OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/30/2024 9:13 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY APRIL 28 ~ SAT MAY 4

GRAY DAY TODAY.  RAIN EXPECTED.  BUT NOT COLD.

TODAY IS FLOOR WASHING DAY.  I REALLY HATE IT.  I NEED TO MOVE A FEW THINGS OUT OF THE WAY AND THE SMALL RUGS I PUT DOWN ON THE FLOORS.  ITS ALWAYS A CHORE.  
BUT I DID MY LAPS AND WROTE OUT MY RENT CHECK.  LAST NITE I MADE A STEAK SANDWICH AND WILL HAVE ONE TODAY.  I WILL PROBABLY MAKE THE CASSEROLE LATER TODAY.  DEPENDS ON HOW I FEEL.
MY APT IS LOOKING DECENT SO ALMOST READY FOR INSPECTION WITH SPRING CLEANING DONE JUST IN TIME. NEXT WEEK I HOPE TO SEE MY A/C BACK IN MY WINDOW BEFORE IT GETS TOO WARM.

DEVONNE......LOVE YOUR FLOWERS.  SORRY ABOUT THE TEA ROSES.  THEY ARE VERY TOUCHY SO ITS BEST TO GET OTHER VARIETIES.  THERE ARE MANY OUT THERE IN ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW.  SOMETHING TO SUIT EVERYONE.
MOLLY IS SO DARN CUTE.  I LOVE HER BIG EYES.  GLAD SHE IS DOING SO MUCH BETTER.

CAROL........YOU ARE ALWAYS VERY BUSY WITH WORK AND WITH YOUR QUILTS AND DOLLS.  HOW NICE OF YOU TO MAKE THE EXTRA HUG PILLOW.
DO YOU STILL WRITE?

JANET......GLAD TO HEAR YOUR POOL WILL BE IN ORDER SOON.  DO YOU GET MUCH USE FROM IT?  ITS SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF WORK BUT I NEVER HEAR THE FUN IT BRINGS YOU.

WISHING YOU ALL A NICE DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/30/2024 9:18 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/30/2024 9:41 am  #22

I wasted water yesterday watering my front yard. I checked the weather and saw no rain until Friday. It rained today!

I've been watching an Oklahoma couple for years on YT. They had two tornadoes in one night. He works for the sheriff's dept and Sulphur is the town he covers. He, his brother & family were trapped in his brother's cellar by a huge tree on the door. They had to wait to be rescued. So much damage, but there could have been far more deaths.

Janet, is the pool water low from evaporation? You would have to swim every day to make it worth all the work. I've decided not to get a portable hot tub. Greg said his uses a lot of electricity. You have to keep them going at least 12 hours a day and I would have to run a cord across my patio. Not happening, as I already have one cord for my pellet grill. I need the space for my pots.

I saw another good planter/pot tip. If you have smaller pots you aren't using, turn them upside down and put them in the bottom of your bigger pots. Will save on potting soil!

Last edited by DownSouth (4/30/2024 9:42 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/30/2024 10:21 am  #23

Good Morning to everyone!  It is a beautiful day here, the sun is so bright.  It is very still outside, but so nice.  My head is not working so well this morning, so I will be brief. I'm not feeling so well.  Oh well, I just have to carry on.

Sharon is here to do laundry and cleaning.  It is so nice to have someone here helping.  I'm not able to do much.  Well, I'm going to sign off now, wishing you all well, BJ.

4/30/2024 12:20 pm  #24

Sandra- yes, I’m in the pool as much as possible. Since it is a salt pool there’s no chlorine powder or tabs to do every day. It has a salt generator which creates the chlorine. All we need to do is put in a bag of pool salt usually 3 times a season.
Devonne- no. There’s no really no evaporation over the winter as it is covered. But the water has to be drained somewhat to prevent the pipes, etc from freezing and cracking. It’s too much to rely on the rain. There is evaporation after the winter cover is removed but we keep a solair cover on it most of the time to help stoop that and to keep the water warm and clean.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/02/2024 8:14 pm)

4/30/2024 3:50 pm  #25

Afternoon y'all! 

Finally got mom's taxes done and filed.  Now to move on to this years property sales to pay those taxes.  Waiting for the tax person to call me!  Not holding my breath here! 

Luke and I leave on Thursday.  It will be just the 2 of us.  We booked the hotels going up, nothing for the trip home!  I will help him set up on Saturday, tour the park on Sunday.  I will take him out to supper on Sunday and head homeward on Monday.  I will stop off to go to the Flagship LL Bean store in Maine!   I am not sure right now of any other stops on the way home!  My friend can't go the health of her FIL is not good!  

I found out why some things were not being done for my mom.  She had a male caretaker, she would shoo him out of the room every time he walked in.  I get that, I would not be comfortable with a non-family male seeing me in my birthday suit!   Things were better today, I'm still struggling to have them take her down for meals.  

Just my usual busy!  I walked the mall due to rain, got mom some hand soap, then to Joann's for some fabric.  Going to try and do a mystery quilt!  I need the sanity saver!  

Supper is almost cooked!  Need to go eat!  Later my Friends! 

4/30/2024 6:06 pm  #26

I want to be on the record as assuring you all that Ralph does not agree with a single solitary one of those statements. And they are not going to harsh my mellow! 

Manda got a 10 week old adorable springer spaniel that they have named Huckleberry. Here’s the most adorable thing, she came with a crocheted snood to keep her ears out of her food! Of course I googled it, and there are free dog snood patterns online! As she grows, guess I’ll be crocheting snoods!

Steph is traveling to southern Oregon today, to Bend, for work. There is snow there! Fresh snow! Meanwhile, here it was in the upper 80’s again. 

4/30/2024 10:04 pm  #27

Just watched Miller's Girl on Netflix. I give it 2 thumbs down. I don't know how this movie is ranked #2. 

Theresa, have a safe trip! I'll be thinking about you. 

Holly, I guess "harsh my mellow" is a slang term? I've never heard it before. Does it mean it's not going to bother you? Congrats to Mandy on the new fur baby!

Janet, thanks for the info on the pool. Those salt water systems made a huge difference in pool maintenance. 

I need to get motivated. Today was a lazy day for me. Maybe tomorrow? Lol.

D e v o n n e

5/01/2024 3:08 am  #28

My gosh, things went wrong here, fast LOL.
The weather has turned, and we are expecting torrents of rain, decided that it looked OK today so I would wash the sheets, by the time the wash was finished light rain started, AND the dryer broke when I went to use it.  Pain in the "you know what " LOL
We got another one, luckily the rain stopped enough, and it did get dry. Pick up the new one tonight, I had to wait for W's car to fit it in, OR wait for Gary or Megan for their cars. 

Then I got my nails done yesterday, and promptly caught my finger in the gate today when putting out rubbish and completely smashed one!. Honestly, can't win today. LOL
In the greater scheme of things all very small problems, and can be fixed. And we are lucky to be able to afford to do so easily.

Today was going to be a sewing day, but by the time I got the dryer out of the laundry, cleaned up under it, and moved it to the balcony, went and got Megan's gifts ( her B/D is on Sunday ) the day has gone.

SANDRA take it easy cleaning, a little each day will get you there, it does take a while when we get older. We had one of your favourites tonight - mash, I cooked mince with some veg and tomatoes and spices  as well, the Mr was happy, he loves that! 

Janet it's good you get lots of use, no point in having the pool otherwise, we got rid of ours, no longer used when the kids got old enough to be out all the time.

DEVONNE I was going to say be careful with the cost of running the hot tub they do use a lot of power, Megan said their bill doubled, and it wasn't worth it. The hot tub is still there, just empty and waiting to be removed - he'll get to that - maybe in a year LOL , it's been empty for a few years now. These things can wait you know LOL  Your flowers are so pretty!!

THERESA have a good time, you will enjoy visiting those places! I understand about the male nurse too, MIL was very reluctant to have male nurses. She was very vocal (and really, really rude) . She did get used to it though, we kept telling her he wan't just looking at her, he HAD to supervise her shower she could barely do anything by then., and he was trying to be as discreet as possible, she was even talking about having him charged as a Peeping Tom!

HOLLY how cute, will she be an inside dog? Gary was reluctant to have the dogs in all the time, he's the biggest softie now though!

I got my 'flu and Prolia injections this morning s well as all the other stuff. AND was breath tested on the way home, he was so nice, told him try to stay dry, it looked like pouring again. 
It's been a busy day, and I'm feeling it now, so heading to bed earlier than later.

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

5/01/2024 8:55 am  #29

HOLLY.......HOW NICE THEY GOT A SPRINGER.  I HAD A FRIEND WHO HAD TWO.  THEY WERE SUCH LOVELY DOGS.  I HOPE THEY WILL ALL BE VERY HAPPY TOGETHER. CUTE NAME FOR HER.  SPEAKING OF SNOODS, I USED TO CROCHET THEM FOR MYSELF MANY, MANY YEARS AGO.  WITH THE THIN STUFF FOR MAKING DOILIES.

TRISH......YIKES, ALL THE WOES FOR YOU.  SORRY.  AT LEAST THEY ARE NOT BIGGIES.  WE CAN HANDLE THE LITTLE ONES PRETTY WELL.  

I WOKE A BIT WONKY TODAY THOUGH I MANAGED TO GET MY SHOWER DONE.  THEN GOT WONKY.  THAT MEANS I AM HAPPY THAT ONLY A FEW THINGS NEEDED DOING BEFORE THE INSPECTION TOMORROW BUT MAINLY SO THE SINKS WILL BE SHINY AND CLEAN AND THE BEDROOM WILL NOT HAVE CARTONS OF EXTRA FOOD IN VIEW.  SO IT IS FINE WITH ME.  I STILL NEED TO MAKE THAT CASSEROLE AND SINCE THE CHICKEN NEEDS COOKING, THAT IS A PRIORITY TODAY.
ITS GOING TO RAIN ALL DAY SO ITS GRAY HERE BUT NOT COLD.  MY WINDOWS ARE OPEN FOR THE FRESH AIR.  

THAT'S ABOUT IT FROM ME LADIES.  I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A FINE DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/01/2024 8:57 am)

5/01/2024 9:08 am  #30

Good Morning, it is a lovely day here, only 47*, but it is blue skies and some soft billowy white clouds.   Not a breath of air moving.  Can't believe it is May, love it, though!!

I have no plans for the day, will play on the computer for a little bit, then move to the living room to watch TV.  Can't seem to get my head around to go to the quilt building and sew.  I'm afraid those days are over.  Well, guess it's time to sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

5/01/2024 9:48 am  #31

I woke up at 5 a.m. in afib, first time in a year. Got up and took an extra metoprolol as per cardio instructions. It lasted about 2 hours, and I’m still a little shaky. I don’t know how Janet’s husband does it!

Trish, what was the second shot?

Devonne, yep, it’s an old hippie expression.

Of course Huck will be an inside dog, we don’t do outside dogs. I put a pic of her in her snood on my blog. Manda sent us video of her having the zoomies, so cute.

Theresa, safe travels!
I laughed at Trish’s “male nurse” expression. My dad used to call Ralph a male nurse, and I’d say no, he’s an ER nurse. 

5/01/2024 12:15 pm  #32

I’ll answer for Trish…prolia is a treatment for osteoporosis…I think used for extreme osteo.
I wouldn’t want a male caregiver either. DH dislikes having a male nurse for anything…he wants to be coddled and cuddled, by a woman, lol.
As long as the aFib doesn’t interfere with his jogging, working out in the gym, etc, he’s come to ignore/accept it.
The new cooktop was finally installed today. Appt was for between 8-9 and he got here at almost 11. 🤷‍♀️. This was the second attempt. The first time the installer went to pick it up on his way from Lowe’s and they couldn’t find it. I bought it March 5! I’ve been cooking on one burner.

Last edited by tricia-anne (5/02/2024 8:14 pm)

5/01/2024 1:39 pm  #33

Lovely May Day, here.  Not too hot, yet.  I have the slider open and the next door rooster is crowing like mad.  He sounds so lovely, to me.    Howard did all the yard work, yesterday and today, he cleaned the garage.  
Guess he's feeling much better.  He's upstairs, resting , I'm sure.  Didn't question him as that tends to make him think I want him to stay down here.  NOT!  Supper is l/o baked spaghetti and salad.  Yippee!

I do understand the distaste of having a male nurse, if  a female.  Have never had that issue  nor did Mom at the Pines or Gabriel Home far as I know.  By then, I doubt she would have known the difference, though. 

You are such a trouper, Theresa on many levels.  Traveling alone, home, being one that I could never have done.  Stopping at L.L. Bean will be one nice perk.  It's so nice Luke has found his niche and  can use his education in it.   Always sounds like a wonderful job to me  One of ML's girl cousins was the head honcho here at the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore for 33 yrs.  She just quit it in January.  Is too young to retire so we don't know what she'll do next. As it is now, too often, politics was the cause of her quitting.  She told ML is was brutal, at the end.  I suspect she is floundering a bit as that was her life for so long...

QB, my guess is you're apt. would take the prize for good care if that were the criterion.    I'll just bet it's cleaner and neater than anyone else's.  Hope the inspectors  come when they say they are so you don't have to wait for them like sometimes in the past.

Trish, your last few days are a testimony for "when it rains, it pours".  To break your nail was the last straw.  You're right, lots worse things, but at the least, tiresome, when this all happens at once.  Hope you can relax for a few days.  

I'd better carry on, here.  Have a good start, today and no supper to cook, so...

Indy

Last edited by indyanny (5/01/2024 1:43 pm)

5/01/2024 3:29 pm  #34

Judy and Theresa, my knowledge of NPS internal politics is based on Nevada Barr’s books, in which employees are not treated the best. 

My friend John is in and out of afib and never knows. I know the minute it starts, and the minute it ends. Funny. 

I cooked chicken tenders in salsa in the crockpot. Ralph loved it, and it smelled amazing. 

I still feel strange, it’s the metropolol. I take it every night, so I sleep thru the worst of it. 

5/01/2024 6:14 pm  #35

Today I groomed Molly and Gracie (again) and gave them the "summer cut." That's what they call it here, lol.

I had to make myself vacuum my bedroom, so I could shampoo the carpet. I wish I could afford LVP flooring.  Shampooing is done and pizza coming out of the oven. No more work for me today.

BJ, I haven't been in my sewing room since February. Think I may have to give it up too. I know it's sad for you to give it up, you loved it so much. Hugs! [/size]

Last edited by DownSouth (5/02/2024 7:32 am)

D e v o n n e

5/02/2024 7:36 am  #36

ITS A RAINY DAY IN THE NORTH COUNTRY.  WE CAN USE IT SO NO COMPLAINTS.  ITS ALSO INSPECTION TIME.  I HAVE 3 GUYS HERE DOING THEIR THING.  THEY CHECK MOSTLY TO SEE THAT EVERYTHING IS WORKING OK AND I HAVE EGRESS FROM THE APT IN CASE OF EMERGENCY.  

THERESA........I AM SURE LUKE WILL ENJOY HIS TIME IN MAINE FOR HIS JOB.  WE HAVE SUCH LOVELY WEATHER HERE IN THE SUMMER.  THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT "VACATIONLAND".  ITS EVEN ON OUR LICENSE PLATES. I LIVED IN FLORIDA FOR 3 YEARS AND THO I LOVED THE SUNSHINE AND THE FLOWERS AND COLORS, I HAVE TO ADMIT TO LOVING MAINE MORE FOR ITS GOOD WEATHER AND LACK OF TORNADOES, HURRICANES AND OTHER NATURAL DISASTERS.  AND LATELY THE WINTERS HAVEN'T BEEN BAD AT ALL. 

INSPECTORS ARE GONE.  I JUST HAVE TO MOVE THE MOP AND BUCKET OUT OF MY BATHTUB.  JERKS.  WHERE DO THEY EXPECT ME TO PUT IT.   ANYWAY, THEY ARE GONE FOR ANOTHER YEAR.  BUT THE APT. WAS CONSIDERED HEALTHY AND CLEAN.

I MADE THE RICE-A-RONI CASSEROLE LAST NITE AND I MESSED UP THE RECIPE A BIT IN THE TIMING AND THE DEGREES, SO IT TOOK LONGER THAN I EXPECTED.  THAT MEANT NO BINGO LAST NITE.  I WAS TOO TIRED TO READ THE RECIPE CORRECTLY I GUESS.  BUT IN THE END, IT CAME OUT OK AND I ENJOYED IT.  I DID NOT ADD ANY SALT BUT THERE IS SALT IN THE RICE-A-RONI SO IT TASTED A BIT SALTY TO ME.

MY DAY WILL BE ONE OF REST.  I AM POOPED.  I THINK I CAN GET BACK TO READING AGAIN.  AT LAST.  I HAVE LEFTOVERS FOR MEALS SO I AM GOOD ON THAT SCORE.
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (5/03/2024 11:32 am)

5/02/2024 9:29 am  #37

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is sunny and beautiful here, very slight breeze!  I think Rhonda is grocery shopping today and she invited me to go with her so may!  I don't have any energy, but it will be good for me to get out.  Will try!!

I'm going to sign off as I don't have any energy and would like to be asleep but will stay awake!!  Have a wonderful day, everyone, hope you all have a good one, BJ.

5/02/2024 10:00 am  #38

I was to the gym, breakfast with the girls, haircut and grocery shopping and home by 10:45!  😀

5/02/2024 10:15 am  #39

QB, I visited Maine as a 12 yr. old.  All I really remember was the lobster we had.  So delicious and made me a life-long lover.  I always say, if I was Queen, I'd have lobster every day.  When I was expecting Danny, we went to a nice restaurant that had, among other entrees, all the lobster tails you could eat, all for once price.  I would be ashamed to admit how many I ate.  Result of that, (maybe):   nothing for me as an expectant mother, but Danny dislikes all seafood.    Everything and anything for one price--serve yourself at a small buffet.  Glad you can rest up today and regroup  What difference does it matter where you keep you mop?

Waiting for Jeff to come and install the a/c,  We sort of expected him at 7 am.  He's an early bird.  But, not yet.
As men will do, he/Howard decided since we're home most of the time, he wouldn't call ahead but will just show up whenever  it works for him.   And that's mostly right and usually okay, but tomorrow we have our small group (not here) that Howard never mentioned to Jeff...so we'll see...    I'm not going to worry about it, I'm not, I'm not! 

BJ, I agree, if you're able, it's good to get out when you can for a bit.  It does seem to change your perspective  and outlook to do so.  Even to the grocery store, seeing others and doing something else.  Plus the time spent with Rhonda will do you good.  

Well, in the end, the flag pole is unobtrusive, I barely notice it in the location "we" picked.  Only notice the rather eerie glow the light on the top to illuminate the flag emits, on the porch in the dark.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm a patriot and love the flag.  Just didn't think we needed another, on a tall pole.  But as I said before, ML convinced me there are certainly worse things.  

Need to go and shower/wash my  hair.  Have a nice day.  Still can't believe it's May and spring and lovely.  I should clarify about the rooster, yesterday.  "Lovely"  wasn't quite the word I meant.  I guess it's just he's sounds so happy.  He's young and has about 12 hens in the coop with him.  He crows repeatedly for spells, then is quiet for  a long time.  Grandma didn't want any roosters near her hens, so we never had even one after the ones she bought to eat were gone!  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (5/02/2024 10:22 am)

5/02/2024 11:29 am  #40

A bright sunny day here in Jersey! I just finished my library book. Extinction by Douglas Preston. Sorta Jurassic Park, sorta police investigation. Very good, just came out this week. I have Taylor Swift playing via Amazon music, in the background. 

I have no ideas what’s for dinner, the eternal question. 

Board footera