OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/05/2024 4:26 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY MAY 19 ~ SAT MAY 25

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/19/2024 12:57 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 19 ~ SAT MAY 25

Have a great Sunday!

J is still in the hospital, still in ICU, but has made progress. Continued prayers are greatly appreciated! Than you!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

5/19/2024 4:00 am  #3

THANK YOU DIANE I do hope you are all coping OK, so hard when someone is so ill for such a long time (((hugs)))

SANDRA I searched out the Agatha Raisin show, I was able to find it before but it seems to have gone, I'll keep looking they do sometimes take them off and then return them, frustrating, i was all set to try her again!
I'm sorry about your DGD YUK! on the tooth, hope she is feeling better, and you get to see them soon (((hugs))) I'll check out that author

INDY good other your group went well, so what soda did you get?? That's been a nice break for ML and B, glad they enjoyed it. They will have lots to show you I'm sure!

DEVONNE we don't have shower curtains, most don't here, I have glass doors, pain in the neck to keep clean, but my Koh does it well, with not much scrubbing. that is a pretty scene!

CHERYL hope you are all doing ok, awful to hear about the storms, glad you weren't affected 

CAROL I am so glad you didn't get damage, you have so much water/rain damage in Houston, a bit like us, we are struggling with rain, BUT not this weekend!

I went ten pin bowling with the girls last night it was fun, and I didn't come last, even got a few strikes - to my shock LOL Then we all went to dinner, I left by 9.30, they partied on till late, there was a good band on and they danced away till late, AND quite  a few drinks were had LOL
Today has been a quiet one for me, I had cramps last night, right at the front of both legs, must have been the bowling, very uncomfortable and not much sleep, so I am tired. 

So I have done nothing much except play with what I want to take to retreat next weekend. 
That came up fast all of a sudden!! Then it's only a couple weeks till we leave for Queensland YIKES better start getting organised for that.

It's been a very cold weekend here, was freezing at training in the morning, but we warmed up quick. the A/C has been on for a while, I just turned it off, the house will stay warm for a bit now.

I need to get more blood work done for my kidney guy , so will head out early tomorrow, then yoga,
I need to bake a bit for the weekend, zucchini muffin slice, and I'll make Anzac biscuits, as well as the breakfast cookies I have a recipe for. I want to take some veggies to snack on as well. My little car will be packed to capacity LOL

I did get my machine back, it is sewing beautifully, and I finished my Mondo bag to day as well. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/19/2024 7:08 am  #4

Have a great Sunday everyone. Since I did nothing yesterday, will do some things this morning.

Trish, glad you got your machine back!

Last edited by DownSouth (5/19/2024 7:09 am)

D e v o n n e

5/19/2024 8:44 am  #5

PRAYERS CONTINUE FOR J SO THAT SHE MAY RECOVER SOON.

DEVONNE.......THAT'S A CUTE IDEA WITH A SHOWER CURTAIN TO MAKE THE LAUNDRY ROOM CUTER.  

TRISH.......WE, TOO, SOMETIMES GET A PROGRAM AFTER ITS BEEN GONE FOR AWHILE.  ITS GOOD TO SEE RERUNS OF SOME OF THEM.

MY SON IS OUT GROCERY SHOPPING FOR ME.  SINCE ITS SUNDAY I TOLD HIM I WANTED CHERRIES.  I HOPE THEY ARE SWEET.  
NOTHING ELSE HAPPENING HERE.  I CLEANED THE BATHROOM THIS MORNING AND I PLAN TO DO SOME CROSSWORDS LATER.  MATT WILL HAVE LUNCH WITH ME AND FILL ME IN ON ALL THE FAMILY NEWS.
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/19/2024 8:45 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/19/2024 10:06 am  #6

Good Morning, Tracy is up and messing around in the kitchen, so I should go join her.  Have a wonderful day, everyone, BJ.

5/19/2024 1:05 pm  #7

Warmer here, 74, and not raining for a change! We had our Sunday lunch with F and C, UNO’s this week. We stopped and got Rita’s Water Ice on the way home, first this season. 

Tomorrow we have to go food shopping, it’s been 3 weeks. Nothing else new here.

5/19/2024 9:28 pm  #8

I'm home again.  Had a great weekend with friends.  Finished three projects and worked on two more besides doing cross stitch and knitting.

Myself and two friends decided to bring only hand work in September.  Mine will be cross stitch, embroidery, hexies and I don't know what else.  My mind is whirling!!

My car is covered in pollen from sitting outside under pine trees all weekend.  Hopefully will get it washed tomorrow.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

5/20/2024 8:41 am  #9

HI PATTY.......I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS WHEN MY WHITE CAR WOULD TURN COLORS FROM POLLEN.  I AM HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ENJOYED YOUR OUTING.

DEVONNE......I HOPE YOUR GARDEN IS COMING ALONG NICELY AND YOU ARE GETTING THING PLANTED THAT YOU WANT.  I WOULD LOVE TO SEE PICS SINCE THE COLORS IN A GARDEN ARE ALWAYS SO REMARKABLE.

LINDA......I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD DAY.  I KNOW THOSE EYE INJECTIONS TAKE SOME HANDLING.

ITS ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE.  MY SON SHOPPED FOR ME YESTERDAY AND WAS ABLE TO GET SOME NICE CHERRIES ON SALE.  I HAVE BEEN ENJOYING THEM. 
HE ALSO TOLD ME HE THINKS THE STOPLIGHT AT THE CORNER IS JUST TEMPORARY WHILE THEY ARE DOING THE UNDERGROUND PIPING.  ITS ONE LANE AND THE STOPLIGHT LETS EITHER ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER DRIVE ALONG.  NO HUMAN FLAGMAN NEEDED. 
I MADE A TO-DO LIST WITH SPECIFIC THINGS ON MY LIST EACH DAY OF THE WEEK.  IF I DON'T GET THEM DONE ON THAT DAY, I CAN DO THEM THE NEXT. I LIST THEM IN MY DAILY JOURNAL SO I DON'T FORGET.  THE CHORES ARE NOT TOO MUCH TO HANDLE THIS WAY.  FOR MONDAYS ITS CLEANING THE STOVE AND THE AIR VENT OVER IT.  I SHOULD HAVE MY NEW BURNER DRIP PANS ARRIVING IN THE MAIL TODAY.  I GOT SOME DEEP STAINS ON MY CURRENT ONES FROM SPILLAGES AND ITS TOO DIFFICULT FOR ME TO SCRUB THEM COMPLETELY CLEAN.  I WONDER IF LINING THEM WITH ALUMINUM FOIL WILL HELP IN THAT REGARD.  I MIGHT TRY IT.  HAS ANYONE TRIED IT?  DOES IT HELP?

TODAY IS ALSO THE DAY I HAVE TO PACKAGE AND FREEZE THE MEATS I BOUGHT YESTERDAY.  WHEN THAT HAPPENS, I ALSO TRY TO PLAN A COUPLE OF MEALS AND USE SOME OF THE MEATS ALREADY IN MY FREEZER TO MADE SOME ROOM.  I WILL HAVE TO CHECK MY RECIPE BOX.

THAT'S IT FRIENDS.  NOTHING TOO COMPLICATED FOR ME.  I DO THE SAME FOR RECREATION DAILY SO ITS EITHER TV, READING, CROSSWORDS, OR SOLITAIRE TO WILE AWAY THE TIME.  I ALSO DO SOME LAPS IN THE HALLWAY IF I CAN.  I ALREADY DID MY MORNING LAPS SINCE I FEEL PRETTY GOOD TODAY.
I HAVE YET TO GET BACK TO SEWING.  I HOPE I CAN MANAGE THAT SOON.
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS AND PRAYERS CONTINUE FOR THOSE THAT NEED THEM.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/20/2024 8:47 am)

5/20/2024 9:26 am  #10

Holly, we went to Uno's Pizza in Orlando so Carter could make his own pizza. Is that the Uno's you refer to? There are none around Atlanta.

Patty, sounds like you got a lot done. Is this fairly close to home?

I called my sister yesterday and "we" talked 2 hours, lol. She asked "have you called anyone back home?" I said "who would I call?" She said Mom or whoever answers. I reminded her we are the only two left. She said we just sold our house there and moved to Indiana. I asked where she lived and she said the first house on the left (that was Mom's house). She did remember her house number in Indiana (Melena, her DD, lives there now) and she remembered where Anita, an old HS friend, used to live.  

Since switching to Discover Bank, my SS check is being deposited two days earlier. That's nice if you need it sooner.

Sandra, no color in my garden this year, only my roses. The only thing I planted so far is 4 tomato plants and 4 smaller geraniums in one pot. Everything is still waiting on me to get out there. I doubt buying any more flowers unless it's perennials...they are too expensive.

Last edited by DownSouth (5/20/2024 9:27 am)

D e v o n n e

5/20/2024 10:01 am  #11

Devonne, sounds different. UNO’s here is a bar and restaurant. 
Patty, the pollen here is yellow, I even had it on my coffee table from having the windows open. My burnt orange car has the back covered, even being in the garage. 
We went food shopping, it had been 3 weeks. They only had 2 cashiers open, they encourage self checkout, which I refuse. And I think they’ve moved everything in the store! 

5/20/2024 1:28 pm  #12

My car is shiny red again!!!!  I'm so happy to get rid of the pollen, ours is green.  We also have white fuzz balls piling up now from the poplar trees.  And those nasty sand flies are horrendous!!!
I'm not doing anything outside for some time.

Due to road construction in several places I took a different route to the retreat.  It took about 2 1/2 hours, usually a little over 2 hours.  It was a nice drive through a different area.  Very narrow, windy, hilly road.

I try to do the same thing Sandra, pick one thing to get done each day.  Problem is, I have so many things I want to do I can't stay focused on just one!  Then the day goes by so fast it seems I do nothing!🤔

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

5/20/2024 5:57 pm  #13

Sandra, I'm not sewing any either. Just not in the mood.

Next year I'm going to enjoy my azaleas and roses & have only perennials on the patio...that's it. Since my allergies have been so bad this year, it's time to stay inside. My oldest sister was allergic to grass!

This must be the worst year for tornadoes. Four tornadoes in Pittsburgh, PA. Isn't this unusual for that area?

Last edited by DownSouth (5/20/2024 6:00 pm)

D e v o n n e

5/21/2024 8:49 am  #14

Good morning! It seems like I am always busy but don’t have a lot to show for it. Yesterday I did some banking, made some chicken fajita soup, and washed sheets and towels … how did that take all day??? So far today I have peeled and cooked potatoes to make some potato salad to take to a pot luck lunch tomorrow and cleaned my hummingbird feeders. I have only seen a hummer a couple of times this spring but am hoping to attract more. Before I can finish the potato salad, I will have to run to grocery store to get eggs that I forgot last trip.

I made a deal with my next door neighbor (a single middle aged male). He used his tractor with blade to grade the rocks in my driveway and I am going to put together a t shirt quilt for him. We both benefit! He is such a good neighbor.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/22/2024 2:33 am)

5/21/2024 9:35 am  #15

MARYLOU.....THAT'S A GOOD DEAL WITH YOUR NEIGHBOR.  YOU WILL BOTH BENEFIT.

PATTY.......I FEEL AS LONG AS I GET A LITTLE BIT DONE EACH DAY, I AM MAKING GOOD HEADWAY.  THAT'S WHY I HAVE A WEEKLY LIST.  THE GRIME DOES NOT HAVE A CHANCE TO BUILD UP.

DEVONNE.....SMART TO PUT IN PERENNIALS.  I ALWAYS LIKED THAT IDEA.  THERE ARE SOME LOVELY ONES THAT BLOOM IN GREAT COLORS AND GREAT AROMAS.  THEY ARE SO MUCH EASIER ONCE THEY ARE ESTABLISHED. 

MY RANGE DRIP PANS ARRIVED.  I JUST LINED A COUPLE THAT I USE MORE OFTEN WITH ALUM. FOIL.  I WANT TO SEE IF THEY WORK IN KEEPING THE PANS CLEANER LONGER.  OR WILL THEY BURN UP?  I'LL LET YOU KNOW.
TODAY MY TASKS ARE TO CLEAN MY MICROWAVE OVEN AND TOASTER OVEN, AND WIPE DOWN MY FRIDGE INSIDE AND OUT.  WON'T TAKE TOO LONG AND I CAN DO THEM ONE AT A TIME AS I AM IN AND OUT OF THE KITCHEN.
I AM UNDECIDED WHAT TO MAKE FROM MY DEFROSTED MEATS AS YET.  I KNOW I AM GOING TO HAVE GRILLED HOT DOGS FOR LUNCH.  SUPPER IS STILL IN THE AIR.  
LOVELY DAY HERE TODAY.  HITTING THE HIGH NUMBERS IN MID-70S SO A HOTTY FOR US IN MAY.  IT BEEN MUCH TOO WARM HERE BUT IF I HAD A GARDEN, I WOULD HAVE SOME TOMATOES STARTED ALREADY ON THE CHANCE I COULD PULL THEM THRU IF A LIGHT FROST HIT A NITE OR TWO.  ALAS, NOT HAPPENING THIS YEAR.

I THINK THAT'S IT MY FRIENDS.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/21/2024 9:37 am)

5/21/2024 9:59 am  #16

Good Morning,  I'm not feeling too well this morning, so will be brief.  The dog peed on the hall carpet, so thankfully the cleaner is here and she will  work on it.  I believe Frank is going for coffee with the guys, so that's a good thing.

Going to sign off, hope everyone is well, BJ.

5/21/2024 12:37 pm  #17

Marylou, I know how that feels, lol. It's nice you have a good neighbor. I have several neighbors I've never spoken to and one lives right across the street from me. I have spoken to his daughter. I have two that are friendly and offered to help me if I ever need them. It's quieter here than it was at my last house not in a subdivision, on acreage and more rural farmland. It seems people tend to stay more to themselves in subdivisions.

Sandra, I used the same foil method on my electric stove when I had one like that. I actually liked it better than the glass top stove, but they are harder to clean. I never had any problems with the foil. 

I went to Zaxbys for lunch. A house salad and a small drink was $13.72! She did give me a $1.25 senior discount. I won't be frequenting there very often, if at all.

My computer needs charging, so I better submit this now.

D e v o n n e

5/22/2024 2:33 am  #18

I will read later, I got as I thought - 'flu, tested negative for covid on Monday night, Tues and this morning (Wed) Dr asked me to do another test late today, YEP now it's positive, I am so ticked off.

I have most of my things ready for quilt camp, SO I at least have meds and things I can do if I feel inclined here at home!

I have an awful headache cough, and temp, with a very runny nose. So I will be brief now.  See you in a day or two

((((HUGS ))))) 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/22/2024 9:29 am  #19

Good Morning, it is 8:20am, so am moving slowly.  Took Frank his coffee, so he is all set.  It has been raining here and everything is wet, wet!!!  I don't have any plans for the day, just will laze around, I'm sure!  I have a beautiful new shirt on, believe Tracy must have purchased it and put it on my clothes rack, It is Black and White striped long sleeves and the main part is black background, with pink flowers all over the rest of it.  It is very low back and fairly low V-necked front.  Very comfy!

Will sign off now, as I have nothing to say, hope you all have a great day and do well, Love, BJ.

5/22/2024 9:34 am  #20

TRISH.......SORRY ABOUT TESTING POSITIVE FOR COVID.  I AM SURE YOU TOLD US YOU HAD THE SHOTS AS THEY WERE NEEDED.  DOES THIS MEAN TO EXPECT A LIGHT CASE FOR YOU?  I HOPE SO.  SENDING ALONG POSITIVE THOUGHTS YOUR WAY.  GET WELL QUICKLY.

ITS GOING TO BE UNUSUALLY WARM HERE TODAY, HITTING 80F.  THAT'S TOO HIGH FOR US.  AND THE SAME THE NEXT 2 OR 3 DAYS.  I AM HAPPY THAT MY A/C IS IN.  I HAVE IT SET AT 71* AND JUST KEEP IT THERE.  FEELS FINE FOR ME ALL THE TIME.

BINGO TONITE SO THAT MEANS NO COOKING SPECIAL.  I HAVE SOME CHICKEN BREASTS IN THE TOASTER OVEN TO BAKE.  I CAN MAKE SOMETHING EASY WITH THAT FOR MY MEALS.  I AM THINKING FOR TOMORROW I WILL MAKE A SAUCY BEEFY NOODLE CASSEROLE.  I LIKE IT AND IT LASTS FOR A FEW DAYS FOR ME SO I DO NOT HAVE TO COOK EVERY DAY.

NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT FROM THIS CORNER OF THE WORLD.  STAY SAFE EVERYONE.  HUGS, QB S 

Board footera