OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/06/2024 7:48 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 5 ~ SAT MAY 11

Janet, visit the Dayton Market at
patchwork Plus. You pass it to vet to pp. The diet will not be "full" until shmmer. It does have some interesting shops in it. Patchwork Plus was on one of the shop hops we would do. Have not been there in several years. DIL was there not too long ago. She spent $150.00. She doesn't usually spend that much at shops. Good place to eat is Mre. Rowles. Think spelled that right. Hope so anyway. Virginia Quilt Museum is in Harrisonburg. The Quilters is in general area. Fishersville, think. that is a very nice shop as well. In a very old building. Love the cheese shop that is in area too. Nice cheese shop at Dayton Market. Woodrow Wilson's home is in Stantoun. There used to be a very nice restaurant in an old mill. There was a Depot Bar and Grille in an old train station in Staunton. Haven't been there in years. Used a be a nice quilt shop on the train station but that closed years ago. HIn the Harrisonburg area there is a mall of shops, some antique and used to be a quilt shoo too. Think it was called Heritage Mall. Might could look up online to see what is still in business. Patchwork Plus has comfy chairs for hubby's while quilters shop. P P changed a little under new owners.

it's and Ps............

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/07/2024 1:17 am)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

5/06/2024 8:47 pm  #22

Carol, glad you are on the other side of Houston. I read there are mandatory evacuations. I'm getting better, thanks for asking...about 70% there!

I had breakfast for dinner...something I rarely do.

I know it's late, but I decided to do laundry.

D e v o n n e

5/07/2024 1:41 am  #23

CAROL so good to hear that you are OK and all is well there ((((hugs))))

SANDRA a nice quiet reading day is a great idea, I got Girl O fThe Limberlost on Kindle, still have the book somewhere, but it'a good to have it with me if I want to read, I also got a new series, Vampire Knitting Club, it's one of those cheap series on Kindle for free. It's OK to while away some time LOL
The Inspector Lynley series is quite good. I am enjoying it on Britbox.

JANET sounds like a great few days, love the sound of it. And good to get out anyway, even if it isn't Mothers Day yet LOL We tried to book for next week, all booked out, except for our usual Nuncios italian. So we are going there, he doesn't have a set menu anymore for Mothers or Fathers day, I'm glad as 3 courses is too much for me. 

HOLLY I am the same with heat in food, I can do spices, just not the heat! Having a bean allergy is unusual enough to be careful in restaurants. So much is bean/legume related, I love them fortunately. Can he eat any kind of other green, e.g. kale, sprouts or just the beans?

DEVONNE we love breakfast for dinner occcasionally. Particularly pancakes/waffles with bacon, one of our neighbours was English, his favourite meal as a quick one was Chips, eggs and beans. Chips being fries LOL and the beans - canned in tomato sauce kind.  Even my kids would sometimes ask for "what Chris has" we miss him,  he died about 6 years ago now I think.

STRINGS that is a lot of info for JANET thanks you, I love that you can recommend things close by for her. 
Hope you are doing OK

CHERYL you will miss her forever, I do my Dianne, almost daily I think of here, but It's good memories.  I was thinking today about our trips, we had some fun, one memory was her going behind the bar in Canada somewhere to show them how to make a squash and bitters drink. LOL She lived her life to the fullest she could, didn't waste a minute!
I just want a nice dinner with the family for Mothers Day, but I know they will spoil me with something. Gary hasn't seen his family for a while, they went away.  Megan is hoping they won't be back before Sunday, so she doesn't have to see her M-I-L LOL 

We miss our people when they aren't here, Hope THERESA has a good trip home, Tuesday here, so I hope she will be almost there by now!

I had class this morning it was a hard one! We had a new lady, she just started, I forgot how hard it is to remember all the different exercise LOL She did really well, and it only started drizzling when we left. 
It's got cold now, the A/C is on.
I have small meatballs cooking, I bought them thinking that I could make them in tomato sauce, forgot we had pasta last night, so decided to do them and make some gravy and have with mash and steamed veg. 
Still easy, and I wanted to use up the meatballs, 
They are about cooked, so better get on with it.
Covid is circling here again, a case in the hostel where his sis is. And I have a Drs appointment tomorrow,  better wear a mask. I just need the results of my blood work so hoping for no surprises. He will also tell me when he wants me to have  covid booster. 

I cleaned my sewing room up today, amazing how fast it gets messy.Nearly finished sewing the binding on my Jane Austen, I was going to save some for quilt camp, Maybe I'll stop now and do something else, I can pack it away ready to finish there I need to take it for "Show & Tell" . 
Still haven't heard about the Pfaff, I will ring them tomorrow, it will be 2 weeks on Friday.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/07/2024 8:11 am  #24

HOLLY......WHAT'S A WAWA'S?   NEVER HEARD OF IT.

CAROL......SO HAPPY TO HEAR THE WORST OF THE RAINS MISSED YOU.  YOUR CITY MUST BE LARGE IF THERE IS SO MUCH DIVERSITY OF RAIN FROM ONE END TO THE OTHER.  YIKES.   

WHEN IT COMES TO MEXICAN, I LOVE BURRITOS AND MAKE THEM AT HOME A LOT.  IN FACT I HAVE THE MAKIN'S RIGHT NOW FOR THIS WEEK BUT I THINK TODAY I WILL MAKE SOME CHILI.  I DO NOT LIKE THINGS TOO HOT, SO I GET THE MILD CHILI MIX TO MAKE MINE.  I JUST FEEL THE NEED FOR SOME BEANS THIS WEEK.  ANOTHER THING I LOVE MEXICAN IS THE TORTILLAS THAT ARE CUT INTO WEDGES THEN BRUSHED WITH OIL AND DEEP-FRIED OR BAKED AND COVERED WITH CINNAMON.  SOOOO GOOD FOR A SNACK.  EVERYTHING ELSE I CAN PASS.

YIPPPEE, MY A/C UNIT IS IN.  I HAD IT UP AND RUNNING BEFORE NOON YESTERDAY.  JUST IN TIME BECAUSE TODAY IS EXPECTED TO HIT THE MID 70S AND EVEN MY FANS WOULD NOT HAVE KEPT ME COOL AT THAT NUMBER.  THEN ITS BACK TO THE 60S THE REST OF THE WEEK.

I HOPE OUR THERESA DIDN'T HIT ANY BAD ROADWORK WHILE TRAVELING BACK HOME YESTERDAY.  I'M SURE SHE'S GLAD THAT TRIP IS BEHIND HER FOR AWHILE.

MY LIBRARIAN SALLY IS COMING THIS MORNING WITH 5 MORE LARGE-PRINT BOOKS.  I HOPE THEY ARE GOOD MYSTERIES. 
I HAVE TO WEED THRU MY OWN BOOKS TODAY TO GET RID OF MOST OF THEM.  THEY ARE TAKING UP TOO MUCH SPACE.  
YOU KNOW, IT FEELS GOOD TO CLEAR OUT STUFF.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY TODAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/07/2024 8:23 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/07/2024 8:46 am  #25

Linda- Thanks for the info. 

Mexican food isn’t really hot…you may be thinking TexMex which is.  The Mexican restaurant we go to will add jalapeños but only if you ask.

5/07/2024 9:30 am  #26

Good Morning!  Looks like the sun is trying to break through.  It obviously rained overnight, but it is quite still right now.  I have no plans for the day.  Think Rhonda will be by today, she is back from her trip.

I really don't have a thing to say this morning, feeling pretty stupid!!  So I think I will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

5/07/2024 9:31 am  #27

Sandra, Wawa is a convenience store but better. Limited groceries, milk, juices, coffee, tea, a deli area- everything. It was limited to the Delaware Valley but now there are some in Florida. 
Trish, he’s allergic to all beans, peas, and soy protein, but can have soy flour. He can have spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts. Sprouts are usually bean sprouts, so no. No green beans or baked beans, if it has bean in it he can’t have it. It took years for his parents to figure out what he could and couldn’t have. It’s a violent vomiting reaction. I read the ingredients of anything new I buy. I’m allergic to anything that comes out of the water, all fish and shellfish. Also almonds and avocado. My seafood allergy is a carry an epi pen everywhere allergy. Heather’s family eats vegan, so almost everything they make, one of us can’t have! So she sticks with pasta for us. Tofu is soy! 
I’m not aware of either my parents or his having allergies, so they must have had a recessive gene allowing allergies that they passed on to us. Julianna had a bad berry allergy as a toddler, but outgrew it. 

That’s the allergy lesson for today! 

5/07/2024 11:12 am  #28

I've been working in the kitchen. It was a mess because I cleaned out the pantry. I still need to clean the right side of the stove where the coffee pot is and the island. I'm stopping to take a long warm bath & will finish it later.

I love Mexican food. I normally only get chicken fajitas, a taco salad or fajita nachos. I get the cheese dip with no jalapenos. You can request a double order of rice or fries instead of the beans. Nothing I get is spicy and I don't eat the beans.

The dishwasher is going and the last load of laundry. Do you hate to unload the dishwasher? I'm really bad about leaving the dishes in there until it's time for the next load.

D e v o n n e

5/08/2024 8:39 am  #29

HOLLY.....THANKS FOR THE INFO ON WAWA.

THERESA......ARE YOU SAFELY HOME?

DEVONNE.......I KNOW YOU ARE STILL HEALING SO THAT MEANS TAKE THINGS SLOWLY TIL YOU FEEL BETTER.  IT DOES NOT PAY TO OVERTIRE ONESELF.

LINDA.......I HOPE YOUR EYES ARE DOING WELL TODAY.  I KNOW YOU HAD A DR APPT YESTERDAY AND IT TAKES A LOT OUT OF YOU.  JUST TAKE IT EASY TODAY.  
I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IS LISTENING TO OUR BODIES AND DOING WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE AND NOT OVERDOING ANYTHING.

I DIDN'T REALIZE I HAD SO MANY BOOKS.  I WEEDED THRU THEM DOING THE LAST ONES THIS MORNING.  I KEPT THE ONES I REALLY WANT TO REREAD AGAIN SO NOT MANY LEFT.  I ALSO KEPT THE ONES I HAVE NOT YET READ SO THEY ARE ON MY LIST OF THINGS TO READ SOON.  OF THOSE, I HAVE 4 SHOPPING BAGSFUL.  YIKES.  I SEPARATED THEM INTO ANIMALS IN MYSTERIES, CHRISTMAS, AND 2 SHOPPING BAGS OF GENERAL MYSTERIES.  INTO THE WALK-IN CLOSET THEY WENT.  I WILL GET TO THEM AS I CAN.

I MADE MY MILD CHILI LAST NITE SO I HAVE SOMETHING TO EAT TODAY.  ITS BINGO NITE AND I DID NOT WANT TO BE COOKING SOMETHING IN THE AFTERNOON LIKE LAST WEEK AND IT MESSED UP MY NITE WHEN I READ THE RECIPE WRONG AND HAD TO COOK MUCH LONGER.  I STILL HAVE SOME MEATBALLS AND SOME LONG ROLLS AS WELL FOR SANDWICHES.  MY DAY IS PLANNED PRETTY WELL.

DREARY HERE.  EXPECTING RAIN TODAY.  BUT MY APT FEELS GREAT SET AT 72* WHICH IS FEELING GREAT.

STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.  HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

5/08/2024 9:27 am  #30

Good Morning, I love to read what everyone is doing.  It is very interesting.  The sun is out this morning, it is beautiful.  Hardly any breeze.  We do live on a lovely street, with lots of trees and flowers, very beautiful.  I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all well.   Have a lovely day, BJ.

5/08/2024 4:05 pm  #31

It’s hot, but only today, it’ll be cooler for the next week. And it’ll be light til after 8 pm til mid August, yay! 

New pix of xs on my blog. 60% done.

Dinner was something I’d frozen, a beefy noodle soup. Warmed up great, and easy. 

5/08/2024 7:22 pm  #32

Trish, I do miss Kelli daily as you do your dear Dianne.  Oh that woman made me nervous when she drove!  Too fast and her gas tank was ALWAYS near or on empty.  I am the sort that I fill my tank when it gets to half!   As you said, good memories.

Well, my nephew just got his diagnosis and it is Hodgkins Lymphoma.  That made me sick to my stomach since my step dad died from it in 1970 but, the medical field has come a long way in treating it since then.  The outlook is pretty good for him so we will keep him in our prayers.  My hear breaks for my BIL/SIL as they lost their daughter (his sister) just 5 years ago to Leukemia.

Holly, I just checked out the ebook for Lisa Gardner's "I Still See Her".. I did just finish the book by her, "Find Her".  Oh, it was sort of anxiety causing, but a good read.

My hometown (a little village of 300 people) was hit with an F2 tornado Monday night/Tuesday morning.  It is deep in the hills, so we were so surprised that a tornado got down into the valley.  It did some property damage and took out utilities but not injuries.  Then it crossed the Ohio River and went into Hancock County West Virginia and did more damage.  Irondale is tucked way back in the hills away from the Ohio River.  One would think they are in hills of West Va when visiting .

Today was a lovely day.  Dean and I walked and then I made a delicious lemon fish for supper.  First time I tried it and we loved it.  I will make it again.  I am trying to eat clean, whole foods these days.  I am a sugar addict and I miss it but have cut way back.

Nothing else to report here.  TTYL

5/09/2024 9:06 am  #33

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you all are doing well.  It is a beautiful morning, only 47* but the sun is shining bright and no breeze!  I have no plans for the day, believe Rhonda will be by to pick up coupons for the grocery store.  Know she is grocery shopping today.
I have no plans for the day, can't seem to get my mind working on anything.  So I will sign off and wish you all well, BJ.

5/09/2024 9:37 am  #34

ANOTHER DREARY DAY TODAY WITH RAIN OFF AND ON.  ALSO RAIN FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS.  I GUESS THAT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN TORNADOES LIKE IN THE MIDWEST.  

I WON 4.50 AT BINGO LAST NITE.  ITS ALWAYS NICE TO WIN A BIT.  YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL THAT OUR POTS ARE NOT VERY BIG.  WE ARE NOT BIG BETTERS PREFERRING TO KEEP MOST OF OUR QUARTERS FOR THE LAUNDRY.

I AM HAPPY TO REPORT THAT THE SERIES AGATHA RAISIN, BY AUTHOR M.C.BEATON IS A REGULAR NOW ON THE SUNDANCE CHANNEL HERE.  I LIKE THOSE.  A BIT OF COMEDY WITH THE BRITISH MURDER MYSTERIES.

TODAY I WILL BE SORTING THRU THE LAST OF MY WALLHANGINGS.  I WILL KEEP THE HOLIDAY SCENES AND THE GARDEN ONES I LOVE AND GIVE THE SQUARES AND TRIANGLES AND SUCH TO MY DAU. FOR THE DOG RESCUE.  I JUST DO NOT HAVE THE ROOM FOR MUCH HERE AND I HOPE TO BE MAKING A FEW MORE SCENICS AND HOLIDAYS ONES FOR MYSELF TO HANG ON MY DOOR SO NEED THE SPACE.

THAT'S IT FROM ME TODAY.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/09/2024 9:39 am)

5/09/2024 2:37 pm  #35

Billy has been gone 5 years today. It's not been as bad as I thought it would be. It seems like he's been gone 2 years.

Cheryl, so sorry about the diagnosis for your nephew. We were under a tornado watch today, but it turned out to be a beautiful day. I've been eating horribly the last two months. I'm not buying any more junk food...sweets, etc.

I ordered a huge grocery delivery from Walmart for Gary and Emily. I got him to come by this morning and surprised him. Next month he will start getting his disability so I won't feel like they need my help.

I haven't ordered any machine embroidery designs since January...so unlike me. I have lost all interest in sewing and embroidery (for the time being). 

Sandra, that's a good win for a small jackpot! 

D e v o n n e

5/09/2024 3:01 pm  #36

Yesterday afternoon and evening were kinda scary here with severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings. Thankfully no damage at my house.  My power was off for a couple of hours but I have a couple of battery lights and all my devices were fully charged.  Weather today is nice.

Did I tell you I made a spur of the moment visit to David’s over the weekend?  They planned a Cinco de Mayo celebration combined with early Mothers Day and recognizing grandson Zach and his wife’s birthdays. I’m less nervous making that 5 hour drive each trip. It was so good to see all of them. The little girls and I had a tea party using a tea set that was mine as a child. I don’t know why I hadn’t given it to Jessica when she was little but her girls sure seemed to like it.

5/10/2024 8:10 am  #37

GOOD MORNING!

THANKS FOR ASKING. EYE APPOINTMENT WAS TUESDAY AFTERNOON. TOO LONGER THAN USUAL TO GET BACK TO PRE APPOINTMENT. GUESS IT TOOK ABOUT A DAY AND A HALF. BETTER NOW. USUALLY CAN READ AND DO MY PUZZLES. COULDN'T SO THAT MADE ME WANT TO CLIMB THE WALLS. HARD TO GET INTERESTED IN TV TOO.

LAST NIGHT, DID GET TO ATTEND SEWING GUILD MEETING. INTERESTING PROGRAM. THOUGHT OF CAROL AND HER DOLL MAKING. THE SPEAKER MAKE FIGURES AND CLOTHES.  SHE HAS HAD HER WORK SISPLAYED MORE THAN HERE LOCSALLY.  HER NAME IS PAGE TURNER.

SORRY ABOUT THE SEVERE WEATHER IN PLACES.. STAY SAFE. I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN THERE ARE POWER OUTAGES. WE'VE HAD SOME MUCH NEEDED REAIN. MIGHT HAVE STORMED ONE NIGHT, BUT I DIDN'T HEAR IT.

I DO MISS OUR MEMBERS THAT ARE NO LONGER WITH US.

SORRY, BUT STILL HAVEN'T READ LAST WEEK'S POSTS. WILL TRY TO CATCH UP.

BEHIND ON A LOT OF THINGS, LIKE LAUNDRY, CORRESPONDENCE  ETC.

PRAYERS OFFERED WHEN REQUESTED. 

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS............................................................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

5/10/2024 8:35 am  #38

CHERYL.......SORRY ABOUT YOUR NEPHEW'S DIAGNOSIS.  WITH THE IMPROVEMENTS MADE OVER THE YEARS I HOPE HE CAN LIVE A LONG, HAPPY LIFE.  HUGS FOR HIM.

DEVONNE.......I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AFTER ALL THE MEDS YOU HAD TO TAKE.  EVEN SO, ITS BEST TO GET BACK INTO HARNESS SLOWLY AND NOT OVERDO.

TRISH......HOW ARE THINGS ACROSS THE POND?  HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE AGATHA RAISIN SERIES OR READ ABOUT HER?
YOU ARE SO GOOD ABOUT DOING YOUR EXERCISES AND GETTING OUT A LOT.  YOU ALSO ARE GOOD ABOUT TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF.  THUMBS UP FOR YOU GIRL.

LINDA.......I AM SURE YOU ARE DOING BETTER TODAY NOW THAT THE MEDS HAVE KICKED IN FOR YOUR EYES.  SOMETIMES ITS HARD TO JUST DO NOTHING.  I AGREE THAT TV IS NOT THE ANSWER FOR ALL OF US WHILE WE RECOUP.  ITS TOUGH TO DO NOTHING.

A NICE DAY HERE BUT SINCE I STAY MOSTLY INDOORS, ITS ALL THE SAME TO ME.  EXCEPT THAT I LOVE SEEING THE SUNSHINE.  THERE'S A BIT OF IT OUT THERE RIGHT NOW.

I GAVE AWAY A FEW WALLHANGINGS TO NEIGHBORS YESTERDAY AND SOME ARE JUST NOT WORTHY SO THEY WILL GO TO MY DAU FOR THE DOG RESCUE.  THE DOGS ARE NOT FUSSY, THEY JUST WANT SOMETHING SOFT AND WARM TO SOOTHE THEIR BONES.
ONE OF THE NEIGHBORS GAVE ME SOME TURQ AND TAN HAIR PINS SINCE SHE KNOWS I LOVE TURQUOISE.  SHE WAS SO KIND TO THINK OF ME WHILE SHE SHOPPED.

I MADE PIZZA LAST NITE SO THAT WILL HOLD ME FOR A COUPLE DAYS.  I LEFT IT IN THE OVEN JUST A BIT TOO LONG SO HAD TO TRIM OFF SOME CRUSTS.  WHEN I DON'T COOK WELL, I DO NOT SHARE SO THAT MEANS MORE FOR ME.  IT TASTES GREAT OTHERWISE SO NOT COMPLAINING IN MY CORNER.

I HAVE FINALLY CLEARED OUT WHAT I WANTED....EXCEPT THE DRESSES.  IT MAKES FOR EASIER HOUSECLEANING IN THE LONG RUN.  NOW I CAN GET BACK TO DOING DAILY CHORES AROUND HERE.  ITS GETTING A BIT BEHIND WITH ALL MY CLEARING.  I DON'T MANAGE TO DO TOO MUCH IN ANY GIVEN DAY SO I WAS PUT BEHIND IN DAILY CHORES EXCEPT FOR DOING DISHES.

I HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAVING A GOOD DAY.  I HOPE THE MOTHER'S DAY ARRANGEMENTS ARE COMING ALONG.  I KNOW MY SON WILL BE HERE TOMORROW INSTEAD OF SUNDAY.  THAT MEANS HE'S BRINGING LUNCH.  WHATEVER HE BRINGS IS ALWAYS A CHANGE AND GOOD FOR MY PALATE.

I AM THANKFUL FOR GOOD FRIENDS ON THIS BOARD.
I AM THANKFUL FOR FAMILY THAT VISIT NOW AND AGAIN.
I AM THANKFUL TO STILL GET AROUND AND LIVE ALONE.

STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.  ENJOY YOUR SPRINGTIME.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/10/2024 8:38 am)

5/10/2024 9:00 am  #39

Cheryl, I’m so sorry about your nephew’s diagnosis. I wish the govt would put more money into cancer research.I’m glad you liked the book, she does suspense well.

Devonne, doesn’t feel like 5 years already! 

It’s only in the 50’s today and damp and dreary. And Steph in OR is in the upper 80’s! Yikes! So I have the windows closed, again. 

5/10/2024 9:26 am  #40

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope everyone is feeling well.  The wind is blowing up high, but down at ground level, it is very quiet.  I'm chewing on one of my breakfast balls along with my coffee.  It's a great way to start the day.  Well, all of a sudden, the wind is blowing down low, too!

Have no plans for the day, Tracy and family will be here tonight, so that's lovely!!  Always look forward to seeing them.  Have no plans for the weekend, but I'm sure we'll do something.  I'm so glad I have my summer tops out, love them!

Well, I really have nothing more to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

Board footera