OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/01/2024 2:47 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY APRIL 7 ~ SAT APRIL 13

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/07/2024 12:17 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY APRIL 7 ~ SAT APRIL 13

Have a great Sunday, ladies! 🤗

I've been super busy because DH had surgery to remove the 9 pins from his left wrist/hand on Tuesday. Fortunately, he is right handed! His PT begins mid April after he gets the latest splint and bandage removed. It's been a long process, and he's disappointed to have to delay riding his bicycles until midsummer, but it should be worth it in the end!

DH's siblings and other relatives in NY felt the quake. How unusual that they had one! Crazy!

Back when I can! 🤗

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/07/2024 1:35 am)

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

4/07/2024 1:34 am  #3

DIANE thank you, and I am glad of your DH that the pins are finally out. He should feel better after that. It will take quite a while till he gets his mobility back, I remember W taking months after he had his wrist surgery, he had bones fused together. it was tedious.

SANDRA oh no!!! Hope the storm isn't as bad as predicted, too bad you had to throw out food, it's possible the mayo would  be OK, and it's so cold outside you could possibly have put it out to keep cold. That was such good luck about the car!!

BJ how are you feeling this morning, I worry when you say you don't feel so well, tell the girls if it keeps up!! 

DEVONNE I did a "YOU" today - I did a full spring clean on our bedroom, long overdue, and it smells fresh and clean. The Mr took lots of clothes out of his wardrobe, so many things he hasn't worn in years. I just finished sorting them into good and excellent, there is a group that looks after people in need, and they will take them. I put a few of my things in as well. it's good timing as it's starting to get cold and he had SO many winter type jackets, sweaters etc. a well as some really nice shirts.

PATTY is the snow still at yours??
MARYLOU when do the family come, is it cookie baking time at your house?

INDY I hope Andrew had a good flight, when will he know where he's going next? Don't blame him for wanting to be out of the snow all the time, I love the look, but am assured it's not that great to live in LOL

I should sleep well tonight, it took a long time to get everything done today. After all the rain poor Pete is  mowing now! It's bad for his sinuses, he came in sneezing before after doing the backyard.
The Mr has been out all day, he just tried to ring me, I assume to let me know he's coming home, I really don't need to know that. He'll turn up when he does (like a bad penny my nan used to say LOL )  he's been gone all day.

I did have a lovely long talk with my sis today, we covered so much, Her DH has taken his brother to their villa in Bali, he wanted him to get away, he's just miserable at home, dwelling all the time on the suicide. My DBIL is a sweetie, he will try to get him going for bike rides and swimming, he doesn't drink so he will try to see that Brian doesn't either. He is well known is Bali where their villa is - it sounds posh, but it's not. They just go so often it made sense to have their own place, she got cheap airfares for them, accomodation is free, just the food to buy. And they usually eat a lot from the street vendors who cook it fresh. They have never been sick - except one time Pete ate in a hotel and was flown home he was so sick with Bail belly.

MY Pete has just finished, and it's time I got dinner started!

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/07/2024 3:57 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/07/2024 10:17 am  #4

I hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday.

Judy, the painting will wait until the Fall or next Spring. It's gray now and I'm going back with gray, but a lighter gray. One wall will have a darker blue accent color. Are you still liking your adjustable bed and mattress? 

Greg and Carter came to visit yesterday. He brought us lunch from McAllisters and he also finished my porch chairs that I couldn't tighten. The food was good! I love their chicken salad.

Trish, I saw the floods in Sydney and some of the rescues. Good for you for getting all that cleaning done! The only thing I need to finish is getting the electric fireplace put together. 

I'm having breakfast for lunch and a salad for dinner.

Holly, I cooked ground beef too, but it's for Molly and Gracie. I added carrots and peas and put them in small containers to mix with their dry dog food. I got 8 containers. First time I've ever done this.

Sandra, I think it's the raw eggs that makes mayo go bad so fast. Better to be safe than sorry. I had food poisoning once and it's the sickest I've ever been in my life. Glad the snow missed your area!

D e v o n n e

4/07/2024 10:48 am  #5

WE WERE LUCKY SINCE WE DID NOT GET THAT PREDICTED SNOW, JUST A BIT OF RAIN BUT NOT MUCH.  AND ITS WARM ENOUGH IT DIDN'T FREEZE.  THE TREES ARE NOW BARE AND THE STREETS ARE CLEAR.  WARMER TEMPS ARE COMING THIS WEEK.
MY SON BROUGHT US A NICE LUNCH YESTERDAY AFTER HIS SHOPPING TRIP.  IT WAS LOBSTER ROLLS, CLAMCAKES, FRIES AND COLE SLAW.  I KNOW THE LOBSTER WAS EXPENSIVE.  I SAW A BIT OF THE TORN RECIEPT ON THE BAG'S EDGE.  BUT IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY GIFT TO ME AND I WAS THRILLED.  WE HAD LOBSTER AND SIDES FOR A NICE GAB-FILLED LUNCH.  I SAVED THE CLAMCAKES AND LEFTOVER SIDES FOR MY SUPPER LAST NITE.  MMMM GOOD.

CHARMING SISTER/JONI.....ITS A HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YOU TODAY.  I HOPE YOU GET TO ENJOY IT AND EAT WELL.

DIANE.....HOW TERRIFIC THAT YOUR DH'S PINS WERE REMOVED AND HE'S ON THE ROAD TO HEALING.  IT WILL TAKE AWHILE, BUT ITS A NEW PHASE.

TRISH......HOW GOOD FOR YOU GETTING YOUR SPRING CLEANING DONE AND FINDING SO MANY CLOTHES TO SHARE WITH THE LESS FORTUNATE.  THAT'S ALWAYS A GOOD THING.

EXCEPT FOR A FEW THINGS I HAVE TO GET DONE SINCE I WAS LAZY OVER THE POWER OUTAGE TIME, I AM IN GOOD SHAPE.  FOOD APLENTY.  I MAY GET SOME LAUNDRY DONE TODAY IF ITS NOT BUSY DOWNSTAIRS.  
YESTERDAY I GOT 3 OF THE BOOKS I ORDERED AND 2 ARE LARGE PRINT.  I STILL HAVE OTHERS BOOKS TO READ SO I AM IN GREAT SHAPE FOR READING MATERIAL.  
THERE'S MEAT TO WRAP INTO SMALLER PORTIONS TO PUT IN MY FREEZER AND MAYBE A DELICIOUS PEPPER STEAK SANDWICH ON MY SCHEDULE ALONG WITH A FRESH SALAD.  WOULD YOU BELIEVE I ACTUALLY LOST 2 LBS OVER THAT POWER OUTAGE TIME WHEN FOOD WAS CANNED SARDINES WITH A FEW CRACKERS OR PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICHES INSTEAD OF SOMETHING NICE AND FILLING?
THAT'S IT LADIES.  HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/07/2024 10:59 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/07/2024 10:59 am  #6

Trish, this was a one-time trip for Andrew.  The aim was to send 3 of the newest employees to the TX office to see how it functions during "busy season"  and to encourage camaraderie  between the two offices.  He found it a bit more professional and a quieter atmosphere to get his work done.  He, Johnny, and another Andrew all flew together.  

Devonne, I'M loving the new mattress, Howard not so much.  My back issue eased up immediately and continues to feel better.  The bed has a lower profile which fits us both better, since we're short.  He (and I) have trouble turning over as we did with the others.  I just get out of bed, easily now, and re-arrange my night clothes and pillow and get back in.  And the several times I'm up in the night allow me to do the same.  He complains and fusses but says he's sticking with them.
I, who was against changing, am now singing a different tune!    Happens often!  

It's a cloudy day here, and I see rain drops on the deck slider.  I Love A Rainy Day...only lyrics I know for that song.  

Yesterday, late afternoon, we went to Chesterton, our other town, to get me a some eye drops--I'd called ahead and when I got to CVS, I and no one else could find them, anywhere.  Would have been a totally wasted trip, but I had the idea of getting a pizza at our favorite place there, and had ordered one before we left home.  It was the best one we've had in a while, so in a sense, a win!  We're old school,  cheese, sausage and mushroom.  Twenty bucks for a medium but we get two generous meals out of that.  In the evening we watched both Final Four games.  

Trish, I'm surprised Warwick doesn't call you with his itinerary throughout the day!    That's what Howard would probably do.  And to be honest, while I don't do that, I do text him when I'm on my way home.  Gives him time to settle down if he's irked  about how long I've been gone.  I also text him when I'm finally in line to check out from a store if he's waiting in the car...gives him "time to settle down".  
Forty-five and 1/2 yrs. has taught me a few things!  

I agree, Devonne, food poisoning  can make one sicker than other stomach issues.  That's sweet of you to augment your "babies" dog food.  We've been doing a bit of that with Fancy, too.  Not cooking something but giving toast crusts and she licks  the egg Howard leaves on his breakfast (paper) plate.  That bugs me...the most nutritious part..., so at least she gets it and a few other tidbits, here and there.  

It's noon, straight up, so I'd better get dressed and get at something.  Have a lovely day, whatever you do. 
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (4/07/2024 11:06 am)

4/07/2024 3:43 pm  #7

Good day friends.
Nothing much going on here.  I am dog sitting Bosco, the Great Dane.  (My grandpup)  All of my other family members took the camper and drove 2 hours west of us to camp and watch the eclipse.  I chose not to go so the dog is with me.    He is very lovable but quite a handful.  I took him to the local park and he ran/walked me for a mile and a half.  He is NOT good on a leash.  Aaron uses nose harness called a gentle leash but I only have his chest harness leash.  I do not like the muzzle leash but perhaps I will have to get one since I cannot control him.  I was glad to get home.  We have 3/4 of an acre so we have plenty of yard for him but I thought I would go to the park. 

It is a lovely day here (sweatshirt weather) so I hope it stays like this for tomorrow's eclipse.

I am working on a paper pieced ice cream cone quilt for Project Linus.  I like paper piecing even if it takes longer to do.  It is coming out really cute.  Bright colored blocks alternated with the ice cream cone blocks.  Very festive.

Well, I had better go feed the dog and I am going to clean out and scrub my refrigerator shelves.

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/08/2024 12:00 am)

4/07/2024 4:31 pm  #8

I can’t remember the last time I was sick…not even a sniffle …probably years! But I have a cold. 😡

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/08/2024 12:00 am)

4/07/2024 9:12 pm  #9

Here in Northern Minnesota we are supposed to be at 67-71% for the eclipse.  There is rain predicted for tomorrow but I hope we can still notice a darkening.  I'd take rain over the eclipse, our snow has melted so we're headed to dry conditions again.

Sorry you have a cold Janet, those are always the pits!

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

4/08/2024 12:26 am  #10

CHERYL I had a little giggle, our Alfie is the same, he is awful on the lead, if I was sure he wouldn't take off I would walk him occasionally, he's very strong, and I couldn't catch him. He'd pull my arms off LOL 

Hope they get to see the eclipse! It will be nice to have them back after a few days by yourself!

PATTY hope the rain holds off for you too, I heard it's going to be viewed easily north as well?? Or is that wrong. 

INDY no idea why, but he thinks he should tell me when he's leaving, doesn't make any difference, he's only 30 mins away at most LOL  I was thinking Andrew was having a more permanent move, makes sense for them to try different environments. We need a new mattress too, going to be fun choosing one!  he likes soft, but then complains he has a sore back, he likes the firm ones we get sometimes on trips, but I can't make him see that is the one he should choose, our current one has 2 'different' sides, softer on his, and mine is firmer. Makes it hard to turn the mattress, it can only go head to toe, not sideways.

SANDRA good to hear you had such a yummy lunch, lobster rolls, yummy, I still think about the ones we had in Maine or NH. Forget which, it was where there was a light house.  I was expecting KFC, you scored much better!! Hope the weather behaves itself now, and you get no more power cuts. I finished 2 of the Midsomer books, one was really good, the other was not as enjoyable, it was about the bell ringers. I guess I was expecting it to be more like the tv show, and it wasn't. Gavin Troy isn't what I think him to be, I loved him in the series.

DEVONNE the floods have been bad, but we have had worse, and the rivers are now starting to subside, there has been lots of damage, some people being flooded for the 3rd and 4th time in a few years, don't know how they recover. Our Kristen and Kris would have had to remove their caravan from the river where they leave it, they bought this one so they could do that, the last time the van was completely underwater for the 2nd time, and unsalvageable, insurance wouldn't even touch it. they ended up giving them a small amount, and they put it towards the new van, they move it back to the house when this weather is predicted.

JANET so sorry, I thought I was getting one too, but i think it was all the wet grass, and dampness and whatever is blowing around. Only lasted day and a half. Hope you feel better soon, (((hugs))))

HOLLY Megan & Gary do meat like that for the dogs, I still just freeze mine raw and flat. The dogs  only eat brown rice, mixed veg and the meat. They do enough for a week or so and freeze into portion bags for each dog. They have never eaten any other way, one of the breeders told them to do it that way. 
I hope you are still enjoying that cross stitch, it's a big one, I just saw your last pic on your blog, it's beautiful!

I got the rest of the house cleaned this morning, took my books back to the library, and went to the bank to deposit my $9.80 cheque, apparently I won it on a lottery, I DID check the ticket online, but must have entered the wrong number, when I told the bank teller, she said they will have to change the way they pay out, as cheques will be gone completely  in 5 years, told her I could be dead by then so not worrying about it! LOL  BUT I wonder what they will do about it, seems like everything gets paid direct to your bank these days. I hadn't seen a cheque in years! And we haven't used them for many years personally. It's either direct debit, or paid with a card or cash.

We have leftovers of tuna mornay tonight, it makes a lot when you make it, so it's good for another night, I have some salad as well, just for some freshness!

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/08/2024 6:42 am  #11

Trish- thanks

4/08/2024 8:12 am  #12

JANET.......I HOPE GARGLING WITH WARM SALTED WATER HELPS KEEP AWAY THAT COLD.  I GET THAT SOMETIMES BUT NIP IT IN THE BUD WITH GARGLING.  BY THE NEXT DAY I'M FINE AGAIN.

CHERYL......YIKES, SORRY YOU HAVE TROUBLE LEADING OUT THAT DANE.  THEY ARE HUGE BUT SUCH GENTLE GIANTS.  STILL, PULLING YOU ALONG IS NOT SAFE.

TRISH.....I HEAR YOU ON THE MIDSOME MURDER BOOKS.  I HAD TWO I DID NOT CARE FOR AT ALL.  AS FOR THE BELL RINGING MOVIE, ITS REALLY ONE OF MY FAVORITES, ESPECIALLY SINCE IT STARS SOME OF MY FAVORITE BRITISH ACTORS.  
IT SEEMS THE MOVIES DIFFER GREATLY FROM THE BOOK.  AS FOR GAVIN TROY, HE'S POLAR OPPOSITE OF THE BOOK AND NOT VERY LIKABLE TO ME.

FOR THOSE WITH DOG LEADING ISSUES........I HAD THAT SAME PROBLEM AND SOLVED IT.  ITS NOT HARD REALLY.  WHEN OUT WALKING THE DOG AND ITS PULLING AHEAD OF YOU, JUST STOP IN YOUR TRACKS, TURN AROUND AND WALK IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION, CALLING THE DOG AS YOU GO.  THE DOG WILL FOLLOW YOU.  THEN WHEN ITS PULLING AHEAD AGAIN, REPEAT THIS PROCEDURE.  DO THIS SEVERAL TIMES ON YOUR WALK.  IT MAY TAKE A FEW DAYS OR A FEW WEEKS FOR THE DOG TO LEARN TO STAY CLOSE TO YOUR SIDE AND NOT PULL AHEAD, BUT IT WORKS. OR IT DID FOR ME, FOR 2 DIFFERENT DOGS.

ITS A LOVELY DAY HERE IN THE NORTH COUNTRY.  SUNNY AND BRIGHT AND IN THE 60S TODAY.  THIS SHOULD REALLY MELT THE SNOW STILL ON THE GROUND.

LAST NITE I MADE PEPPER STEAK FOR A ROLL.  IT WAS DELISH WITH ONIONS. I HAVE ENOUGH LEFTOVER FOR ANOTHER 6" ROLL TODAY.  FOR SUPPER IT'LL BE SOMETHING ELSE BUT NOT YET SURE.  I HAVE BOTH CHICKEN BREAST AND HAMBURG DEFROSTED FOR TONITE.
EXCEPT FOR DOING A FEW LAPS IN THE HALLWAY AND VACUUMING, NOT MUCH TO DO FOR ME TODAY.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/08/2024 8:20 am)

4/08/2024 10:55 am  #13

Sandra, thanks for that info, but it did/does not work on this one.  We did that exact training for the lab a few years ago and he took right to it.  This one is a lunkhead.   and stubborn.  He is actually great off leash but it makes me too nervous.  I think it is because when he was a pup, Dean used to take  him and run ahead of us when we were out walking.  Dean cannot run anymore due to knee/back issues, so the dog does not get to run.  He seems to do well with Aaron but that is the only one.  So, I will keep him in my yard.

It is about 50% cloudy today after a short rain, so hopefully the we will be able to see the eclipse in all it's glory.  If not, we will experience the total darkness for 3 minutes.  Dean and the boys drove 2 hours and the weather looks the same there.  

I made a meatloaf to bake for supper.  Easy and we both like it.  Add a salad and dinner is done.

4/08/2024 1:55 pm  #14

Thanks Sandra, I remembered the post images site as I had it bookmarked.  I looked on our index and couldn't find a post about it.  I know it was there because I wrote down the instructions.  Now I can find either.  Luckily I did figure it out to get the picture there.  I just don't know why it put two pictures.  Oh well, I'll try again one day.

As for the eclipse, it's been raining all day so never even noticed a darkening.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

4/08/2024 4:12 pm  #15

My kids and I enjoyed watching the eclipse. It was awesome!  David is heading home now (traffic is very heavy) but Lynn is staying until tomorrow since she has a much longer drive. Our weather was perfect, only a few very light clouds and the temps were in mid 70s, except during totality when it dropped dramatically. So many things to watch and listen to.  Birds stopped singing during totality.  Immediately after totality, we heard roosters crowing like it was morning, LOL

4/09/2024 9:18 am  #16

I had my routine cardio appt, all is good. And he’s not retiring, yay! He’s spending most days in the OR, and just one day in the office. He’s an electrophysiology doc, which means he deals with arrhythmias.

It’s a beautiful day, sunny and will be in the 70’s! 

4/09/2024 9:19 am  #17

PATTY..........THE POST PICTURE SITE WAS LISTED UNDER FAVORITE FOODS ON PG 3 BUT THAT SITE IS NOW DEFUNCT.  I USE POSTIMAGES.ORG THESE DAYS SO I EDITED THE OLD POST.
WHEN I HAVE SOME TIME, I WILL LIST HOW TO POST A PICTURE HERE FROM THE NEW SITE. 

ITS A LOVELY DAY HERE TODAY. BRIGHT AND SUNNY AND ALREADY 56F.  I'M IN SHORTS.  MY WINDOWS ARE OPEN.  I LOVE IT.

I PLAN TO MAKE A SAUCY BEEF AND NOODLE CASSY TODAY.  ALREADY I CHECKED ON 4 NEIGHBORS AND THEY ARE EAGER TO HAVE SOME FOR SUPPER TONITE.  AND ME, OF COURSE.  
WE GOT A NOTICE THAT WE CAN BE REIMBURSED FOR ANY FOOD TOSSES DURING POWER OUTAGES OVER 8 HOURS LONG THRU A LOCAL ORGANIZATION.  THE PAPERWORK FOR ME IS NOT WORTH THE EFFORT UNLESS I LOST EVERYTHING IN MY FREEZER.  I CAN MANAGE LOSSES UNDER A HUNDRED BUCKS MYSELF.

THAT'S IT LADIES.  NOTHING SPECIAL HAPPENING HERE.  I DID MY FIRST LAPS THIS MORNING.  I HAVE NO SPECIAL PLANS OTHER THAT THE CASSY. 
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

4/09/2024 9:26 am  #18

Good Morning, everyone!!  It is a beautiful day here, the sun is shining brightly and not a leaf is stirring.  Believe it rained overnight.  What a lovely day, 47*.  I have no plans for the day, just feeling lazy.  Guess that happens a lot when you're 84 yrs old!!

I really don't have anything to say, so will wish you all well and sign off, have a lovely day everyone! BJ.

4/09/2024 12:30 pm  #19

Janet, sorry you are sick. You broke your good record of staying healthy. Hope you are feeling better.

Cheryl, you were very brave to take a Great Dane on a walk on a leash, lol. Gary's great dane was hit by a car about six months ago. He said there's no way Sampson could have made it where he was found. He thinks his neighbor took him off and left him there. When someone told him where they thought he was, animal control had already picked him up. He was the most gentle BIGGEST dog I've ever seen. Like a mini pony, lol.

Thanks to Greg for the solar glasses, I was able to see the eclipse. Of course, it wasn't dark here. Unfortunately, I won't be around to see the next one.

I had the worse meal ever from Chickfila. Since ours is closed for remodeling, I stopped at the one in Hiram, where I go to shop. It's a brand new Chickfila. I think a lot of the fast food restaurants have gone downhill. Gary went to Popeyes and he said his chicken sandwich wasn't good and his fries were like 2 days old, lol.

It is a rainy day here, raining on and off all day. I'm back home and it's time to rest for awhile. I started a load of laundry before I left & just tossed it in the dryer.

It's a little chilly today because of the rain, only 58 now but going up to 67. Tomorrow in the mid 70's. My poor thermostat has to be confused. It's heat one day and a/c the next, lol.

Judy, I'm with Howard on the mattresses. I know firm mattresses are better for you, but I also prefer a softer mattress. I've bought two expensive ones, returned the first one and the 2nd one is only bearable because I bought a 3" mattress topper for it. As for the adjustable bed, I think I would be fine just using more pillows. Gary said he is selling their adjustable bed frame.

The reason I haven't been happy with two expensive mattresses is because they were both memory foam and memory foam is hard to turn over on. I would like to find one that isn't memory foam. I don't know if they even make them anymore. I have an old Serta in one of my bedrooms and it's really easy to turn over on this mattress. I'm giving this one until next year. I would love to get rid of the adjustable bed frame. It's extremely heavy to move.

Last edited by DownSouth (4/09/2024 12:40 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/09/2024 12:33 pm  #20

I was supposed to go to lunch with a friend today and then go to our quikt Bee meeting….cancelled because of this darn cold. 
Tomorrow they’re coming to install the new electric cooktop.  DH is now saying he could have and should have done it himself. 
I was supposed to go to a quilt show with a friend on Saturday (2 hrs away) but will probably cancel as I haven’t gotten a thing done the past few days.  I’m heading to a quilt Symposium next week and need to get things together for that.  One of the instructors is Pepper Cory.  Remember her from years gone by?  She used to be on Alex Anderson’s show a lot.  So 31/2 days, 2 -6 hr workshops.  And activities every evening and of course meals included.  If I had to get sick, I’m glad it was this week, not next week.

Board footera