OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/04/2024 9:55 am  #41

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 31 ~ SAT APRIL 6

Good Morning to everyone!!  Hope you all are having a good day.  I am still coughing up a storm.  Wish this cold would go away!!!  It is very still this morning, not a breath of air is moving.  I think I have to go change my top; this one is too heavy and I'm not very comfortable.

Okay,  I changed my top, feel much more comfy!!  Frank is still sleeping, well, he just coughed, so maybe not now.  Should go check on him again, to take him some coffee.   Coffee delivered!!  He's likely just going to stay in bed for awhile.  No reason not to!!  Not much going on this morning.  His cold is still not too great!

Well, I really don't have much to say this morning, so will just sign off, wishing you all a wonderful day, BJ.

4/04/2024 11:03 am  #42

Devonne,  not sure on the bird.  She looks nice and plump and maybe? has a white breast?  I knew that birds would reuse nests--don't know from where...     

North of Chicago got measurable snow, but we didn't.   Sometimes it[s good to be on the bottom of Lake Michigan...sometimes, not!   More is predicted for today.  I don't care.  I'm in for the day and glad of it.  

We aren't in the direct path of the eclipse.  Andrew will be, in Carmel, IN.    That's the last week of busy tax time, but I'll bet they'll take a break for the eclipse.  He flies back from TX on Saturday.

Mary Lou, good for you!  Hope the extra sleep made you feel like a new woman.    That is' thoughtful of you to consider David's busy schedule and ask for less.  Sounds like Lynn will need a quiet weekend, too.   Can she come alone, or will her husband be with you, too?    Your nephews sound like winners.  Glad  you can rely on them to help, if needed. 

Happy Birthday to  Carol's Glen.  Hope you 'kids' have a good time, today.    Thanks for the family wishes.  Years ago, this would never have been an issue.  I was younger, then, but am tougher, now, so I guess that helps.  Good wishes for your precious doggie, too.  

Off to figure out supper and piddle around with my sewing project.  Have a good afternoon.
Indy

4/04/2024 11:06 am  #43

Sorry, when I click on EDIT,  to enlarge it, the body of the post is blank.  ???????  Not so, with this one.....?

Last edited by indyanny (4/04/2024 11:10 am)

4/04/2024 6:01 pm  #44

Here is the mug rug I made.
[url=][/url][/url]

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

4/04/2024 6:02 pm  #45

I've lost my instructions for posting pictures so I don't know why there are two of them but at least you can see it.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

4/04/2024 6:39 pm  #46

Gary's appt. was with the psychologist, 15 minutes. Not sure if that was worth the drive to Atlanta, lol. He sees 5 or 6 different doctors in this Covid group.

I've been laying on the heating pad all day. It has helped my stiff neck, but not so much my back. I'll be glad when my appt. gets here (the 26th).

Patty, that's really nice!

I texted Sandra just now to check on her. She may already be asleep or she might be saving the power on her phone.

Happy birthday to Warwick and Glen.

Greg's friend thinks the bird is an Eastern Phobe. I've never heard of it, but it is what it looks like. 

D e v o n n e

4/04/2024 8:36 pm  #47

Happy belated birthday, Sandra!  I hope you get your power back on soon.

Carol, my son said the same thing about the eclipse viewing in Texas.  lol.  We, too, are in the path of total eclipse and all of the towns have planned events.  There are no hotel rooms to be had and the gas prices have jumped 60 cents a gallon the past two days.  My sons and Dean plan to drive 2 hours west of us to hopefully get some sun for the eclipse.  We maybe could be clear, but who knows.  Today we had rain, snow and then by the end of the day it was cool but very sunny.  I don't really care, but Anthony is a huge astronomy nerd and is very excited about it, even though they went to Indiana for the last one.

4/05/2024 5:55 am  #48

Sandra still has no power as of 7:00 am this morning. She said she is doing fine. This may be a good time her apt. stays extra toasty.

Cheryl, I hope they get to see the eclipse. Greg is also into astronomy.  When we went to Arizona, we drove to a very dark isolated area so he could take pictures of the Milky Way. Carter and I were bored and I was scared the entire time we were there. I have never seen a place so dark.  He did get some really good pictures. He has his own internet site. 

I have to go to the UPS Store today for Amazon returns. Publix is in the same strip mall and they have some good BOGO sales. On the last trip, they charged me twice for Cracker Barrel cheese. I seldom check my receipts, but I will from now on. 

D e v o n n e

4/05/2024 9:30 am  #49

Good Morning!  I'm not very bright this morning, feel pretty stupid!!!  So I will just say Good Morning to everyone, and sign off.  Can't think of anything to say or do, so will say Goodbye!! BJ.

4/05/2024 9:50 am  #50

Yikes, we had a 4.8 earthquake a bit ago! Epicenter about 80 miles north of us, felt from Philly to Boston! The whole house shook! Biggest earthquake in the area since the 1700’s! 

We had just gotten home from the Amish Market, glad I wasn’t on the road when it happened. I was down to one package of ground beef, so I bought 8 pounds and will brown and freeze it. We also got pepperoni, cold cuts, chicken salad. And of course doughnuts for the freezer. 

4/05/2024 10:17 am  #51

My daughter was driving to work and felt the quake.

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/06/2024 1:54 am)

4/05/2024 12:12 pm  #52

Marylou, what did you take that helped you sleep so good? I ordered a natural sleep aid from Amazon. When it came, it was Bonine for motion sickness, but it had the correct sleep aid label on the back. Yikes! 

BJ, you are just having an off day. We all have them.

So far, no back pain today but I haven't done anything.

I hope there are no more tremors after the earthquake. How scary!

It's finally warmed up enough where I can head out.

Last edited by DownSouth (4/05/2024 12:15 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/05/2024 3:47 pm  #53

I'M BACKKKKK!  AFTER 36 OR SO HOURS MY PHONE WAS DOWN TO 61% AND MY HOUSE TEMP WAS 64* SO NOT BAD AT ALL.  I SNUGGLED UNDER A QUILT AND READ AND READ AND READ.  I ALSO PLAYED SOME SOLITAIRE.  I HAVE DISHES IN THE SINK THAT NEED WASHING NOW THAT I WILL HAVE HOT WATER AGAIN SOON.  

DEVONNE......IF THAT BIRD HAS A WHITE BREAST, IT MAY BE A JUNCO.  WE HAVE THEM HERE.  

I HAVE THINGS TO DO SO I WILL GET BUSY.  ITS AMAZING WHAT ONE CANNOT ACCOMPLISH WITHOUT POWER.  
HAVE A GOOD EVENING MY FRIENDS.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/05/2024 3:47 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/05/2024 3:59 pm  #54

HERE'S A COUPLE OF PIX OF OUR PARKING LOT DURING STORM.  TREE FELL OVER ON MY NEIGHBOR'S CAR.

LATER WHEN IT EASED UP A BIT.

Last edited by quiltbea (4/05/2024 4:01 pm)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/05/2024 4:51 pm  #55

Devonne I have prescription Xanax. I can take as much as two a day for nerves but only take half of one at bedtime once in a while.

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/06/2024 1:54 am)

4/05/2024 9:12 pm  #56

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLENN!

SANDRA, HOOE THE CAR DOESN'T HAVE A KOT OF DAMAGE.

THINKING OF EVERY ONE. PRAYERS........

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/06/2024 1:53 am)

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

4/06/2024 1:56 am  #57

FROM INDY, COPIED FROM ABOVE,  for some reason the post is blank when I try to edit !! Computers!!

Devonne,  not sure on the bird.  She looks nice and plump and maybe? has a white breast?  I knew that birds would reuse nests--don't know from where...     

North of Chicago got measurable snow, but we didn't.   Sometimes it[s good to be on the bottom of Lake Michigan...sometimes, not!   More is predicted for today.  I don't care.  I'm in for the day and glad of it.  

We aren't in the direct path of the eclipse.  Andrew will be, in Carmel, IN.    That's the last week of busy tax time, but I'll bet they'll take a break for the eclipse.  He flies back from TX on Saturday.

Mary Lou, good for you!  Hope the extra sleep made you feel like a new woman.    That is' thoughtful of you to consider David's busy schedule and ask for less.  Sounds like Lynn will need a quiet weekend, too.   Can she come alone, or will her husband be with you, too?    Your nephews sound like winners.  Glad  you can rely on them to help, if needed. 

Happy Birthday to  Carol's Glen.  Hope you 'kids' have a good time, today.    Thanks for the family wishes.  Years ago, this would never have been an issue.  I was younger, then, but am tougher, now, so I guess that helps.  Good wishes for your precious doggie, too.  

Off to figure out supper and piddle around with my sewing project.  Have a good afternoon.
Indy

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/06/2024 1:57 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/06/2024 2:20 am  #58

I'm back as well.

​So sorry about your weather SANDRA I'm glad you had plenty to do, I guess there was no Bingo on your birthday. WOW amazing pics, hope your friend doesn't have too much damage to the car, will it be covered by insurance? I guess the tree can't be blamed, but would the local authority (it would be local council for us ) have cover for the damage?

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY to GLENN, sorry I missed it. Hope he had a great day!! 

INDY your post WAS so weird - there was nothing in the post for me either, so I copied it into another post!  and when I added the bit at the top it was supposed to be in red, this site is having a few issues!! Too bad about the family problems, it's so frustrating when things happen so long ago, and you only just find out,  surely she could have let it go!

DEVONNE your rose is sweet too, I do love those multi coloured ones. I hope you got some rest with the family sleep over, they may become more regular, I guess it's hard with them all so close and in cramped places. 

MARYLOU that was good you got some rest, have you tried leaving music on all night when you are alone if it bothers you - I do that if I have the house to myself, and I told John to do  it too, it just makes it less quiet LOL

JANET you should have that printed and placed in every room, wish I could too, not that it would make any difference, I would be told - "stop nagging me" LOL well it's not nagging if you ask once, and if I have to ask more than that it's YOUR problem, not mine LOL

The weather here has been pretty bad, seems like you have had it bad as well, we had such a huge amount of rain, they asked people to stay home and work if possible, Dean was home from school, and quite a few schools were closed. There is flooding in lots of places. WE lost power for a bit, lucky we had phones charged and could use them. And we have no water damage either. I would have been cross if we did LOL The lawns are soaked, they need mowing, but they are so water logged we can't. Another sunny day should see them dry out a bit.
I hear a mower next door, they have ruined the lawn there, it was far too wet to cut, AND it's dark now as well.

HOLLY earthquakes are not usual for you either are they?  I'm glad it didn't affect you! 

BJ I do hope you feel better tomorrow, some days are just meant for doing nothing and resting, so take it easy. 

I suspect - maybe I'm wrong - that some of this odd weather is caused by the testing that was done near Hawaii a bit ago. Seems like we have some odd weather/earthquakes etc after one of those tests. I  wish they wouldn't do it. It has to affect the oceans and then the roll on effect. We had earthquakes as well - not usual for this area. it didn't affect us, our house is built on pier foundations, anyone built on a slab felt it.

I made Tuna Mornay for dinner tonight, haven't had it for so long, there is so much left, all packed away for another day LOL I used Nagi's recipe on Recipe Tin Eats, very similar to mine anyway, except for the panko crumb topping which we all enjoyed. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/06/2024 2:24 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/06/2024 2:26 am  #59

I forgot to comment on the embroidery, PATTY I love them, it will be a great memory!! 
Are you going to be able to see the eclipse?

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/06/2024 7:23 am  #60

I woke up at 7 am and decided to organize my closet. It was a mess. I had a lot of blouses to hang up. I have two 5 shelf units in there that are wide that needed to be used in a better way. I moved my bed linens there, now I have empty drawers for pants. I got all the stuff up off the floor and arranged my blouses by color. I have a shoe mess. I need to buy a shoe rack. 

Sandra, that's a lot of snow, but it is so pretty!

It's breakfast time now. I'm fixing french toast and coffee.

I am still working on my bedroom. I found a picture of a heron I want to get. The color is perfect. I hope Greg comes this weekend to hang some things for me. I bought Panera Bread pizza at Publix for when they come. I've never had it before, but they like Panera Bread. It's on flat bread.

My lawn guy came yesterday and my yard looks so much better. I felt sorry for him. He said he had to take money out of his 401k to pay for his divorce. He hates his job and he's looking for another one with no luck. When I asked him how many kids he had, he said 5 kids by 3 different women, lol! 

ETA: My time is always an hour later than what it shows here. 

Last edited by DownSouth (4/06/2024 7:33 am)

D e v o n n e

Board footera