider the month on my Temp quilt. I know I can do letters, just can't seem for figure out how to change the stitch - I'll do it step by step again, i do remember that you have to write it backwards - I think - it's been so long, maybe I have that wrong as well, I have plenty of time to play LOL

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/25/2024 9:34 am  #47

Good Morning to everyone!!  Jamie is the only one up, just got up.  I'm still in my pajamas as I will likely take a shower when Tracy gets up to help me.

It is a crummy day outside.  It rained overnight and is still very wet, everywhere.  There is the slightest of breezes outside.  Well, I should go visit with Jamie.  Hope everyone has a wonderful day.  Sending love and best wishes to all, BJ.

5/25/2024 9:34 am  #48

I TRIED MY OLD AMPLIFIER AND LO AND BEHOLD, IT SOMETIMES WORKS FOR SEVERAL MINUTES BEFORE DYING OUT AGAIN SO ITS HELPFUL.

TRISH........I AM GLAD THE COVID ISN'T LAYING YOU LOW AND IS NOT AS BAD AS IN THE PAST.  I WISH YOU TO GET OVER IT QUICKLY.

JUDY........I STILL HAVE A LANDLINE ALSO.  ITS THERE SHOULD I NEED IT IF AND WHEN MY CELLPHONE IS NOT OPERATING.  ITS HAPPENED IN THE PAST.  SINCE ITS PART OF SPECTRUM CABLE, I LOSE IT WHEN THE CABLE GOES OUT WHICH MEANS ANYTIME THE POWER GOES OUT AS WELL.  STILL, ITS BEEN USEFUL IN A PINCH.  LIKE IN LOCATING MY CELLPHONE.  I CAN PHONE MY CELL NUMBER AND FIND IT BY LISTENING CLOSELY FOR THE RINGING.  SO I GUESS I'LL KEEP IT.

I MADE MY FAVORITE HOMEMADE PIZZA LAST NITE AND IT WAS MMMM GOOD.  I THINK I WILL HAVE SOME FOR BRUNCH TODAY.  I HAVE DONE MY MORNING LAPS AND SORTED MY PILLS AND SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE WEEK.  I STILL HAVE TO CLEAN MY BATHROOM AND MAYBE, IF I AM IN THE MOOD, I WILL VACUUM.  AS FOR COOKING, NONE IS NEEDED FOR A FEW DAYS.  I HAVE DIFFERENT LEFTOVERS TO CONSUME.

I HAVE STARTED TO REWATCH SOME DIAGNOSIS MURDER AND MATLOCK PROGRAMS.  ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I'VE SEEN THEM.  I LOVE MY MYSTERIES.

I THINK THAT COVERS IT FOR ME. ITS ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE BUT ONLY HITTING THE 70S TODAY.  WAS 81 YESTERDAY.
WITH READING A BIT, WATCHING TV, SNACKING NOW AND THEN AND EVEN A CROSSWORD OR TWO AND MY DAILY SOLITAIRE ROUNDS, I AM STAYING BUSY AND KEEPING MY BRAIN ACTIVE WITH GAME SHOWS AS WELL. 
I WISH YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/25/2024 9:35 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/25/2024 11:52 am  #49

Holly, we watch Elsbeth, too.  Once you get her quirky ways, it's very enjoyable.  I like  her unusual clothes, too.  Glad they picked it up again for next season.  I had read that was doubtful.  Since Howard stays down here so much "managing" the TV, he offers me the remote most evenings so I pick what I want.  For the endless sports, he will go upstairs. 

It's a lovely day here.  The cicadas are serenading.  Tom next door brought over 5 dozen eggs, actually 6 as one is for ML.  I was showering and hair washing and, of course, when I was done,  there sat the empty egg cartons on the table.   Neither he, nor Howard, "saw" them and the money for the eggs, which he took,  was sitting right on top of  them.    Cartons are gone.  Howard just  took them over there.  

Andrew is not coming home this weekend.  He's studying for his third of four CPA boards which is scheduled in July.
He has a great job for which he's grateful, but he's so lonesome by himself  away from his friends and family that he's putting out feelers for something else.  Has always wanted to live in Chicago.   We all might say, "suck it up" but we feel now is the time to consider making a change before he's too entrenched  where he is.  He probably jumped in a bit too soon taking the first offer where he had interned.    Has found out his Notre Dame professors will help him find the right fit, something he didn't realize until now.  I haven't breathed a word of this to Howard.  Don't want to listen to him.   I think he'll feel Andrew should stay where he is.  I could be wrong...but am keeping it to myself for now.  I could also be on the more conservative side but want to look at it from A.'s perspective, too.  

Are any of you celebrating Memorial Day?  We never do, never have.  I wouldn't say it's "just another day", but we don't do family get togethers.  Friends, Albert and Carol used to have a picnic either Mem. Day or July 4th but they don't anymore.  I do watch the special program on PBS each year.  It's so touching and worthwhile.

Wish I knew what to have for supper?   I'm drawing a blank and my larder is low.  The daily decision...
Devonne, I sent you a pm...
Love to all--
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (5/25/2024 11:58 am)

5/25/2024 1:21 pm  #50

I guess I never showed you Cindy's (Pinecone's) quilt after I finished putting it together and quilting it.  Lisa wanted the Friendship Star sashing, which isn't my favorite, but she said it was important so that's what I did.  I added a white border because the sashing seemed to be overwhelming the heart blocks.  Lisa sent it to Cindy a few weeks ago. 

By the way, Lisa is starting the Scraps to Treasures Challenge again.  Jean started it twenty years ago (yikes, how did that happen), and she died ten years ago, so Lisa asked me if I thought it was a good idea.  I have no idea why I can't say no to Lisa, so of course I said yes, and sign me up.  Sigh...........  Check the Circle of Friends Facebook page for more information. 

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

5/25/2024 4:37 pm  #51

We haven’t had a landline since we left NY…8? Years ago? I don’t miss it at all.

5/25/2024 5:21 pm  #52

Carol, the quilt is beautiful!

Judy, the kids today are much smarter than our generation, and braver about changing jobs. Our mentality was that we owed the company loyalty for having us, theirs is that the company owes them for their skills. And with pensions not as common, and 401k’s being portable, they can search out better opportunities. My dad’s advice was always that it’s ok to quit a job, as long as you have another one to go to the next day. Life’s too short to be unhappy in your job. Off my soapbox now! 

Trish, I have not read her, but have heard of her. I’ve been working my way thru Melinda Leigh, who writes a few series. 

In the 80’s again. We took the electric blanket off for the summer. I haven’t had the AC on yet. 

Board footera