OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/20/2024 9:33 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY APRIL 14 ~ SAT APRIL 20

DEVONNE......IT SOUNDS LIKE CALEB IS DOING WELL WITH HIS SPORTS.  GOOD FOR HIM.  IT SURE MAKES A GRANDMOM PROUD, DOESN'T IT.

CAROL........SUCH LOVELY QUILTS.  YOU DO GREAT WORK.  I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE BEAR IN THE MIDDLE.  ADORABLE.  I KNOW THOSE QUILTS WILL BE LOVED.
AS FOR YOUR SUPERVISOR, MAYBE HE'LL FINALLY GET THE RIGHT IDEAS.  SOME FOLKS TAKE LONGER THAN OTHERS.

JANET......SORRY FOR THE DISAPPOINTMENT.  HOPE THIS DAY GOES BETTER.

IS A WET DAY AGAIN HERE WITH RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON EXPECTED AGAIN. THE DAY IS MIGHTY GRAY.
MY SON SHOPS FOR ME TODAY.  I MADE THE VEGGIE BEEF SOUP LAST NITE AND HE CAN TAKE HOME PLENTY.  I WILL MAKE THE TATER TOT CASSEREROLE BEFORE HE BRINGS MY GROCERIES.  LUCKILY I HAVE JUST ENOUGH EGGS SO I DON'T HAVE TO BORROW FROM A NEIGHBOR.
NOTHING ELSE PLANNED.  I WILL BE BUSY NEXT WEEK WITH THE WEEDING OUT OF STUFF BUT FOR THIS WEEKEND, ITS BEING MOSTLY LAZY EXCEPT FOR DOING WHAT REALLY NEEDS DOING.

HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/20/2024 9:56 am  #42

Gorgeous quilts! 
I have a pic on my blog of my xs at. 50%. I also put up pix of the cute tool boxes that are all over Facebook, but not available everywhere. Mine just came from Sam’s Club online, and I like them better. They have a top handle, and come with a little tool set, and are the same price, $19.99. 

I never used to have seasonal allergies, but something is really bothering my eyes. I’m taking Claritin and using drops every day! 

Janet, I’d hate that too. You didn’t pay to hear her autobiography, you paid to learn a skill. I hope the next workshop is better. 

4/20/2024 4:57 pm  #43

Greg, Carter and I went on a picnic today. First picnic I've been on since Greg was in his mid 20's. We then went to a strawberry farm. First time I've picked fresh strawberries since I was a little girl. This farm was in Rome, GA and there's 8 acres of strawberries.

Carol, those quilts are gorgeous! I especially love the baby quilt. You are one busy lady. You sure you're retired, lol? 

I missed Caleb's ballgame today. They won the first game, but lost the 2nd game by one run. I didn't realize this was a tournament, lol! They came in 2nd place.

Last edited by DownSouth (4/20/2024 5:03 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/20/2024 5:49 pm  #44

Me, Janet. I mentioned ants...so did Cheryl.  When it's  cloudy, rainy or chilly as it is today, they stay wherever they live.  Only show up on sunny, warm days.  Thanks for the tip.  One summer I had them all season.  Now, Howard sprays all around the foundation and that takes care of them, or has.  Sorry you were disappointed at the retreat. 

No, Carol, the flagpole is at a standstill.  He's not feeling good--trying to get the right combination of meds for the COPD.  The doctor has added a round of Prednisone, Singular and when W-M gets it, a pill that starts with "T" (usually for asthma).   If he doesn't improve, doctor's going to send him to a pulmonologist.  We were on tap for having our small group next Friday, but with badly needing to mow and all the other chores that have been put off, and the pressure one gives into when company is coming, I postponed it for a week and if he's still not good enough, someone else said she'd have it. 

I'd be ticked too.  To  drive all the way to the Ball Park for nothing.  Even if it's fairly  close, your time is valuable.  Plus getting ready and all that.  You need to box your supervisor's ears!   Beautiful quilts.  How sweet of you.  

Cheryl, I loved your ice cream quilt, too.  So pretty and bright.  Nice of you to care about the stray dog.  Hope you can find it's owner or get some help in caring for it.  I would worry about possible pups, too.  

I made English muffin pizzas  for supper.  They were pretty good.  I used Aunt Millie's muffins which I don't care for much for breakfast but they worked well for these.  Still not pizzaria quality but didn't cost as much, either! 

Yes, QB, that is the main problem...finding a home for things, still good, that you can no longer use or want.
I also have many wall hangings that I don't put up anymore as I have my favorites and don't change them that often.  Who would ever want them, I wonder?  Maybe your fellow residents would take them if you could display them somewhere.  I know I've bought other people's work even though I make my own.  Not much, but once in a while.  

Going to get ready to watch the Hallmark movie.  It's set at Niagara Falls, one of my most-loved spots in this country.  Howard tells me we went there 3 years in a row, when he traveled for work and I went with him.  
I'd forgotten that.  
Have a good Sunday. 
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (4/20/2024 5:57 pm)

4/20/2024 5:53 pm  #45

Carol, your quilts are beautiful!  That red one is so bright and I just love the teddy bear.  The pastel fabrics are darling.

Devonne, I am so jealous of you for getting fresh strawberries!  The berries we get in the grocery stores are just awful.  They are white when cut into so I cannot wait for fresh ones.  Around here, that date will be in June; usually the first or second week.

My azaela bushes are just about ready to burst forth in bloom.  They are so pretty.  Dean trimmed my white one and I am not sure it will make it.  He thought it was part of the bush purple one and trimmed way back.  My hydrangea has tons of buds so everything is a little early due to the warm winter and rainy spring.  We had tornado warnings out again night before last and the town about 20 miles north east of us got hit pretty hard.  Thankfully no serious injuries but a lot of property damage.

Holly, your cross stitch is going to be beautiful.  Do you frame them?  I have a couple that I framed but have not done it for years now.

Have a good evening all.

Board footera