OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

3/04/2024 3:03 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY MARCH 31 ~ SAT APRIL 6

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/31/2024 12:24 am  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 31 ~ SAT APRIL 6

Have a joyous & peaceful Easter!🕊 ✝️ 🙏🏻

DH has surgery to remove the many pins from his wrist on Tuesday, and if my left eye has healed, I'll have my right eye done April 22nd.  I anticipate there will be no issue.  I'm so thankful that it is healing so well,  and my vision has improved.  It isn't where we hope it to be yet, but I'm so grateful for the improvement! 🙏🏻

I hope you are all well!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

3/31/2024 7:35 am  #3

EASTER BLESSINGS!

STRINGS

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

3/31/2024 9:16 am  #4

I just took the sweet potatoes out of the oven, cole slaw is made, trifle is made. I talked to Mike, today is his birthday, he’s 68. 

3/31/2024 9:16 am  #5

Happy Easter. 
Diane- happy to read about you improvement.

3/31/2024 9:18 am  #6

Holly- did I ever mention that I bake about 6-8 sweet potatoes at a time?  I cool and freeze them whole…2 to a medium zip loc.  DH eats one a day with dinner, regardless of what the meal is. 😵‍💫

3/31/2024 9:39 am  #7

GLAD TO REPORT OUR DAY IS LOVELY FOR EASTER.  BRIGHT SUN AND HITTING THE 50S THIS AFTERNOON.  49 RIGHT NOW.  LOVE IT.

DEVONNE......I REMEMBER YEARS AGO THEY TOLD US TO RUB PAREGORIC ON BABY'S GUM WHEN TEETHING.  BUT THEN THEY USED TO USE ARSENIC IN FACIAL MAKEUP BEFORE THEY KNEW BETTER.

TRISH......I WILL HAVE TO LOOK UP CHUMMY ON DEATH IN PARADISE.  I HAVE TO ADMIT TO NOT LIKING THE LAST INSPECTOR ROLE WITH RALF LITTLE, AS MUCH AS THE OTHERS.  TOO NEEDY I THINK.  I'M READY FOR A CHANGE OF PACE ON THAT SHOW.  

DIANE.......GLAD TO HEAR THINGS ARE GOING WELL FOR YOU BOTH WITH DH'S WRIST HEALING AND YOU READY FOR THE NEXT PROCEDURE THIS MONTH.  FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU BOTH.

DULL DAY FOR ME.  WENT TO BED LATE BUT ALSO SLEPT QUITE LATE, TIL TEN.  FELT GOOD TO GET MORE SLEEP.  I FEEL BETTER TODAY.  NEEDED THAT EXTRA REST.  I COOKED ENOUGH FOOD YESTERDAY SO THAT I WILL BE SAFE FROM HUNGER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS.  I JUST NEED TO GET MY STRAWBERRIES MASCERATED SO I CAN HAVE THEM WITH COOL WHIP LATER.

I AM THANKFUL FOR THOUGHTFUL FAMILY.
I AM THANKFUL FOR MY FRIENDS ON THIS BOARD.
I AM THANKFUL TO STILL BE ACTIVE AND GET AROUND PRETTY WELL EACH DAY.

WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL EASTER DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/31/2024 9:44 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/31/2024 9:48 am  #8

Good Morning to everyone!!  It is a gorgeous day here, the sun is shining bright, very still outside.  Tracy and I hid the Easter eggs outside.  Now we just have to wait for the second child to wake up and they can go find them.

I really must go visit with my family, hope you all have a wonderful Easter Sunday, BJ.

3/31/2024 5:02 pm  #9

My Easter was quiet. Greg stayed home to do yard work. Gary invited me over for dinner, but I decided to stay home. I got a lot done this morning. I put on my night gown at 5:00, lol! 

Diane, that's good news about your eye. Hope things go well for your DH's surgery. Is he retired now?

D e v o n n e

3/31/2024 6:23 pm  #10

Janet, you mentioned it a while ago, and I stole your idea! I get the bags of small ones and roast the whole 5 pounds. I freeze them one or two in a freezer bag. Ralph doesn’t eat them every day, but maybe once a week. I took 5 pounds down and left them.

We had a nice visit and a lovely dinner, it was a really nice day. I don’t know why I’m so tired!

4/01/2024 3:21 am  #11

I did come back on sunday night, but DIANE had locked and bumped already, so I left it till now, I wanted to start some threads while you all slept !

DIANE that is such good news about your eyes, hope the improvement continues, and best wishes to your DH as well (((( hugs))))

SANDRA the last detective ( Neville ) I haven't liked much, he is my least favourite, all the others I liked, it's not definite that Chummy will be on the series, time will tell LOL  Hope you enjoyed your surprise dinner, and happy news to get a sleep in!! I wish I could sleep through the night, I go to bed early because I am so tired from being awake a few hours each night, I need to find a way to break the cycle.

DEVONNE we had a quiet day as well, I did tidy up - apart from all the chocolate on the table that looks messy, I did have 1/2 of a small Cadbury egg, it was awful, I don't like milk chocolate, and Cadbury is horrid, I was given a small dark mint chocl bunny, and bought a Lindt Dark choc one for myself when I got the rest their eggs! Megan had given me the mint bunny, and the huge box of mixed Cadbury ones or her dad. The Mr will devour them all LOL

BJ that is a lovely tradition, hiding the eggs in the garden, hope you had a fun day!

JANET sweet potato is often on our menu as well, tonight was steaks, baked sweet potato and cabbage salad. I had lots of that, it was delicious.

HOLLY  sounds like a lovely celebration, funny about John, he is happy for you to use your card, my brother isn pretty bad with his card, they both are (he and wife) , they buy lots of stuff from China, I don't like to use Temu, it has had some bad reports. He loves it!! We are so different. He is off on another cruise,  the 3rd one this year, they inherited some money from her mother, it will be gone soon at the rate they are spending it.

It was a beautiful day here, if a little hot. The family are back from camping, with a little mishap while they were away, they had no phone service, and ALMOST had to make an emergency trip to hospital on Good Friday, Dean got a fishing lure caught in his temple, of course it was part in and couldn't be pulled through OR back, they had to keep chopping bits off it, she was in the car with the engine started when they got it all out, poor kid, I thought he would've been in pain, she said he wasn't he was laughing and joking the while time! And now you can barely see where it went into the flesh. YIKES!!!! Could have been bad, poor Conner whose lure it was had cast out, and it caught Dean, he was mortifed and really upset - much more so than Dean. Accidents happen, and this could have been worse. They have learnt to stay well clear of each other, sometimes you just don't realise how close you are. 

My sis's family went camping also, our little Bridie had a wonderful time playing in the mud, they had a video of it, she is a character. Her doll was caked in mud also, it was also my Sis's birthday over Easter, and I know our brother didn't remember her, I could remind him I guess, but he didn't remember mine either LOL and she and I  decided long ago that he will do what he wants, wish he could be more considerate of her, she is the babe of our family. He has forgotten mine quite a few times, but he mostly remembers hers. 

I spent today prepping a few things for retreat, its not till late May, but I wanted to get a start, so my Mondo bag is all prepped and the handle squares joined, the rest I will do there. Plus I bought a few new cutting blades, and some cheap fabric to do the stack and slash quilt, I didn't like a couple of choices I had made, so got more fabric, now I have enough, and should have enough batting to cut that up as well.

I went early (before 9am) to get my nails done, but most of the stores were not open till 10 being a public holiday for Easter, all the grocery stores were open, I was going to wait, but came home and prepped instead, I would have had an hour at least to wait. I'll go tomorrow after training. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/01/2024 9:54 am  #12

Good Morning to everyone!!  I will be very brief, Tracy stayed over to take Frank to the Dr. this morning.  They will be leaving shortly.  I really don't have anything to say this morning so will sign off, wishing you all well, BJ.

4/01/2024 10:52 am  #13

ANOTHER LOVELY SUNNY DAY HERE IN THE NORTH COUNTRY.  THE WINDOWS ARE OPEN TO THE FRESH AIR.  LOVING IT.

TRISH......YES, I AGREE, NEVILLE (RALF LITTLE) IS THE LEAST LIKED DETECTIVE ON DEATH IN PARADISE BY ME TOO.  HE'S A REALLY GOOD ACTOR THOUGH.  I'VE SEEN HIM IN A BRITISH COMEDY SERIES BEFORE SOME YEARS BACK.  I LOOKED UP CHUMMY.  SHE WAS ON CALL THE MIDWIFE FOR A SHORT TIME ONLY.  MY TAKE ON IT IS THAT ANY NEW DETECTIVE HAS TO BE BETTER THAN THE MESSED UP GUY THEY HAVE NOW.

THEY MUST BE REPAIRING SOME OF THE UNDERPINNINGS ON OUR ROADS.  THEY ARE USING OUR DAM PARKING AREA FOR EQUIPT AND PIPE AND STUFF STORAGE RIGHT NOW.  EVEN PILES OF SAND.  ITS A MESS.  NOT A GREAT VIEW OUT MY WINDOWS FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS I GUESS.  I DOUBT ANY CANADA GEESE WILL BE NESTING NEARBY AGAIN YEAR.

PLANS FOR THE DAY INCLUDE READING THE LAST MIDSOMER MURDER BOOK I HAVE.  I FINISHED A PLACE OF SAFETY AT 4 THIS MORNING.  GOOD BOOK.  I DO NOT RECALL THIS ONE BEING
MADE INTO A MOVIE.  NOTHING WAS FAMILIAR EXCEPT BARNABY. 

THAT'S IF FRIENDS.  DOING VERY LITTLE AGAIN TODAY.  NO COOKING NEEDED.  
HAVE A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 
EDITED FOR SPELLING ERRORS ONLY.

Last edited by quiltbea (4/01/2024 12:36 pm)

4/01/2024 4:42 pm  #14

Diane, happy to hear your eye is healing and your vision is better.  Good luck to hubby on his recovery.

We had a very nice Easter.  Anthony and family came up on Saturday and spent the night.  Aaron and his family came over Saturday and visited and then we all went to church on Sunday.  Aaron and family came to eat with us and Anthony and family went to Emmily's family.  Church was very nice except the music is so loud these days.  Don't know why it has to be so loud.  (I must be old. )

I made turkey vegetable soup today and it is good.  I used the instant pot to make a broth out of the carcass of the turkey.  Added carrots, celery, onion and cooked it for 2.5 hours.  The broth was delicious and I could have just drank it.  

The weather man is calling for very severe weather again tomorrow.  Hopefully he is wrong but said to be on the alert for more tornadoes here.  It was dreary but warm today.

Trish, I agree with you about those Cadbury eggs.  My two oldest grandkids love them but I do not like them at all.  I do like the small candy shell covered chocolate ones but not those eggs.  

Aaron is flying to Houston for work.  He is on a layover in Chicago right as I type.  He has a 5 hour one so a long wait.  He will be gone all week.  The kids will stay with us over night since Katie has to leave for work at 6:30 a.m. daily and cannot take them to school.  It is going to be a long week for sure.  

Nothing else to say so wishing you all well.

4/01/2024 6:36 pm  #15

I also can’t eat the Cadbury eggs, just too sweet. 

We had leftovers for dinner, tomorrow’s plan is tacos. It’s been a few months since I’ve made them. 

Cheryl, it’s good that you can keep the kids, you’ll need a rest when they go home! 

4/01/2024 6:56 pm  #16

I love Cadbury eggs!   My sweet tooth is very large.  LOL

David had to fly to Milwaukee for work - flew out on Easter so he would be there to begin work early this morning.  He has been planning for weeks to be off work next Monday so he could come here for an extended weekend to do some jobs for me but especially to see the eclipse on Monday.  He has to stay in Milwaukee through Saturday, will fly home to Memphis then and drive up here Sunday morning.  My to-do list for him isn't very long and I think I will mark off a couple of things so it is even shorter.  If I can't do those jobs myself I'll try to get a nephew (I have four nearby) to help.  I want us to have time to visit without him feeling like he needs to work constantly, especially since Lynn will also be here this weekend!  She finished her radiation treatments last week and is feeling fairly well, a bit tired.  She said her skin looks and feels like she has a bad sunburn but hopefully that will improve quickly now. 

Last edited by Pvillelou (4/01/2024 6:57 pm)

4/01/2024 8:40 pm  #17

Our Chick-Fil-A is closing until July for remodeling. This means it will be a 3 lane drive thru and hopefully more parking. 

Cheryl, does Aaron have to travel much for his job? I started a new job once and they said I had to fly to Washington, DC for training. I was so scared to fly way back then, so I didn't take the job, lol. 

Marylou, I feel the same way. Greg is going to put my curtain rod up and fix another one that fell down. My front porch chairs came today and I'm going to put them together myself. 

D e v o n n e

4/02/2024 12:15 am  #18

CHERYL it's so good you can be there to take the kids, you will be tired by the end of the week though LOL
We forget how hard that school run daily is!! It's so good you have that relationship with your grands.
Hope they can see the eclipse, but sounds like it might not be possible with Aaron travelling

MARYLOU and DEVONNE you are both so lucky to have family  to help when needed, but it's also a good idea to do things yourself IF you can. I know that I can do some things, but others I will get someone, Pete will always mow lawns etc, and Gary will help out with fixing other things, and now the boys are old enough as well. But I would happily pay for some services if I need to. Even buying furniture from Ikea, they will do it for you now -  at a price of course.

Nothing much happening here either SANDRA we had a lot of rain this morning, then it cleared, then poured down at noon and now sunny again. 
I ordered a raincoat, didn't really look at the info properly, and it's a shorter one than I wanted, it's still good though, and will be good to take to Ireland/Scotland. It was delivered today, then when I went to get my nails done I was looking for something for W for his birthday, but I found a couple cotton mix sweaters for me!! Discounted to well below 50% off, so I got some, too good to miss, and will be handy when we are in Queensland in June, it's warmish during the day, but sometimes you just want a little light  covering.

Now I still need to find something for the Mr, he bought  a few pair of shorts and some long pants, maybe that will be his gift. We don't need to give each other 'things' we usually get what we need/want when we want to.
And it was my idea he buy these last week. 

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

4/02/2024 7:56 am  #19

GOSH, I REMEMBER THE DAYS WHEN I CHAUFEURRED THE 2 GRANDS DOWN THE HILL TO THE HIGHWAY 7/8 OF A MILE TO THEIR BUS STOP.  BY THE WAY, OUR COUNTRY HIGHWAY WAS ONLY 2 LANES WIDE WITH BREAKDOWN LANES ON THE SIDES.  2 KIDS, DIFFERENT TIMES SINCE THEY WERE IN DIFFERENT SCHOOLS, AND THE PICKUPS AFTER SCHOOL TWICE AS WELL.  I COULD NOT DO THAT THESE DAYS.  BUT I ENJOYED IT THEN AND WATCHING SPONGE BOB AFTER SCHOOL WITH MY GRSON AND MAKING TOASTED CHEESE SANDS.  HE LOVED THEM AND I MADE THEM DIFFERENTLY FROM HIS MOM. THERE WERE ALSO THE TRIPS TO PICK THEM UP FROM SCHOOL WHEN THEY HAD BRACES CHECKUPS AT THE ORTHODONTIST OR LATE PICKUPS AT SCHOOL FOR ACTIVITIES.  IT SEEMED LIKE I WAS ALWAYS IN MY CAR GOING SOMEWHERE.

MY LIBRARY LADY SALLY IS COMING THIS MORNING.  I HOPE TO SEE 5 MYSTERIES I'VE NOT READ BEFORE.  OR ELSE A LONG TIME AGO SO ITS GOING TO BE LIKE READING A NEW STORY.
I ALSO ORDERED 7 BOOKS ONLINE YESTERDAY FOR MY OWN BIRTHDAY GIFT TO ME.  5 ARE LARGE PRINT ONES AND ONE WAS A BDAY GIFT FROM THRIFTBOOKS WHICH IS NICE OF THEM TO DO EACH YEAR.  I LOVE THE EASE OF READING THE LARGE PRINT BOOKS.

SUN IS SHINING BRIGHT AND NICE TEMPS AGAIN TODAY.  WINDOWS ARE OPEN FOR THE FRESH AIR.  LOVE TEMPS IN THE 40S AND 50S WITH SUNSHINE.
WISHING YOU ALL A GOOD DAY.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (4/02/2024 8:00 am)

4/02/2024 10:03 am  #20

Good Morning.    Been a few days, again.  It's been a busy few weeks, for us.   Places we had to be and other aggravations, ie a major bank glitch.  We couldn't figure it out and neither could they, at first.  Turns out there was no fraud.  It was something Howard did right after his stroke and it just showed up.  He willingly admits to having done some things he didn't realize he was doing at that time and sometimes, still...This one, of course, had us in a dither and it makes me crazy  because he can be impetuous.  Enough!

We were each given 4 Cadbury eggs for Easter by friends and we found them too sweet, even for Howard. So, for mine, I used a baby feeding spoon, (I have two and they often come in handy in the kitchen) and dug out the filling and ate  only  the chocolate.  Those and the Easter lily I picked up at W-M were my only Easter things, this year.  As usual, we went to church on-line.  We're planning to attend in person next Sunday.  
In the afternoon, as planned, I went to ML's and we hung out together for 3 hours while the guys watched the Purdue/ Tenn. game  at their respective homes.    Aren't we all duds?  

Andrew flew to Austin, TX yesterday for his week of working there.  The only rental car available was a Dodge Ram pickup.  He's an urban guy, not a cowboy, and his mother who lived with us in TX is having a ball with that!  

Janet, I bake 6 sweet potatoes at a time and do the same as you, freeze them for later, to eat two at a time, one for each of us.
Howard loves them candied, but he never gets them...not good for him, and this is the only way I will eat them, so...

It's raining, now,  possibly turning to snow overnight into tomorrow.  A real April Fool!    But it won't last, so I don't care.  Think we can stay home and catch up the next few days.  Looking forward to that.  Have a good day.
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (4/02/2024 10:06 am)

Board footera