OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/01/2024 2:44 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY APRIL 28 ~ SAT MAY 4

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/27/2024 10:54 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY APRIL 28 ~ SAT MAY 4

Have a great Sunday!

We had good news I can share! My niece (J) is out of ICU after 3+ weeks! She is still weak, but slowly improving, thank God! Thank you all for thinking of us!

I had the 2nd eye procedure last Monday and am looking forward to the results when both corneas are healed! I still have scarring on my left eye, so it may need to be repeated, but we'll wait and see what the doc says next week when I get the "bandage" contact lens removed from my right eye. He will check both eyes again at that point. My pressure is up from the steroid drop so I'm hoping it will be a shorter time using it this go around.

Anyway, good news about my niece and I'm hopeful that my vision will continue to improve!

Back when I can read, but I'll try to post sooner. I mean, I can read A LITTLE, but with difficulty seeing well

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/28/2024 7:22 pm)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

4/28/2024 5:22 am  #3

Kent State protests were over VietNam.

4/28/2024 8:41 am  #4

ANOTHER LOVELY WARM DAY IN THE 60S.  CAN'T DISLIKE THOSE NUMBERS HERE IN MAINE.
AS FOR ME, I AM TIRED TODAY.  I DID A BIT TOO MUCH YESTERDAY PROBABLY.  I PLANNED TO DO MORE TODAY BUT SINCE ITS NORMALLY MY DAY OF REST ANYWAY, I WILL REST MOST OF THE DAY.  I MAY GET A CASSEROLE INTO THE OVEN OR NOT.  DEPENDS ON HOW I'M FEELING.

TRISH.......I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO KEEP A FEW OF THOSE PLASTIC BAG CLIPS ON HAND SINCE WE MAY GO TO CARDBOARD IF YOU'VE ALREADY MADE THE JUMP.  I LIKE THEM, TOO, MARKED WITH BLACK MARKER, FOR PUTTING ON CORDS AND EXTENSIONS LIKE ONE FOR MY LITTLE FAN AND ANOTHER FOR MY VAC AT THE OUTLETS.  THAT WAY I DO NOT MIX UP THE WIRES.  AND BEHIND YOUR TV FOR WHAT WIRE GOES TO CABLE AND WHAT GOES TO HERE OR THERE.  HANDY LITTLE THINGS.

JUDY........GOOD FOR YOU GETTING IN YOUR NEW AIR JUST IN TIME FOR THE SUMMER HEAT.  THE TIMING WAS GOOD.

DIANE......SUCH GOOD NEWS FOR YOUR NIECE OUT OF ICU NOW AND GETTING BETTER.  IT'LL TAKE AWHILE. CONTINUED PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR HER.
GOOD NEWS ABOUT YOU, TOO, WITH YOUR EYE.  I HOPE THINGS QUICKLY IMPROVE FOR YOU NOW.

WHERE THE HECK IS SAN THESE DAYS  HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HER FOR AWHILE.  I HOPE SHE IS WELL.

THAT'S IT FROM ME LADIES.  A LAZY DAY PLANNED.  HUGS FOR ALL, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/28/2024 8:46 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/28/2024 9:48 am  #5

Beautiful day so far. Today we are uncovering the pool. 😵‍💫 and getting the filter, etc ready to go. Sounds simple but it is physically demanding.

4/28/2024 10:32 am  #6

Diane, that's great news about J!  Hope your eye continues to improve.

Holly, Rust Creek is a movie on Netflix. It's about a young college student heading out on a job interview. She takes a wrong turn, ends up in the Kentucky woods and comes across two brothers who mean nothing but trouble. 

Sandra, I have also been missing Diana (San). Hope she checks in soon.

Theresa, did your friend decide to go with you on this long trip?

Trish, it's wonderful to see Molly back to her normal self again! 

Janet, you make me so glad I don't have a pool. I've been thinking about getting one of the portable hot tubs for my patio. Not sure how hard it would be to maintain.

Today it's movie day for me. I'm currently watching The Gift on Netflix. It's another good one!

Still have a lot of ear popping; lack of energy. Emily texted me yesterday & asked if I could hem two dresses for her. Sorry, but not this week. I hope her Mom helped her. 

Last edited by DownSouth (4/28/2024 10:37 am)

D e v o n n e

4/28/2024 1:02 pm  #7

Devonne- the hardest part of cleaning the hot tub is bending over it to clean it. Think big bathtub. I assume you would keep it full, that is not drain it so it involves chemicals and testing and adjusting. Not a hard job, but tedious and pool chemicals have doubled in price since Covid. One of the first things we did when we moved in here was have the hot tub removed. The maintenance of the pool after opening is my job.

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/28/2024 7:23 pm)

4/28/2024 2:38 pm  #8

We did church again on TV.  Maybe we'll make it in person one of these days.  Howard needs to feel better, first.  Without the steroid, his progress has slowed, but I do think he's feeling some better.  He has an aggravating football game on but I'm staying mum. Don't want to start something and I wasn't planning to watch anything until this evening.  

Diane, good new about J.  So glad to hear she's improving.  Hope your eye surgery and all you described goes well  and passes quickly.  You've surely had more than your share of all that.  But are still always patient and sweet about it.  

Speaking of  possible danger, brought to my mind about the thing that happened a few years ago right behind us at the house where we didn't know our neighbor until recently  when he came over for a nice chat.  We were told that an  acquaintance of his adult son who doesn't live with him, was drunk and his girlfriend kicked him out of her car along the highway, out front.  He made his way down our driveway, thru our backyard and broke a window in our neighbor's house to get in (the neighbor was away) and  "camped" there a few days.  The neighbor discovered him when he came home, called the police and I don't know what happened from there.  The highway and fear of things like that, spur us to always keep our doors locked, 99.99% of the time.    Once in a while, we go to bed and leave one unlocked and are aghast that we are so careless and stupid.  And occasionally we leave our garage door open and discover that in the morning when we get up, but the dead bolt has always been locked... so far...

Yes, the timing to replace the a/c is right.  We planned it that way, since we didn't need it all winter.  We've had freon added a few times but the last two times, it  leaked out.   The only other complication was one time it wouldn't run and Howard found a mouse that got caught in something  and was electrocuted.  One of the times I'm so glad I'm not a man!  

BJ, my condolences on the loss of your friend.   Hope Frank has some relief from his cough.  Men have very loud coughs.  Ask me.  Last night, I though Howard would never quit "barking".   I know he felt worse that I did about it.
As usual our trees are flopping around in the wind.  It's seldom still here and would be worse if not for the barrier of the woods on the west.  Takes me a long time to get ready, now, too.  Argh!

QB, as always, thanks for the tip.  I just gave my stove a thorough cleaning, too.  Could have used that tip!  
Enjoy your day of rest.  It's my day, too, and I'm glad I have l/o meat loaf for supper.  Since there's two of us, if I don't have enough of something, I give Howard the lion's share (since he's a Lyons  lol) and I eat something  else so I don't have to cook.  

Have a good evening...
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (4/28/2024 2:46 pm)

4/28/2024 7:20 pm  #9

DIANE that is such good  news from you, PLUS the eye surgery. Hoping that is also the best news possible. I am going to see the eye people this week if I can, I think I will need to get my eyes done (cataracts) sooner rather than later, its getting harder to drive at night, even in some sunlight during the day.

SANDRA good for you on the cleaning, you inspired me, my oven is cleaning itself now, I DID do the door and all the outside, the rest is "air the house out while the oven burns off the crud " it does smell. but I love it, leaves a fine white powder to just wipe out..
I also ordered more of my KOH products, they are cleaning products made here, the washing liquid is fabulous, it also doubles as a spot cleaner, the towels feel so soft after washing with it. I don't use softener. The dish liquid is the best I have ever tried, it cleans so easily, they also supply a foam dispenser (for the spot cleaning and dishes ) and a pump dispenser for the laundry. It's so easy to just spray a little on the frying pan, then brush over and rinse, no effort required, so easy on my hands and wrists. it cleans up the front of the oven and  the sinks beautifully too. 

I wish you all had it, makes life so easy AND fast to clean off things, AND no harsh chemicals. Totally safe for the environment.

INDY sometimes it's easier to stay quiet and just try to relax, hope H's cough clear soon, it's hard when they cough all night. I  know I can go to the spare room, and I often put on my headphones for my phone or iPad and watch something, OR he now puts on the headphones for the TV, which is really good, as I dislike sport commentators LOL 

HOLLY thanks for the info, I had no idea, W liked them as a band, I didn't care for them, we saw a band here a few years back, they did a show with all the hits, he loved it, I got tickets for him for a treat, I was glad when the show finished LOL

JANET you are gearing up, and ours are closing down, we don't close down the pools usually, all the council/public ones running through winter, and most people jus tontine to treat them all through as well, it's only form about now till Sept that they don't swim much. Although my sis's grands are in now, and will be in again by Sept 1st, you know the saying 'no sense, no feeling' LOL
Thanks for the chiro info, he did cover scoliosis, I have been against them, but I am willing to try if Dr feels it's a good idea. Physio only lasts as long as I keep getting the massages. I do the exercises, but it's the deep massage they do that gets the kinks out. 

DEVONNE I do hope you feel better, I understand, I had that so often till I got the ENT treatment and got it sorted, so now I know when its going to start and I start up again, the trick is to keep using the preventative - it's such an uncomfortable feeling. It took a full month of treating it to get rid of the whole lot in my sinuses. (((hugs))))

Nothing happening here, just housework, I took a break to order another ticket for the Military Tattoo, our friend Rita (recent widow) is coming as well, so I was able to secure another ticket right above our row, so either  I will or Julie will use it, then the 2 rows below that seat are the rest of our group. It was the best option, otherwise it would be sitting alone. 

I heard W just leave, he has a Dr appointment, I want him to ask about chiro for his back and hip he's also seeing the nurse for 'flu injection, I have my appointment on Wednesday. I have to have my Prolia injection so may as well get the 'flu one IF Dr wants it done now. He often asks me to wait a little as he feels it's really only good for 6 months and I'll need it if we are traveling. 
 Didn't get another booster for covid, I will do that maybe next month. Dr Leo will advise on timings.

Better get back to cleaning the bathrooms. I've had a long enough break LOL 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/28/2024 8:14 pm  #10

I just finished the new Lisa Gardner, called “Still see you everywhere” about the woman who takes on cold cases. So many twists! I give it 5 stars. 

Devonne, Heather has a portable hot tub from Walmart, I’ll ask her how much maintenance it is. Garrett loved it, he’d go from pool to hot tub. It holds a bunch of teens or a couple of adults. I never went in, because I know I’d have a hard time getting out of it. 

It was 80 here today! Upper 80’s for the next few days, yikes! I never used to have allergies, now I’m taking Claritin every day. 

Regarding my stocks, I only have the Royal C and the other cruise one, for fun. I don’t know enough about stocks to put any serious money into them, and I’m too lazy to learn. 

4/29/2024 9:17 am  #11

A LOVELY DAY TODAY HITTING THE HIGH 60S LATER.  I LOVE THE SUNSHINE EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT LIKE THE HEAT.  HAPPILY OUR A/C WILL BE PUT IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS.  I CAN'T WAIT.  I JUST SET IT ON A NUMBER AND KEEP IT THERE ALL SEASON.

GOT MY CALL FROM MY DR'S OFFICE.  ALL IS WELL WITH THE ULTRA SOUND.  ALL THE BASES ARE RUNNING WELL SO NO WORRIES FOR ME.  I LOVE THAT KIND OF NEWS.
GOT MY LAPS IN THIS MORNING.  ALSO FEELING BETTER TODAY SO HAVE A FEW THINGS ON MY SPRING-CLEANING LIST TODAY THAT WILL GET DONE.  I'M THINKING OF TRYING A RICE-A-RONI CHICKEN CASSEROLE I FOUND ON YOUTUBE.  I USUALLY HAVE A FEW BOXES OF RICE-A-RONI ON HAND FOR SIDE DISHES.  I LIKE THE FLAVORS.  MAYBE A CASSEROLE WOULD WORK WELL.  I'LL LET YOU KNOW.

TRISH.......I KNOW SELF-CLEANING OVENS ARE GREAT BUT MINE ISN'T ONE.  I KEEP AN OVEN LINER IN THE BOTTOM FOR SPILLS AND EASY CLEANUPS.  
YOUR CLEANERS SOUND LIKE WINNERS.  I LIKE THOSE THAT ARE GOOD FOR OUR ENVIRONMENT.....AND US AS WELL.
DON'T WORRY ABOUT CATARACT SURGERY.  ITS EASY AND PAINLESS AND TAKES HARDLY ANY TIME AT ALL.  YOU ARE AWAKE TRU THE WHOLE THING.  ITS THE HEALING THAT CAN GET TIRESOME WITH ALL THE EYE DROPS YOU NEED TO TAKE.  AND YOUR EYESIGHT IS AMAZINGLY PERFECT AFTERWARDS.

WELL LADIES, THINGS TO ACCOMPLISH FOR MY DAY.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS FOR ALL, QB S

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/29/2024 9:59 am  #12

Good Morning, I'm feeling pretty lazy this morning, so won't have much to say!  My cleaning lady is coming today, so nice!!  I really like her and it is so nice she keeps the house clean.  That's a real blessing!!

It is raining outside this morning off and on.  The grass is really green which is nice.  Tracy worked outside this weekend and got some weeds out of the flower beds.  That is really nice, they look much better.  It actually looks like the sun is try to shine, that will be really nice.

Well, I don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

4/29/2024 10:44 am  #13

Good afternoon.

Holly, did you hear that song recently?  The protest/shootings happened on May 4th and it is still a big deal around here with ceremonies at Kent.  Often some of the survivors come and give a talk.  I actually attended Kent State 3 years after that.  It was an awful incident.  My mother in law worked at a local hospital and she said some of the protestors came in and broke into the medicine and stole it.  (Now all drugs are locked up but not then) Those protestors did a lot more than shout on campus; they burned buildings.  And most of them were not Kent State students. But it still was an awful thing.

Devonne I was going to ask about Rust Creek too, but now I know that is not the kind of movie I like.  Those make me too anxious.  I am a big baby.

Holly,   I like Lisa Gardner's book so I will look for this one.  I just read Teacher by Freida McFadden.  It got lots of great reviews but I thought it was just ok.

Sunny and 82 today so I am on the way outside.

4/29/2024 11:13 am  #14

Photos of Molly, while recuperating. I'm going to finish grooming her after lunch. I did part of it yesterday. I have backyard pictures to post later. 

Last edited by DownSouth (4/29/2024 11:22 am)

D e v o n n e

4/29/2024 2:07 pm  #15

yikes, it’s 89 out! 

Cheryl, I don’t listen to regular radio, we have Sirius in the car, and Amazon music in the house. CSN&Y is one of my favorite groups, so I have them on a lot. And I remember Kent State, tho not in the detail that you do. 

4/29/2024 3:39 pm  #16

I remember the Kent State protest. I had only been married a few years.

All the azaleas blooming is over for now. They should bloom 1 or 2 more times.  The single peony is blooming and the 3 hydrangeas I have look healthy. My 3 hybrid tea roses are pitiful looking, but I was so surprised to see so many other roses yesterday.

This is the one that changes from pink to coral. It was really small when I got it at Home Depot. It's not a knockout rose bush.

My 3 pitiful looking hybrid tea rose bushes. They will be replaced soon.

I'm trying to decide what I want to plant this year and need to do it soon to get the soil and plants. Still feeling under par, so it's hard to think about gardening right now. My head is all clogged up. Greg has the same crud.

Last edited by DownSouth (4/29/2024 4:09 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/29/2024 3:59 pm  #17

Sorry to be MIA.  It's super busy here with lots of kids at the ballpark.  We won't discuss the sorry state of my team.  No idea how to fix a terrible start, but lots of people asking questions.  I've also worked super hard in my garden and on the neighborhood esplanade and pool flower beds.  

I'm meeting my former co-teacher on Thursday for lunch.  The baby quilt is ready, and I made a "Love Hug" for the 2-year-old son.  

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

4/29/2024 4:04 pm  #18

Cheryl, that’s what happens with protests. The protesters are doing their thing, and looters show up and ruin everything and the protesters get tainted. Ralph and I have had many heated discussions about looters (criminals) vs. protesters.

Devonne, the flowers are beautiful!

Carol, I didn’t realize baseball season had even started! I’m such a sports fan- not. 

4/30/2024 8:44 am  #19

As with Kent State, BLM, etc the “college” protestors are made up primarily of outside agitators, professional paid/subsidized agitators.  Think people like Soros. And in addition in this case Hezbolla, Hamas, Iran.    I know you all don’t want to hear any of this and I will probably have to delete this. 
  I assume Ralph thinks they are criminal, looters, America haters, as I do.  They are trespassing, endangering the safety and welfare of other students, prohibiting learning.  They hate America and guess what …we are paying for their education..,students loans which they don’t have to pay back (guess who’s footing that bill, all,of us) and the grants.  They should have their student visas revoked and kick me out of the country.
We can only assume that the far left liberal, Marxist, etc professors and colleges are to blame for a lot of this. 
   I guess I’m done….

4/30/2024 8:45 am  #20

On a lighter note, the pool is uncovered…no injuries, no fighting or cussing, and no one fell in.  And the water is in great shape.  Today we get the filter running and Thursday we have water trucked in…about 2500 gallons. 💦

Board footera