OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/06/2024 8:55 am  #61

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 31 ~ SAT APRIL 6

Power just went out.  They are trimming trees from a helicopter and it has been causing outages.  It’s a neat thing to watch.

4/06/2024 9:09 am  #62

WE DID NOT GET OUR HEAT ON TIL AROUND 9 PM SO NO HOT WATER.  NICE THAT THERE WAS PLENTY FOR SHOWERING THIS MORNING.  NOW THEY SAY ANOTHER POSSIBLE 4 INCHES OF SNOW LATER TODAY.  YIKES.  I CANNOT HANDLE ALL THIS POWER OUTAGE. 
I TOSSED OUT THE POSSIBLE IFFY FOODS FROM MY FRIDGE THIS MORNING.  AFTER 37 OR 38 HRS OFF I WAS NOT GOING TO TAKE A CHANCE ON THE DEFROSTED MEATS AND A FEW OTHER THINGS.  ESPECIALLY THE MAYO.  I NEVER KEEP THAT AFTER AN OUTAGE.  IT SEEMS SO MANY FOOD POISONINGS COME FROM SOMETHING WITH MAYO IN IT WHICH IS STRANGE BECAUSE MAYO IS MADE WITH VINEGR AND THAT'S A PRESERVATIVE.
NOTHING IN MY FREEEZER, WHICH IS PACKED PRETTY TIGHTLY, STARTED TO THAW SO THAT'S A GOOD THING.

MY FRIENDS CAR, MIRACULOUSLY, WAS UNHURT.  THE TREE FELL OVER BUT NOT ALL THE WAY AND WAS HANGING JUST ABOVE HIS CAR BY INCHES WITH SOME SMALL TOP BRANCHES ON HIS CAR.  HE WAS SOOO LUCKY.  THEY REMOVED IT WITHIN 4 HOURS OF THE STORM BEING OVER. THE OTHER 2 TREES THAT BENT OVER SO MUCH SPRANG BACK UP WHEN THE SNOW WAS WASHED OFF WITH THE FOLLOWING RAIN.  WEIRD.

MY SON WILL SHOP FOR ME TODAY AND HE SAYS HE'S BRINGING LUNCH.  ITS FOR MY BIRTHDAY BUT I'LL TAKE IT.  BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.

SORRY ABOUT THE ISSUES OTHERS ARE HAVING FROM STORMS TO EARTHQUAKES TO TOO MUCH RAIN.  MOTHER NATURE IS NOT KIND IN MANY WAYS.  I HOPE YOU ALL GET THRU THE MESSES EASILY ENOUGH.

TAKE CARE MY FRIENDS.  IF YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM ME TOMORROW, ITS ANOTHER OUTAGE.  HUGS FOR ALL.  QB S 

PATTY.....FYI......TO ADJUST YOUR PHOTOS CHECK OUT THE POSTIMAGES SITE LISTED BELOW AND ALSO THE INSTRUCTIONS IN OUR INDEX.  EASY PEASY TO POST PICTURES.

Last edited by quiltbea (4/06/2024 9:19 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/06/2024 9:43 am  #63

Good Morning, I will be very brief as Tracy and Jamie are both up and I believe Frank is also.  Just wanted to say Hi! and Goodbye!  Talk with you all later, BJ.

4/06/2024 10:00 am  #64

Trish, earthquakes are pretty rare in this area. I’ve seen on the news that it’s possibly influenced by sunspot activity. 

I browned the 8 pounds of ground beef. 5 pounds are bagged up in the freezer, the last 3 pounds have to cool another half hour or so. I use 2 frying pans, so it took about an hour to do the 4 batches. Ralph was next door helping neighbor Dave with his yard sale. 

Physicians! My first cardiologist, Dr Lamorte, retired, so I moved to Dr Andrulli who did my ablation. Same practice. Now he’s easing to retirement, only seeing patients one day a week. I see him Tuesday, I’ll se who he wants me to switch to. And they are both younger than me! I’m happy for them that they are/ did retire. 
50 and windy here, you all can keep your snow! 

4/06/2024 12:50 pm  #65

Thanks Trish. I couldn't figure it out, either, and was not puter-smart enough to Copy and Paste!  Mine has been acting up again.  Howard fiddled with it a long time, yesterday.  Seemed to be overheating so now he has the fan on all the time...irritating noise!

Sunny and chilly, here.  But we never got more than a bit of non-sticking snow.    Sorry about more for you, QB.  You're the best survivor I know, so you'll be okay.   And Matt is coming and bringing lunch.  Yeah!

Andrew is in the air right now, flying home.  Will enjoy hearing about his week in Tejas!  One thing he told his mother was that they walked to dinner every night in the balmy weather.  He'll probably end up somewhere warm as he dislikes snow and northern winter.

Howard  (and Jane) went through an earthquake when he was stationed in Calif. and he never wants to again.  Steve was a baby and they were in an upper floor apt. and it was terrifying.  And they were both 20 yrs. old--kids that were traumatized.  We had one tiny one here a few yrs. ago, so little, I never even felt it.

Devonne, if you re-painted your bedroom?  what color did you paint?  I can't remember if you said you did or are just redecorating a bit.  

Having a quiet Saturday.  Howard is TV- camping in the living room.  I need to go upstairs and continue on with sewing prep.  If I don't, I won't have anything ready to sew...hand sew, that is.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (4/06/2024 12:51 pm)

Board footera