OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/17/2024 9:44 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 12 ~ SAT MAY 18

CAROL.......I SAW ON THE WEATHER CHANNEL ABOUT HOUSTON.  WOW, THOSE WINDOWS ARE A MESS.  BUT THE REAL DANGER SEEMED TO BE THE FALLING TREES THAT HIT THE PEOPLE IN THEIR CARS.  SO SAD.  ONE NEVER KNOWS IF THEY WILL BE HOME FOR SUPPER.  

DEVONNE......I HOPE THERE IS GOOD NEWS FOR GARY ALONG THE WAY.

TRISH......YES, I AM THAT WAY, TOO.  IF I'VE READ THE BOOK I WANT TO PUT THE RIGHT PERSON IN THE MOVIE OR IT JUST DOESN'T GEL FOR ME.  

MY DAUGHTER AND GRDAU NEVER MADE IT YESTERDAY.  MY GRDAU NEEDED EMERGENCY ROOT CANAL.  SO THAT MEANS ANOTHER WEEK.  I REALLY NEED TO GET THE OLD STUFF OUT OF HERE.  IF SHE TAKES TOO MUCH LONGER I MAY JUST TOSS IT ALL SO LETS HOPE SHE COMES IN THE NEXT MONTH.
MY SON WILL SHOP EITHER SAT. OR SUN. HE'S NOT SURE WHICH.  IF ITS SUNDAY I MAY HAVE TO CHANGE MY GROCERY LIST A BIT TO TAKE IN THE BARGAINS FOR THE NEXT WEEK THAT START ON SUNDAY.  I WON'T KNOW TIL I CHECK INTO THE MARKET SITE.  IN ANY CASE, THE TATER TOT CASSEROLE WILL BE MADE FOR HIM AND ME.

ITS A LOVELY DAY HERE.  SUN IS SHINING, TEMPS NICE.  LOVE THE SUNSHINE.
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/17/2024 9:46 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/17/2024 5:17 pm  #42

Carol, such damage in Houston.  I am relieved that you are OK.  I talked to my SIL in Luftkin and she said they had flood warnings but all OK.  They used to live in the Sugarland area of Houston.  Since my brother died, she lives near her daughter who lives in Diboll.

Rainy day with lots of thunder but pretty warm.  Supposed to reach 80 this weekend.  

I made homemade pizza for supper.  Dean loves it and we have not had it for a while.  I had one piece and a nice salad.

Devonne, I too, am pre-diabetic.  Are you on any medication for it?  My physicians assistant put me on MetFormin.  I do not like it and don't think it did a thing for my A1c.  It has stayed the same for a year now.  It is 6.1 so I am close to that diabetic number.  I think it is 6.4 maybe?
My triglycerides and HCL/LDL were all within the normal range this last blood test, so the diet is helping but the A1c has not budged.

I am going to try some machine applique in a few minutes.  It has been a long time since I did it so I am trying to remember how to do it.  I don't like the raw edge look so I did it like hand-sewn needle-turn but just need to jog my memory.

Nothing else going on here.

5/18/2024 8:25 am  #43

HOORAY, MY SON SHOPS ON SUNDAY SO I GUESS I WILL GET SOME CHERRIES ON SALE.  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THEM.

IT STARTED OFF AS RAIN EARLIER BUT ITS CLEARING UP.  ALSO CLEARING UP IS THE DAM PARKING LOT.  I GUESS THEY FINISHED THEIR PIPING. THEY ALSO PUT IN A STOPLIGHT AT OUR CORNER.  ITS STRANGE TO SEE ONE THERE.  OUR TOWN SEEMS TO GET MORE OF THEM AS THE VACATIONERS MOUNT EACH YEAR.  THIS USED TO BE A ONE-STOPLIGHT TOWN.  I HOPE THAT THIS YEAR WE SEE A RETURN OF A CANADIAN GEESE FAMILY TO LIVE AND GROW.  I LOVED WATCHING THEM FROM FLUFF TO STRETCHING THEIR WINGS AND RUNNING ALONG THE DIRT ROAD TO GAIN STRENTH.

I SORTED MY PILLS FOR THE WEEK.  I WILL MAKE MY TATER TOT CASSEROLE TONITE SO ITS REALLY FRESH FOR ME AND FAMILY TOMORROW.  I WILL HAVE SOME STEAK TODAY TO FILL MY LITTLE TUMMY.

TRISH......I AM GOING TO WATCH AN AGATHA RAISIN EPISODE ABOUT A HAUNTED HOUSE VERY SOON,.  I RECORDED IT FROM LAST NITE.  I HOPE ITS A GOOD ONE.

I AM ALSO READING ANOTHER DONNA ANDREWS MYSTERY WHEN I CAN GET A CHANCE TO PICK IT UP.  I LIKE THAT SERIES AS WELL.

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUG, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/18/2024 8:28 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/18/2024 9:18 am  #44

Good Morning, just a quick note to say Hi!  My daughter is here and she is in with her Dad for a few minutes.  He had to wear some sort of contraption over night, so believe she is removing it. Don't know what it was for, can't keep up with everything going on with him.  We're both so old, don't know how long we will last!!

Just wanted to say Hi! to you all.  Will sign off now, not sure I will take my shower this morning or tomorrow.   Hope everyone is doing well.  Will say goodbye now, have a wonderful day, BJ.

5/18/2024 11:17 am  #45

Moving slowly this morning...almost noon here.  ML and Bill finished their vacation with a tour of Rookwood Potteries in Cincinnati this morning and are on the last 4-hour leg of their drive home.  Will feel good to have them home, but the week actually went fast like all my days do.  She's sent lots of pics and texts, so I never much feel lonely when they're gone.  Andrew spent the night at home, their/his home, last night and is headed for Chicago and his friends at this time.  He'll stop back around Sunday before heading back to Carmel and work on Mon.  

Devonne, neither would I want to eat the Iams that Fancy has lived on all her life.  I do augment it with a bit of people food as a treat.  Hope Gary's health settles down and he can coast for awhile and enjoy his new disability check.  Poor guy.  He's had one thing after another.  The bird nest thing is a bummer.  I love, love wrens and heard them come back this spring.  But, when I moved my two decorative bird houses on the front porch so they couldn't access them, they must have gone off to the woods to nest.  Now, I neither see nor even hear them.    But, I'd rather that than the almost certainty that something would find  and eat any babies that hatch as has happened before.  It was nice to have them for company on the front porch.  

Our group went well yesterday.  The hostess was almost overwhelmed, with getting ready (as I  always am) and shared that with me since we were first there.  We have it in two weeks.  My plan is to knock it off with the obsessing, pick the house all up, but leave something around to make me humble  and really enjoy having them, as in "practice hospitality".  The food's no problem, as everyone brings something to share.  The hostess provides the main dish.  

Holly, I'm not charged for my plain Jane checks either and I don't care one bit.  Free is good!   I loved Julie's dress and her look.  So nice to see "floor length" and not "half naked"  as was the style a bit ago.   One time Andrew's prom date (always a different girl)  but this one with very long legs was asked to put on a pr. of tights, provided by the school, just in case, because her dress was just too short.   

QB, sorry about your granddaughter's bad tooth and your disappointment, too.  I know you hold them loosely but  maybe it'll be sooner than you think that you see them again.  

The doors are all open, here. It's lovely out but supposed to get to the mid-eighties for a couple of days.  Glad pournew A/C is in place and working.  We tried it out again a day or so ago.  A little bit of breeze is making the drapes move a bit.  I don't know where Howard is, but he's not pestering me for which I'm glad.  Think he's messing with one of his computers.  

So, best wishes to you all.  I'm off to find the bottom of the kitchen sink.  Too many dirty dishes stack in it, right now.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (5/18/2024 11:31 am)

5/18/2024 2:20 pm  #46

Cheryl, my A1C was 5.9 last year and the same at this year's checkup. I am not on anything (yet). Greg bought one of the patch things that you wear for 6-8 months. He's not pre-diabetic, but he wanted to be able to check it to see what foods triggers an increase. Rice at Mo's was one that shot it up, but the worse thing so far was milk. 

I saw this idea on You Tube and decided to try it for my laundry "room" (which is on the way to the garage). The You Tube video showed a tropical shower curtain being used outside on the patio. I'm going to rehang it and go up another foot so I can see the bird better. I really like it. I turned over the shower curtain holes at the top & you can't see them. At the beach feeling  while doing laundry, lol! 

D e v o n n e

Board footera