OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/01/2024 2:43 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY MAY 5 ~ SAT MAY 11

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/04/2024 8:50 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY MAY 5 ~ SAT MAY 11

Bringing it up!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/04/2024 10:39 pm  #3

No time to read (my usual story) but thought I'd lock and bump threads.

My niece, J, was moved back to ICU within a day or 2 of being moved. She is gaining strength, thank God,🙏🏻 but is having some difficulty breathing deeply enough on her own. Last I heard, they were hoping to move her out of ICU again in a few more days. Bless her heart, she's been through the wringer! Prayers are greatly appreciated! 🙏🏻

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/05/2024 4:30 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

5/05/2024 4:30 am  #4

DIANE thank you!! I hope J is feeling better, and will continue to keep her in my families prayers (((( hugs)))

Just got back from dinner with the family, we had Chinese, it was really good, it's drizzling now, again supposed to have torrents, it hasn't happened yet, maybe overnight  LOL 

We are all tired AND cold, it's pretty cold out tonight, looking forward to snuggling under a quilt.

See you later!

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/05/2024 4:30 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/05/2024 8:22 am  #5

DIANE.......PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR DEAR J.  I HOPE SHE MENDS SOON AND YOU CAN REST EASIER.  ITS A TOUGH TIME FOR ALL OF YOU.

WELL, MY LONGSHOT DID NOT WIN THE DERBY YESTERDAY BUT I ENJOYED MY TIME SPENT THERE VIA TV WITH ALL THE COSTUMES AND BIG AND LOVELY HATS.  I LIKED THE PREVIEW STORIES AS WELL SO A DAY NOT WASTED.  

WOULD YOU BELIEVE I AM STILL WEEDING OUT IN MY LITTLE APT.  I TOSSED OUT SEVERAL PLASTIC CONTAINERS BECAUSE THEY WERE WELL WORN.  I NEED TO GO THRU MY BOOKS STILL AND MY WALLHANGINGS BUT THEY CAN WAIT A BIT ALONG WITH CLOTHES.  I REALLY NEED TO REST UP.  STRANGELY ENOUGH MY LEGS WERE CAVING IN BY YESTERDAY.  SO WEAK AND SORE FROM THE UPS AND DOWNS PUNISHMENT THEY TOOK OVER THE LAST SEVERAL DAYS.  I GUESS I OVERDID IT A BIT.  GOOD THING TODAY IS MY DAY OF REST.  THE ONLY THING NEEDED IS PUTTING MY MEATS IN FREEZER BAGS, A BIT OF COOKING TO KEEP ALIVE, AND DISHES IN THE SINK AS I GO ALONG.  READING IS HIGH ON MY LIST TODAY SINCE I HAD TO GIVE THAT UP FOR AWHILE. 
MY SON GOT ALL ON MY GROCERY LIST EXCEPT FOR THE WATERMELON I WANTED.  THEY SUPPOSEDLY HAD QUARTER CUTS ON SALE THIS PAST WEEK BUT HE COULD NOT FIND ANY.  BY SATURDAY THE SALE ITEMS ARE PRETTY MUCH GONE SINCE THEIR SALES RUN FROM SUNDAY TO SATURDAY EVERY WEEK.  SO HE GOT ME A MINI WATERMELON WHICH WAS COSTLY.  BUT THAT'S OK SINCE I HAVE A CRAVING.
ANOTHER GOOD THING IS MY LOON FAMILY IS FRAMED.  I WILL POST A PHOTO.  I LOVE THE WHITE FRAME.  I ADORE MY LOONS.  NOW I HAVE TO GET THE HANGING WIRE TO HANG IT.  I THINK I MAY HAVE SOME IN MY TOOL BOX.  MY SON IS COMING BACK TO VISIT ON MOTHER'S DAY NEXT WEEK SO I WILL GET HIM TO HANG IT.

RIGHT NOW ITS SITTING ON A CHAIR WHERE I CAN EASILY SEE IT ALL DAY.
I AM THINKING OF GETTING BACK TO SEWING THIS WEEK.  I STILL HAVE MY PINK IRIS GARDEN TO FINISH AND I ADORE IRISES. I REALLY NEED TO SEW.

THAT'S IT FROM ME LADIES.  ITS A LOVELY SUNNY DAY BUT RAIN IS EXPECTED LATER.  TEMPS LATELY ARE HITTING THE LOW 60S DAYS BUT ANYWHERE FROM AROUND 30 TO HIGH 30S AT NITE.  WHEN I WALK MY LAPS I AM GLAD I GAVE UP MY GARDEN SPACE.  THESE OLD LEGS ARE NOT KEEPING UP WITH MY MIND.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/05/2024 8:35 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

5/05/2024 8:38 am  #6

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday. I am feeling better today!  

Prayers for your niece, Diane. Hope her breathing gets better so she can get out of ICU. 

Trish, hoping you don't get those heavy torrential rains. 

D e v o n n e

5/05/2024 9:11 am  #7

Good Morning, I've been up for awhile, done my exercises.  I see Tracy is awake, so I'll be taking my shower soon.  Took Frank his coffee.  I'm not very bright this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

5/05/2024 9:51 am  #8

😂 last night DH says to me I’ll take you out to dinner tomorrow since it’s Mothers Day…😊. I said ok. lol

5/05/2024 11:37 am  #9

JANET......GOOD.   ITS BEST TO GET TO DINNER THIS WEEK BECAUSE NEXT SUNDAY WILL PROBABLY BE WAITING ROOM ONLY.

5/05/2024 12:29 pm  #10

I was going to say the same thing Sandra said! Beat the rush!

5/05/2024 4:06 pm  #11

Well, I just lost my post. 
Here I go once more.
Janet, enjoy your dinner out no matter what the day is!  Celebrate!!  I usually ask the kids/hubby to grill out at home as I do not like the long wait or sometimes noisy restaurants on Mother's Day.

I always think of Kelli during this early May.  Her birthday and Mother's Day often were on the same day or same weekend.  She was adamant that they be two different celebrations! I love getting kitchen appliances/utensils for my birthday but whoa, if Bill got her that sort of gift, he was in the dog-house.   Oh, how I miss her sassy self.

Rain and cloudy today so I stayed inside and got my "Cars" quilt quilted.  I need to trim it up and then bind it.

Dean and I ordered pizza for supper.  We rarely do that and it was go good!  I did have a nice salad to go with it so it would not be too bad for me.

Diane, prayers for you niece.  Hoping she is well soon.

Last edited by Chlynn1129 (5/05/2024 4:07 pm)

5/05/2024 5:57 pm  #12

We drove out to a new Italian restaurant only to find it closed, so we drove back to our usual Mexican restaurant forgetting it was Cinco de Mayo. It was crowded but we had a good meal. The staff was wearing sombreros and the place was decorated with balloons. Red, white and green chips, etc…1/2 price margaritas and $2 beers.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/07/2024 1:18 am)

5/06/2024 6:17 am  #13

CHERYL........I THINK GETTING KITCHEN UTENSILS IS A GOOD THING.  I LIKE HAVING LOTS OF DIFFERENT ONES.  ONE FOR EACH PURPOSE.  

JANET.....I'M GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOUR MOTHER'S DAY DINNER, EVEN IF IT WAS A WEEK EARLY.

I HOPE THERESA BEATS THE RAIN ON HER WAY HOME TODAY.  SHE HAS A LONG TRIP. 

I AM HOPING THAT MGMT PUTS IN MY A/C UNIT TODAY.  YOU KNOW ME LADIES, I'M A HOT BABY.  THE SOONER THE BETTER BUT WE CAN'T SCHEDULE THE TIME.  IT'LL BE EITHER TODAY OR ONE OF THE NEXT 2 MONDAYS.  CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME.

I MADE SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS YESTERDAY SO I HAVE ENOUGH FOR A FEW MORE MEALS.  I CAN ALWAYS HAVE A MEATBALL SANDWICH TO CHANGE IT UP.

WISHING YOU ALL A FINE DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/06/2024 6:18 am)

5/06/2024 7:41 am  #14

Hi, all.

Diane, prayers continue for J and a full recovery.

Janet, a week early is better than none.  I avoid Mexican restaurants at all costs when it's close to Cinco de Mayo.  Way too much craziness in this city for that.  

Sandra, keeping my fingers crossed for your A/C.  

Devonne, hoping you are feeling better.  

Trish, hoping you are starting to get cooler weather.  

Theresa, thinking good thoughts for your drive home. 

We're fine; thanks for thinking of me. The flooding is on the north side of Houston, and I'm in the SW part.  We've had just over 2" during the past week.  The north parts got nearly 24" in some places.  Some of it was 12" in two consecutive days.  Waterways are overflowing.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

5/06/2024 8:13 am  #15

HI!
DOING OKAY. EYE APPOINTMENT TOMORROW.
PRAYERS FOR J.
TWO WEEKS, MAYBE MORE BEHIND IN READING.

THINKING OF EVEYONE. PRAYERS..............

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

5/06/2024 8:27 am  #16

Carol, so glad you are ok! It’s cloudy here, rain expected. 

I’m trying to decide the daily question of what’s for dinner. I’m not at all inspired. 

We’ve never done a Mexican restaurant. Between his bean allergy and me not doing spicy foods, it’s a no go. The closest we get is me making tacos at home. We’re also limited in what Chinese we get, and no Thai/Vietnamese because they use fish oil. Good thing there’s a good Italian restaurant on almost every corner in jersey- the other corners have Wawa’s and pizza parlors. 

5/06/2024 9:27 am  #17

Good Morning, it is a rainy day here, just pouring!  Doesn't bother me a bit, as I rarely go outside.  I'm tired this morning, don't know why, as I slept a nice long night.  Will just have to rest a lot today.  Have no plans!

Hope you all are doing well, will sign off as I'm just useless this morning,  Hope you are all doing well, Love, BJ.

5/06/2024 11:51 am  #18

I have a rather childish palate for Mexican so am happy with the casadillos at  the Greek/American restaurant, here. Same with Chinese food--nothing exotic, as Mom called it.  I do like to make taco salad for us.

Janet, did Jerry ever realize this wasn't Mother's Day weekend?    I know one thing, WE will not be going out on the day.  For one thing, ML/Bill will be away on vacation,  Danny is a dope and if he remembers to  call me, he'll mostly rave about the "mother of his children".  Howard will be good to pickup and eat at home, though. 
Don't get me wrong, Danny loves me and he's a good kid, just rather insensitive at times, like when he overly talks about his dad to ME!   Or complains about how Zakk neglects them and they seldom see him. Oh really?  Well...
  His dad has been dead for years and I'm still here!   and I've lived with minimal contact from them for years and survived so I understand his/their disappointment.   Sometimes, he wakes up to that and admits he's "preaching to the choir"!   

We have a busy week.  We're home today, but each of  us has one medical appt. and Rx.s/groceries to pick up at Walmart and primary voting and whatever else this week.   Got our new a/c installed by friend, Jeff on Saturday.  It's loads more quiet and should be more efficient.  Jeff gave us a great deal, and we're so thankful for that.  Next is getting the septic tank pumped...  Ugh! on that...a necessary evil...

QB, hope you get your A/C in sooner, since you're a "hot baby" !    Sounds like you're set in the food department for awhile.

Carol, thanks for relieving our concern about the flooding.  Having lived there, I can attest to the vastness of the Houston area and the possible difference in flooding  from south to north.  So glad you're okay.   

Cheryl, I like it when you remind us of Kelli.  She was one of a kind and left us way too soon.  Must have been difficult when you ended up in different towns after she returned from AZ.  At least I think that's what happened?
I talked on the phone with her once when she was a Curves owner and thought she might have wanted some of the equipment our local  'going out of business' Curves was trying to sell.  That never happened.  Think she was more or less at the end of her own ownership by then. 

Prayers and wishes for continued healing for your niece, Diane.  Setbacks are so discouraging, but sounds like she'll be better soon, again.  

Off to get busy and accomplish something.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (5/06/2024 11:56 am)

5/06/2024 12:42 pm  #19

Judy- I told him on the way and he said oh well. lol.
We are going to Staunton, VA ( pronounced Stanton) Wed for the scenic railroad on Thursday and then to Patchwork Plus (supposed to be the largest quilt shop in VA) on Friday and the the Shenandoah Market Place on Friday and the home by dinner time. Hopefully it goes smoothly.
This morning the car broke down just as I pulled out of the driveway. I managed to get it back onto the driveway and had to walk UP our 800’ stone driveway. The tow truck should have been here by now.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/07/2024 1:17 am)

5/06/2024 3:45 pm  #20

Cheryl, my mom would have totally agreed with Kelli. On Xmas, dad’s mom would give him a shirt and her something for the kitchen and it made her nuts. LOL, we have Ralph’s rule of plugs- don’t give a woman anything with a plug unless she specifically asks for it. 

We ended up with a mish mosh for dinner- my Texas Roadhouse leftovers, leftover chicken cooked in salsa, corn, and cole slaw. 

Board footera