OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/02/2024 10:29 am  #21

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 31 ~ SAT APRIL 6

we had books to pickup from the library, so we went to the diner for breakfast. I had a build your own omelet. I got American cheese, tomatoes and pork roll. It came with hash browns, toast, and hot tea. I brought more than half home. 

It’s another rainy day. I’m in for the day now.

4/02/2024 11:03 am  #22

Good Morning, it is a beautiful day here.  The sun is shining bright.  Just went out for a brief walk with Tracy.  It was so nice!!!  She is taking Frank with her this morning to go look at a rental to see how much work  is needed.  I'm sure they need a bit.  Then when she is done, she will pick me up and we will go to Anacortes and meet with the attorney.  That will be nice, haven't seen him in a long time.

Well, I really don't have much to say this morning, so will sign off, hoping you all have a really nice day, BJ.

4/02/2024 2:02 pm  #23

Nothing much happening here. Gary and the kids came over to do a spend the night party. He brought drinks and ground chuck for burgers, fries and cheese. I told him I could go to the store, lol.

Greg got a 4% raise today and his yearly bonus. Gary is taking his pension early from a job he worked at for 17 years. He will only get half of it or wait 10 years and get it all. He's taking it in June. 

The weather is supposed to be bad here as well. I just got a weather alert that it should arrive in a few hours. Stay safe everyone in the path of tornados. 

D e v o n n e

4/02/2024 5:17 pm  #24

Surprise, me again, lol!

The news said the storms should roll in around 10:00. For now, it looks clear on the radar and most of the bad weather (so far) has headed north. Judy, hope you are ok. Saw the damage in Indiana but it didn't say where.

This is my first rose to bloom this year. Sadie Grace picked it and said it was for her Mom. It will be gone before she sees her Mom, but nice thought, lol. It's only about 2" wide and came off the rose bush that changes colors. This is another one of my favorite colors, but they are hard to find locally. I would have to order one.

Everyone left to go to Logan's ballgame so I have an hour of peace and quiet, lol.

Last edited by DownSouth (4/02/2024 5:19 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/03/2024 4:16 am  #25

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sandra. Enjoy the day celebrating you

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

4/03/2024 4:27 am  #26

Wishing our beautiful SANDRA the happiest of birthdays today, and
hoping that the year to come is happy healthy and wealthy 🎉🎁🎂

It’s late, we had the Mr’s birthday dinner tonight as John is working tomorrow for the actual birthday.

I’ll be back tomorrow, we had a nice dinner and cake and company. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/03/2024 9:05 am  #27

Happy Birthday Sandra! Seems like the years go by faster and faster!

It’s pouring here, and we had thunder and lightning during the night. I’m glad we did our errands yesterday! 

4/03/2024 9:07 am  #28

THANK YOU LADIES FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES.  I EVEN GOT 2 BIRTHDAY CARDS UNDER MY DOOR LAST NITE FROM NEIGHBORS.

I SEE PATTY POSTED MY BIRTHDAY ON THE BIRTHDAY THREAD.   THANK YOU PATTY.  I PLAN TO HAVE A NICE DAY TODAY.  NO COOKING OR CLEANING NEEDED SINCE I HAVE LEFTOVERS AND CAN MAKE A PATHWAY THRU MY LITTLE APT FROM ONE ROOM TO ANOTHER.  LOL.  ITS REALLY NOT THAT BAD. 

WISHING OUR WARWICK A NICE BIRTHDAY AROUND THE CORNER AS WELL.  WE HAVE A FEW THINGS TO CELEBRATE TOMORROW.  IN CASE I LOSE POWER, REMEMBER THAT APRIL 4TH IS ALSO OUR CAROL'S DEAR GLEN'S BIRTHDAY.

DEVONNE......I LOVE THE COLOR OF THAT ROSE.  ITS SORT OF A LIGHT SALMON COLOR.  I ADORE THE SALMON COLORS OF ALL FLOWERS.  SO RICH. 

OUR WEATHER REPORT HAD BEEN UPGRADED.  WE ARE TO EXPECT 7 TO 17 INCHES OF SLEET AND SNOW LATER TODAY.  YIKES.  THAT'S BAD.  WE ARE SURE TO LOSE POWER.  I WILL HAVE MY SARDINES, CANNED TUNA, AND PEANUT BUTTER AND BREAD READY.  I TOOK OUT SOME THINGS TO DEFROST (PLACED IN THE FRIDGE SECTION) FOR THIS WEEKEND SO I HOPE THEY ARE SAFE.  LUCKY ME I GOT 5 NICE LARGE PRINT BOOKS FROM SALLY OUR LIBRARIAN YESTERDAY.  ALL ARE NICE ONES I'VE NOT READ OR READ YEARS AGO SO WILL ENJOY THEM ALL.  
I THINK BINGO TONITE IS A GO UNLESS WE LOSE POWER.  I DOUBT ANY OF MY 2 KIDS WILL DROP IN WITH THAT WEATHER REPORT.  MY SON SAYS THIS WEEKEND SO HE'LL BE HERE THEN.
CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME LADIES THAT ON MY BIRTHDAY I WIN A LITTLE BIT OF MONEY TONITE.

THAT'S IT FRIENDS.  I AM TRULY THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU BEING THERE WHEN I NEED A DECISION OR A KIND THOUGHT.  HUGS FOR YOU ALL.  QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/03/2024 9:17 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

4/03/2024 9:43 am  #29

Good Morning!!  Happy Birthday to quiltbea!  Hope I got that right, my mind is so bad, can't remember anything!!!  It is very cloudy outside this morning, just started raining again.  Not what I was looking forward to!!

I'm going to quit and go visit with Tracy.  She will be going home today, I will really miss her.  Have a wonderful day, everyone, BJ.

4/03/2024 10:19 am  #30

We didn't get the bad storms, only lightning and rain. A blessing for me. A few counties on the other side of Atlanta were under a tornado warning. 

Sandra, happy birthday! I hope your power doesn't go out. 

Hope no one had any damage from the storms. 

My lawn guy is supposed to come this week. With the rain last night, it may be next week when he comes. My sod has died. All I have is green weeds now. I'm not sure what to do about this. It's expensive to replace it and what if it dies again? My HOA is very relaxed and I think I'll go with fescue. If they say anything, I'll get someone to do sod in the front yard.

Last edited by DownSouth (4/03/2024 10:21 am)

D e v o n n e

4/03/2024 1:30 pm  #31

Devonne, did you see on San Francisco Stitch Co. today they have a solar eclipse design to stitch as a mug rug or just the design for anything.  It's only $1.99.  I'm currently stitching the mug rug to send to my sister.  They were supposed to go to San Antonio but her DH had a second surgery for detached retina and didn't want to change something happening on the trip.

I think I will stitch the design on my quilting shirt, just because.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

4/03/2024 1:31 pm  #32

My whole post disappeared when my laptop jumped to another site.    

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, QB.  Hope you continue to have a nice day and win big $$$$$ tonight!  April is a nice month to have one's birthday.  New year beginning for you and for "this green earth."
Enjoy your memories and all that goes with them. 

Howard just got home from lunch with Dave.  I had 2 1/2 hours of solitude for which I'm thankful.  Spent  part of it with the TV and the show, Quilting Arts.  I enjoy that show watching stuff I'd never do myself, and never would have!    Saw a simple drawing of a wren, so I got my blank pad and copied it for future use (probably not!)  I can draw a bit, but couldn't at all if there wasn't an eraser on the pencil. 

Good birthday wishes, for Warwick, too.  Wishing him many more. 

I need to answer a text from Pam, my DIL.  I'm a bit miffed at her.  I  just now found out that she didn't like something Howard said and did at our Christmas dinner and she raised a stink with my son, who told ML.
Howard can be tactless but I know he tries at these gatherings and usually everyone just considers the source and lets it go.   I can't help what he does and we both  overlook the choices their two children have made so I don't know why she picked that day to stir things up, albeit to my son after they left.  I mean, we get together only that one day  a year.  Good thing we have 9 mos. to get over it and carry on.  
  I need to buck up and quit feeling sorry for myself and carry on...seems we always must carry on.   

Rain here, but  none of the predicted snow, yet.   Devonne, you're a better Hoosier than I am. I didn't hear about the bad weather in Indiana, but we didn't get it!    Glad Gary will know what he's getting each month very soon.  Congrats to Greg on the raise.  Seems like sod is tricky--hard to keep alive.  I'm sure you watered it faithfully, too.  I know this sounds ignorant, but I wonder if plain old grass seed would come up through it?  One of the problems here is that the seed blows away before it can germinate and stick in the ground,,,or the birds eat it!  

Off to my sewing room upstairs to do some cutting on a project I've not touched in 3 weeks.  It's been crazy busy for that long.   As always, thanks, my dear friends, for listening to me.  
Indy
ETA:  Spoke too soon.  Just seeing some snow!

Last edited by indyanny (4/03/2024 1:40 pm)

4/03/2024 2:48 pm  #33

Happy Birthday, Sandra!  I hope it's super happy and not powerless.  Yikes on that much bad weather!

We're looking at clouds and rain on Monday for the eclipse.  Parts of central Texas are in the path of totality, and their communities have been gearing up for months for a huge influx of tourists.  Hotels are charging 8-10 times the normal rate.  And now, they might not see anything.  Sandra might have the best chance of seeing it out of any of us.  

Judy, sorry about the family issues.

Trish, Happy Birthday to Warwick!  He's a few hours ahead of Glen.  

Let me go take some rose pictures in a few minutes and post some for you.  If you're in the path of bad weather, I hope you have plenty of good food and books. 

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

4/03/2024 2:54 pm  #34

The eclipse will only last from 4 to 2 minutes or less, depending on where you are. Too bad it won't happen again for another 20 years, as I won't be around to see it. I'm not driving out of my way & paying a hotel bill for such a short event, though historical.

Sandra, good luck tonight! I wish they knew it was your birthday and would surprise you with a party.

Judy, I know exactly what you're saying. Too bad Pam couldn't let that go. 

Patty, thanks! I got this one from Etsy.

Does anyone know what kind of bird this is? She has babies up high under my front porch and is making a poop mess! This nest is an old one. I didn't think birds would use old nests, unless she built again on top of it?

Last edited by DownSouth (4/03/2024 3:06 pm)

D e v o n n e

4/03/2024 5:12 pm  #35

Devonne- birds will use a previous nest. They will make repairs and adjustments to it as needed.

New house rules!
If it isn’t in or near the hamper or washer it is not getting washed.
If you want or need something done ask otherwise it won’t get done…I don’t have a crystal ball and I’m not a mind reader.
Stop creating problems and realize that maybe you are the problem.
Realize that moaning and groaning and complaining everyday, all day doesn’t fix anything.
🤬

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/06/2024 1:58 am)

4/03/2024 7:30 pm  #36

Those house rules sound great, Janet. Good luck implementing them.

I was tired after retreat last week and was busy over the weekend and couldn’t get rested. So last night I took something to help me sleep. It worked so well that I slept 11 hours!

Last edited by tricia-anne (4/06/2024 1:58 am)

4/03/2024 8:49 pm  #37

HI ALL!

SANDRA, ALMOST MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY COMPLETELY. SHAME ON ME.

BIRTHDAY WISHES FOR WARWICK AS WELL.

STAY SAFE FROM THE STORMS. THINK I AM HEARING VERY DISTANT THUNDER.

THINKING OF EVERY ONE. PRAYERS.........

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

4/04/2024 4:17 am  #38

Birthday wishes for Warwick.

4/04/2024 7:18 am  #39

Sandra has no power and no internet.

i'm sorry this is so small but I have to post from my phone. I'm headed to Gary's doctors appointment with him.

D e v o n n e

4/04/2024 8:43 am  #40

LOL, Janet, maybe have a poster made? 
It finally stopped raining! 
I hope Sandra gets her power back soon. 

Board footera