OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/12/2024 9:45 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY APRIL 7 ~ SAT APRIL 13

Good Morning to everyone.  I have lost my glasses so will be brief this morning.  Can't imagine where I put them!!!  I'm sure they're around somewhere.  It is a fairly bright morning here, no sun, but the clouds are very bright.  It is only 49* here this day, so will stay inside.

I really don't have anything else to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

4/12/2024 1:40 pm  #42

Winds here are awful. Expected to lose power. Can’t believe we haven’t yet!

4/13/2024 9:22 am  #43

Good Morning, can't imagine why no one posted yesterday!  Tracy and Larissa arrived yesterday and we watched our favorite TV show last night, then went to bed.  Very late night for me!!

I really don't have anything to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

4/13/2024 10:40 am  #44

BJ......A FEW OF US POSTED YESTERDAY, BUT BEFORE YOURS.  WE WERE EARLY BIRDS.  BUT ITS BEEN SLOW FOR THE REST OF THE GANG.  THEY MUST ALL BE BUSY, BUSY.

NOTHING EXCITING AGAIN.  IT STARTED OUT REALLY SUNNY THIS MORNING.  WINDOWS OPEN FOR THE FRESH AIR.  TEMPS IN THE 50S.  NOW ITS GETTING GRAY AGAIN AND IN CHECKING THE FORECAST, SOME SHOWERS COMING LATER TODAY AND THEN TOMORROW AGAIN AS WELL.  OH WELL, MOTHER NATURE DOES WHAT SHE DARN PLEASES.

I REC'D THE LAST 2 LARGE-PRINT BOOKS I ORDERED.  THEY ARE BOTH BY DONNA ANDREWS.  I LIKE HER BOOKS.  THEY ALL SEEM TO HAVE BIRDS AND ANIMALS IN THEIR TITLES.   TWO OTHERS THIS PAST WEEK WERE HERS AS WELL.

CHICKEN RICE SOUP IS ON THE MENU TODAY SINCE I FAILED TO MAKE IT LAST NITE  DOZED OFF THEN DIDN'T FEEL LIKE COOKING ANYTHING.  IT'LL BE GOOD FOR TODAY THO.

I AM THANKFUL FOR ELECTRIC POWER.
I AM THANKFUL FOR A FULL LARDER SO I CAN COOK.
I AM THANKFUL I AM FEELING PRETTY WELL ENOUGH TO GET AROUND EACH DAY.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/13/2024 10:44 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/13/2024 11:07 am  #45

cooler today, in the 50’s and very windy. 
Ralph went to JJ’s, a local place, and got us breakfast. He had scrambled eggs and peppers on a tortilla wrap, and I had breakfast tacos.

I’ve been fooling with the big freezer, rearranging because it was a big jumble. I can only do a little at a time.

4/13/2024 12:19 pm  #46

Hello everyone,  Thanks for the Birthday wishes.   Tim and I drove to RI so I celebrated with both he and Jeff.  Then we drove to Montpelier VT to watch the total eclipse.  It was awesome.  A tiring trip but I am happy we did it.  Visited with an older cousin in northern VT near the Canadian border, and then with the Grand daughters in New Hampshire.  Not a lot of time but I'm glad we got to see family.  VT and NH had gotten quite a bit of snow but most of it melted.  I did get a couple of good pictures of it on the mountain tops. Down South,  I haven't seen the news because we were traveling and visiting.  I will have to search for info about the killing.  (I found the video.  Another senseless killing.  I don't know the family)

Stay safe.

Last edited by charmingsister (4/13/2024 12:30 pm)

4/13/2024 2:42 pm  #47

Joni, that was a long trip for you, but you saw history being made and family visits are always good memories.

Cheryl, looking forward to seeing pics of the ice cream cone quilt. The mozzarella chicken sounds good, but if it has marinara sauce, I don't like that sauce.

Hannah made the best chicken I've ever had. I know she used ritz crackers and I think mayo. I need to find that recipe.

BJ, I lost my glasses one day. I hung them on the over the door towel rack in the bathroom, where I've never put them before. I have another pair just like these, but I don't know where they are. You aren't alone, lol. 

I went to Bojangles for breakfast and was going to Salvation Army, but decided to wait until Monday. Instead, I went to Goodwill close by. I found a picture for my laundry room and came home.

I gave Molly a bath, but haven't gotten around to Gracie yet. Will before the day ends. I had to put a diaper on Molly until I can get her a vet appt. She's doing the boot, scoot boogie and I don't want her to rub her skin raw. She had her anal glands expressed a few months ago. I'm surprised this needs to be done again so soon, but I'm not sure what else it could be. 

I'm really tired today. I'm not doing anything except give Gracie a bath. I've been decluttering the last few days. It seems like one person living alone wouldn't have much to declutter, lol! 

It was windy earlier, but turned out to be a beautiful, 75 degree perfect day! Tomorrow is going to be 81, but next Sunday it shows 66. That's a 15 degree drop in one week.

Last edited by DownSouth (4/13/2024 2:44 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/13/2024 4:32 pm  #48

Pray for Israel. It has begun.

4/13/2024 6:04 pm  #49

Devonne, the Mozzarella Chicken does have marinara sauce.  I also make it with bottled pizza sauce and it is good that way.
I am trying to declutter some too, but it is a long haul.  How do we accumulate so much stuff?
As for the chicken with the Ritz, try googling Butttery Ritz Cracker Chicken.  I think that would be the recipe you want.  I make and it is good for sure! Such an original title, don't you think?  lol

It has been raining and windy for days now.  Today was much nicer but we have gotten 5 inches of rain the past few days.

I tried a new recipe in the Instant Pot today.  It was just OK.  It was a chicken burrito bowl.  Probably will not do it again.  I would rather make a chicken burrito and put it in a bowl.  This recipe was too watery.

Board footera