OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/05/2024 4:26 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY MAY 12 ~ SAT MAY 18

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/11/2024 11:35 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 12 ~ SAT MAY 18

Happy Mother's Day! 🌸

I'm off to go view the Northern Lights again tonight! Last night was my first time to see them! A beautiful display! 😍

J remains in ICU, but she's seeming to regain strength. Thanks for your prayers! 🙏🏻

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/12/2024 3:47 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

5/12/2024 4:03 am  #3

DIANE continuing prayers for J and all of you ((((hugs)))) 
The lights are spectacular this year, we have the Aurora Australis, they are gorgeous, we can't see them, too far north, but our southern states have some pretty fabulous pics!

I had a quiet day for Mothers Day, just got back from dinner, at our favourite Nunzios, he stopped by for a quick visit, I finished with a Banoffe creme brûlée. it was delicious, no idea how Blake ( N's son ) got the banana flavour in, it was so subtle, and was a lovely finish to the meal. Gary and I had it. The boys had no dessert, and W and Megan had the choc mousse.  LOL, no surprise there, they have similar taste.

JANET that was a fun shop I bet LOL I love when you can find things you want, what did you get??

SANDRA nice lunch coming your way, I know M will choose well, enjoy!!

I am feeling tired, was trying to get the blocks part stay-stitched today, forgot how hard it is to layer 20" or so squares. They tend to get slightly loose, think I have the ones done all OK now!

I also pulled apart one of the little baskets I made for everyone, the first one that  I stuffed up, thought I could redo it. NOPE!! But I did find another pattern that seems easier. not quite as pretty but it will do! I want to make a few to take to retreat with me!

INDY I think Dean could be a great little chef, he's always been interested, even as a little 2 yr old he helped make meatballs and loved stirring things for me. You never know maybe he will be interested if it's food he likes.

John was in a bit of a mood tonight, teenage boys !!! He has a big exam tomorrow and he's stressing about it, something to do with mechanics and maths. 

I am feeling tired, it's been a long day, I was up early, and now ready for bed, but I need to stay up for a bit to let my dinner settle down LOL

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all, we all have someone we nuture, be they human or animal - enjoy your day!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/12/2024 8:09 am  #4

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers!

Gary and I went to Texas Roadhouse last night. It was way too much food. Greg is coming to visit shortly.

D e v o n n e

5/12/2024 9:04 am  #5

Good Morning and Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!  Hope you all have a wonderful day!  Jamie and Frank are both up.  Frank is in the shower.  I'll be there shortly, after Tracy gets up.  Have no plans for the day.  Have a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me at my breakfast slot at the dining table.

I really don't have much to say this morning so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

5/12/2024 9:34 am  #6

Happy Hallmark Holiday to all! I was texting with Ashley last night, she’s working on getting her quilting area set up.

5/12/2024 10:12 am  #7

ITS GOING TO BE A QUIET DAY FOR ME HERE.  MY SON CAME YESTERDAY WITH NICE BOUQUET OF FLOWERS, INCLUDING RED ROSES, AND KFC.  YOU KNOW THAT KFC IS A FAVORITE.  I GOT 2 NICE MEALS FROM IT.  HE'S SO THOUGHTFUL.  I THINK I'LL KEEP HIM.

AS FOR THE NORTHERN LIGHTS THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY STUNNNING IN MAINE.  I WAS SURPRISED THAT ALONG WITH THE USUAL GREEN, THERE WAS A LOT OF LOVELY BLUE AND ALSO RED COLORS.  STUNNING.  

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY.  WHETHER YOU ARE MOTHER TO A HUMAN OR A FURBABY, I WISH YOU A WONDERFUL SPECIAL MOTHER'S DAY.

HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/12/2024 10:17 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/12/2024 10:40 am  #8

Devonne- now all I have to do is live for another 200 years to use up all the fabric I have. lol
    Happy Mother’s Day to all.

5/12/2024 5:18 pm  #9

Had a wonderful day. I was pleasantly surprised when Gary and Emily stopped by when Greg was here, so I got to see both sons on Mother's Day. Greg brought me a Subway meal. 

Patty, are the Canadian fires affecting your air quality?

Janet, do you have all the fabric listed in your Will, lol? 

D e v o n n e

5/12/2024 7:52 pm  #10

Happy Mother's Day to you moms, step-moms, foster moms, etc.  
Aaron took his kids to their mom's so she could spend the day with them since it was "his weekend" with them.  Then, they called and said she was called in  to work so she dropped them off again.  She then stopped by my house at 2 pm and asked if they were here.  No, the will be here at 3 pm.  Aaron dropped them off once again on the way to my house.  Poor kids are pulled all over the place.  Sue is living with her uncle once again since she was evicted from her last place.  Amelia wants to go live with her but I don't see that happening since she cannot seem to keep a roof over her head.  End of rant. 

Aaron grilled steaks for the three of us and I made a nice salad.  We had a great lunch, played with Bosco the Great Dane, and then he went back home.  Nice afternoon.

Dean and I pulled weeds from  the flower beds in the early afternoon and there are a lot of them from all the rain.  Must get mulch next and then my flowers.  I did clean and put out my big flower pots.  I use them more these days since they are easier to plant and take care of.

5/12/2024 9:02 pm  #11

Happy Mother's Day!!
Yes Devonne, our air quality is very poor because of the smoke. It was really bad today. It is also preventing us from seeing the northern lights. Enjoy, those of you that get to see them.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/12/2024 11:23 pm)

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

5/12/2024 11:36 pm  #12

PATTY sorry about the air quality, they did back burning here a couple weeks ago, the smoke was awful. Woke me in the night!

CHERYL the kids think the grass is greener on the other side don't they! Poor kids, so difficult for them, they WANT but don't have any idea of why it isn't good for them, ((((hugs)))

Sounds like many of you had a lovely day, SANDRA that KFC would have been a good treat, know you love it!

We are still having rain on and off, it's been OK today, but turned cold now, just back from yoga and had a late lunch. My leftover pizza slices form last night. Didn't sleep well, had to get up, I ate too much and got heartburn, so self inflicted, I should have ordered the salad LOL 

I want to try to finish the blocks, they are pieced with a 1" black strip - I made 4 random cuts on the fat 1/4s. So I am sewing down the black strips, then around the edge of each block, that way I can just do outline quilting at camp. I was going to finish the Mondo bag there as well, but think I'll try to finish it here. So my Show & Tell will be my Austen quilt with bag to match.

DEVONNE that was so nice that both your boys were there together, and if they said a few words to each other even better ((((hugs)))

Enjoy those lights everyone, ours are vibrant red, green and orange, spectacular. Wish I could see them I heard that you  can see them in Ireland in August/September, maybe we'll be lucky.

I have to pay our trip next week, still deciding on travel insurance, I have a few quotes, might even ask at the bank, if you use your credit card to pay for the trip the insurance is free with them, no idea on the policy though. I'll make time this week to check it out.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/12/2024 11:36 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/13/2024 4:51 am  #13

Devonne- no but I’m in my friends will to have her treadle machine and anything else I want.

5/13/2024 9:18 am  #14

Good Morning to everyone.  It is blah outside, no sun!  A breeze is blowing.  The girls are still sleeping, Frank may be awake, but I haven't checked yet.  I have no plans for the day, whatever the girls want to do is fine with me.  Well, I heard some movement down the hall, so guess I'd better quit here and go check it out.  Have a wonderful day, everyone, BJ.

5/13/2024 9:46 am  #15

ITS ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE.  I'M IN SHORTS.  FEELS GREAT.

NOTHING TOO MUCH PLANNED FOR TODAY.  JUST A BIT OF CLEANING AND I ALSO WANT TO CLEAR OUT MY OLD BILLS AND RECEIPTS.  SINCE I DO NOT HAVE A SHREDDER, I USE TEARING AND MY SCISSORS TO CUT THRU NAMES AND NUMBERS.  I ALSO PLACE PIECES IN 2 DIFFERENT PAPER BAGS.  THAT SHOULD DETER THIEVES.

CHERYL.......ITS A SHAME THE KIDS HAVE TO BE BOUNCED SO MUCH BACK AND FORTH.  THEY ARE LUCKY YOU ARE A SOLID SOURCE WHEN THEY NEED YOU.

JANET......WOW, THAT WAS A LOT OF FABRIC YOU BOUGHT.  I WON'T BUY ANY MORE.  I HAVE SO MUCH ITS LISTED IN MY WILL TO GO TO MY DAUGHTER.  I WILL NEVER USE IT ALL IN MY YEARS TO COME.  ESPECIALLY SINCE I DO NOT SEW AS MUCH THESE DAYS.  I REALLY MUST GET BACK TO IT.

TRISH.......YES, I AGREE WITH YOU ON SOME OF THE AGATHA RAISIN SHOWS.  SHE TAKES SOME GETTING USED TO.  BUT SOME ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  A SLOW DAY FOR ME.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/13/2024 9:48 am)

5/13/2024 11:18 am  #16

It's raining here, but off & on, and a light rain.Today I plan on putting brown mulch around my hybrid tea rose bushes. Greg carried potting soil & the mulch to my patio for me. 

I'm back buying healthier foods. Will start in the morning after I weigh. I'll be selective on what I buy at Walmart and will also be shopping at Costco.

Cheryl, it's hard on the kids going back and forth. Things are better with Greg and his ex since Carter has gotten older. Greg disciplines Carter more, while his Mom is lazy and totally opposite. She tried to get him to stay by himself last summer while she was at work (knowing Greg was working from home). They only live 2 miles from each other, so Carter called his Dad every day to pick him up, lol. He will be 13 in September. Hard to believe!

Headed to take a late shower, get clean sheets on the bed & fold some laundry.

ETA: Holly, I looked at your XS. Looking very good!

Last edited by DownSouth (5/13/2024 11:39 am)

D e v o n n e

5/14/2024 8:59 am  #17

A GORGEOUS DAY HERE IN MAINE HITTING 70 TODAY.  LOVE THIS WEATHER.

NOTHING SPECIAL PLANNED FOR ME TODAY.  A BIT OF CLEANING, A BIT OF COOKING.  THEN SOME READING, WATCHING TV AND MAYBE A CROSWORD OR TWO.  I STILL HAVE NOT GOT IT IN ME TO START SEWING YET.  I AM SURE THAT WILL COME BACK SOON.

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

5/14/2024 10:17 am  #18

I finally weighed this morning. I thought I had gained 30 lbs., but I've only gained 10 lbs. since the 1st of the year. When we got back from the cruise, I went back to my old habits. Definitely can't wear the black slacks I love & that's my goal.

I picked up all healthy items at Walmart this morning. I've also started using My Fitness Pal again. My blood pressure is finally down after I finished the antibiotics. Still not feeling 100% yet due to chest congestion. 

The high is only 73 here because of the rain forecast.

I have 5 or 6 tomato plants I need to put in a pot, but I'll need more potting mix. Today I got bone meal, as I read it's really good for tomatoes, or anything that blooms.

I have homemade dog food in the instant pot. I'm headed out to clean the large planters that Gary gave me and hope the rain will rinse them off.

Last edited by DownSouth (5/14/2024 10:20 am)

D e v o n n e

5/14/2024 4:14 pm  #19

Cold, windy and rainy here yesterday and today, and I think tomorrow too.  I bought outside furniture and it’s supposed to be delivered tomorrow between 9 and 5 😂

5/15/2024 4:53 am  #20

Just quickly checking in!

It's been another beautiful day here, warmish, and no rain, the Mr is now annoyed that the stuff he put on the lawn has to be watered in LOL

I have been trying to stabilise those wretched blocks, the backs keep bunching up, have to relay them out tomorrow, at least 6 have been finished out of 16 LOL 

SANDRA I am planning on a nice relaxing read tonight, I finished the Instepctor Lynly Mysteries, he has such a lovely voice, you can tell he is a stage actor, his diction is perfect

DEVONNE hadn't thought of doing the dog food in the instant pot, owner of would work for Megan, they fry up the mixed beef, boil the brown rice and add grated fresh, or frozen mixed veg. Good for you with the healthy eating, I have starred again too, got into a few bad habits.

JANET sorry about the rain maybe we sent you ours LOL 

Nothing happening here, see you tomorrow!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera