OurDailyThread

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

3/04/2024 3:04 am  #1

ODT SUNDAY MARCH 24 ~ SAT MARCH 30

Last edited by tricia-anne (3/04/2024 3:04 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/23/2024 11:43 pm  #2

Re: ODT SUNDAY MARCH 24 ~ SAT MARCH 30

Carol!  Thank you for all the beautiful pictures of roses and the history behind them!  My grandmother in OK had gorgeous roses and they smelled heavenly!  Your pictures brought back many cherished memories!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

3/24/2024 1:10 am  #3

Was it Devonne or Indy who asked about my garden plans?  🤔  I will certainly have baskets, but not my usual crazy number, if I can control myself.  😉  I have plans of redoing areas of our front yard which will keep me busy.  All plans depend on how light-sensitive I am after the next eye "surgery," but thus far, I'm very pleased after the first one.

Belated happy birthday, Patty!

Belated happy anniversary, Cheryl & Dean!

Patty, I'm so sorry about the nasal spray for dry eye causing such issues!  Yikes!  I don't use any nasal sprays because it increases my already-high eye pressure.

More later.  Happy Sunday!

(((hugs!!!))) & prayers!     ~MnM~ aka Diane

"The secret to having it all is believing you do!" 

3/24/2024 3:28 am  #4

Thank you DIANE, how are you feeling, when is the next surgery? 
I am going to need cataract surgery, the surgeon thinks we will make a decision in October, if the eyes get worse at night driving I will have to make an earlier appointment. I'll know in June as I'll be doing some night driving, but we'll be away in August, so it will have to be after then.

The family all called in here after the Easter Show, Dean ( as he promised LOL ) ate his way around the show, he had made a list so he didn't forget the treats he wanted. If only he was as diligent with his school work!! He wanted - in no particular order - cheese toasty and chocolate milk, sushi, pasta from the wheel of parmesan cheese fresh lemonade, oysters,  potato on a stick (like  curly fries threaded onto a long stick ) ice cream/gelato, scones jam & cream, and fruit from the fruit/veg display. Also tastes from all the vendors offering food samples - he also had lots of water and a couple Cola drinks.

John just wanted some American sweets (straps and warheads) and he bought a couple show bags with sweet things. He tried to give me the money back I had given them this morning - he's a sweet boy (should say young man shouldn't I ), told him we'd rather see him enjoy buying  something than have him get it when we're gone!

I am tired tonight, it's gotten quite warm! It did so overnight, was cool when we went to bed and I woke at 3am sweating, wish it would stay cool at night now. I think our daylight saving ends next weekend. So it will be darker in the morning, but light in the evening a bit longer.

See you tomorrow !
p.s. I posted Jane on last weeks thread, I finished her this afternoon. 

Last edited by tricia-anne (3/24/2024 3:30 am)

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

3/24/2024 8:12 am  #5

VGOOD MORNING!

DIDN'T GO TO PALM SUNDAY SERVICES. WILL CATCH ON FACEBOOK.

QUILTBEA SANDRA DOESN'T HAVE INTERNET OR CABLE TODAY, SO SHE WON'T BE POSTING. SHE HAD SNOW YESTERDAY. HOPE SHE WILL BE ABLE TO POST SOON.

SORRY TO HAVE BEEN MIA..

THINKING OF EVERYONE. PRAYERS................

strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys

3/24/2024 8:45 am  #6

Have a great Sunday, ladies! 

I haven't spoken with my sister since I got back. Her line is always busy or she doesn't answer. Melena is going there today & she will check her phone while there. The last time she found it under the mattress with a busy signal.

Diane, so happy this surgery went so well for you. 

Trish, I had to read the eye chart at my last dr. appt. She wouldn't let me finish reading when she saw how good my vision was, lol. Dean must have been really full at the end of the day! 

Last edited by DownSouth (3/24/2024 8:47 am)

D e v o n n e

3/24/2024 8:47 am  #7

Trish - your quikt is fantastic.

3/24/2024 9:16 am  #8

The sun is shining, the sky is blue! I just did a blog post with an updated pic of my XS. 
My phone and watch and iPad all have updates. I did the phone and watch, the iPad can wait til tonight. This update was a slow one! 

Texas Roadhouse is today’s lunch spot with F and C.

3/24/2024 9:54 am  #9

Hi, all.

Trish, Jane is fantastic!  You deserve a gold medal for that one.  

Linda, thanks for letting us know about Sandra.  We do worry.

Devonne, I hope Melena finds everything is okay.

Holly, your cross-stitch is beautiful.

I made it to church for Palm Sunday.  The children's choir sings, and they are so adorable.  It was chilly on the plaza for the start of the service, so I was glad I wore pants, a turtleneck, and a jacket.  My mother would be highly offended if she knew I went to church in pants, but she isn't here, so I guess I'll hear about it when I see her in heaven.  

Someone asked about yellow roses.  Well, I'm a Texas girl, so yes, we do have a couple.  The yellow gene inherently weakens roses, so there aren't as many as pink ones which are really my favorite.  

This is True Friendship.  There is a newly bred species, and they are all called True Something:  red is True Passion, white is True Purity, etc.  Since Texas' motto is Friendship, that's the reason for this one's name. 

Last edited by Needlecrazy (3/24/2024 9:55 am)

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.  Mary Engelbreit 

3/24/2024 10:07 am  #10

Good Morning, Tracy just got up, so I need to go visit with her, but wanted to check in with you all.  Hope everyone is doing well. It is a beautiful day here, sun is shining bright, but it is very still.  

Hope you all have a wonderful day, BJ.

3/24/2024 10:59 am  #11

Hello!!
Trish the quilt is very nice.
Carol the roses are beautiful.  The yellow one today is my favorite.
Yes, we're supposed to be getting a big snow storm.  The flurries started here about 9:30, just when I had to go for a haircut.  Luckily it's only two miles down the road from me.  We're waiting to see how much we will get, maybe a foot.  I'm thinking it will be south of us.  We've been in fire danger for weeks so we really need moisture be it rain or snow.

Have a great day everyone.

Sew Happy (Patty)
Northern Minnesota

3/24/2024 4:42 pm  #12

Carol, it was me who asked about yellow roses. I have a beautiful yellow hybrid tea rose. I haven't cut them back this year. 

Can't remember if I mentioned Gary's leg surgery went well. They will do his left leg this Wednesday. I thought it would be in his lower leg, but the surgery was in his upper thigh on the inside. 

I've been having a lot of back pain so I've been like Sandra...doing what I can, when I can. I certainly haven't done any sewing. I have an appt. with the neurologist April 26th.

D e v o n n e

3/24/2024 8:11 pm  #13

Carol, that yellow rose is stunning!  I, too, love the yellow roses.  I like them outdoors and not cut and put in the house as my allergies go crazy.

It was snowing this morning and by the afternoon it was 45 and sunny.
We had grandson, Andrew, here for the weekend.  He loved being the only grand here at the time.  Usually his sister and Amelia and Gabriel are here.  When they come up from Columbus, Aaron usually brings his kids over so the cousins can spend time together.  Andrew had Papa Dean all to himself. lol.  We just got back from taking him half the way to Columbus (about and hour and 15 minutes) and Anthony drives north to meet us for about the same time.

Trish, my friend just had cataract surgery and he is quite pleased with the results.  Says night driving is so much better.  On the first afternoon, though, he was asking what had he done?   But by the next day, he was not unhappy.  He had his second eye done on Wednesday.

My cardiac scoring showed some abnormal plaque build up in the heart and now I have to see a cardiologist.  I have an appt on April 2.  Seems like every time I go in for an appt, she finds something else for me to worry about.

3/24/2024 9:05 pm  #14

Trish- my night vision was bad. I had cataract surgery and it was no better. I still have that glare and Star burst effect when headlights come toward me and from street lights too. My eye surgeon said cataract surgery doesn’t always improve night vision. Hope it works for you.
I haven’t driven at night in many years.

Last edited by Missmommy (3/26/2024 9:03 am)

3/25/2024 8:14 am  #15

I WAS RATHER LOST WITHOUT CABLE FOR 36 HOURS.  MISSED MY MOVIES AND REGULAR PROGRAMS I WATCH.
FIRST OF ALL, I HEARD FROM OUR MTNGAL MARILYN AGAIN. .... SHE SAID......
"THANK YOU, I'M COMING BACK BUT ONLY HAVE AN OLD AILING IPHONE THAT EVEN BARELY WORKS SO I NEED TO GET SOME EQUIPMENT."
I HOPE SHE GETS SOME SOON SO SHE CAN PARTICIPATE WITH US HERE.  I HAD FORWARDED THE INFO TRISH GAVE ME SO SHE COULD COME BACK.

TRISH......THAT QUILT IS A-PLUS BEAUTIFUL.  YOU DO GREAT WORK AND I KNOW IT TAKES LOTS OF TIME AND EFFORT.  THREE CHEERS FOR YOU.

CAROL......THANK YOU, I ENJOYED THE ONGOING GARDEN SHOW WITH YOUR ROSES.  SURELY THEY ARE MARVELOUS.  ONE OF MY FAVORITE FLOWERS ALONG WITH IRIS.  ROSES CAN HAVE SO MANY DIFFERENT LOVELY SCENTS.

I WANT TO THANK LINDA FOR LETTING YOU KNOW I HAD INTERNET TROUBLES.  I KNOW HOW YOU EXPECT ME EVERY DAY AND WANTED YOU TO KNOW I AM OK, JUST TECHY FAILURE.  
WE WERE LUCKY WITH THIS STORM.  WE GOT MAYBE 5 INCHES OF SNOW BUT THE WINDS WERE TERRIBLE.  GUSTS TOOK DOWN MANY TREES AND LIMBS WHICH TOOK OUT POWER IN SO MANY TOWNS, INCLUDING THE BIGGY, PORTLAND.  MY SON IN PORTLAND AND MY DAUGHTER SOUTH IN SACO WERE WITHOUT POWER FOR SEVERAL HOURS.  THEY ALSO LOST INTERNET AND CABLE BUT GOT THEIRS BACK A GOOD 12 HOURS BEFORE WE DID.  THANKFULLY WE ARE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.  HOW DID I GET SO HOOKED ON TECHNOLOGY THAT BEING WITHOUT IT FEELS SO EMPTY.
I WAS ABLE TO MAKE SOME PIZZA LAST NITE SO I HAVE ENOUGH TO GET ME THROUGH TODAY AS WELL.  LOVE MY HOMEMADE PIZZA.
I USED MY DOWN TIME WITH READING, READING, READING.  GOT THRU 2 MORE BOOKS AND AM ON A 3RD TODAY.  PLAYED SOLITAIRE ON MY PHONE, WHICH I COULD RECHARGE WHEN NEEDED, AND ALSO ON MY PUTER SINCE IT DIDN'T NEED INTERNET FOR THAT.  
NOTHING EXCITING PLANNED FOR TODAY.  WILL CATCH UP ON MOVIES I HAD RECORDED EARLIER.  MAYBE WILL COOK SOMETHING BUT NOT SURE.  
SUNNY AND BRIGHT TODAY BUT ONLY IN THE 30S.  HAVE A GOOD DAY LADIES.  HUGS, QB S 

Last edited by quiltbea (3/25/2024 8:23 am)

If you want to see my latest pics, you can check out my blog:
http://quiltcrafter.blogspot.com/
old one: http://quiltladysgardens.blogspot.com/ 
To Post Pix... http://postimages.org

3/25/2024 9:43 am  #16

Good Morning to everyone.  Sorry so many of you folks had trouble because of the weather.  It is raining here today, but yesterday was beautiful.  Tracy went home last evening, will miss her so!!

Rhonda will be over today after work.  That's so very nice as she fixes dinner for us.  I'm sure we'd be fine without her, but it sure is a help to have her fixing it for us.  It is 48* today so fairly comfy!!

I really don't have anything to say, so will sign off, wishing you all well, have a wonderful day, BJ.

3/25/2024 10:18 am  #17

Good Morning.    Terrible wind gusts here.  Tomorrow is supposed to be worse.  Makes me nervous with the woods so close.  I love it when BJ says how still it is, there.  At least we were warned.

If I disappear for a bit, don't worry.  My "new" laptop is acting up.  Just shuts off in the middle of what I'm doing.  Howard replaced one of the hard drives Saturday.  He'll have to figure it out.  I said "new" but it is a refurbished one so who knows...

Andrew's parents went to see him over the weekend--their Easter-time together.  He can't come home this next weekend.  He flies to TX on Monday for a week's work in their Austin office.  It will be a change of scenery and probably fewer hours than he's been putting in.  Anyway, ML took lots of prepared foods, and some Easter stuff and who knows what else?  She said he liked everything and they had a good time and visit.  

So...she invited Danny and family for Easter dinner but they have other plans.  And, we (I) have insisted we  NOT do anything next Sunday.  She offered for us to come there and the 4 of us eat together, but that's work for someone and really not necessary.  To be honest, the two men, while cordial and pleasant, don't care one way or another at all, and we've decided she and I will spend some time together in the afternoon and call that Easter.   

Carol, you're so astute to know that we would enjoy the rose "parade".  I've had two roses in my life--the antique cutting, white with a glorious fragrance from Aunt Glady and a hybrid one, a gift from my cousin in MI.  She and her hubby were great rose people.  It was a beautiful apricot color  and I cherished it and coned it in the winter but it died too, after probably 5 or 6 years.  They are not my favorite flower, but are so beautiful.
You'll probably laugh at my faves:  holly hocks and cosmos...in a different category than roses, right?  

QB, how true, our reliance and obsession with our electronics, as maddening as they can be!  There's certainly a void when they're unavailable.  I too hate the empty feeling that brings.  However, I do turn off the tv when Howard goes upstairs for the peace and quiet, most of the time.   If he's down here, it's on!

Cheryl, that was nice that Andrew could be the "only" for one day.  He'll remember that day.  You have a nice family despite some of the miseries you've all endured with Aaron's ex and illnesses.  Better to be aware of any possible heart issues.  Of course, you know that.  I love my cardio and how he manages things I would know nothing about.  My father, who I never knew, died at the age of 61 of something heart-related, so while I have no details other than that, I'm glad to be under a cardio's care.  But, it's hard to start up with another doctor and another possible issue.  

Going to get busy.  Have a good day and a good week.  
Indy

Last edited by indyanny (3/25/2024 10:25 am)

3/25/2024 11:04 am  #18

We went to the food store, I had enough receipts for a reduced price turkey breast. It was jammed with people, and they were stocking every aisle! Monday is 5% off for Veterans, so we try to go then. 

I don’t know what we’re doing for Easter, have talked to Heather. If it’s just the 2 of us, that’s fine, too. It’s also my brother Mike’s birthday, he’ll be 68. 

Yes, it’s amazing and annoying how dependent we are on our devices! I’m sitting here with my Apple Watch on, using the iPad, and surrounded by my iPhone, kindle, iPad mini, Apple laptop and chrome book (used for pattern keeper for my cross stitch.) 

3/25/2024 4:54 pm  #19

The cruise ship we were supposed to go on last April, Carnival Freedom, caught on fire again Saturday! This time they said lightning was the cause. 

I am looking for two wicker chairs for my front porch. They are so expensive with the nice cushions, so I will keep looking. I need to check out Wayfair. I often go to Google and type in "wicker chairs best price." I've done this with multiple things I want to buy.

I have kale in the instant pot and sweet potatoes in the air fryer. How nice I don't have to watch them.

We have rain coming in tomorrow. I hope I can get some azalea and rose fertilizer out before it comes.

My nails have gotten so long, it's difficult to type!

Last edited by DownSouth (3/25/2024 4:56 pm)

D e v o n n e

3/26/2024 3:41 am  #20

SANDRA I hope Marilynn can join us again soon, and I do appreciate all the help you have been able to pass on to her. I still have to figure out how to phone the USA, I did it before, but I seem to have lost the knack LOL

HOLLY that cross stitch is beautiful, such a pretty scene, it's growing nicely as well - you'll be finished before you know it!  Our stores were really busy today - hope that means less people will be in them Thursday. 

INDY we are having a quiet Easter too, we'll probably have John over, he's not going camping with them, he has a few shifts at work, the dogs will keep him company at night, and he knows we are only a couple minutes away. 

DEVONNE two fires, that's awful, hope the ship can be repaired without too much hassle, maybe they will retire it??  Best wishes to Gary - hope he is comfortable after his surgery. 

CAROL I have had so much joy from seeing your roses, I love the yellow, I still think my favourite is the Mutabilis. She is unusual, and so different from all the others. I need to do something about mine, they are looking straggly, the blooms have stopped for the most part, a few flowers still, at least this year they didn't get any bugs or yellow/black spot.

JANET hope you had a good time at your retreat, did you get a lot done? I have a few projects I need to organise for mine, but it's not till the end of May.

PATTY not too much snow for you this year, I hope you get some much needed rain! Was your retreat productive as well? Seems strange to hear you have little snow all winter. 

I had a couple busy days, the assessor came again today, he wanted to sign off on the work we had done, I had to get stuck into cleaning yesterday, so many threads from that quilt, and it's also gotten hot - again  - but it is cooling off a little tonight.

I just saw about the tanker hitting the bridge in Baltimore dreadful, the bridge just collapsed, probably better that it hit around 1.30am your time, still a lot of people on it though, I imagine it would be much worse if it was during the day. I do hope that emergency services are able to help them.

THANK YOU for the comments on my quilt. I actually enjoyed the process, it's not really my style of pattern, but it was interesting to do. 
I have it all ready for Julie now, binding will be done tomorrow, The Mr is going to the Easter Show again with Pete, so I have the day to myself, then Thursday he is taking a bowling friend, he'll be tired.

I ordered a special treat for the family, pick it up on Thursday, Snood El Sit. Think that's how you spell it, Megan's favourite, only problem is it's being delivered fresh to the store on Thursday and the busiest day of the year, I think I will go straight from training, drop my quilt to Julie and then to the shop, parking will be a nightmare LOL Dreadfully fattening, but it's her Easter treat!  ( And mine and John's as well. )

(((hugs))) and prayers
Trish

Board footera