OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/27/2024 1:27 pm  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY APRIL 21 ~ SAT APRIL 27

I DISCOVERED AN EASY WAY TO CLEAN OFF GREASE SPOTS FROM APPLIANCES AND WALLS.......THE OLD PLASTIC BREAD TAG.

I TRIED A GRITTY SPONGE AND A PLASTIC ONE AND MR CLEAN BUT FOR AN OLD LADY WHO'S ENERGY ISN'T AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE, I COULD NOT REMOVE THESE LITTLE DEVILS TILL THE BREAD TAG I USED AS A SCRAPER.

THIS IS THE AFTER PICTURE.
WITH A BIT OF EASY SCRAPING, THE GREASE WAS GONE.  SOOOOO EASY.  I JUST HAD TO SHARE SINCE MANY OF US DO NOT HAVE SCRUBBING POWER WE ONCE ENJOYED.

QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/27/2024 6:20 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/27/2024 6:52 pm  #42

SANDRA that is a great idea, hang onto the plastic one, they have cut out the use here, ours are now cardboard! I am so glad it went well with the Drs, you are doing well. I was so good of you - as you usually do - to help out your DD, I know they are not doing as well as your DS, so it's wonderful of you to help out. You are so right, about being careful, years ago I saw a young man wandering up the street, a nieighbour across the road rang me, told me if he knocks don't answer  he'd come to her door asking for a name she didin't know, luckily she had her security door locked.  THEN we find out he's an escaped prisoner, mass murderer,  poice helicopter overhead started circling warning people to lock doors and stay inside, found out later he had broken into a house next door to friends, and stayed there hiding out all day, till they came home and called police to notify of a break-in. Scary stuff. he was creepy!! Another friend had alwas advised us all to slip our seatbelt through the handles of purses, if someone tried to grab the bag when you were stoppped (at traffic lights etc ) they couldn't, these days the cars automatically lock when you start driving, so that doesn't happen now.

DEVONNE is Molly still doing OK, they recover quickly often, sometimes takes a while, poor little girl ((((hugs)))) Hope you are feelijng better and don't need another Drs trip!

Coming back after this to add, if I go to the previous page the post goes !!

INDY that was good inning from your A/C, ours needs the vents replaced, and the pipes. Gary was going ot do it - hope he remembers. Might try to find a way to jog his memory. Sad about the awful hapenings -- no one is safe nowadays! here we have had so many violent deaths of women, by their ex-partners, what is the world coming to, why do these guys do this, just horriffic, it's been 24 (including the 5 killed by the knife attack at the shopping centre) in this country so far this year.  Just too many, people are wanting action, the latest was given bail with instruction NOT to go near her. Now some are saying even with bail they should have ankle braclets to monitor, maybe that could help.

CHERYL ouch on the root canal, I hate the dentist, I am a huge coward, and I know I will need to get cleaining done again soon, I have injections, my teeth are so sensitive celaning them is incredibly painful. 

BJ so sorry to hear about your friend, sincere sympathy to you all. I hope you feel better, is Frank doing OK, I think he had a cold or cough??

THERESA is there any sign of improvement for your mum, maybe keep a record, so you can let them know all that WASN'T done for her. Sometimes they sell these places on the lack of staff needed, where in reality they need twice more staff. 

We have had a busy few day, and more food out today.
WE had dinner on Friday (and my sewing also ) then training for me, and a chiropractor workshop then dinner for our Gary's birthday on Saturday. Today is our neighbour Joe surprise 80th, so we will be rolling around after today. too mush eating out. 

The chiro was so interestng, our coach filmed it all, so I am on camera a bit, lucky it's only for training members. I am going to give it a try, he was so good , gave me a few excercises for my shoulder. Showed us around us treatment rooms, I was NOT in favour of chiro, but I'll talk to Dr and find out what he thinks, he is good with his advice to me, I have osteoporosis, and I want his input.
Dinner last night was for Gary's B/day, we had it at a local pub, the food was really good, they had a few friends there as well, usually it's Scott, Cathy and family, this time it was their Irish freinds we hadn't meet before, they were so lovely, and wanted to know all about out trip to Ireland, gave up some really great tips for travel there as well. It was an early night, glad of that as I was tired.

I left my Pfaff at the shop after class on Friday, I could have taken it to his house, he lives locally, but it's easy enough to leave it at the shop then pick it up next class, although it should be ready before that. I have been doing without the light above the  needle for months, tried to find a way to get into the machine, but couldn't. I could change it myself. It does have another light above the bed of the machine, but it doesn't shed much light over the needle. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/27/2024 7:27 pm)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/27/2024 6:56 pm  #43

All Ihear in my head is:
Tin soldiers and Nixon coming…4 dead in Ohio.

4/27/2024 7:23 pm  #44

HOLLY what does that mean?? Is it a song??

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/27/2024 8:01 pm  #45

Trish- I go to  the Chiro every 3 weeks.   I’ve been going to him for a bit more than 5 years.  It’s been very helpful. I have BBD, osteopenia, mild scoliosis…and no issues with going to him.  I first went for sciatica. 
    We came home a day early from our 3 day planned trip to the National Drag racing in NC.  This was for DH and after the first day he said he’d had enough.  Good thing it was less than 3 hours away.  We  checked out a day early, no refund of course, and had tickets ($100) for today which we didn’t use. So a waste of money. 🙁

4/27/2024 9:02 pm  #46

Trish, yes. It’s by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and titled Ohio. It was after protesters were shot and killed by the National Guard at Kent State University in Ohio. If you google it, you can probably hear the song. I think the students were protesting the war in Vietnam.

Board footera