OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/17/2024 2:46 pm  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY APRIL 14 ~ SAT APRIL 20

Sandra, I totally understand what you are saying about books. When Lynn and David were here, we went through three bookcases.  They each took (or claimed for later and left here for now) several old books that had belonged to their grandparents.  I kept several series that I will probably reread.  One boxful has been taken to the thrift store.  There are quite a few books about the civil war that I think the son of a friend might like to have. And there are some John Jake’s books that I think a nephew might want.  Even with all of that, the two bookcases are both still needed.

The purpose of all of that book sorting was so that I could eliminate one bookcase and hang a flannel backed picnic tablecloth (flannel side out) to use as a design wall for quilts.

Hopefully my electric bills will go down a little after a job that got done today. When we built this house almost 50 years ago, blown in insulation was put in the attic. I had someone come check it last week and it has settled so much that there is only 4” now. It should be at least 12”.  They came today to blow in more.

4/17/2024 3:32 pm  #22

Mary Lou, Manda had over 20 bankers boxes of books, mostly sci fi, in our basement (which is dry because the ground slopes) when she was home this summer, she went thru half of them, and we gave away 7 boxes! Next time she’s home she will go thru the rest of them .

It was cooler with some rain today. I had got a package of Caesar salad, so we had that for dinner. Our house cleaner came this morning, so I have a nice clean house. 

I hit 50% today on my xs! I posted it on facebook and will put a pic on my blog tomorrow. I started it around January 1. 

4/17/2024 3:32 pm  #23

Ladies, I'm here requesting prayers for my niece.  I've been asked not to give specific names or spefic details, but suffice it to say that the poor woman has dealt with many, many health issues related to her kidneys for her entire life, which has caused a host of other problems, and she is in a fierce battle for her life as we speak. Please uplift her in your prayers, as well as her husband and parents. God knows her needs, and the needs of our family.🙏🏻  Thank you! (You may call her J.)

Thank you!! ❤️🤗🙏🏻

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

4/17/2024 3:50 pm  #24

Please add Molly to your prayers as the vet is trying to save her life. She is drinking, but not eating. I made boiled chicken and fixed rice. She loves it, but wouldn't touch it. I mixed her medicine with water and got it down her with a syringe. She has had severe bloody diarrhea, but the vet thinks it has nothing to do with her anal gland expression, but hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. She also got an allergy shot on Monday and at first the vet thought it was the shot. She was treated today for dehydration and nausea. If she doesn't eat by noon tomorrow, I'll be taking her back to the vet. The vet warned me this isn't good, but we are trying to save her. 

I've been up all night and am exhausted.

Last edited by DownSouth (4/17/2024 3:58 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/18/2024 5:40 am  #25

Diane- sorry to read about J.  Prayers for her and her family and you.
   From my lips to G-d’s ears.

4/18/2024 5:46 am  #26

I’ll be on my way to the retreat/workshops shortly and thought I’d make a quick stop here.  This has been a very trying, stressful week and I can’t wait to get away. 
   Tuesday I developed a twitch? In the eyebrow/lid.  It’s so annoying.  DH says he doesn’t see it?  I do.  Hopefully it will go away before this afternoon.  😵‍💫
   Anyway the car is packed.  One workshop is sashiko and the other is an Improv/modern quikt.  Out of my wheelhouse but 🤷‍♀️? 
   My friend may not be able to go…last minute issue.  There will be over 100 at this weekend event.

4/18/2024 9:25 am  #27

Devonne, good vibes to you and Molly! 

Only in the 50’s and drizzle the next few days. April showers!

4/18/2024 9:31 am  #28

Good Morning, just took Frank his coffee.  He is in the bathroom for awhile.  I have absolutely no ambition this morning.  Will have to rest for awhile.  Guess that happens when you're 84!  It is very still outside this morning, not a breath of air, but it is beautiful.  Very sunny and lots of blue sky.  The flowers outside are really beautiful.

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

4/18/2024 9:43 am  #29

ITS MY TYPICAL DAY.  A BIT OF CLEANING, A BIT OF COOKING, AND LOTS OF RELAXING.
I WON 2.50 AT BINGO LAST NITE.  ANY TIME I WIN A BIT, ITS A GOOD NITE.
NICE DAY HERE BUT ONLY 49 RIGHT NOW.  STILL, MY LIVING ROOM WINDOW IS OPEN FOR THE FRESH AIR.
I HAVE A BIT OF TROUBLE WITH MY EMAIL RIGHT NOW.  I AM GOING TO SHUTDOWN MY CABLE MODEM AND RESTART IT.  I HOPE THAT WORKS OUT THE KINKS.  IT USUALLY DOES.

DIANE......I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR RELATIVE WITH THE HEALTH ISSUES THAT HAVE PLAGUED HER ABOUT FOREVER.  PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS WINGING HER WAY.  

DEVONNE......SAME TO YOU.  I KNOW THERE ARE ISSUES WITH MOLLY LATELY AND YOU ARE VERY WORRIED ABOUT HER.  PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR YOU AND MOLLY.

JANET.......I HOPE YOU LOSE THE TWITCH AND ENJOY YOUR RETREAT.  I KNOW YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

I KEEP FINDING NEW RECIPES ON YOUTUBE FOR CASSEROLES AND SOME DAY I WILL TRY MANY MORE OF THEM.  I TRY TO KEEP MY FOODSTORES STOCKED WITH THE NEEDED ITEMS FOR THAT PURPOSE.  SOME ARE VERY SIMILAR TO EACH OTHER AND SOME I TWEAK FOR MYSELF.  IT ALL WORKS OUT.

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/18/2024 9:48 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/18/2024 11:58 am  #30

Oh my...I came out to the sunroom and discovered the slider has been open all night, until now.  I MUST check the doors every night myself.  I distinctly heard Howard say he shut everything up.  It was very warm and humid yesterday but turned much colder.  Thankfully, he was in the master bath and I won't tell him.  

Diane, praying for your dear niece and her family.  So  sorry she has suffered for so long.  

Yesterday, was my long-time neighbor and dear friend, Shirley's funeral.  ML and I went to the visitation prior to the funeral service, then to the cemetery 10 miles away, then back to the funeral dinner,  for a total of 40 miles from home to back home.  Guess that's what happens when you " do business"  between two towns that are 10 miles apart and you live 10 miles from each.   We got to see and visit with her family and friends that we've known for the  59 years Shirley's been my friend.   She was 88 and had a good life with much illness and sorrow in later years, so it was blessing, as they say...   We had a live plant delivered  and were surprised it was the only one with such a brief visitation. That's  my 3rd funeral in a month.  The rule of 3 that so often happens?  

Devonne, I'm so sorry Molly is so bad off.  Praying that she makes it.  Seems like dogs digestive systems are more delicate than ours, sometimes.  My heart aches for you.  

Howard has another doctor's appt. this afternoon at 3.  He's on his new inhaler, but since he was given this appt. last week, he's decided to keep it so he can talk with the doctor in person.  All this COPD stuff is new to us and we need some instruction and advise.  

Books!  We have one large and three smaller bookcases up here.  A whole wall of them in our basement (also dry due to constant dehumidifier running.)  And upstairs in my sewing room, I have a slew of quilt-related books, magazines, whatever I've collected over almost 20 years.  I still like to occasionally look through them and part of my dilemma is, I don't know where to donate them.  My one contact with the big local quilt guild died a couple of years ago and other than that guild, I just don't know...    I did recently read an article in the newspaper that the Lutheran churches will take unwanted quilt fabric as they are always making donation quilts.  I won't ever use what I have.  Neither will ML so that's on my radar for whenever I finally get around to sorting and culling  ML can't help me with that project.  She can't work in any environment that might have dust mites.   Guess what my long-stored fabric is full of, no doubt???     (Don't tell anybody. )

So with that admittance, I'm going to hang this up and start getting ready for the Dr. appt.    I just asked Howard if he'd rather go in alone and he asked me if I am nuts!  That's a good thing, because I want to hear what's said, and I might not get much of a report.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (4/18/2024 12:01 pm)

4/18/2024 4:21 pm  #31

Devonne, prayers for Molly.  I know how heartbreaking it is to see our beloved pets suffer.

Judy, sorry about the flag pole!  Husbands can be so irritating.  
As far as the ants, we have them too!  EVERY spring they come into the kitchen area.  I have giant carpenter ants and then in a few weeks we will get those tiny little ants.  Dean put out some ant traps around the perimeter so hopefully they will be gone soon.

I have a cute little dog hanging around the neighborhood for the past 3 weeks or so.  It looks like she may have given birth since her teats are so big for her little size.  We fed her yesterday but cannot get close enough to get/touch her.  She has a collar and tags but is very ragged and dirty.  I hope to try and follow her the next time she is around.  I don't want to call the dog warden in case she has puppies near.

I was supposed to have a treadmill cardiac stress test Tuesday, but I received a text on the way there that it was cancelled because of insurance.  I did get permission for the Echocardiogram and that was done.  Now, today I got another text that says I need to schedule the treadmill stress test.  Grrr!  I will check with the insurance before making that appt again.

Here is a picture of the Ice cream cone paper pieced quilt.  Devonne said she would like to see it.  The back is a light yellow polka dot but it is difficult to see it in the photo.
[img][/img] 

4/18/2024 4:22 pm  #32

The back
[img][/img]

4/19/2024 9:15 am  #33

Yesterday Ralph was on the computer and the router suddenly went kaput. He was able to use his cell as a hotspot to get in Amazon and order one to be sent overnight. It arrived at 6 a.m.! He said he had it all working by 7, I was still sleeping. Luckily he had a prepper meeting last night, so he didn’t drive me crazy. We lived the first half of our lives without WiFi, but now we’re so dependent on it! 

4/19/2024 9:23 am  #34

CHERYL........LOVE THE QUILT.  SUCH PRETTY COLORS.

HOLLY......,YOU ARE SO RIGHT.  WHAT CAN WE DO WITHOUT OUR TECHY STUFF.  I WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY EMAIL THE LAST COUPLE DAYS.  I EVEN SHUT DOWN FROM MY MODEM AND STILL IT WAS ULTRA SLOW MOVING FROM PAGE TO PAGE OR DELETING ANYTHING.  THIS MORNING, OUT OF THE BLUE, HAPPILY FOR ME, IT SEEMS TO HAVE GOT RID OF THAT KINK ON ITS OWN.  I AM SO NOT TECHY THAT I AM UNABLE TO FIX THINGS SOMETIMES.  I NEED A TEN YEAR OLD LIVING NEXT DOOR.  LOL.

ITS A GLOOMY DAY TODAY.  THE SUN IS HIDING AND RAIN IS COMING IN.  I NEED TO TAKE OUT SOME TRASH SO I HOPE IT HOLDS UP FOR A BIT.  ITS ALSO COOKING DAY.  I NEED TO MAKE MY VEGGIE BEEF SOUP AND BROWN MY SAUSAGE FOR MY TATER TOT CASSY TOMORROW.  
AS FOR CLEANING OUT, I FOUND LOTS OF WALLHANGINGS AND AFGHANS I NEVER USE PILED ON MY CLOSET SHELF.  TEXTED MY DAUGHTER.  SHE'LL TAKE THEM.  MY WORST FEAR WAS NOT HAVING THEM GO SOMEWHERE USEFUL.  I HATED THE THOUGHT OF TOSSING THEM OUT.
ALSO I HAVE BATHTOWELS I NEVER USE.  I ONLY USE THE WASHCLOTHS AND HAND TOWELS DAY TO DAY AND FOR MY SHOWER I HAVE SOME HUGE BATH SHEETS I USE.  THE BATH TOWELS ARE NEVER USED.  AGAIN, MY DAU WILL TAKE THEM. MY WORST THOUGHT IS NOT FINDING ANYTHING A GOOD HOME IF ITS STILL USEFUL.  HENCE I HATE WEEDING OUT STUFF.

WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS FOR ALL.   QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/19/2024 9:29 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/19/2024 10:00 am  #35

Good Morning!!  It is a beautiful day here, sun is shining brightly and the sky is so blue, love it!!!  It is fairly breezy.  Temp is 51*.  I have no plans for the day, Tracy and Jamie will be coming tonight.  So that's very nice.

I'm guessing George will be over for coffee, I haven't opened the garage door yet as Frank is still messing around getting dressed.  My nose is quite snuffly this morning, hope it goes away soon.

Don't know if I've ever mentioned that I collect pitchers!  I have quite a number and they are so beautiful.  Have a shelf in my office that's up high and it is full, also have a corner cabinet in one corner of  the office that has pitchers on it also.  Not sure where they'll go when I'm gone but I assume one of the girls will keep them, not sure!!

I'm going to sign off now, wishing you all a wonderful day, Love, BJ.

4/19/2024 11:01 am  #36

This has been a busy week. I've been to 4 of Caleb's ballgames. Last night he got a home run. There were two back to back games. We were so far ahead of the other team, they call the game if that happens. Both games got called early. They are so cute and some of the boys are so little. Some need extra help and their confidence to be built up. 

We ended up going to Cracker Barrel after the games which took forever to get our food. The last two times I've been there, it wasn't good. It wasn't good last night either. The moral of the story is don't eat at Cracker Barrel late, lol.

Cheryl, the quilt is so colorful. You did a beautiful job. Maybe there is a phone number on the tag if you can ever get close to the little dog. Or take her to the vet and see if she has a microchip? 

Molly is going to make it, after not eating anything for 3 1/2 days. The shot the vet gave her stopped the diarrhea. Yesterday at 3:30 she finally ate some chicken. She has been drinking water, which was the most important, just not eating. She is sleeping a lot.

Sandra, I'm sure your DD will take everything you don't use anymore or don't need. If she doesn't need them, does she have a yard or garage sale? I took some really good pots and pans to Salvation Army. I did ask if any family members wanted them first and no one had any room for them. I only cook for me now, so love the extra space I have now.

Judy, I check my doors every night, especially when I discovered I left the garage door open all night once. I never open my windows because I have a fear of spiders getting in. I keep bug spray close to the door when I let the dogs out...just in case, lol. It's been many years since I've been to a funeral. I think the last one was my sister's funeral in 2009.

BJ, I love beautiful pitchers, but I don't have any. I've seen some really pretty ones at Home Goods. I used to collect swans, but I sold all of them years ago.

Janet, I hope you enjoy this quilt retreat. I've never been to one.

Last edited by DownSouth (4/19/2024 11:19 am)

D e v o n n e

4/19/2024 4:33 pm  #37

Janet, hoping the quilt retreat is great.  

Cheryl, the ice cream cone quilt is adorable.  Those colors will brighten up some lucky child's life!  

Devonne, happy to read Molly is doing better.  I think Cracker Barrel has gone downhill entirely.  I used to love their breakfasts.  

Holly, your x-stitch is coming along beautifully.  I'm still slogging away at Anne Hathaway's Garden.  Maybe before summer?

Sandra, you won a bit at Bingo!  That's always worth celebrating.  

Judy, is the flagpole in yet?  We have a narrow metal tube that sinks into the garden, and then we can add the wooden flagpole whenever we want to hang the flag.  The black is unobtrusive, so much so that I've tripped over it more than I care to admit.  

We're really busy, and I'm miffed at my supervisor.  No attention to detail which isn't good for someone who is tasked with scheduling 30+ people for multiple events.  Last week he neglected to let some of us know that the game time on our schedule was wrong.  I arrived at the parking lot 3 hours late.  I just turned around and came home.  Someone covered for me, but the point is that I would have been there if I had received the email.  Others were left off too.  Now he has asked several of us to keep some summer dates open for our summer enrichment camp, but he hasn't done his part to get everything to the marketing department.  No one knows the camp exists.  So, not real happy right now.  Not to mention that the team is playing some of the worst baseball in the major leagues right now.  

I've been busy.  First, I put together the top for Pinecone's comfort quilt.  Lisa is binding it, and once it's out to Cindy, I'll post a picture.  Lisa really wanted a friendship star sashing, so I did it.  I don't like friendship stars, but this seemed important to her.  I had lots of little triangles left, so this is what I did. 

Last edited by Needlecrazy (4/19/2024 4:37 pm)

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

4/19/2024 4:36 pm  #38

I finally finished my nephew's quilt.  He should get it Tuesday which is his 35th birthday.  He has season tickets to the University of Georgia football games.  No, he did not attend the university, or any for that matter.

4/19/2024 4:37 pm  #39

And lastly, I made a baby quilt for my former co-teacher.  Her son got a blue teddy bear 2 years ago.  Her daughter gets this one.

4/19/2024 7:48 pm  #40

Carol- I love all the quilts!
   My workshop with Pepper Corey was not so great.  In fact I didn’t stay for the entire thing.  Let’s  just say I was underwhelmed by her. Why do these instructors go on and on about themselves? She took about 30 mins telling us about herself.  Her pattern cutting directions were incorrect. They $48 kits barely had enough fabric in them, she included one stencil and a spool of Perle cotton thread and two needles.  Seriously?  I’ll tell you more when I get back. 
Hopefully tomorrow’s Improv class is better.  Different instructor…can’t remember her name right now.
    Can’t remember who mentioned ants… try Home Defense … a pump spray, doesn’t smell, safe and works.

Board footera