OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/24/2024 9:57 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY APRIL 21 ~ SAT APRIL 27

MY DAILY PLANS ARE EASY.  JUST A BIT OF COOKING LIKE MAKING MY BURRITO MIX.  I HAVE CHICKEN AND FRIES LEFTOVER FROM LAST NITE BUT WILL MAKE A SALAD FOR MY LUNCH.  SINCE I GO TO THE DR APPT TOMORROW I WANT TO HAVE LOST A COUPLE OF POUNDS IF I CAN.  I AM STILL CLEARING OUT A BIT AT A TIME.  MY DAU. WILL BE TAKING A LOT OF STUFF OFF MY HANDS TOMORROW.

ITS A NICE DAY THOUGH THE SKY SEEMS TO BE GETTING A BIT GRAY.  STRANGE SINCE WE EXPECTED SUNNY DAYS FOR THE NEXT FEW.

THERESA......SORRY TO HEAR OF THE LACK OF HELP WHERE YOUR MOM IS CONCERNED.  ITS LUCKY YOU LIVE SO CLOSE SO YOU CAN CHECK ON HER DAILY.  IT MAY BE A WHILE BEFORE NEW HELP IS HIRED. 

THAT'S MY REPORT FOR THE DAY.  STAY SAFE.  HUGS, QB S  

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/24/2024 10:48 am  #22

Holly- thanks.  Passover began at sundown Monday and goes for 7 days.  Happy would be the appropriate word, since Passover commemorates the freeing of Jews from Egypt. Unleavened bread (matzoh) is eaten.

4/24/2024 11:28 am  #23

Good Noon. I looked up and the clock says 12, straight up.  Cloudy and chilly here, today.  Furnace is running. 

Hole is dug, flag pole is encased in concrete, flag is flying.  He went back out the same day he mowed and did all that, except the flag.  It's huge.  Was given to him by US Steel when he retired almost 12 years ago.  (Unbelievable it's that long!)   Life moves on.  ML told me  it wasn't the worst thing he could have done.  So...

Speaking of funerals, I've been to three since the end of Feb.  And, Monday night, the son of my 2nd cousin in Illinois called to say his mother had died on April 12.  And his dad that very morning--10  days apart.  So, this morning, I called my other 2nd cousin in Michigan to tell her.  Both, 1st cousins were named Evelyn following the Dutch custom of naming girls after their grandmothers.  Ours (my "great") was named Effie, the Americanized version of her Dutch name, Aafke.  I'm sure these cousins were glad that Effie was further Americanized to Evelyn for them!    There is no funeral at this time...later in the summer a memorial/life celebration.  

Happy Passover, Janet.  I knew what the occasion was , but also wouldn't have known the proper greeting.  Do you and Jerry have the Seder meal?  I ate it once at my friend, Bobbie's church.  

Devonne, hope you're feeling better.  Do you think it's allergies?  Howard got another med yesterday.  He seems to feel better and isn't coughing as much.  He just started the new one this morning so it hasn't had time to work, yet.  

BJ, "congrats" on finding your new shoes.  Fun when that happens, occasionally.   I'm always amazed at the stillness you mention.  Something is always waving here due to wind.  Don't think I can blame that on Lake Michigan, though, but maybe?   

QB, enjoy your time with your daughter even if it does include a doctor visit.  Nice to know she can use your extras.  Although we watch too much TV, I'm thankful for the variety of choices there are and the armchair travel.  I begged for a TV for so long when I was a kid and "everyone else has one" and  I've always liked it a bit too much.  

Need to go.  Need to figure out supper.  Leftovers are done with.  Have a good afternoon. 
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (4/24/2024 11:33 am)

4/24/2024 12:03 pm  #24

We just got home from lunch with the teachers, always a nice visit. No plans for the rest of the day, we brought home enough food for dinner, so I can work on the xs with the tv on. I put a new pic up on the bog.

Gas jumped about 20 cents a gallon, one article said sunspots can affect the price? I always figure it’s the price gouging oil companies. 

4/24/2024 1:55 pm  #25

Janet, oil companies are reporting record profits. Price gouging, pure and simple.

4/24/2024 6:18 pm  #26

Still under the weather, but I took a long bath today and met Gary at BK after he picked up the kids from school. I personally like to give Sadie Grace what I got her because at the party she doesn't know who gave her what. Today is her actual birthday too! 

Judy, every time I get this, it normally turns into a sinus infection, which requires a doctor visit & amoxicillin. I've been faithfully gargling warm salt water & hope it helps. My biggest complaint is my ears popping. I've been sleeping a lot and watching a lot of tv.

My appt. is Friday with the neurologist about my back. If I still feel bad tomorrow, I'll reschedule it. 

D e v o n n e

4/25/2024 1:08 am  #27

DEVONNE I am glad you are looking after yourself, hope you feel better soon ((((hugs)))) Try using a nasal wash, I use Nasonex too, it's a spray that helps dry up the nose, otherwise I get infections too  I understand about the brothers, it's the same really for HIM  and his brother, they speak, but are not friends anymore. It's just how it is.

JANET Happy Passover, I hope you have an enjoyable celebration, I love Matzoh balls YUM!!!  with chicken soup!

HOLLY I'd never heard of sunspots affecting the price, here it is the weekend, and school holidays that affect prices. They want to sell the most when they can ( for the highest price LOL ) as a shareholder I'm happy, as a consumer not so much LOL 

SANDRA Eating some salad is good!! I try to have some salads ready to go every day. And we also have lots of veg, I guess we like our veg!! Tonight is NOT  veg meal though, I have brisket in BBQ sauce and some potato buns  and coleslaw, I just  made the coleslaw, I like it after it's had dressing on a few hours, seems to soak through better. 

INDY my gosh that is a lot of funerals, we have had a few lately too, and often the old rule of 'comes in 3's' applies. So glad he got the hole dug and the flag up, I love the fact that so many homes there fly the flag, it doesn't happen here.

CHERYL that is so sad, two of them and so young!! Makes you grateful for every day that we have that is pretty good!

Today is Anzac day. I made Anzac biscuits, and we'll have some with a cuppa soon, remembering my mum, dad and uncles today, they all served, but only the men went overseas.
My youngest uncle lied about his age, he was only 16 when he went away, he became an alcoholic, his father was too, but I often wondered if doing what he did so young added to his problem, he was a favourite of mine when I was little, I hated that he became a drunk. He never married, and was often with us when I was growing up. Mum even took him in to try to help him, but of course he repaid by taking things  from our house to buy drink. She tried so hard to help him, he just couldn't be helped, he was her youngest brother. 

I have sewing tomorrow, so I will have fun with the girls, Julie has finished my Jane Austen quilt, I have the binding made, but I want to hand sew it down at quilt camp. I might sew it on tomorrow, easier to do it when we have lots of room to spread out.
I would like to take my big Pfaff to be serviced, so I might take that tomorrow and leave it there. Decisions, decisions LOL 

See you later.

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/25/2024 1:10 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/25/2024 8:26 am  #28

ITS A LOVELY DAY TO GET TO MY APPTS TODAY.  FIRST TESTING AT THE HOSPITAL IN RADIOLOGY AND THEN RIGHT AFTER MY DR APPT IN THE NEXT BUILDING.  I CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT ALL DONE.
FEELING PRETTY GOOD SO LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING MY DAU AND GIVING HER MY CLEARINGS.  SHE CAN KEEP OR TOSS TO HER LIKING.  THE PET SHELTER WILL BE GAINING BEDDING, THAT'S FOR SURE.

NOTHING ELSE TO SAY REALLY.  I MADE UP SOME BURRITO MIX LAST NITE FOR SUPPER LATER. 
I DIDN'T COOK MY USUAL BUNDIES FOR MY DAU. BUT WILL GET SOME TAKEOUT AFTER THE APPTS FOR MY DAU TO TAKE HOME TO FAMILY.  I ALWAYS MAKE IT WORTH HER WHILE.

STAY SAFE MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S

Last edited by quiltbea (4/25/2024 8:28 am)

4/25/2024 9:23 am  #29

Good Morning, it is a rainy day here, just pouring down!!  My garbage man is due this morning, but not yet.  I have no plans for the day, just laying around.  Frank is staying in bed for awhile, he has a Dr. appt. later, so will just be lazy until it's time to go.

The rhododendrons are so beautiful, bright pink!  Just love them.  Also have some daffodils blooming, they're pretty beautiful, too.    The tree right outside my window is pretty nice, too.  It is burgundy and full of leaves, quite nice.

Well, I don't  have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

4/25/2024 9:51 am  #30

I just watched Rust Creek on Netflix. It was pretty good...worth watching, filmed in Kentucky.

Trish, I take an Allegra every day and use Flonase. They didn't help much this time around.

I have a Walmart delivery coming at 1:00. This is one week I really appreciate delivery service. I looked at the Publix ad and a lot of the items in my Walmart cart are BYGO, so I'll be headed to Publix to get those items after my Walmart delivery. There are two Publix stores really close to me. One will be a new one in a new shopping center, not yet open. I hope their old store will be an Aldi store. No one knows yet what it will be. We're also getting a Wendys, a Smoothie King and some type of sandwich/deli shop. The rumors are it will be a Jersey Mikes. Everyone here was so disappointed it isn't going to be a Kroger store.

Gas always goes up when Spring break starts and warm weather returns. Then there's the "special blend" the refineries do for summer, gasoline taxes (government taxes), cruel oil and distribution costs. It's still $3.25 near me, but I expect it to go up any day.

There was a full moon last night and it was so beautiful shining through the trees. I wish I could have gotten a picture, as it was one of the prettiest moons I've ever seen.

Hope you get a good report today, Sandra. Enjoy the time with your daughter.

Does anyone remember when bread was $.25 a loaf? If it was going out of date, you could get it for $.10 to $.15 a loaf. Ah, the good ole days!

Last edited by DownSouth (4/25/2024 10:10 am)

D e v o n n e

4/25/2024 3:24 pm  #31

Devonne, you have to pair the old days prices with the old days pay. When bread was a quarter, my pay was 75$ a week gross. 

My DVR was acting up, so we took it to Comcast and got it replaced. 

Dinner was leftovers. Sandra, I hope all went well with your doc appt. 

Tomorrow the HVAC people come for the yearly checkup of our AC. Typically jersey gets a few spring days, then jumps right into heat and humidity. The pollen is starting, my car’s back window had some on it. 

When the stock market crashed under the previous prez, I bought 101 shares of Royal Caribbean for $22 a share. Yesterday, it’s up to $137! My Carnival is stagnant, I paid maybe $12, it’s about 16 now. 

4/25/2024 4:22 pm  #32

Devonne, my son and Amelia both have the cruds like you.  Aaron's usually turns into upper respiratory infection so I hope this time it does not.  A side effect of his psoriasis medication is upper resp. infections and he gets them often.  I hope you feel better soon.

Sandra, I hope you medical tests all turn out fine.

Holly, good deal on that Royal Caribbean stock!  Most of our stocks are not doing well unfortunately.  Today was a tanked stock day for sure.

I went for my 6 month dental cleaning today.  I did have a tooth that was bleeding when I brushed and he took a look at it.  Took a panoramic xray.  Now he says I have a pocket of infection at the root and need a root canal.  I have amoxicillin and have to call a different dentist to get the root canal since they no longer do them in this office.  I swear, if it is not one thing, it is another.

My azalea bushes are out in full bloom and they are lovely.  With that, I will end on a positive note.   

4/26/2024 8:47 am  #33

I have a neurologist appt. today. I was going to reschedule it, but decided to go, since I don't feel that bad.

Holly, that is so true. Our apartment rent when we moved to Atlanta in 1968 was $67 a month. Our first house, a total brick ranch, was $119 a month. We paid $19,500 for it. The value for that house now is $304,000. 

Cheryl, hope Aaron and Amelia start feeling better. I'm trying to get over this without going to the doctor. 

I'm washing all my bed sheets, mattress topper this morning. I want to hang the topper over my leather sofa before I head to the doctor. I try to air dry it before putting it in the dryer to finish it. Molly took advantage of the cuddly covers...she is so darn cute!

D e v o n n e

4/26/2024 9:13 am  #34

Good Morning, I'm not feeling great this morning, lazy as always!!  It is raining again, very still outside and the sky is very gray!!   I think it's time to take Frank his coffee, not sure.  He was awake awhile ago, but when I check a few minutes ago, he seemed half asleep.   It is 53* outside.

I'm going to sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

4/26/2024 9:27 am  #35

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY HERE SO NOT COMPLAINING.  ALL WENT WELL WITH HEART DR YESTERDAY. EKG WAS FINE.  HE WILL STUDY MY ULTRASOUND TODAY AND PHONE ME.  I HOPE ALL IS WELL.
GOT RID OF LOTS OF STUFF YESTERDAY TO DAU.  THEN A FEW THINGS HERE ON THE FREE TABLE, SHIRTS STILL IN PACKAGING SINCE MY DAUGHTER IS SKINNY AND DOES NOT NEED MY OLD STUFF. THEY SHOULD DISAPPEAR IN A HURRY.
TODAY I PLAN TO DO LAUNDRY.  I ALSO PLAN ON CLEANING MY KITCHEN COUNTERS AND FRIDGE.  I AM DOING MY SPRING CLEANING RIGHT ON TIME.  WE HAVE AN APT INSPECTION ON MAY 2ND.  IT SHOULD BE ALL SHINY CLEAN BY THEN AND EVEN WEEDED OUT SOME.
FOR COOKING I WAS GOING TO MAKE MEATBALLS BUT SINCE I HAVE SO MUCH ELSE TO DO, MAYBE I WILL MAKE SOME MEAT SAUCE TO HAVE WITH SHELL MACARONI.  EASIER AND LOTS OF LEFTOVERS FOR THE NEXT FEW BUSY DAYS.

DEVONNE.......YES I MISS BREAD AT 25 CENTS A LOAF.  IN FACT, IN THE LATE 40S, WE HAD A WONDER BREAD BAKERY ON OUR STREET A FEW BLOCKS AWAY AND COULD GET DAY-OLD BREAD FOR A DIME.  AND HOSTESS CUPCAKES FOR 5 CENTS A PACKAGE OF 2.  
BUT EVERYTHING GOES UP WITH TIME.  COMPARE HOUSING PRICES AND ITS OUT OF THIS WORLD THESE DAYS.

CHERYL.....SORRY FOR THE NEWS YOU NEED A ROOT CANAL.  THAT'S NOT SOMETHING MOST FOLKS LIKE TO ENDURE HAPPILY.  GOOD LUCK.

LINDA......GOOD LUCK WITH DH'S DR APPT TODAY.  I KNOW HE'S BEEN HAVING ISSUES.  I HOPE YOUR HEAD IS CLEARER TODAY.

I SEE THE SUNDANCE CHANNEL IS SHOWING AN AGATHA RAISIN MOVIE.  I LOVE THAT SERIES WRITTEN BY M. C. BEATON.  I HOPE THAT MEANS THEY WILL BE SHOWING ALL OF THEM.  THERE WERE SEVERAL MOVIES MADE FROM THAT SERIES.

WELL, I NEED TO GET MYSELF MOVING.  HAD MY YOGURT FOR THIS MORNING.  I AM OK TIL LUNCHTIME.
HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/26/2024 9:33 am)

4/26/2024 11:28 am  #36

Good news, QB.  Hope your last test brings the same good results.  Of course you make it worthwhile for your DD.  What else from our generous Sandra!    Hope all is well with her family, too.  They sometimes are struggling a bit.  Like my son and his family.  ML calls him Bad Luck Schlepp Rock.  Don't know where that comes from.  Never heard it before...

We had our big outing to the grocery store, yesterday.  First, got some Arby's sandwiches for a late lunch.  Good to be stocked up again...with the snacks we like.  Real food, too, of course.   I even splurged and bought a Hershey bar.     Couldn't bring myself to buy a whole bag of candy at the price.  Will hold off on that til our next trip to W-M.  

Cheryl, sorry about the bad news of the root canal.   Have had several.  No advice.  They're are just something to get through.  Before, I always had to ask for the "la la" med, but the last two, I toughed it out and they weren't that bad.  If you're really fearful, my suggestion is to have Dean take you and drive you home.  So sorry to hear about your niece and now your nephew.  

There was some kind of situation  at the fairgrounds in our closest town last night that resulted in the death of the gunman by the police.  Heard it briefly on the Chicago news but not many details  Maybe it'll be in the paper, today...  So chilling. I've felt safe in our two towns but mayhem can occur anywhere.  It's all such a travesty.  

Had to wash our bedspread  and her bedding (on top of it)  yesterday, since Fancy had an accident.  Our fault.  We delayed taking her out soon enough and know better.  So, since I was awake at 4 am, today, and heard her scuffling around, took her to her pad.  I don't want to start a new routine, but washing  a king-size spread, actually drying it, is a pain. Thankfully, I caught it right away and it didn't go through to the blankets underneath. 

Our 28 1/2   yr. old a/c finished it's life last fall and we need to replace it.  Jeff, who  Howard worked  with at the steel mill, also retired now, will do it.  HVAC has been his side business for years.  H. called him yesterday and he stopped by this morning.  Next week, maybe.  We've been threatened with 80s coming, so I'm glad this is in the works.  His wife Mary's "ministry" is meals to those in need.  When I had my stroke in 2015,  they brought us 3 full meals 3 days in a row.  They were all delicious.  If not a meal, Mary makes a delicious almond coffee cake and Jeff''s delivered several of those, warm from the oven, when we've been under the weather.  We are truly blessed.  Too bad we don't always act like it...

So with that, I'll close and say, have a good afternoon.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (4/26/2024 11:33 am)

4/26/2024 3:07 pm  #37

I made it to my appt. 15 minutes early in Douglasville and the sign on the door said "this office has permanently closed." They moved to Hiram, where I go to shop. When I called the number, she apologized and made me an appt. for May 1st. I'm not sure I want to go to Hiram for this appt. I may try to find a neurologist in Carrollton...less congested area.

Cheryl, my azaleas are blooming too. They didn't bloom at all this time last year, only in the Fall. They're the kind that bloom 2 or 3 times a year.

The root canals aren't nearly as bad as they used to be. I had 3 done in one day and drove myself home. I'm not a brave person either, lol.

Last edited by DownSouth (4/26/2024 3:08 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/26/2024 6:47 pm  #38

Devonne, what is Rust Creek? 
We just watched Julianna’s dance show, the school broadcasts it on you tube. Those kids are so talented! Their school district has a strong arts program, which is wonderful.

SIL Ben’s parents live in Nebraska, and a tornado just went thru their subdivision! Several houses were destroyed, but thankfully theirs is fine and they are fine. But too scary.

I just started Lisa Gardner’s new one, about the woman who looks for missing people. 

4/27/2024 8:18 am  #39

Good Morning, it is 7:15 and the girls just left for a yard sale.  Not sure where it is, but they'll be back around 10 to pick us up, for that and for a funeral.  Our dear friend, Selby, died this week, so sad.

It is very windy this morning and 50*.  Not sure what the rest of the day will bring, but we'll survive it, somehow.  Frank has a terrible cough, not sure what's causing it, but it sure is loud.  Well, we've got 3 hours to get ourselves ready for the funeral, so I'd better get moving, I'm so slow these days that it takes me forever to get ready to go anyplace.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, sending love and best wishes, BJ.

4/27/2024 9:21 am  #40

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY IN THE LOW 60S.  I AM IN SHORTS AND LOVING IT.
NO PHONE CALL FROM MY DR ON THE ULTRASOUND SO I GUESS THAT'S GOOD NEWS.  BUT I WILL PHONE HIM ON MONDAY TO BE SURE.
I MADE SHELLS IN MEAT SAUCE LAST NITE SINCE I WAS TAKING THE EASY ROUTE.  CLEANING MY KITCHEN REALLY GOOD WAS TIRING AND ITS ONLY HALF DONE.  I DID NOT WANT TO BOTHER WITH MAKING MEATBALLS.  AND I STILL HAVE LEFTOVERS SO THAT'S A GOOD THING.

BJ......SLOW THESE DAYS?  THAT'S FINE WITH ME.  AND I ADMIT TO BE MIGHTY SLOW DOING THINGS EVERY DAY.  SOMETIMES I DO NOTHING BUT READ, WATCH TV, DO CROSSWORDS OR PLAY SOLITAIRE.  THE EASY THINGS TO DO ON MY WATCH.  

DEVONNE.......MY PC, OR IS IT PA, IS LEAVING THE STATE SO NEEDED TO GET A NEW APPT WITH SOMEONE ELSE AT MY FAMILY DOCTOR'S OFFICE.  LUCKY ME I GOT AN APPT FOR THE SAME DAY AT THE SAME TIME WITH A GAL NAMED NOEL.  SOUNDS LIKE A HAPPY NAME.
SORRY YOU HAVE TO GO ELSEWHERE FOR A NEW DR.  ALWAYS A PAIN.
LUCKY YOU THE AZALEAS TOOK.  I THINK THEY ARE SO DARN PRETTY.

HOLLY.....WOW, A CLOSE CALL FOR BEN'S PARENTS WITH THAT TORNADO.  I'M GLAD THEY ARE OK.

JUDY.......THESE DAYS ITS NOT SAFE ANYWHERE.  THINGS HAPPEN EVEN IN SMALL TOWNS LIKE MINE WITH NUTS AROUND.  SOME YEARS BACK THERE WAS A DOOR-TO-DOOR SALESMAN SELLING MAGAZINES TO HELP HIM THRU SCHOOL, HE SAID.  HE KNOCKED AT A NEIGHBOR'S DOOR, ABOUT A HALF MILE AWAY, BUT SHE DID NOT LET HIM SPEAKING TO HIM ONLY THRU THE SCREEN DOOR.  SHE BECAME A WITNESS LATER.  CLEANCUT KID BOUT 20.  HE WENT ELSEWHERE AND MURDERED THE LADY WHO LET HIM IN HER HOUSE.  SHE WAS NOT PERSONALLY KNOWN TO US BUT SUCH A SAD THING AND EVERYONE WAS STUNNED.
AND THE YOUNG COUPLE ON MOTHER'S DAY WHO ASKED A LADY IN THE PARKING LOT OF OUR GROCERY STORE FOR A RIDE SINCE THEIR CAR HAD BROKEN DOWN.  SHE HAD GONE INTO OUR LOCAL MARKET TO PICK UP SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR DINNER THAT DAY.  THEY FOUND HER MURDERED IN A DITCH SOME MILES AWAY AFTER THE COUPLE STOLE HER CAR.  FOUND THE COUPLE.  YOUNG AND CUTE AND SO INNOCENT LOOKING.
NO, YOU CAN'T TRUST ANYONE.  DON'T LET ANYONE INTO YOUR HOUSE OR IN YOUR CAR LADIES.  NEVER, NEVER.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  I DID MY LAPS AND SORTED MY PILLS FOR THE WEEK.  WILL HAVE SOME LUNCH AND GET BUSY WITH CLEANING AGAIN THIS AFTERNOON.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/27/2024 9:42 am)

Board footera